Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 19:32   #5851
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

What is up with Renault or is it a rogue showroom. NCR Motors - GGN.

1. I visited the showroom in the first week of June and told that delivery would take around ~35-40 days.
2. Since I wanted the car end of the first week July, I promptly booked on 6th June. On this day I was told, (after the card swipe) -- that the car would be delivered end of July. Since I was in an elated mood anyways, I let this pass. But the special occasion of getting it at end of the first week of July was diminished. (Booked green).
3. On the 20th of July I changed the color to Red. Was told that the delivery would now be end of July. So nothing much changed.
4. In July I was offered Orange. Refused. No ways.
5. On 11th of July was told via mail that allotment would be 20th of July, and delivery +10 days from that. Ok. Fine. I was still within July. Not bad.
6. Followed up today :- Red can only be available September. I lost it.
7. Orange is available tomorrow. What the heck.

And with prices going up in August (are they) 3%, there is no way (from anywhere) I can get a Duster at normal rates. When I booked almost 30 days ago. I feel like being made a fool, and will probably cancel the booking. Had even rented a second parking at my condo in anticipation for the new car, so it does not stay outside in the rains! All dreams shattered. Will never do business with Renault or this dealer again.
Old 23rd July 2018, 21:11   #5852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
What is up with Renault or is it a rogue showroom. NCR Motors - GGN.

2. Since I wanted the car end of the first week July, I promptly booked on 6th June. On this day I was told, (after the card swipe) -- that the car would be delivered end of July. Since I was in an elated mood anyways, I let this pass. But the special occasion of getting it at end of the first week of July was diminished. (Booked green).
3. On the 20th of July I changed the color to Red. Was told that the delivery would now be end of July. So nothing much changed.
Happened with me as well (in Bangalore). I too booked Green and was told it will be delivered on the date promised. But during the mid of the wait period I was told Red can delivered and the Green one would take 1 more month. Anyways I was okay with the Red so took the delivery.
Have mentioned this thing to Renault customer service as well, but nothing came as a response.
DBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 09:08   #5853
BHPian

Crossed an important milestone of my duster. In about 39 months. Must say loving every moment of it👍
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img20180727wa0293.jpg  

mh09ad5578 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 09:48   #5854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
Crossed an important milestone of my duster. In about 39 months. Must say loving every moment of it👍
Congratulations! Can you please share your experience on owning and driving so far? Primarily on Reliability and After Sales Service perspective.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 14:20   #5855
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats !

150 k in 39 months, pretty extraordinary. You must have made the Duster your second home all this while I believe. How has been your experience thus far, any major issues/problems ?
agt7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 15:42   #5856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
! Can you please share your experience on owning and driving so far? Primarily on Reliability and After Sales Service perspective.
My 85 ps duster has been pretty reliable(touch wood) never has broken down on road .I serviced the car for the first year with Renault asc, mostly bangalore and two services at Renault hubli. Till 60k km. My extended warranty was the reason for this. I found the service very mediocre and very costly(with my running this was every two odd months afterall). Every service ranged from 12k to15k and I thought all they did apart from the oil change was a bad vehicle wash. The 60k km service bill was the final straw at 35k. Swore I'd never visit them again
Since then the vehicle is serviced at the FNG, I'm lucky I've a competent mechanic . service bills are a reasonable 3.5k to 4k at most
Issues faced till date
- At 3k kms rats cut the diesel air out pump(cost 3.5k to fix, Renault was a pain to get only parts from).
-Noise from rear right shocker, though issue was from day one this was replaced free of cost at 40k km service after lot of arm twisting asc.
- Front right wheel fender lining changed at 35k kms for 2.8k rupees
- Front right shocker broke at 55k km was replaced at a cost of 7k odd at asc , warranty denied
- Water in fuel detected right after 60k km service after I drove down to my home town(I really think the asc sa was involved in the sabotage). Had to get all four injectors cleaned and overhauled, cost was approximately 16k
- Radiator fan stopped working at 80k kms,a loose connection was detected and treated with a zip tie solution, surprisingly has worked till date.
- At 120k km timing belt kit, accessories kit, fluid flush etc was done cost was 12k odd
- brake pads were changed at 50k kms for 6k at asc, 100k at fng for 1.3k
- Tyres changed first set at 70k , second at 136k, have stuck to mrf wanderers due to extreme vfm at about 30k a set
- Rear right fender was once painted for a minor brush up at fng for 3k
- Front left shocker, strut kit, both tie rods, anti roll bar bushes changed at 144k kms for 5.5k rupees, there was noise from it.

That's all the things I can remember. Immediate things on priority is clutch kit replacement, front rotors and brake pad replacement(Yep on stock clutch and rotors till date)

I can say I really started enjoying the car after shifting to my fng. Due to my work I and wife too drive it about 5k kms almost every month on both highways and very bad roads, the vehicle is abused like anything but it just says bring it on! So much so that I'm seriously thinking about getting a pre worshiped duster as my second car. Words of a fan boy? You bet.
Thanks.

Last edited by mh09ad5578 : 30th July 2018 at 15:49. Reason: Had left out an item
mh09ad5578 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 17:17   #5857
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can say I really started enjoying the car after shifting to my fng. Due to my work I and wife too drive it about 5k kms almost every month on both highways and very bad roads, the vehicle is abused like anything but it just says bring it on! So much so that I'm seriously thinking about getting a pre worshiped duster as my second car. Words of a fan boy? You bet.
Thanks.
Thanks for the brief on your ownership experience. I must say 90 % of Duster Owners resonate the same thought about higher cost of spares, low satisfaction from ASC due to varied reasons.

I think Renault never realized Duster's true potential in India. They thought of manufacturing it in India and selling most of the production in the EU. That's why most of the spares were never localized. For most of the items (even generic stuff like wiper blades) the spare part packaging says "made in France". It's only the rust issue that made them shift manufacturing to Turkey (if i'm not wrong..?).

The sloppy service at the ASC is also a culture thing at Renault/Nissan. Most of the times their service centers are shifting locations and are poorly staffed.

But the fan-boy in me also loves the Duster so much as to have two in the house already. 2012 2WD (1.30 Lac km) and 2015 AWD (0.72 Lac km).
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 16:05   #5858
BHPian

Quote:
15 Lac+ kms in just 39 months is just commendable and also very pleased to hear about the rather trouble free ownership of this Duster!

I am still in first few months with mine (85ps - RXS) but wanted to understand if I should shift to FNGs now or should wait for the extended warranty expires?

Many more miles (or say Kms ) to you!

Happy driving!
Old 31st July 2018, 17:11   #5859
BHPian

mh09ad5578, really to happy to hear about your experiences. The Duster is truly a wonderful vehicle, but the Renault support and high cost of spares does give moments of agony. It is great that you have found a reliable FNG. I have 48K on my Duster AWD in 2 years and 8 months of ownership. Had to deal with two faulty injectors and a clutch replacement. Had two breakdowns on the road, but in the last 10k km, the vehicle drives like a dream. It is a pity that Renault did not rectify the obvious deficiencies of this otherwise brilliant vehicle. It is sad to see the sales figures of Duster compared to the Creta. Why is Renault so blind and deaf to suggestions on improvement of the Duster? Can you share the address of the FNG? It would be good drive to Chitradurga if only for a service!
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 20:37   #5860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Can you share the address of the FNG? It would be good drive to Chitradurga if only for a service!
Thanks, I think that would be really tough logistically, I think your place is like one and a half day drive each way. Also the awd is I think technically more complex than a 2wd. Not to mention sourcing some parts like rear suspension or specialized awd parts aftermarket might be tough. I'll share my mechanics no on pm to you, your enthusiasm is commendable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeast View Post
15 Lac+ kms!
Thanks, er but it's 1.5 lakh kms not 15

Last edited by mh09ad5578 : 31st July 2018 at 20:38. Reason: Spell check
Old 1st August 2018, 15:52   #5861
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks, er but it's 1.5 lakh kms not 15
Missed the (.) ! And yes even 1.5 lakh kms is no less than commendable!
Old 8th August 2018, 20:23   #5862
BHPian

My DUster 85ps is nearing 4yrs of ownership (ODO 46400)now. I have been facing the gear shifting issue (1st to 2nd) for almost an year now. Gave the car for check up and repair @ Renault Kalamassery last week with following issues:
1. Difficulty in shifting 1st to 2nd gear at times. Especially when driving in heavy traffic with frequent gear shifts
2. Issue with wipers - Intermediate speed not working
3. Change in engine noise/less FE

Work Done:
THey have fixed the gear shifting issue under warranty. Wiper switch assembly is also replaced under warranty. Injectors were cleaned to fix #3.
Total cost: 2341/- which includes washing.
Detailed bill attached
Renault Duster : Official Review-p_20180804_200014.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-p_20180804_200038.jpg

Also replaced stock MRF with Michelin LTX force @ 8900 per tyre. As usual excellent service by DBS Kochi.
Renault Duster : Official Review-p_20180808_141654.jpg
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 18:56   #5863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
Thanks for the information @joe-ker. I would be going for the remap once the second service at 10k is completed.

Would get back to you for info if needed.
Thanks for the inputs, got my dusty remapped by Pete's last week. Have not taken it for a spin on the NHs but the huge difference in the way second gear behaves is something i really wanted and got.

Would be going on a small trip tomorrow, i am sure it would be fun to drive.

The number shared with me is 145bhp and 290-300 NM of torque.
psmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 08:15   #5864
BHPian

Nice to see a detailed count of your Duster experience. I also resonate similar experience and thoughts on the ASC service. Does anybody know of a good service centre is Pune outside the ASCs'. ?
Old 10th September 2018, 12:04   #5865
BHPian

Hello All,

I need your views on a query related to my Renault Duster RXL 85 PS.

A little background first.

I bought my Renault Duster in March 2013, it 85 PS RXL. It’s been more than five years and I am facing the same dilemma that every motor lover faces once the car is considerably old.
I am feeling the itch of changing the vehicle. there are absolutely no issues with the car, it has done 50K so far. Happy with practical aspects of the car, not very happy with highway performance ( mostly power) though, but I do not do many highway trips anyways. Another point to consider is that I am a very sedate driver, who does not feel comfortable driving beyond 100 KM/H even on a freeway.

Once my prof from IIM Indore mentioned that for a dilemma to arise you need to have at least two options. :-) Here are my options, tormenting me.

First , the option is to sell the Duster, use the proceeds as seed money , take loan and buy another vehicle. (XUV, JEEP Compass are the only two I can think of given the budget)

Second option is to make this car attractive by spending on some feel-good additions such as Touch screen, new seat cover, tires obviously need a change, foot mat etc., and rekindle my love for the vehicle 😊

In first option, I will be spending close to 15-18 Lac INR, while in the second option, I will spend close to 1 Lac INR and will be able to postpone the 'Buy' decision by 2-3 years.

As you can gather by the way I put the options above, I am already inclined towards the option Two, but my concerns are following: -

1.High cost of maintenance with ageing vehicle
2.Reliability of vehicle on occasional highway trips
3.Bad resale after 3 years

Do advice please!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks