Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2014, 10:16   #3931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is it there on the Duster manual? Because its not there on mine. (The older ones)
Not there on my manual too. Also no beep sound after pressing the lock / unlock button. Mine is also initial lot Duster
Old 25th April 2014, 10:57   #3932
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
understand. 100km is too much is it not?
I agree its too much. My BMW went all the way down to 8 miles even after the low fuel indicatro came on.
Old 25th April 2014, 15:09   #3933

Hello to all.

Phew... My registration is approved.. at last. Thank you.

Have been watching this thread for some time now, ever since I wanted to buy a Duster.
have booked a brown Duster 110 RXZ a few days back, pending loan formalities.
Nagendra_11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 15:37   #3934
BHPian

I am based out of Pune. My duster is soon due for the 2nd service@10000 Kms. Which would you recommend as the better service dealer - Jay Vijay OR Roharsh, Baner. Are there any specific things I need to take care? Mine is a 85PS and the average FE on the crowded Hinjewadi roads is about 14kms. Even my Pune -Indore-run did not fetch more than 17kms. But that was at about 5500 km on the speedometer.
sunny13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 21:43   #3935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
Mine is a 85PS and the average FE on the crowded Hinjewadi roads is about 14kms. Even my Pune -Indore-run did not fetch more than 17kms.
Hey Sunny, your FE figures are not bad. Your highway figures are a little low, but that's not surprising if you are at 3 digits on the speedo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagendra_11 View Post
Hello to all.
Phew... My registration is approved.. at last. Thank you.
@Nagendra, welcome to the family. Wish you many happy miles.
Old 27th April 2014, 18:23   #3936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is it there on the Duster manual? Because its not there on mine. (The older ones)
See this attachment:
Duster Auto Lock0001.pdf

But the auto lock still does not work. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
My highest fill was 74 liters after the low fuel indicator went on. The next day I drove to Delhi, non stop from kolkata in a little over 20 hours. Stopped only once for a fill after Kanpur, after crossing 1000 kilometres. That's why I say, no car in this segment offers such value for money in terms of ride quality, mileage and reliability. Mine is a 110PS RxZ
I owe you an apology, Himadri - the tank in the duster is a black hole! It auto stopped at 41 lts & I said, "Top up". It took an additional 16 lts!! I filled about 56 lts and I had driven about 20 lts after the fuel light came on. So, 60lts seems to be easy!

I have a couple of problems though: After filling 56 lts, the fuel guage was showing only 1 bar, despite switching off & on. Later it reset by itself. Dont know why.

What does resetting the trip meter do? I thought, (as per manual pages 1.56 to 1.59, Fuel used, Av. Fuel consumption, Distance travelled, Av speed all should get reset. They continue from beginning of time. However, Estimated range seems to have got reset. (I tried resetting with both the trip meter loooong press & the stalk long press - does not affect this).

See:

Fuel used, Distance travelled not reset; nor has fuel guage

Renault Duster : Official Review-20140426_192555.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-20140426_192610.jpg

Suddenly, fuel gauge shows full but none of the data has got reset.

Renault Duster : Official Review-20140426_194257.jpg

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another method to reset or is it a bug?

Please do let me know. Thanks.
Old 27th April 2014, 20:11   #3937
BHPian

I got home yesterday in my Duster (85 PS) after a 570 kilometers drive back from Chengalpet to Thrissur. I topped up the fuel tank and started the journey at 4.00 am from Chengalpet. The roads were butter smooth roads and we often crossed 130 kmph mark. Reached Thrissur in 8 hours. I refueled the tank again after reaching home and calculated the mileage. I got a fuel consumption figure of 18.9 kilometers per litre with A/C on. The ride was also so comfortable that I was as fresh as I started, when I got home. Great car Duster especially for long drives.
jaisha8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 20:34   #3938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
See this attachment:
Attachment 1235070...It auto stopped at 41 lts & I said, "Top up". It took an additional 16 lts!! I filled about 56 lts and I had driven about 20 lts after the fuel light came on. So, 60lts seems to be easy!
after the autoshut off, did the next 16 liters go in at one shot? Or did the pump keep authoshutting off due to the fill pipe back flow?
Old 27th April 2014, 20:51   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
See this attachment:
Attachment 1235070

But the auto lock still does not work. Any ideas?
Interesting that they've included this in the user manual. Half an year ago when Vid mentioned the same somewhere in this thread, I gave it a try however nothing worked save for the beep that I heard after 5 seconds. Mine is a satnav version btw.

Quote:
I have a couple of problems though: After filling 56 lts, the fuel guage was showing only 1 bar, despite switching off & on. Later it reset by itself. Dont know why.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there another method to reset or is it a bug?

Please do let me know. Thanks.
This usually happens if the engine is on while refueling. Sometimes the trip meter takes it's own sweet time to recalculate the fuel figures. This has happened to me a couple of times in my Duster; have seen this happen to a Honda city and Vento. Now that I've made it a habit to turn off my car while refueling, everything works just fine.
xjosephjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 03:51   #3940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
after the autoshut off, did the next 16 liters go in at one shot? Or did the pump keep authoshutting off due to the fill pipe back flow?
Looks like the attendant was experienced - he trickled it in s . l . o . w . l . y ! So, it did not shut off after that. Also he seemed to know that the auto shut off was only the first bid on the part of the Duster and completely ignored it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Interesting that they've included this in the user manual. Half an year ago when Vid mentioned the same somewhere in this thread, I gave it a try however nothing worked save for the beep that I heard after 5 seconds. Mine is a satnav version btw.
Mine is the 2Din BT version. Will ask the service folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
This usually happens if the engine is on while refueling. Sometimes the trip meter takes it's own sweet time to recalculate the fuel figures. This has happened to me a couple of times in my Duster; have seen this happen to a Honda city and Vento. Now that I've made it a habit to turn off my car while refueling, everything works just fine.
Thanks. THat seems to cover the facts. Will try it next time. Hopefully I will remember

I am having a hard time, coming from the Innova & City, remembering to wait until the lights go out before turning on the car!
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 07:49   #3941
Team-BHP Support

I would say the best approach:

- Turn off the engine when refuelling
- If possible use the regular auto cut-off method.

I have been following this all the time. And I see a pretty regular FE all over the ownership period. Agreed more fuel would help cover longer distance. But it sure would mess up the FE statistics. In that case one has to regularly look at amount of fuel filled and work over weighted averages for the whole trip to arrive at average FE.
Old 28th April 2014, 14:00   #3942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Iam assuming that by smoothening out bumps you mean that a lot more steering feedback is necessary and the vehicle is markedly more uncomfortable to drive.Interestingly, if you are a passenger, the vehicle seems more comfortable. I am also guessing here that in your 12500 kms covered, you are guilty of rough riding over manholes at higher than normal speeds. If that is the case, you are not alone In the last few posts, I have been complaining about wheel shake and suspension clatter. Anyways. I took my Duster to the service center and told them to sort out my issues. As an attempt, they removed the entire suspension assembly and refitted it and now the vehicle rides like new.So I would suggest that you get down to your service center and insist that all suspension bolt nuts are properly torqued and you will feel the difference.
Regarding the AC, I have a high speed air blower which I use to clean the radiator and the inter cooler every 1000 kms. It is more like point and shoot at the radiator fins and the inter cooler fins.You will be surprised at the increase in cooling of the AC and the reduction in fan vibration after cleaning.Still, the AC cooling leaves a lot to be desired.
By smoothening, I meant that while riding over even minor potholes, I can still feel mild jerks. Considering so much has been said about the Duster, maybe I have set my expectations too high.

But I'll surely ask the guys at the service center to do what you've said here, whenever I get time to visit the SVC!

About the AC, I don't have a high speed air blower but if it helps increase cooling, I'll surely buy and use it to clean the radiator fans. Still, AC is the biggest drawback in the Duster as far as my personal opinion goes!
Old 28th April 2014, 19:41   #3943
Senior - BHPian

I was looking at the Koleos & suddenly it struck me ... would it be possible to fit the B Pillar mounted vents/ blowers of the Koleos on the Duster?

See:
Renault Duster : Official Review-renault-koleos-interior-rear-ac-vents.jpg

From the manual it appears that the Duster is designed for foot blowers for the rear anyway (dont know why they did not at least have that!)

I think it may not be very difficult to do a good job of it.

But they say "Nothing is impossible for the man who doesnt have to do it himself". SO, what do the gurus say?

PS: Spoke to DC. They did not show much interest. Were trying to palm off their abomination of a central AC on me.
Old 29th April 2014, 21:02   #3944
BHPian

I just completed my 10K service at Whitefield Renault the wheel alignment report showed identical Before and After numbers (another BHPian reported a similar finding from the same dealership earlier in this thread)

Upon questioning the service rep, he stated that on the Duster only Front Toe can be adjusted and rest (Front & Rear Caster, Camber & Rear Toe) cannot be adjusted. Can someone please confirm if this is True?
Old 29th April 2014, 21:09   #3945
Distinguished - BHPian

@bdman, it is quite possible that only front wheels can be adjusted. You can see this on many vehicles, across makes.

It depends on design of suspension.

Regarding your post, you have not mentioned if ALL readings are same before & after - or if that is the case only for Front / Rear wheels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks