Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2014, 14:43   #4201
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
I have them in my car and that could be the reason I too couldn't make out any wind noise. So does that mean wind deflectors or rain guards, whatever its called as is the solution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Interesting! Anyone tried fixing these? What does it cost? I had read earlier posts on replacing the stock beading with customized one as a solution. Any good experience in Bangalore, cost?
Will much appreciate inputs. Thanks.

Cheers
deepeshh ,I think so.

Waxeloquent ,I initially had after market side visor ,which cost me 1500 Rs.But it had a tendency to fall off and looked flimsy.

So I ripped them off and went for original Renault accessory , which cost me 2900 Rs,but it comes with full installation guide and is of very good quality.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 14:59   #4202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
deepeshh ,I think so.

Waxeloquent ,I initially had after market side visor ,which cost me 1500 Rs.But it had a tendency to fall off and looked flimsy.

So I ripped them off and went for original Renault accessory , which cost me 2900 Rs,but it comes with full installation guide and is of very good quality.
Interesting. I searched the web and found some info.

The Link.......

But it says these deflectors are useful when the window is kept open. Did you keep your window open (even if partially)?

Seran
Old 15th July 2014, 15:09   #4203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Interesting. I searched the web and found some info.

The Link.......

But it says these deflectors are useful when the window is kept open. Did you keep your window open (even if partially)?

Seran
I tried both ways ,but I think it works even with glass up ,as air flow hitting glass portion will be deflected still then.
Also ,unlike many other cars it seems like a special case with Duster ,may be its due to the shape of the car or thin glasses.I never had this problem in my previous cars.I used to hear the sound clearly as wind blowing to my ears before installing those deflectors.Now it seems like toned down .

Last edited by anilntny : 15th July 2014 at 15:11.
Old 15th July 2014, 15:30   #4204
BHPian

Thanks Aniltny! Would you know the brand Speedwav, Farad....? Cheers
Old 15th July 2014, 15:50   #4205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Thanks Aniltny! Would you know the brand Speedwav, Farad....? Cheers
I have heard of Speedwav,seems like a good brand
Old 15th July 2014, 16:16   #4206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
I used to hear the sound clearly as wind blowing to my ears before installing those deflectors.Now it seems like toned down .
Thanks for the info Anil. Had not idea the issue could be resolved that easy and classy. People have tried lots of things to fix the wind noise. Although not an irritant as there is something always playing on ICE

The price seems to be reasonable too if it is a quality product, as you mentioned.
Old 15th July 2014, 17:11   #4207
Senior - BHPian

@anilntny

I was looking at the Renault Direct parts, UK for this part and it looks like the Renault version tucks into the door sill and is not stuck on the outside.

See: http://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/prod...8Front%29.html

Can you please confirm that this is so in the Renault original part that you purchased? Or is it also stuck on the outside, only with better glue?
Old 15th July 2014, 18:13   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Any offer on Duster these days? They seem to have ready stock -- planning to pick up 85 RXL+, and are saying the 9.99L ex showroom is only till July 15, which is today. No further discounts. On road is ~11.5 in Pune.

Anyone getting any offers/ better deals anywhere else? A quick reply would be great!!
No offers here in Bangalore! The 85 RXL + is the 1 lac edition and availability is now purely function of remaining inventory since last month. You have to choose from the available colors ( do it quickly if you are interested in this edition ). The prices for the new regular ( non 1 Lac edition ) 85 RXL + have gone up by 70K in Bangalore. I recently booked 1 Lac anniversary edition and did not get any offer - other than a bit of discount on accessories.
pranav_mankad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 00:47   #4209
BHPian

I see a lot of discussions going on here over wind deflectors or rather door visors. I got them (Genuine, that's what the dealership says) installed from the dealership itself when I bought the car. Been living with it for like 15,000 km. Purpose was not to cut out the wind noise; I sometimes love to drive with windows slightly open when it rains.

In my opinion visors doesn't bring any noticeable improvement in the acoustics. Well I don't quite remember how bad is Duster's wind noise without visors, but I can say that with visors on I'm thoroughly unhappy with the wind noise in my car especially at high speeds. I might take them off after the Monsoon.

Needless to say, any foreign objects stuck on the exterior of the car affects the aerodynamics and amplifies turbulence. Do note that Visors thickens the A pillar, and adversely affect the visibility.

That said, I don't know how good the latest visors are, however I would think twice before investing on visors again.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 16th July 2014 at 00:49. Reason: Removed an uncertain sentence
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 01:05   #4210
BHPian

hello BHPians. Need some help here.

Noticed that the front passenger door does not lock from inside even when you lock the car centrally using the switch on the console. Is there a way to do that? Is there a trusted way or workaround to lock the car automatically once it starts moving?

Thanks!
Old 16th July 2014, 06:52   #4211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Is there a trusted way or workaround to lock the car automatically once it starts moving?
Sadly this is one feature Renault refuses to give its customers for the Duster. Forget speed sensing, I would be glad even if they have an automatic locking with ignition. This is not available as an accessory as well.

This is also one of the few differentiating feature between the Duster and Terrano.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 11:00   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Sadly this is one feature Renault refuses to give its customers for the Duster. Forget speed sensing, I would be glad even if they have an automatic locking with ignition. This is not available as an accessory as well.

This is also one of the few differentiating feature between the Duster and Terrano.
This is disappointing. One classic example of companies not adapting to the needs to local geography. For India, its a safety requirement (from muggers or road rash) for doors to lock once the vehicle starts moving.

Do we even have a way to lock the front passenger door (from inside)? Its a disaster if the door accidentally opens, with the lever getting pulled by getting stuck in a cloth or something.
Old 16th July 2014, 11:11   #4213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
hello BHPians. Need some help here.

Noticed that the front passenger door does not lock from inside even when you lock the car centrally using the switch on the console. Is there a way to do that? Is there a trusted way or workaround to lock the car automatically once it starts moving?

Thanks!
Rightly said by Hillman, but the doors do get locked from inside. Once the doors are locked no one from outside can open the doors until the locks are released. It's just an additional functionality in duster that the front two doors open without even a person unlocks the door, which I feel is a very good functionality.

I find it very useful when you are driving alone and you want to get out for some work, opening the drivers door doesn't unlocks the entire car and you are sure that no one can enter your car from any other doors.
Old 16th July 2014, 19:38   #4214
BHPian

Could someone clarify the following doubt of mine.

The MID shows distance to empty while the last block on the fuel gauge is on display. Once the last block vanishes the distance to empty becomes just dotted lines and no Km displayed. This makes it practically impossible to calculate mileage from the MID's perspective. This could definitely be a safety measure so that the driver doesn't get stranded for lack of fuel.

What I mean is for instance, if the last block is displayed in the fuel gauge and the distance to empty is displayed as 100 Km, thereafter just by running another 10-15 odd km, the last block vanishes and you are not able to see any Km to empty figure.

Does anyone know approximately how much liters of diesel will be left once the low fuel symbol arrives?
Old 16th July 2014, 20:01   #4215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
The MID shows distance to empty while the last block on the fuel gauge is on display. Once the last block vanishes the distance to empty becomes just dotted lines and no Km displayed.
Once you are below 20-30% of fuel, I think its not worth trusting the MID. To compute your FE take the regular fill to brim approach or if auto-cutoff; then be regular with a particular and follow the same pattern regularly. I follow the second approach. I obtain consistent FE. I dont trust the MID at all. And also I never go below 30% fuel levels and always tank up to auto-cutoff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks