Old 8th May 2017, 11:08   #5596
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
10-12k includes timing belt change?
My tyres might require change at 140k km
On the clutch part, is a big one
Brake pads need replacement at 100k itself so that's fine I guess.
Thanks for the info, I'll stager the changes to better absorb the service bill shock. But the main thing I need to visit the service center is for the timing belt change rest all i can trust my fng to get done...
Timing belt and accessory belt (approx. 7.5 K for each inclusive of labor) replacement are the major regular expense for 1,20,000 km service. Regular service will set you back by Rs 20K plus.

Add other expected wear and tear items (Clutch, Brake Pads, Discs etc.), and that becomes your projected service cost.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 8th May 2017 at 11:11.
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 11:37   #5597
BHPian

Duster with no airbags Indian version scored 0 star in Global NCAP on cars under its 'Safer Cars for India' campaign for 2017. More details:

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/renault...3-stars-airbag
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...st-404874.aspx
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 22:47   #5598
BHPian

Duster 85 ps- doubts after service

Hi everyone,
Our Renault Duster 85ps is five months old. Since it shares the porch with another car, the odometer has reached just 3000 Km.

Last month, our car was involved in a minor accident. No one was hurt. The car's front right side was hit. The front bumper, right fender, and the hood, all suffered damages. Apart from these, some suspension components also were damaged. I will post a detailed report of my experience with Renault service after the incident later. It was today, after more than a month, that the car was ready for delivery. I went for a test drive, and found some problems with the paint job. So the delivery has again been delayed by two days. The car seems fine. However, after the test drive, I have the following doubts. I hope you can help me solve them, so that I can make one more informed test drive before taking the delivery.

1. After I took the test drive, I opened the hood. I found the AC hoses covered by droplets of water. A small pool of water was lying just beneath the hose. I asked the SA about it. He said it was due to condensation. But will there be so much water condensation normally, after a drive which lasted about 10 minutes? The AC was in normal settings for the whole drive.

2. After the accident, as I mentioned earlier, appreciable damage occured around and inside the right wheel well. Even the alloy wheel was scratched. However, the tire looked fine. I asked the SA multiple times to check the tire for any damages. Everytime he said that the tire is fine. On visual inspection, it looks so indeed. But Iam worried whether there are any hidden damages to the tire. So should I ask him to change it anyway?

3. At the time of the incident, the airbags didn't deploy. It is understandable since the impact was primarily concentrated on the right side fender. However I asked the SA, just to confirm. He said that the airbag will deploy only if the engine gets displaced. Is this true?

4. During my test drive, I found that the horns were not working as they used to. Now they produce a different sound. These horns were fitted from the service center itself, as a replacement for the stock horns when the car was bought. The SA said that one of the horns also suffered damage during the crash. But he didn't tell me why they didn't do anything about it. My concern is this: Will the horns cause any damage to any circuit, if allowed to continue in this manner? The SA said no, but I want to confirm.

5. Lastly, I would like to clear a doubt that I have since when we bought the car. When I remove the key with the parking lights switched on, a warning sound is heard. It is nifty, in case we forget to switch off the lights and tries to leave the car. However, I found that even when I remove the key, get out of the car and shut the doors, this sound continues to be heard, if the lights are still on. So, if I put my parking lights on for an hour or two, will the warning sound also be sounded for all this time?

Hoping for answers,
Regards,
Vishid
Vishid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 22:56   #5599
Team-BHP Support

Re: Duster 85 ps- doubts after service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishid View Post
1. After I took the test drive, I opened the hood. I found the AC hoses covered by droplets of water.

2. So should I ask him to change it anyway?

3. He said that the airbag will deploy only if the engine gets displaced. Is this true?

4. My concern is this: Will the horns cause any damage to any circuit, if allowed to continue in this manner? The SA said no, but I want to confirm.

5. So, if I put my parking lights on for an hour or two, will the warning sound also be sounded for all this time?
1- Normal especially when the weather is humid.

2- If the tyre is not damaged visually and leaking air, insurance wouldn't cover it. Peace of mind perspective, you can use the spare tyre instead or replace at your cost.

3- True needs a good frontal impact for airbags to deploy, engine displacing part no sure. Might depend on the design.

4- Not really, see if they can be tuned (adjust the screws for contact), worst case replace them.

5- Should mute once the doors are locked, you can check by sitting inside and using remote locking to lock the doors.
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 11:12   #5600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
1- Normal especially when the weather is humid.
=====
5- Should mute once the doors are locked, you can check by sitting inside and using remote locking to lock the doors.
Thank you very much

I am not sure whether the horns can be tuned. The SA is reluctant to do anything about the horns. But if they won't cause any problems, I think I can adjust with the new sound.
Old 26th May 2017, 07:52   #5601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishid View Post
So, if I put my parking lights on for an hour or two, will the warning sound also be sounded for all
The buzzer sounds only if you open the driver side door. Once you close it, it shuts off
mh09ad5578 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 17:04   #5602
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Point worth mentioning regarding repair and insurance costs for the Duster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just to bring to your notice. The insurance premium for the 3rd year for my June 2015 AWD is going through the roof. I have a Zero Dep. plan from Barti AXAand have 0% no claim bonus (claimed insurance last year to change RR door).

The quoted amount is INR 51,000/- which is a cheaper option than the dealer quotation.
Reasons:
-Zero Dep premium increases every year
-Third Party coverage premium increased by INR 3,500/-
-Company offered discounts are down to 30% from earlier upto 50%
-I had 0% No-Claim Bonus

The agent is giving me a discount of about 2,000/- from her margin on the quoted INR 51,000/-

Special Notice
Zero dep. coverage renewal was a tough bargain this time as the company was not approving it at all for my car.
I was also told that Duster is notorious for high repair costs and many companies like TataAIG etc. have stopped providing coverage for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Its expensive to own a Duster.

I feel jealous of XUV, Creta and even Fortuner owners since their regular service costs and costs for replacement of wear and tear parts are always lower than Renault for their Duster. Wonder what level of localization its being manufactured at?
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 18:47   #5603
BHPian

So managed to source the front brake pads locally, priced only Rs1100/- a set! extremely VFM. Though they are still running in the bite feels just like original pads not bad. The dealer just told me to replace to 10k kms before what the original lasted. That would still be 40k kms for me great deal i would say. The originals if i recall costed around Rs 3.5k+labour a set=4.5k odd.

Also got this diesel filter cartridge type for only Rs1250/- thought he box says genuine Renault but no other details, but the quality is good better than the ones i previously sourced which cost more that Rs1750/-. The dealer and my FNG mechanic say that the diesel filter can be changed every alternate service and not every service. He even showed me the older one and said there was not dirt in it at all. Is this a right procedure? as i have changed the diesel filter for every service till date.

Rotors good for another 40k kms as told by the FNG. Also changed the cabin filter, i had sourced this from partsbigboss.in for Rs450/-

Total labour charged for this was Rs500/- along with the previous oil change the total bill for the service was just Rs 4700/- for the 90K kms service. The car is already now at 98k kms. Finally i am not feeling the pinch of owning a duster!Guess my face and wallet both have a grin for owning a capable vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-team-02.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-team-03.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-team-04.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-team-05.jpg  

mh09ad5578 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 19:34   #5604
BHPian

Hello friends, my friend owns a Duster 2015 RXZ, the car is generally very low mileage as he uses other vehicles, it has covered 9400kms approx till now, yesterday all of a sudden a Red warning signal appeared on the dash board, for which I have attached the picture here, they have sent the car to the service Centre after calling roadside assistance, but they can't identify the problem yet. Can anyone here throw some light on what might be the issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img20170627wa0008.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20170627_193326.jpg  

Old 27th June 2017, 19:57   #5605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
....a Duster 2015 RXZ, the car is generally very low mileage as he uses other vehicles, it has covered 9400kms approx till now, yesterday all of a sudden a Red warning signal appeared on the dash board, for which I have attached the picture here, they have sent the car to the service Centre after calling roadside assistance, but they can't identify the problem yet.
Those lights indicate an issue that involves electronics (sensors) and engine.
My Duster 2015 RxZ 110 showed these lights twice in recent months.
The first time it was fuel injector failure, which is a common issue with 110 Ps. I got the faulty injector replaced under warranty.
The second time these lights came up, it was because a rodent chewed off 4 inches of wires linked to the sensors.

The first one is easier to detect/confirm by the Renault diagnostics, especially if the vehicle is experiencing power loss and/or increased engine vibrations. The second one (electrical fault) can take
longer to pin point.

This is not to mean there cannot be other causes, but to help narrow down.
subuiyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 13:13   #5606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subuiyer View Post
Those lights indicate an issue that involves electronics (sensors) and engine.
My Duster 2015 RxZ 110 showed these lights twice in recent months.
The first time it was fuel injector failure, which is a common issue with 110 Ps. I got the faulty injector replaced under warranty.
The second time these lights came up, it was because a rodent chewed off 4 inches of wires linked to the sensors.
Thank you, we hope ours to get diagnosed soon, we are yet to hear from the service centre, already 3 days have passed and everyone is growing impatient now.
Old 29th June 2017, 16:58   #5607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends, my friend owns a Duster 2015 RXZ, the car is generally very low mileage as he uses other vehicles, it has covered 9400kms approx till now, yesterday all of a sudden a Red warning signal appeared on the dash board, for which I have attached the picture here, they have sent the car to the service Centre after calling roadside assistance, but they can't identify the problem yet. Can anyone here throw some light on what might be the issue?
As someone else mentioned, that light mostly indicates fuel injector related problems. I've had that light come up in my Lodgy and the service centre couldn't deduce it. I've spent countless hours on the net and found out that the light (specific for Renault) is related to fuel injector problem/common rail pressure sensor error/fuel pump issue. Unfortunately, my Lodgy was never rectified and I had a peculiar problem (details in a separate thread if interested) until I sold it off.

How is the car to drive? Any stuttering or lack of power? I had those issues too.
Old 29th June 2017, 17:02   #5608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post

How is the car to drive? Any stuttering or lack of power? I had those issues too.
Yes here is notable vibrations, I did not drive it but was nearby and could easily hear an unusual vibration noise. It would be nice if you could paste the link to the other thread you were telling about.
Old 29th June 2017, 17:09   #5609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes here is notable vibrations, I did not drive it but was nearby and could easily hear an unusual vibration noise. It would be nice if you could paste the link to the other thread you were telling about.
This is my i20 ownership review thread. I've shared a wee bit about the problems I faced with the Lodgy. Unfortunately, I had no solution to it. Anyway, here you go: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-i20-crdi.html
Old 3rd July 2017, 14:44   #5610
BHPian

Quote:
Also have a look at this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tor-issue.html

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpusher View Post
I bought my Duster 110 PS in December 2012 basically after being convinced by this review & the outstanding ownership threads.
Hi @penpusher. Have you faced the injector problem later again till date?

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2017 at 17:13. Reason: back to back posts merged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks