Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 14:35   #5266
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Looks like the Fuel Gauge on my Duster AWD has gone for a toss. Tanked up full at Shell but its showing only two bars. Resetting the ODO didn't help. Anyone faced similar issue?
Old 6th January 2016, 14:46   #5267
BANNED

Did you filled Diesel while Key was in Ignition. Then you need to remove the Key and wait for some time and then reinsert key.
micrographics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 19:13   #5268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Looks like the Fuel Gauge on my Duster AWD has gone for a toss. Tanked up full at Shell but its showing only two bars. Resetting the ODO didn't help. Anyone faced similar issue?
Nothing to worry. Happened once in my Lodgy and I tried re-starting it but it still showed 2 bars. Later, reached my place and parked for the night. The next morning, viola, all the bars displayed. Never happened again.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 19:39   #5269
BHPian

Quote:
I am having the same problem with my Duster AWD. Its fuel tank was running on empty when it was filled to full tank, but it showed only a couple of bars on the display. A week or so later, it has got better but it is still a couple of bars short. The tank fills up only to Rs. 1,500 or so. According to the Indian Oil pump we frequent, there may be an airlock but I haven't a clue whether they meant the tank or the fuel system. Based on whatever information I could comprehend online, an airlock in a diesel engine's fuel system is a major problem that affects the engine and requires extensive work to remove the air bubbles from the fuel system.

On our vacation recently mostly in 6th gear, I noticed that the fuel consumption indicator only went up from an already low 12.6 kmpl to a paltry 12.9 kmpl on the return trip, nothing like the 18 kmpl we got last time. I am fairly certain this is reasonably accurate as I spent around Rs. 2,000 more on this trip compared to similar ones we have done in the past.

I am worried what harm our 1,000 km trip may have done to the engine if indeed there is an airlock in the fuel system. I am going to call up Renault tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.
nowwhat? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 22:04   #5270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Did you filled Diesel while Key was in Ignition. Then you need to remove the Key and wait for some time and then reinsert key.
Yes, the ignition was on. Will have to be careful next time I re-fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Nothing to worry. Happened once in my Lodgy and I tried re-starting it but it still showed 2 bars. Later, reached my place and parked for the night. The next morning, viola, all the bars displayed. Never happened again.
Unfortunately the issue still persists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I am having the same problem with my Duster AWD. Its fuel tank was running on empty when it was filled to full tank, but it showed only a couple of bars on the display. A week or so later, it has got better but it is still a couple of bars short. The tank fills up only to Rs. 1,500 or so. According to the Indian Oil pump we frequent, there may be an airlock but I haven't a clue whether they meant the tank or the fuel system. Based on whatever information I could comprehend online, an airlock in a diesel engine's fuel system is a major problem that affects the engine and requires extensive work to remove the air bubbles from the fuel system.

On our vacation recently mostly in 6th gear, I noticed that the fuel consumption indicator only went up from an already low 12.6 kmpl to a paltry 12.9 kmpl on the return trip, nothing like the 18 kmpl we got last time. I am fairly certain this is reasonably accurate as I spent around Rs. 2,000 more on this trip compared to similar ones we have done in the past.

I am worried what harm our 1,000 km trip may have done to the engine if indeed there is an airlock in the fuel system. I am going to call up Renault tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.
Thanks for the info.

Looks like I will have to take the Dusty to service centre and get this fixed.
Old 8th January 2016, 09:53   #5271
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Looks like I will have to take the Dusty to service centre and get this fixed.
I called up Renault yesterday and the CSR mentioned that off-hand they are not aware if this problem. They requested me to take the Duster to the service center.

I then called up Renault Silk Board, but could only get an appointment for next week. Their Service Manager, Guru, says that he hasn't come across this problem either.

Let me know what you find at your service center. BTW, How is your fuel consumption?
Old 8th January 2016, 11:04   #5272
BHPian

Quote:
I called up Renault yesterday and the CSR mentioned that off-hand they are not aware if this problem. They requested me to take the Duster to the service center.

I then called up Renault Silk Board, but could only get an appointment for next week. Their Service Manager, Guru, says that he hasn't come across this problem either.

Let me know what you find at your service center. BTW, How is your fuel consumption?
Havent noticed any changes to the fuel consumption.
Its usually in the range of 15-17 depending on the driving condition.
Old 8th January 2016, 11:22   #5273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Blackened front grill ,instead of full black,I have kept a central strip of chrome.
Hi anilntny,

Does 3M store sell vinyl wrap or did you buy it from somewhere else. I was searching but was not able to find 3M vinyl wrap on any online store. I had gone to 3M car care to get chrome part(front grill) covered in matte black but they refused to do it, maybe due to less area and low cost.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 8th January 2016 at 11:23.
Old 11th January 2016, 10:38   #5274
BHPian

Quote:

Let me know what you find at your service center
Visited the service centre over the weekend. As per the SA, the issue was with internal wiring which was promptly fixed. I had few Gang of Duster vouchers so got the car thoroughly cleaned. Overall, happy with the job.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 16:56   #5275
BHPian

Hi Team

I am coming back to this forum after a long break. What brings me here is a query on the tyre replacement. I have done 47000 on stock tyres and am looking at options to replace this.

I definitely want to move away from MRF wanderers (this is what i had from OEM) and go for something which gives better life. While the MRF was super on ride comfort, it did have an issue of noise above 100 Km/h.

I am sure most of the original Duster buyers gang (i bought mine in Sept'2012) would have gone for tyre replacement already, so any inputs on what they chose and why would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Rohit
Old 12th January 2016, 17:35   #5276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
I definitely want to move away from MRF wanderers (this is what i had from OEM) and go for something which gives better life. While the MRF was super on ride comfort, it did have an issue of noise above 100 Km/h.
For the price, MRF is the best bet. You cannot get some thing which is better on noise (means softer rubber) and which has more life. Both seem inverse to each other.

For better ride and low noise, the best option is Micheline Latitude HT. Thats what I got for mine after 55K. I am nearing 63K now. Awesome performance. But dont expect life to hold like MRF. They should age faster, given they are softer.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 09:59   #5277
BHPian

^^ to add: they are super expensive too when compared to the MRFs..
@ampere: Have you faced more punctures in the soft Michelins?
Old 13th January 2016, 10:22   #5278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi anilntny,

Does 3M store sell vinyl wrap or did you buy it from somewhere else. I was searching but was not able to find 3M vinyl wrap on any online store. I had gone to 3M car care to get chrome part(front grill) covered in matte black but they refused to do it, maybe due to less area and low cost.

Regards.
I bought it from the 3M car care outlet, Kochi and did the wrapping myself.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 21:18   #5279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Very tastefully modified Esu Junior. Looks clean & great.

Few questions :

1. What did you use for black chrome coating of grill ?

2. Does the 235/60 Marauder foul with the wheel well ? Any further modifications to accommodate it ?

Regards,

Pawan
Hi pawan,
I'm not sure of what they have used for black chrome coating.It can only be done on chrome and not on fibre parts.Regarding Maxxis tyres(235/60/16) no modifications done and no fouling with wheel well.But noise is on the higher side.
Old 14th January 2016, 21:29   #5280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^^ to add: they are super expensive too when compared to the MRFs..
Costlier yes. But Not that costly I guess. At most 1.5K or so over on top per tyre.
Quote:
@ampere: Have you faced more punctures in the soft Michelins?
Nothing as of yet. Brilliant for regular highways. But yes, they are not all terrain tyres. So expect them to wear out faster as compared to MRF.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks