Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd April 2019, 12:11   #5956
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Hey guys

My 2013 Duster's air con control knob that controls the air flow to the various vents stopped working. Dealer wants Rs 5,000 to replace the entire unit.
Any suggestions on what i should try/do first?

Thanks in Advance
Is it jammed or broken? If not used regularly, it usually gets jammed. I had faced similar issue. A bit of extra pressure and it started working.
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:29   #5957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Hey guys

My 2013 Duster's air con control knob that controls the air flow to the various vents stopped working. Dealer wants Rs 5,000 to replace the entire unit.
Any suggestions on what i should try/do first?

Thanks in Advance
available for 300Rs on ali , you may need to select the exact model.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-PC...AbTest=ae803_4
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2019, 12:12   #5958
BHPian

I got my 5th year service completed yesterday at Renault Mayapuri workshop in Delhi. Total bill was Rs. 14,355 including Rs. 1800 for windscreen water bottle replacement. This is after the workshop gave me a 15% discount on labour charges.

- EGR valve cleaning costed Rs. 1680
- Rear brake checks costed Rs. 600
- AC Vents cleaning costed Rs. 1200
- Synthetic oil close to Rs. 4500

I was advised:

- That my front shockers are leaking and both need to be replaced. I am guessing it could be the case of the strut leaking. Anyways, they wanted Rs. 11,000 for replacement and I asked them politely to leave that. I was advised about the same last year and I did not opt for replacement. So, I am not sure if the workshops are trying to make some fast buck or what? No noticeable ride discomforts noticed during the entire year.

- Was told that my AC knobs have hardended and would take Rs. 7,200 to replace them all. Passed their suggestions once again.

- Was asked to replace tyres. Odo reads 31800 kms and tyres seem good to go for at least 5,000 Kms if not 10,000 Kms. The dealer pitched for Goodyear tyres at Rs. 7,800 a piece.

The reason behind writing this long post is to share a few concerns that I have.

- One of the Renault workshops closed last year in Delhi. It appears that getting Renault vehicles serviced in Delhi from authorised workshops is becoming more difficult. There was no customer feedback form offered by the workshop, unlike on previous service occasions. I had to wait for close to an hour before I got the vehicle. Was advised to pick the vehicle at 1830, and got the same at 2000.

- It is clear that the service workshops try hard to get the customer to spend on non-essential items and even try to spend on things that are not required. In my case, the clear case was of shocks, AC knobs and tyres. I mean, what sort of service standards are being maintained by Renault at its workshops? Have they left everything at the discretion of the service workshops?

Lastly, I think this was my last visit to an authorized workshop of Renault. Somehow, the service workshops do not inspire the required confidence with Renault anymore.

Is anyone aware of a good FNG in West Delhi?
rdhawan15 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2019, 14:58   #5959

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
I got my 5th year service completed yesterday at Renault Mayapuri workshop in Delhi. Total bill was Rs. 14,355 including Rs. 1800 for windscreen water bottle replacement. This is after the workshop gave me a 15% discount on labour charges.
I think leakage of shock absorbers is a common problem as service guy insisted on changing mine too but as you said I declined too as I didn't find any change in ride quality.

Looking at all the new SUVs hitting the market, I am also getting concerned about service part. But the silver lining is that Renault Kwid has been able to take good market and hope it would help keep the workshops going.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th April 2019 at 15:39. Reason: Quoting a large post hampers readability.
Phukan is offline   Reply With Quote