Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 16:25   #5686
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
We had plans of a four day drive to Hampi from Trivandrum, but our Duster AWD had other plans. The Duster and us parted company in Renault Salem. Here is the story at this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-50.html
I understand your condition SajiNSalin. We faced an injector failure as well while returning from our last trip to Sikkim. Injector failure have become quite common in pre 2016 110PS Dusters. As per my sources, the fuel filter from 2016 onwards has been changed to take care of this issue. I am not sure how helpful that would be though.

Our ordeal mentioned here

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 17:00   #5687
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience with failure of a Diesel injector. Renault Salem has replaced injectors 1 and 4 under warranty and I am going to Salem to collect the vehicle. In my case the engine malfunction light did not light up only the other two. I have noted the new diesel filter may reduce the problem. I have a Sept 2015 Duster which I purchased in Dec 2015. Has Renault changed any other components related to the injectors from 2016?
Old 13th October 2017, 12:31   #5688

Hi All,

I have 2013 85PS RXL (O) Model. Although i have upgraded the speakers to Hertz Component and rear ones with Pioneer Co-Axial. All the music played via USB/BT/Cable plays perfectly fine based on the input quality. However my radio has never been perfectly audible i had always experienced poor audio output.

Is there any way to fix this????

I use stock LG Media-NAV version 4.0.6.
Old 14th October 2017, 10:28   #5689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
Hi All,

I have 2013 85PS RXL (O) Model. My radio has never been perfectly audible i had always experienced poor audio output.

I use stock LG Media-NAV version 4.0.6.
Maybe a faulty antenna, if possible you can do it yourself by first checking the antenna wires and then the head unit.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 12:54   #5690
BHPian

Anyone who has bought the adventure kit? Includes - Front bull guard, Door cladding, Wheel arch cladding.
  1. Is it worth it?
  2. What is the best negotiated price for the kit?
Old 17th October 2017, 22:12   #5691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Now I understand your question.

The first time, the brakes failed completely. The second time there was some braking - about 2mm. The Renault mechanic drove the car, slowly, from home to the ASC.

Renault seems to have closed the case - no calls or mails. I have sent them the link to my first report on the brake failure in this thread.

This lackadaisical attitude is what gets to me.
From your description, the issue seems to be wrt the master or slave cylinder, also check the amount of air bubbles in the brake lines. Both the brake and clutch lines are inter related and use the same fluid too.

BTW, changing the brake pads thrice in 75K kms(plz correct me if I am wrong) is very abnormal. My first change was at 40k service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
I understand your condition SajiNSalin. We faced an injector failure as well while returning from our last trip to Sikkim. Injector failure have become quite common in pre 2016 110PS Dusters. As per my sources, the fuel filter from 2016 onwards has been changed to take care of this issue. I am not sure how helpful that would be though.

Our ordeal mentioned here

Regards,

Pawan
The issue is not limited to Gen1 dusters, rather any duster that uses piezo injector. The injector tip is getting damaged due to the disintegrated piezo crystals and the reason is the fuel quality. The only solution is to stick to the COCO or LOA or pvt bunks like Shell to get a lesser adulterated fuel. Two times the fuel filters were changed after Gen1 wrt this issue, but the quality of the fuel is prime imp. Not only with Duster, its common in other cars too like vw, maruti etc

- Sajith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post

Who are the suppliers of brake components to Renault India? A new component manufacturer? Because even in cars deemed unreliable by reputation, brake failure does not come up.

Regards
Sutripta
All assembly parts are from TRW
Pads are either Galfer (Gen1) or TRW

- Sajith

Last edited by GTO : 22nd October 2017 at 22:18. Reason: As per PM - do NOT link to that website
::CMS:: is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 20:58   #5692
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Any thoughts on the total brake failure (because of a faulty wheel cylinder) experienced by Sridhu?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:12   #5693
BHPian

Any idea why the dash clock time would change when I had not given for any servicing recently? Anything I need to be checking? The model RxZ 110 PS Diesel. Thanks n cheers
Old 22nd October 2017, 11:27   #5694
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Blue Tooth Update

Just wanted to share this information for other duster owners having problem with blue tooth clarity in the OE system.

I coudln't use my OE blue tooth as the mic was inaudible to the person on the other end. It was so bad, that I stopped using my OE blue tooth and started using ear phones. In my 40K service, I complained and they applied some patch to the system which made it much better and I am finally able to use my OE blue tooth.
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 06:37   #5695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Any idea why the dash clock time would change when I had not given for any servicing recently? Anything I need to be checking? The model RxZ 110 PS Diesel. Thanks n cheers

Pl check your battery. I too had the same issue and it was due to weak battery. Got it changed and the problem got rectified.
Old 23rd October 2017, 07:16   #5696
Team-BHP Support

Re: Blue Tooth Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
In my 40K service, I complained and they applied some patch to the system which made it much better and I am finally able to use my OE blue tooth.
I had the same problem which got fixed the same way. But I assume the newer lots will come default with updated Patch. It was quite some time back for me. (I think I posted about it. Dont remember when)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 07:46   #5697
Senior - BHPian

I have had the same problem and I have been complaining from the first day (3.5yrs and 75.5k km and counting).

To date, it has not been fixed. May be Bangalore ASCs do not have the patch?
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:20   #5698
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
To date, it has not been fixed. May be Bangalore ASCs do not have the patch?
They do have the patch. I got it fixed in Bangalore only. Please check with them and ask them to update your SW to the latest version. They should do it.
Old 28th October 2017, 19:57   #5699
BHPian

Completed 40k service of my Duster 85ps today.

Issues raised:
Difficulty in shifting from 1st to 2nd gear at times.
Faulty hazard switch
humming noise from rear wheel

Work done:
Replaced all oil and filters as per standard 40k service guidelines
Clutch bleeding to fix gear shift issue
Replaced rear left wheel bearing under extended warranty
Replaced hazard switch under warranty (this is second replacement)

Total cost: 8700/- (including labor & tax)

As per SA, the gear shift issue is a known problem and they will have to open the gear box if it is recurring. This will be done under warranty and car should be left with service centre for 3-4 days. I am hoping this will not be needed.
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 14:56   #5700
BHPian

I have had a couple of problems with my Duster.

First off, there is a difficulty (sometimes) in shifting from first to second gear. I am glad that DieselLover has mentioned in his post that this is a known issue. So, I will need to pay a visit to the service centre since my Duster is still under extended warranty.

Lately, the front windscreen washer is not throwing water on the screen. Infact, there is no water being sprayed on the front windscreen, while the rear screen washer works absolutely fine and the water spray works fine too. Would anyone have a clue as to what may be causing this unusual behaviour?

Last edited by rdhawan15 : 31st October 2017 at 14:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks