Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2021, 12:13   #6166
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

After a rather expensive service last year with the starter motor replacements and even general service with the Renault service for that matter, I am looking out for options outside. In this context I find some interesting options come up by tech startups, as I assume. These are Pitstop and Geo Mechanic. the apps and their interfaces are obviously cool, moreover, they seem to have pretty good reviews. Does anyone have an experience around these?
Old 9th August 2021, 12:40   #6167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
In this context I find some interesting options come up by tech startups, as I assume. These are Pitstop and Geo Mechanic. the apps and their interfaces are obviously cool, moreover, they seem to have pretty good reviews. Does anyone have an experience around these?
These existing threads might interest you:

To each his own, but for me all these guys do is just aggregate the service providers in your area and either take additional money from the customer (by not providing any real value) or eat into the already thin margins that most local garages would operate at (which forces these guys on the ground to compromise on the quality of work on your car).

Also, it's not like this is Zomato where poor quality of the service/product would end with a customer spending a day warming the toilet seat but rather affect the condition of your bike/car for the long run.

Just take a look at the Team Bhp Directory for your location and see if you can spot any decent garages with consistent good reviews. At least, that is what I would do.

Even then, personally, I would stay with the vehicle to ensure that everything is done to my satisfaction.
Old 29th August 2021, 12:26   #6168
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster 1.3L Turbo Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFanatic View Post
Guys where do we have the engine no. embossed in Duster? I could easily locate the chassis number but struggling to find the engine no., especially if someone could share details for Duster diesel 85ps model.
It's not legible but you can find it embossed in the engine bay in the driver side near the windshield side (I mean not to bumper direction but opposite to that.

A quick Google search can help you with pictorial description as well. I checked a pre-worshipped Duster 110 RxZ yesterday and we fiddled for sometime before spotting it there.
Old 3rd September 2021, 15:50   #6169
BHPian

Just want to update all how good price Duster commands in used car space.
I sold my 2013 RXL 85PS duster recently , was quite happy with the price that was offered. I Bought duster for 11.71 L , sold for 5.25 , after 8 years and 75000 KM on odometer.
car FANATICUS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:02   #6170
BHPian

Folks, just re-posting here in official review thread before taking the plunge - please help out.

MY - Oct-2018
Reg- Feb 2019
Odo- 32k KM,
110PS RxZ Duster
Owners quote - 10.2L (Service history is immaculate except bumper change and tail light swap)

OBV - 7.8L to 8.3L | CarDekho 9.3L to 10.2L | IDV portal - 8.5L

Bengaluru roads has left me with no option but Duster. So its decided - just want opinion of the above quote I've got.
Old 4th October 2021, 10:25   #6171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
Folks, just re-posting here in official review thread before taking the plunge - please help out.

MY - Oct-2018
Reg- Feb 2019
Odo- 32k KM,
110PS RxZ Duster
Owners quote - 10.2L (Service history is immaculate except bumper change and tail light swap)

Bengaluru roads has left me with no option but Duster. So its decided - just want opinion of the above quote I've got.
Price seems fine, see if you can drag it close to 9.5.
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 12:40   #6172
BHPian

Quote:

MY - Oct-2018
Reg- Feb 2019
Odo- 32k KM,
110PS RxZ Duster

Congratulations

Now for the price, try to negotiate from the insurance IDV value (8.5 laksh) and then increase your offer slowly. Keep 9.3 to 9.5 lakhs as tops. Considering this is 110 PS which is notorious for Injector failures.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 14:56   #6173
BHPian

The gentleman was pre-decided or had an offer I believe - he wasn't coming below 10.2. I played all the negotiation tricks I had learnt. So had to let go of this one. Some pre-worshipped Duster is waiting for me I believe

Will stick to similar approach and close a deal sooner or later. Duster here I come baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Price seems fine, see if you can drag it close to 9.5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Congratulations

Now for the price, try to negotiate from the insurance IDV value (8.5 laksh) and then increase your offer slowly. Keep 9.3 to 9.5 lakhs as tops. Considering this is 110 PS which is notorious for Injector failures.
Thanks for quick help - I started from the figures you both suggested and went all the way up and up - there was no reduction from the seller side.

Yes - I was considering injector issues, upcoming 40k service, insurance renewal et al.
Ritz2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 17:13   #6174
BHPian

Quote:

MY - Oct-2018
Reg- Feb 2019
Odo- 32k KM,
110PS RxZ Duster

The price seems high for Duster which is almost phased out. The diesel variant was discontinued months back. I dont see the Duster along with other Renault cars in their new ads.

I hope you have chalked out other options too. No doubt the suspension soaks the rough patches smoothly and the next vehicle I felt same was in Compass.
But the steering and clutch are on harder side.
gargville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 01:01   #6175
sbm
BHPian

Hi guys

I need you opinion on one thing. Does it make sense to buy Duster turbo petrol at this point of time?(if one is ready to neglect the stone age interiors).It's available at a steep discount and provides the pleasure of a 1.3 turbo charged engine at the price point (under 15 lacs) where only NA engines are available in Creta/Seltos.

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2021 at 08:50. Reason: Formatted
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 15:57   #6176
BHPian

Re-posting here for more visibility.

10k km run 2020 MY 1.3 RXZ Duster CVT is available from a second owner. Whilst the car looks good, service history also has no issues I'm bothered about taking it as third owner for somewhere between 12L to 13L. Being third owner at car's 12th month is botheration. Please advice.

From the test drive everything appeared okay except for brake pedal squeak when pressing and de-pressing.

Few queries to existing 1.3 Turbo owners,

1) First owner sold off at 3k km due to heavy steering. Is steering heavy in Duster ?

2) Someone mentioned AT without slots cut-out are such a pain. It doesn't make the AT driving as intuitive as its supposed to be. Owners please comment.

3) Is Turbo Petrol not good for short run abouts ?

4) Spare tyre mounted outside under the trunk, 110ps diesel models had them inside. Can some owner please clarify ?

5) Trunk door don't have provision to insert fingers and pull them up. Also missing is the soft buttons in those provision to unlock. 1.3T CVT has the keyhole doubling up as push button (like premier padmini)

Any thing in particular to be taken care or anything to watch out in this deal, especially being CVT - please do advice.
Old 16th November 2021, 09:29   #6177
BHPian

Quote:
Re-posting here for more visibility.

10k km run 2020 MY 1.3 RXZ....
4) Spare tyre mounted outside under the trunk, 110ps diesel models had them inside. Can some owner please clarify ?

5) Trunk door don't have provision to insert fingers and pull them up. Also missing is the soft buttons in those provision to unlock. 1.3T CVT has the keyhole doubling up as push button (like premier padmini)
I own a diesel AWD Duster.
Steering in dusters is on heavier side but not uncomfortable or deal breaker.

4) Spare tyre has always been outside under the trunk. Only the AWD models had spare wheel as the rear differential is placed where the spare is positioned in other FWD models . The AWDs had marginally less boot space because of this arrangement and a bit more ground clearance.

5) Only way to open the trunk is to push the keyhole and pull using the plastic cladding with DSUTER written. Central lock button in dash locks/unlocks the boot as well. No separate release is placed in the car.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 14:20   #6178
B_T

Calling out to fellow Duster Owners in Bengaluru. I own a 2012 RXL 110 Diesel. It has done 1.88 L so far. The last 40-50 thousand kms has not been very pleasant when it comes to driving pleasure or on my wallet during services. I've always got the car serviced at the Renault Service Centre - Trident. I used to get it done at the K.R. Puram service centre earlier and for the last 2 years I've been getting in done at the Yelahanka/Jakkur centre. The K.R. Puram folks are better, in my opinion.

My car really needs some attention - It is very slow to pick up speed, in lower gears as well. It shudders when I try to move in 1st gear. A couple of engine lights have come on. In general, I do not get the same pleasure or the peace of mind while driving it, as what it used to be a couple of years ago.

I am very disappointed with these Renault service centres and as such need to find a good non-Renault service centre who are good at servicing Dusters.

Could you fellow Duster Owners please suggest a good service centre - around Hebbal area ?

Thanks,
BT.
Old 4th December 2021, 21:47   #6179
BHPian

Guys I ended up buying the 1.3 Turbo CVT - had my first puncture and figured out that changing tyres was breeze compared to Ritz as Renault jack had lever attached to jack itself, the whole process was pretty intuitive to be honest.

But I've a weird query - I'm not able to figure how to mount the jack back in to its place in the trunk.

There is a long screw (fixed on chassis, but freely moving) and bolt (plastic head) to tighten - but couldn't find where to have the screw to hold the jack.
Old 6th December 2021, 21:42   #6180
BHPian

Last weekend I had a strange issue with my Duster where the gears got jammed suddenly and was very tight to change. This happened after driving bumper to bumper traffic for an hour. Somehow I reached home in the second gear. However when I switched off the engine, it was shifting smoothly. But when I started the engine, the gears were not changing.

Very next day when l was planning to take to FNG, it was pretty normal and the gears slotted without any hiccups.

Mine is a 85ps 2016 make. Any idea what issue could have caused this ? Should I take it to service centre or wait and watch ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks