Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2014, 11:08   #3946
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Folks I've an open question. I find the engine noise of my Duster 85ps to be intrusive. Has anyone tried sound damping job in the firewall - be it engine bay side, or behind the dashboard ?

I'll be giving the car for service soon, and since there are annoying rattles from the dashboard, they will probably unmount the dashboard or a part of it. So, I'm thinking about this damping job, and would like to know your opinion on the same.
Old 30th April 2014, 18:36   #3947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Regarding your post, you have not mentioned if ALL readings are same before & after - or if that is the case only for Front / Rear wheels.
On the wheel alignment report - which be definition would relate to the wheels, right? -- all readings are the same before and after. Which means the dealership did not have to make any adjustments. A few numbers were in red -- before and after -- but apparently those settings cannot be adjusted. Which I have now confirmed with the Service Manual
Old 1st May 2014, 03:41   #3948

Dear Dusters...

I have been breaking my head on whether to upgrade myself from Chevrolet Spark to Renault Duster or not . Thanks to all the detailed reviews and insights provided by BHPians. The only point that am all concerned is about the A.S.S. For this reason.. i dared to think about XUV500 to give additional points to Mahindra being more conducive after sales. But given XUV is clearly out of my range , I am in a fix whether to upgrade myself at this point of time or to wait and give Renault a little more time to improve their after sales service in India.. especially in Bangalore (coz.. i hail from here)

I request for your suggestions and experiences with service centers.

Regards,
Preeti

I dilemma continues.. especially with some news kicking in http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ds-371011.aspx that both Ford and Renault getting new India heads

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post. Please also avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st May 2014 at 10:01. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-quote instead of typing successive posts within 30 minutes.
Old 1st May 2014, 07:14   #3949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetipi View Post
Dear Dusters...

I have been breaking my head on whether to upgrade myself from Chevrolet Spark to Renault Duster or not .

I request for your suggestions and experiences with service centers .

Regards,
Preeti
I would suggest not to upgrade or if really want to do so there are many other brands where after sales service is much better.
Rattles are a big issue for many which the service people cannot handle and you have to do it yourself. Next are the protruding fenders you have to take care in bumper to bumper traffic which was easier in the Spark. Otherwise it a fantastic car if you are a car buff. Good luck.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:53   #3950
Senior - BHPian

Duster to have some discounts along with it.

Quote:
Those who are in the market for the Renault Duster, easily the most successful product from the Indian subsidiary of Renault, can avail of an exchange benefit of INR 15,000 on the RxE, Adventure Edition and RxL petrol variants. And the deal becomes even sweeter for the more buyers of the more popular diesel variant, as the manufacturer is offering an exchange benefit of INR 25,000 on the 85 PS (RxL, RxL+, RxL Opt) and 110 PS (RxL, RxZ, RxZ+, RxZ Opt) variants. This is not all as the car maker is also offering two years of additional warranty and road side assistance for four years, all free of cost! Buyers of the Duster compact SUV also get a free membership to the carmaker’s recently introduced initiative ‘Gang Of Dusters’.
Source: Here

On a lighter note, seriously? Gang of Dusters?

Last edited by _raVan_ : 2nd May 2014 at 10:56.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 14:27   #3951
Senior - BHPian

FE after first 1000 km

Just to give an update on my FE. I crossed my first 1000 km yesterday on a 130 km drive. While going early in the morning with the AC off, I got an average of 21.8 kmpl. While coming back with the AC on, I got an average of 18.3 kmpl. I drive the 85 psi version. Am I happy? You bet ;-)
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 08:14   #3952
BHPian

Got my Duster Base Model 85ps
Alloys from Emperor and Spoiler from Car Shoppe
More Updates and Pictures Later...
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20140505_125208.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20140505_144840.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20140505_154533.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20140505_174301.jpg  

valapad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 08:42   #3953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
himadrimondal .. the protruding fenders you have to take care in bumper to bumper traffic which was easier in the Spark.
Why should the fenders be a problem ? Or did you find it a problem when you moved to Duster ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 08:51   #3954
BHPian

90% of the Dusters I see on road have their rear fenders brushed with either minor or deep dents. The seating position of the driver is much inside the actual width of the car. I am lucky enough to save them till date.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 8th May 2014 at 08:52.
Old 8th May 2014, 10:06   #3955
Distinguished - BHPian

Let me check . .. I dont remember seeing Dusters damaged like that.

Luckily, I have not experienced any such thing, even though I have driven the Duster just a couple of times.

Driving the Duster would be like driving any other car - it is always about judging from inside how much space one needs - With-Out being able to have a full view of the vehicle from outside.

Last edited by condor : 8th May 2014 at 10:08.
Old 8th May 2014, 11:55   #3956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valapad View Post
Got my Duster Base Model 85ps
Alloys from Emperor and Spoiler from Car Shoppe
More Updates and Pictures Later...
Congratulations!

How much did the Spoiler cost you?
Do they have other colors readily available, or do they get it painted when ordered?
Old 8th May 2014, 12:51   #3957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Congratulations!

How much did the Spoiler cost you?
Do they have other colors readily available, or do they get it painted when ordered?
Thanks Brother,
Spoiler 3800 RS,
Have to Order...
Old 8th May 2014, 13:18   #3958
BHPian

In fact Duster from inside feels larger than it actually is, and sometimes you tend to withhold the tendency to cut into narrow space. Guess this illusion is more because of the visible bonnet, its a feel good factor anyway.

But one thing the sheet metal it will easily get dented around the bulges, but needs a solid impact. The doors will spring back on minor impact. Happened to me once when a car hit me from the side at a U Turn. I was driving straight. He hit the driver side door then reversed back, there was a noise like a oil tin can side go in an out, but then not a scratch.

While a on the rear bulge I had an unfortunate hit by a cow crossing the road, which left a minor dent.

Last edited by HillMan : 8th May 2014 at 13:21.
Old 9th May 2014, 16:09   #3959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Let me check . .. I dont remember seeing Dusters damaged like that.
I think it's a question of which city you are checking it in and also which part of the city you live in (if it is a large city). Calcutta, where Himadri comes from, is notorious for its completely lawless autos, buses, minibuses and a host of different other types of public vehicles which are quite above the law and have no compassion whatsoever for your large car. Driving a large vehicle here is not easy and many Duster fenders here do look to have been kissed by these guys.

I got hit by a rogue driver on virtually the first day out in the city. But that was not the fender but right on the bumper behind. He was probably drunk and just forgot to press the brake at the red light where I was standing peacefully.

But I do agree that the bulging fender does not affect my driving. I just have to be a bit more calculating and careful while squeezing in tight situations.
Old 11th May 2014, 20:50   #3960

Got delivery of my Duster RXZ 110 a few days back. Thrilled right now .
The ride was no smooth, right from the delivery. This made me check the tyre pressure right away. And was I surprised ? All tyres had tyre pressure of 50+ reading ! Got it lowered to 29. Car feels great now. Dont know why it had such a high tyre pressure on delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks