Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2014, 15:26   #4006
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Moved the amplifier from my old car to my Terrano and installed Infinity 6.5inch speakers(component) on the front doors.

Did it in a hurry! Big mistake!

Since the OEM player does not have an RCA output the fitter installed an RCA converter for amp input. They drilled holes on the door to fix the over-sized speakers and now the glove box does not open. Also now my leg hits the speaker cover while driving.

Any expert suggestions on a solution for this? Could I move the door speakers to the back doors?
Old 23rd May 2014, 22:13   #4007
BHPian

Not sure if this has been discussed. Just want to share couple of pages from Dacia Duster service manual that talks about the presence of R.A.I.D (Read: speed sensing door autolock functionality) in Dusters

Renault Duster : Official Review-raid.jpg
Old 24th May 2014, 10:28   #4008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed. Just want to share couple of pages from Dacia Duster service manual that talks about the presence of R.A.I.D (Read: speed sensing door autolock functionality) in Dusters

Attachment 1243512
I have seen the settings for this feature in my MediNav unit.
I have not used it though.
Old 24th May 2014, 11:30   #4009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I have seen the settings for this feature in my MediNav unit.
I have not used it though.
Are you sure that you're not talking about the speed sensing volume auto-adjust feature in media-nav (above 40kmph the system is supposed to throw out more sound) ? IIRC I haven't seen anything related to door auto-lock in the media-nav.

By the way, have anyone used the above mentioned feature in the media-nav ? I find no difference when it's turned on, no matter what level I choose and what speed I drive.
Old 24th May 2014, 13:33   #4010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Are you sure that you're not talking about the speed sensing volume auto-adjust feature in media-nav (above 40kmph the system is supposed to throw out more sound) ? IIRC I haven't seen anything related to door auto-lock in the media-nav.

By the way, have anyone used the above mentioned feature in the media-nav ? I find no difference when it's turned on, no matter what level I choose and what speed I drive.
I am so sorry for the confusion.
I miss read it for a discussion on the volume controls, .

I definitely have not seen any settings for the door lock system.
I wish it was an easy to enable feature (at least for service center).
Clearly enabling it by holding down lock button has not worked for any one.
Old 24th May 2014, 15:40   #4011
BHPian

Didn't work for me. I have 85 ps (Opt)
Old 26th May 2014, 11:08   #4012

Didn’t work for me too. I do hear the beep when I press it for >5 seconds.
But again, it does not auto-lock on reaching any speed.
Old 26th May 2014, 19:27   #4013
BHPian

This has been discussed earlier as well. The speed sensing lock does not work on Duster. Something I would have loved to see working.

One thing I miss more than the auto lock is the windows up module for which I havent found an aftermarket accessory as well.
Old 27th May 2014, 00:12   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
This has been discussed earlier as well. The speed sensing lock does not work on Duster. Something I would have loved to see working.

One thing I miss more than the auto lock is the windows up module for which I havent found an aftermarket accessory as well.
Thats true, however the point is to find if it is possible to enable it using the Clip tool that should be available at dealerships. The service manual mentions the presence of speed sensing door lock (RAID) in Duster, and the ways to disable/enable/configure the same.

That said I sorely miss one touch wipe, adjustable intermittent wipes and one touch window up functionality.
Old 29th May 2014, 08:15   #4015
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Our Duster was sent for its 40,000 km service on the 26th. Apart from the regular Oil and Filter change there were these few extra jobs done:

Brake Oil Changed (INR 900 odd) - As per Renault's guidelines for the 40 K service

Clutch Pedal Changed (Free of Cost) - Was not done willingly. I had told my dad about Renault offering a re-designed clutch pedal for people complaining about heavy clutches as I found that out here on the forum. He asked them about it and they refused saying that its not a problem in our vehicle. When my dad asked them to register a complaint regarding the heaviness of the clutch, they said they will look into it. In the end a new clutch pedal was installed. What the new pedal has is a provision for adding an extra spring which reduces the effort required to depress the clutch.

Wheel Rotation/Alignment & Balancing (INR 1800 odd) - As our complaint for uneven wear of the front tires was shelved for the time being, with Renault providing 2 brand new MRF Wanderers, we had offered them that the alignment and balancing from now on will be done at their place to avoid any confusion regarding poor workmanship/knowledge of aftermarket tire shop wallas. Just to be sure that there was no external intervention in maintaining the vehicle. Lets see how long the tires last this way.

LHS ORVM (only mirror) replaced (INR 350 odd)- Luckily for us in a minor nick in Delhi traffic, only the mirror had shattered. This was replaced for about 350 odd bucks.

Including labour for all the extra jobs, the total bill came up to 7500 bucks.
Tgo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 09:45   #4016
BHPian

Yours is the 110 or 85?
Old 29th May 2014, 10:17   #4017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Did it in a hurry! Big mistake!

They drilled holes on the door to fix the over-sized speakers and now the glove box does not open. Also now my leg hits the speaker cover while driving.
Photo's, please ..

Where did you get it done ?
Old 29th May 2014, 11:54   #4018
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Yours is the 110 or 85?
Its the 110.

Another thing I forgot to mention that they checked the brake pads and said that they were good for another 10,000 km at least. Don't know how other people have been recommended a brake pad change in the region of 30-35 K km..?
Old 30th May 2014, 10:41   #4019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Clutch Pedal Changed (Free of Cost) - Was not done willingly. I had told my dad about Renault offering a re-designed clutch pedal for people complaining about heavy clutches as I found that out here on the forum.
Is this only for the 110 PS version?
Old 30th May 2014, 11:05   #4020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
brake pad change in the region of 30-35 K km..?
It depends on the user and his way of driving, if you use less braking, your brake pads will last long. I have seen people changing brake pads at 10K also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks