Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 21:04   #5221
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Hi. I am looking to install the wheel arch claddings, side claddings and front plastic bumpers (that come with built in fog lamps)
Any help will be much appreciated.
There is a chap posted an advertisement on olx for Terrano. He has duster parts also. Copy of listing attached. Please check with him. I am also interested in a set, if you want to strike a deal for two sets
Old 4th December 2015, 21:22   #5222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
There is a chap posted an advertisement on olx for Terrano. He has duster parts also. Copy of listing attached. Please check with him. I am also interested in a set, if you want to strike a deal for two sets
Thanks for the find. i spoke to this guy, attached is my conversation with him. Can we trust this guy? What do you think?Renault Duster : Official Review-screenshot_20151204211205.pngRenault Duster : Official Review-screenshot_20151204211213.pngRenault Duster : Official Review-screenshot_20151204211220.pngRenault Duster : Official Review-screenshot_20151204211157.png
I would feel more convenient dealing with a brick and mortar place than this guy. But he sounded "okay".

I also found some sources on Aliexpress too but with added shipping it came to OEM pricing. This guy seems to be our only option.
Anyway I am in Bangalore right now, I will do some running around and check and let you know.
Old 5th December 2015, 12:02   #5223
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
I would feel more convenient dealing with a brick and mortar place than this guy. But he sounded "okay".
I agree, since there are lots of cons happening on the net.

Just in case any delhi duster owners are interested in buying, maybe they can check??

You can also check if he can give us some references of people in the the south whom he has sold to..
Old 5th December 2015, 14:28   #5224
BHPian

Unable to attach pics, will pm if interested

There was a person on the facebook page for Renault duster India owners by the name of Amit who has had good reviews, I am also in the plan of purchasing the cladding from him. Attached are the pics he sent.
Old 6th December 2015, 12:53   #5225
BHPian

There was a panic moment for me during Chennai deluge. Raje was parked in office covered car parking and there was no water around the parking lot.

Raje had to wade through knee deep water to get me to office on 2nd December. Raje was parked in the morning and was about to start home around 10pm. When I tried slotting the gear after starting the engine, I was not able to do it. Tried for 10 mins and still couldn't slot the gear and panic struck. Got out of the car and took a long breath. Now tried slotting without starting the engine and was able to slot in all gear positions. Tried after starting the engine and the same problem - could not slot the gear. Switched off and slotted in 1st gear, started the engine in 1st gear position and Raje started moving slowly. Did not want to take chances and tried with first 3 gears and reverse gear when the engine was on. Yes, was able to slot gear comfortably. After I was satisfied completely, got out of office and reached home without any issues.

While parking in the morning, Raje was left in neutral position without applying hand brake. From next day i parked with 1st gear slotted position and did not face this issue. Hand brake was never applied during parking. Was it due to not slotting in 1st gear while parking in wet weather conditions?

Expert views solicited.
Old 8th December 2015, 11:32   #5226
BHPian

Re: Unable to attach pics, will pm if interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post
There was a person on the facebook page for Renault duster India owners by the name of Amit who has had good reviews, I am also in the plan of purchasing the cladding from him. Attached are the pics he sent.
Hi

Maybe you missed attaching the pics. If you have his contact and the reference thread, please share.

Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 12:40   #5227
BHPian

Went to the Renault showroom @ J.P. Nagar Bangalore this weekend. Was surprised to see that the AWD model is 17 lacs OTR. After some reduction, the price comes to around 16.3/ 16.4 lacs. I was planning to purchase the car via my company's car lease program and teh upper limit for me is 16 lacs. Since the vehicle will be used largely in the city, and a few inter-city runs (Banglaore- Ooty, Bangalore- Goa etc.), the dealer suggested that I stick to 2WD.

The top most range 2WD in 110 PS is coming to around 16 lacs OTR, and I could get this down in the vicinity of 15 lacs- provided I buy in December. I am not interested in the mid-range versions, as I want cruise control for out-of-town drives.

I casually asked the dealer about the new Duster- and on expected lines, he mentioned that they do not have any news on its launch. He was very confident that the engine of the new duster would remain the same, and at best only the front grille and headlamp assembly would be different. He was not sure if the interiors would be refreshed. According to him, the new grille and headlamp assembly can be fitted as an OEM accessory, a few months after it is available, thought I doubt I would like to spend extra cash for that.

I am really in a dilemma as I do not know if I should simply go ahead, and save some money by buying it at year end, or wait for the new Duster or other compact SUVs @AutoIndia. I do see some speculation of other launches- like the compact Grand Vitara, but not sure if the 1.3L engine will do justice to the final product.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 8th December 2015, 13:49   #5228
Distinguished - BHPian

Wait a couple of months. Just in case you don't like the looks of the old Duster, Renault gave 2 lakhs of the AWD in February 2014.

May as well wait :-)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 13:56   #5229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Wait a couple of months. Just in case you don't like the looks of the old Duster, Renault gave 2 lakhs of the AWD in February 2014.

May as well wait :-)
Thanks. Folks in office too are saying to wait atleast till AutoIndia, especially as I do not change my cars frequently.

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 9th December 2015, 12:55   #5230
BHPian

No doubt, Renault Duster is an awesome car. It has got DNA of SUVs and rugged looks. I shortlisted Duster during my evaluation and did a test drive as well, pretty impressed, but finally ended up with Nissan Terrano just for looks.

I would say a facelift is badly needed for Duster now as competition is growing.

My Terrano Ownership Review: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3852643
Old 9th December 2015, 22:19   #5231
Rai
BANNED

Hello,

I am in the process of buying Duster RxL (O) Nav in Bangalore (whitefield)and after discount, I my OTR price is around 13.50 Lakhs.

I was working on the Accessories and I was thinking of the following. Need your comments.

1. Silver color Skid plates (front & back) -
2. Front guard with lights (is this required? Does it look good?)
3. Undercoating - was planning to get it done at 3M.
4. Headlight bulb change

Any comments?
Old 14th December 2015, 18:45   #5232
BHPian

Guys facing a problem since afternoon. Suddenly while driving the doors unlocked and the door ajar sign came on. I have checked every door multiple times they all have shut perfectly, seems to be a sensor issue. The problem is am unable to lock the doors because of this, also o have door leds installed and they are on all the time, I'm fearing they will drain the battery dry! Authorized service center is 200 kms away. Anyone else encountered this?any quick fix possible?TIA
Old 15th December 2015, 11:32   #5233
BHPian

Anybody using higher watt headlight bulbs in Duster, esp latest models? Also mention the year of manufacture.

An instance of melting the HL reflector is reported on a 2014 model. Posting some pics, not sure he is a member here. Anyways better not try in latest models.

Renault Duster : Official Review-img20151215wa00002.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img20151215wa00011.jpg

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 15th December 2015 at 11:33.
Old 15th December 2015, 21:51   #5234
BHPian

Any word on today's supreme court decision about diesel engine cars with more than 2000 CC engine probably being banned from Delhi? I am confused if this is also going to effect diesel dusters or not? sorry I can't figure out how many cc engines duster has!

Thanks!
Old 15th December 2015, 22:11   #5235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant View Post
I am confused if this is also going to effect diesel dusters or not? sorry I can't figure out how many cc engines duster has!
Duster Engine is 1.5L (1.461 to be precise). Its way below 2L mark!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed