Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2014, 20:55   #4321
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Guys. Need some help. I have done 15k KMs with my Duster and finally decided to upgrade the headlamps. Any suggestions please?

Would prefer getting this done from someone who has done it before In Bangalore.
Old 31st August 2014, 08:39   #4322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Guys. Need some help. I have done 15k KMs with my Duster and finally decided to upgrade the headlamps. Any suggestions please?

Would prefer getting this done from someone who has done it before In Bangalore.
Try Osram Night-breaker 55W. It does not need any modification to the existing setup. Just a change of bulb. Follow the instruction from owners manual or the guy at JC Road or your nearest accessory shop, can do it for you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3213074

Last edited by HillMan : 31st August 2014 at 08:42.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 23:04   #4323
BHPian

Am close to a decision after all this while with my location/ job / where I'll be sorted out.

I want easier driving, am a sedate driver, so 85 PS Diesel seems to be it. The RxL Diesel plus model is my baseline as I'm unwilling to compromise on airbags and it seems there are none below this price/ model in diesel.

My only question is choosing between the 85 PS RxL Diesel Plus or the 85 PS RxL Diesel Optional. There's a price difference of close to Rs 1 lakh

Carwale seems to suggest that the difference between the on road price of the two is Rs 1.4 lakh, and all I can see from the site is that the unique features higher end Optional model has are

1. Rear parking sensors
2. Seat belt warning
3. Bluetooth compatibility
4. Alloy wheels.

I will instal a rear view camera, but that aside are the above 4 features sufficient to justify a premium of close to a lakh and a half. Or am I missing something?
Old 4th September 2014, 00:35   #4324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
I will instal a rear view camera, but that aside are the above 4 features sufficient to justify a premium of close to a lakh and a half. Or am I missing something?
To me its not worth the money you pay additional for Option Pack.
RxL Plus has EBS+ABD+Break Assist and air bags which is worth the price difference from RxL. Actually, if you buy the Alloys and MediaNav at dealership itself, it will still cost you lesser. Do consider the road tax and insurance cost differential as well

The default stereo system in RxL has bluetooth integration and a remote stalk behind steering wheel. It works pretty well.

You could also compare features with Terrano at the same price band.
Only thing I sorely miss on Duster is the speed sensing door locks, which they have in Terrano.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 15:21   #4325
BHPian

I have a query. The instrument cluster has a door-ajar warning light.
Is it possible to also have an audio alarm enabled along with this (at the service center)?
Has anyone been able to get some useful functionality enabled via the OBD tool at home or service center?
Old 5th September 2014, 17:34   #4326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Am close to a decision after all this while with my location/ job / where I'll be sorted out.

I want easier driving, am a sedate driver, so 85 PS Diesel seems to be it. The RxL Diesel plus model is my baseline as I'm unwilling to compromise on airbags and it seems there are none below this price/ model in diesel.

1. Rear parking sensors
2. Seat belt warning
3. Bluetooth compatibility
4. Alloy wheels.

Go for plus .Its value for money you can add all the rest depending on your choice and budget.I suggest OE reverse camera by renault,which cost around 11000 Rs.But it is similar to the ones seen in new i20 with auto night mode and integrated display.

Last edited by anilntny : 5th September 2014 at 17:36.
anilntny is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 22:20   #4327
BHPian

Hav booked the 85 RXL OPT NAV diesel recently, to take delivery during navratras. But then heard some murmurs of a facelift coming soon . Is it true ?. I can hold on/delay much longer if it's true .
The on road for it (in UP) was coming to 1219600 (including comp insurance+zero dep). After discount of ~30000 + car seat covers + mud flaps free it is coming for 1190000. Prob will take insurance and zero dep separately so should save another 2-3 thousand ! Is it a good deal ? Saw a large hoarding where a free trip to Thailand was also on offer ?
Tha 85 RXL PLUS on the other hand would be approx 1127499(1157499minus 30000) . Difference of 62500 rs.
Old 8th September 2014, 12:41   #4328
BHPian

Guys, I noticed a puff of black smoke from my Duster RXE D while using a heavy acceleration this morning. Is this normal?
Old 8th September 2014, 21:34   #4329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post

I've upgraded to 100/90 if I remember correctly from JC road, and I'm quite happy with them, I've traveled more than 26K kilometers and the majority of them on highways as I hardly drive in Bangalore crazy city drive.

It needs a relay to be fitted to get the power it needs.
Old 8th September 2014, 21:56   #4330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurha View Post
It needs a relay to be fitted to get the power it needs.

Not only the relays, you need to use ceramic holders instead of the stock holders to withstand the heat, else there is always a risk associated with this upgrade. I am also planning for an upgrade till I go for a light bar. Whats your opinion on the throw and the intensity from the Duster reflectors? Is it worth the upgrade? Any sign of reflector darkness?
Old 9th September 2014, 07:44   #4331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Not only the relays, you need to use ceramic holders instead of the stock holders to withstand the heat, else there is always a risk associated with this upgrade. I am also planning for an upgrade till I go for a light bar. Whats your opinion on the throw and the intensity from the Duster reflectors? Is it worth the upgrade? Any sign of reflector darkness?
Yes, obviously that is one thing which has to be added, the wiring which was fitted had ceramic holders by default, as most of them come with ceramic holders.

I'm happy with the throw, obviously you can't compare it with a light bar or a pair of Hella, but it's decent enough.
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 13:36   #4332

Guys, need guidance from the NCR mates... have been thinking about biege leather covers for the duster... checked with Stanley (along MG Road) and the cost was just exorbitant.. upwards of 70k for various options... has anyone gone ahead with leather upholstery in NCR? would be great if people could chip in with their comments.

Also, open to all, has anyone gotten it done from the Renault dealer.. . i remember my guy telling me they can, it has to be ordered and was 40k (ish) if i remember correctly...
Old 12th September 2014, 15:29   #4333
BHPian

How to check quantity of fuel in Duster's tank..

Hello folks!

Just a small useful lil tip I learned at the workshop

It's a sequence of button pressing that brings up some "engineering mode" on the Duster MID.
It shows the quantity of fuel in tank with resolution of 1 Litre.
Max. amount of fuel it shows is 50L.
(as in, even if you fill in 60L fuel - it will still show "50L", and it will only drop when actual fuel in tank goes below 50L..)

Even if the DTE has blanked out -this method will still show you the fuel in tank.
(When I checked - it showed 7L in tank.. just when the DTE had blanked out).

It would also help us check & verify - after refueling.

Here are the steps:
Step 1:
Renault Duster : Official Review-fuel-tank-method-step-1.jpg
Step 2:
Renault Duster : Official Review-fuel-tank-method-step-2.jpg
Step 3:
Renault Duster : Official Review-fuel-tank-method-step-3.jpg
Step 4:
Renault Duster : Official Review-fuel-tank-method-step-4.jpg
Step 5:
Renault Duster : Official Review-fuel-tank-method-step-5.jpg
..Profit

----
Remember : Switch off Ignition & then start your car normally.
----

FAIL:
Renault Duster : Official Review-fuel-tank-method-fail.jpg

Disclaimer: This being engineering mode - deviating from the sequence may cause something unintentional / unwanted things / damage(?!).
You are trying this at your own risk!

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 12th September 2014 at 15:36. Reason: changed title
driverace is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 15:54   #4334

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Hello folks!

Just a small useful lil tip I learned at the workshop

Ace.
super tip, thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhy View Post
Guys, need guidance from the NCR mates... have been thinking about biege leather covers for the duster... .
As an update, am trying to negotiate with Reliance Autozone in GGN for a club deal on leather Ovion seats and 3D maxpider foot mats for 45k. Do share any info/experiences, if any. Will keep the junta posted of any developments.
Old 13th September 2014, 14:11   #4335
BANNED

Found this awesome Video of Duster AWD, which Renault will launch in Delhi very soon.

micrographics is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks