Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2015, 00:53   #5206
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Just found this crazy story over internet today. It would be interesting to know the fellow bhpians comments on this.
A customer donated his duster as a garbage vehicle after being frustrated over an electrical issue /AC related issue which the company couldn't solve even after 209 days.
Link:http://thelogicalindian.com/story-feed/exclusive/frustrated-customer-donates-his-renault-duster-for-garbage-collection-disposal/
Old 14th November 2015, 13:30   #5207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynix123 View Post
Just found this crazy story over internet today. It would be interesting to know the fellow bhpians comments on this.
A customer donated his duster as a garbage vehicle after being frustrated over an electrical issue /AC related issue which the company couldn't solve even after 209 days.
Link:http://thelogicalindian.com/story-fe...tion-disposal/
Thanks for sharing. This is a very bad time for me to have seen this link . I just booked a duster and I am waiting for delivery in a week. Is it really that bad after spending over 1.3 million rupees on this ride? i am truly worried!
Old 14th November 2015, 15:36   #5208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynix123 View Post
Link:http://thelogicalindian.com/story-feed/exclusive/frustrated-customer-donates-his-renault-duster-for-garbage-collection-disposal/
This is very old article. Probably more than six months old and has already been shared in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Thanks for sharing. This is a very bad time for me to have seen this link . I just booked a duster and I am waiting for delivery in a week. Is it really that bad after spending over 1.3 million rupees on this ride? i am truly worried!
I don't think you should worry a lot on this. There have been quite a bit of happy owners as well on this forum.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 20:05   #5209
BHPian

The above shared story is an old one. I am a happy Renault duster owner.

Based on my own experience, Renault India service is good.
Old 16th November 2015, 09:40   #5210
BHPian

Well I am a happy owner of RxZ 110 PS Diesel for 3 years now. Except the routine maintenance nothing untoward. Done hills, plains, national and state highways, some village roads....No issues. Enjoyed particularly when others were hesitating to take potholed roads, humps....Dusty was real cool. Yes drive in Bengaluru city traffic as well, got used to the so called hard clutch (honestly for someone who had never driven a diesel vehicle) 😀 Cheers
Old 16th November 2015, 12:06   #5211
BHPian

My experience with Duster albeit only for 6 months has been a pleasant one.
I have driven it through different types of terrain and it has never disappointed me. Long drives have become fatigue less and the best part is it provides comfortable drive to all the passengers.
With custom seat covers,better speakers,3D mats,interior ambient lighting and a touch screen pioneer head unit(on the cards) the interior is a much better place to be
Old 16th November 2015, 22:39   #5212
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Duster has sold between 3k go 4K units per month. I am sure there are not so many garbage bins in India. So far, my experience with my 10K service has been very good. I think there are are many other satisfied owners on this forum as well.
Old 23rd November 2015, 23:58   #5213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Folks
- What do you think could be the reason
- What should I do, in terms of warranty? (The car is 15-16 months old)
- How can I ensure Renault acknowledges the problem in the first place, as currently, it is intermittent?
- Has anybody else had the same problem?
I am facing the same issue since last couple of thousand KMs. My car is an year old and has 21500 on ODO. Didn't get time to get it serviced on 20k.
I will be taking it for service tomorrow. Let's see if those guys can fix it.

Has it been resolved for you?

Last edited by ampere : 25th November 2015 at 07:14. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 24th November 2015, 10:02   #5214
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems there are very few colours left in the Duster available at Bangalore dealers. Does this mean that the facelift is just around the corner? Discounts are ranging from 65k to 80k especially if you are happy to take a slightly older vehicle (April manufactured etc.).

Anyone have any concrete information on the launch dates? Is it likely at the Auto Expo in February?
Old 24th November 2015, 20:05   #5215
BHPian

Hi. I am looking to install the wheel arch claddings, side claddings and front plastic bumpers (that come with built in fog lamps) i.e all the ones that came on the adventure edition on my duster. I am based out of chennai, can someone connect me to a supplier. I asked renault, they are too pricey and do not commit if they can get it.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Old 25th November 2015, 01:21   #5216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
I am facing the same issue since last couple of thousand KMs. My car is an year old and has 21500 on ODO. Didn't get time to get it serviced on 20k.

20K service estimate given is 5200.

I checked about gear shift problem from first to second and I got a call in the afternoon from the SA. Here is what he told me:

This is a problem with many 85 PS Dusters. They have already escalated it to RENAULT and are waiting for a response.

I had no idea how to react to that. I asked him how does he expect me to ride a faulty car to which he had no answer and told me that he would call me back wed morning. Vehicle is still at the service center.

What do you guys suggest?
Old 25th November 2015, 13:43   #5217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry - did not realize it was my post you are responding to!

First time, they claimed to have replaced the entire gear box. Whatever, but the problem went away. NOw, from 35k on the odo, the problem has appeared

I think it is a clutch issue.

Quote:
20K service estimate given is 5200.

I checked about gear shift problem from first to second and I got a call in the afternoon from the SA. Here is what he told me:

This is a problem with many 85 PS Dusters. They have already escalated it to RENAULT and are waiting for a response.

I had no idea how to react to that. I asked him how does he expect me to ride a faulty car to which he had no answer and told me that he would call me back wed morning. Vehicle is still at the service center.

What do you guys suggest?
I dont think this is a serious problem but it is a definite problem. I had something similar on my Innova - turned out to be the clutch.
Old 25th November 2015, 13:51   #5218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Sorry - did not realize it was my post you are responding to!

I think it is a clutch issue.

I dont think this is a serious problem but it is a definite problem. I had something similar on my Innova - turned out to be the clutch.
That's alright buddy.

Got a call from SA today morning telling they have raised a CR for the issue and are waiting for a solution from RENAULT. They want to keep the vehicle till evening to do some more checks.

Good thing though is they they have admitted its a problem and haven't tried to brush it under the carpet.

Bad thing is I will have to wait for a week or two to get the solution on what needs to be replaced.

Other than this, Duster is just awesome. I took a long ride from Delhi to Bangalore in April and it was a lot of fun and still continues to be the same after 1 yr and 21k kms.
Old 25th November 2015, 16:17   #5219
BHPian

I hate this when service centres don't know how to handle the vehicles. They managed to scratch the car in just one day :(

I stopped them from rubbing. They are well behaved and are requesting for two days to get it painted. I have no idea what to do now. Although, white color, not too sure ifpainting some area is a good idea. Also need a couple of days to do it.

Regarding gear shift issue, they have got a reply from RENAULT are going to order synchronizer and Will take around 10 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20151125_155840.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20151125_155834.jpg  

Old 4th December 2015, 09:29   #5220
BHPian

Got the 3rd year/30K service done (Actual odo reading@26K), cost: 11.5K

Planning a long drive soon, so went the whole 9 yards and also got some accessories etc worth abt 3.5K. Jobs done:
  • Clean injectors , throttle body
  • replace air filter
  • replace engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter
  • Coolant topup (1L )
  • Brake cleaning& pad thickness check
  • Wheel alignment, balancing
  • Underbody wash, Exterior cleaning
Saved a bit by shifting back to Mineral Oil after running 20K kms on Synthetic, never felt any difference either way. SA actually recommended Mineral.

Got two jobs done under warranty:

1. AC Knob for Circulation mode was hard: got that changed/lubricated. this was being done for the second time-what rubbish

2. SA told that there was some Service Bulletin from Renault regarding a "Chemical additive". the guy didn't have much details, except for that its a 9K job done for free . All right.

Later, I find that there is a half empty bottle of Anti Freeze that they have put in the boot- could this have been the chemical treatment? God knows. Job history mentioned some "O.D.S done" under Warranty work.

Interior fabric was made real dirty by these guys. Need to get the first interior cleaning done after my roadtrip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks