Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2015, 01:59   #5131
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Sorry deepeshh, that feature is missing. I will ask my dealer and confirm, if
it is possible to enable the same.Out of the box, the feature is missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Turn on the key and keep your lock butto9n pressed for a few seconds until you hear a beep. This will enable auto lock. I did it in my car as well as a terrano.
The Old Dusters use a different Body Control Module. Autolock cannot be enabled, myself and the diagnostics guy at Renault have tried to enable it using the clip. Nevertheless, please go ahead and check with your dealer. Like the Security System addon, who knows what all has Renault introduced.
Old 20th September 2015, 15:08   #5132
BHPian

Quote:
Turn on the key and keep your lock butto9n pressed for a few seconds until you hear a beep. This will enable auto lock. I did it in my car as well as a terrano.
Thank you so much! I just tried, and it worked like a charm. I am so relieved that the auto door lock feature is now enabled on my car! Mine is the new 2015 Version.
Old 21st September 2015, 14:04   #5133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
The biggest drawback of these much touted "Explorer Editions" is the lack of even 2 airbags. At least have the basics in place Renault, before launching these fancy editions.
Agreed completely, one of the very important factor's I was considering. If I leave that out aside explorer is a tempting option - especially, at the price they are offering and everything else they have provided and some of them which was available only on their top variant.

I am still thinking and will take another couple of days before I make a decision.
Old 21st September 2015, 21:44   #5134
BANNED

Today while going to market, my Duster suddenly stopped in middle of road and failed to restart.

This happened 2nd time in last 6 month when running car stopped in middle. Upon inspection, found battery fully drained. My Duster is just 10 months old finished approx. 6000 km. only.

What can be the reason for such failure?

Last edited by micrographics : 21st September 2015 at 21:45.
micrographics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 21:48   #5135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Today while going to market, my Duster suddenly stopped in middle of road and failed to restart.
Cant think of any obvious reason. Anything to do with higher ignition currents thanks to faulty plugs? (Just venturing a guess here)
Old 21st September 2015, 22:14   #5136
BHPian

Is it a petrol or diesel variant? I believe Petrol variants need battery backup even after the engine is started, unlike diesels.

Do you run / drive your car enough to charge the battery? If its not charged and you are using the AC, then the AC will drain the battery slowly.

I had such an experience with my older diesel car, where the mechanics had used the stereo when they were attending to repairs. Car was jump started and I was also warned not to use AC or stall the car till I reached home, a good 15km.

Experts in the forum can correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by pugram : 21st September 2015 at 22:15.
Old 21st September 2015, 23:02   #5137
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mate. Enabled on 2015 AWD and its working perfectly. Looks like its set at speed exceeding 10kmph. As soon as I hit the pedal the doors get locked .
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:49   #5138
BHPian

What has the maximum kms any one you (Duster Owners) driven on a full tank?

I was reading a thread on the Creta and one of the owners claimed that after travelling 1,000 kms on a tankful, there was still 1 bar left on the fuel gauge. He guessed that it could be a 60 liter fuel tank on the Creta. Very impressive, if for a 1,000 kms, no refill required.

I am trying to understand if the Duster can also travel 1,000 kms (assume a long drive with good FE) on a tankful before going for a refill.
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:03   #5139
Senior - BHPian

Yes Duster is known to give 17-18 kmpl on highways, especially NH4.
I will be soon doing my BLR to Pune drive - its about 865kms. Will keep you guys posted on my numbers!!
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:16   #5140
BHPian

I've just finished a 4500km across south India trip and my 85ps gave me in the region of 19-21kmpl through diff stages of the journey. Avg 100-120kmph tops. I drove through highways, Nilgiriis ghats, shortcuts, etc. Ride was fantastic to say the least. AC was on through the whole journey, in first or second blower mode. Have to give it for an overall checkup soon.
Shanmd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:43   #5141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Upon inspection, found battery fully drained. My Duster is just 10 months old finished approx. 6000 km. only.
What can be the reason for such failure?
Have you installed any after-market electrical accessories?
Please take your Duster to an independent battery dealer who can easily check for the following, using a volt/amp meter. (Most of them check these for free).
1. Current leaks - can also pinpoint the area of leak (e.g., horn, stereo, headlights, a/c, power windows, etc).
2. Charging voltage - If this is less, some thing is wrong with the alternator (this can even be because of a loose alternator belt. Have you heard belt squealing noise recently?)
3. Battery acid specific gravity - If this is ok, you can recharge your battery externally. This would give you more time to find out the cause of the battery drain, before going for replacement. If the specific gravity is low in any of the cells, you can even push for warranty replacement of the battery.
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:13   #5142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
I've just finished a 4500km across south India trip and my 85ps gave me in the region of 19-21kmpl through diff stages of the journey. Avg 100-120kmph tops. I drove through highways, Nilgiriis ghats, shortcuts, etc. Ride was fantastic to say the least. AC was on through the whole journey, in first or second blower mode. Have to give it for an overall checkup soon.
WOW - seems like you had a blast! Mind sharing more? Many folks would love to emulate (me included!!)
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:30   #5143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
WOW - seems like you had a blast! Mind sharing more? Many folks would love to emulate (me included!!)
Hi Equus.
Indeed I shall, as soon as I get to sit down.

An earlier post at the end of first leg of the journey..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3770584
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:02   #5144
BHPian

I recently did a Bangalore - Goa trip in my 110ps duster . The car was a breeze to drive throughout . It behaved equally well on the national highways and the ghat section and the potholes wereno match for the wonderful suspension . Best part evryone in the car not just the front seat occupants felt comfortable through out the journey .The total journey was for 4 days 1300 kms .Overall fuel efficiency would be somewhere between 17-19 with a/c on all the time.Speeds maintained were in the range of 100-120 most of the time .

The wind noise is definitelyless after I got the damping done last week . The cabin was a less noisy compared to my last highway run .
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:52   #5145
BHPian

Need to give my Car for the 4 service, Mine was among the first set of Duster's , Is there something that the Service Center needs to change as part of warranty? They replaced the clutch during the last service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks