Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2023, 17:47   #6256
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargville View Post
Here's what it costed me at a local service center (not renault) in November-2021.
My vehicle is also 2016 RXZ AWD.

Rear shockers (both) - 12412/-
Front shockers (both) - 6576/-
Mountings (4 pc) - 2200/-
Bush Kit (2 pc) - 2300/-
Fitting/Overhauling charges - 1750/-

There were 3 brands available in market. I don't remember names. But I went for the brand that is Renault OE suspension supplier.
Means, 25k for all 4 new units. Not bad at all. What do you feel after the change,, any difference that you noticed as compared to OEM units. Are you satisfied with the quality of work done or you think you should have done it at Renault ASS ??

Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 19:11   #6257
BHPian

I have stopped visiting Renault ASS for their exorbitant prices and inflating small issues.
Except for the hard to fetch spares. This is the case in my town, may not be at yours.

Few months back the Airbags lights starting glowing and the service head started their usual scaring technique like sensors may have gone kaput, this is time consuming, we will open the whole dashboard, etc. Thankfully their junior mechanic gave me a hint and a little search on team-bhp solved the issue in 100 bucks. There is a connector under seat which was damaged.

Anyways back to the topic. I had issue with only left front suspension which had leakage. First decision was to get both front suspension changed. I remember their quote was approx 20000/-. Asked the local service center who suggested me to install OE suspension if only front are replaced else get all four changed with aftermarket choice.
I decided the aftermarket.

The ride quality is at the same level. Till now drove around 15000 on new suspension. Looks all good.
I think the quality at local mechanic depends on how much time can you spend. I usually watch the work and right at the start give some bucks to the chotu's for tea, pan etc.

Make sure to get all washers, rubbers replaced.
gargville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 17:14   #6258
BHPian

Quote:
Asked the local service center who suggested me to install OE suspension if only front are replaced else get all four changed with aftermarket choice.
I decided the aftermarket.

The ride quality is at the same level. Till now drove around 15000 on new suspension. Looks all good.
I think the quality at local mechanic depends on how much time can you spend. I usually watch the work and right at the start give some bucks to the chotu's for tea, pan etc.

Make sure to get all washers, rubbers replaced.
Can you please elaborate why your local mechanic suggested you to go for OE replacement if only front suspensions were to be changed ? Was it due to difference in quality of OE Spares & after market ones or difference in quality of repair job between Renault ASS and FNG? Generally ASS and FNG people are antagonistic and normally don't recommend each other

By the way, you technique of tipping the Chhotu early on is really good
Old 31st January 2023, 11:02   #6259
BHPian

I think his suggestion was relating to compatibility. Since all suspensions are tuned differently.

My suggestion would be if you are having confusion, go with OE, always in pairs.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2023 at 12:40. Reason: Minor spacing
Old 8th February 2023, 08:46   #6260
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's what it costed me at a local service center (not renault) in November-2021.
My vehicle is also 2016 RXZ AWD.

Rear shockers (both) - 12412/-
Front shockers (both) - 6576/-
Mountings (4 pc) - 2200/-
Bush Kit (2 pc) - 2300/-
Fitting/Overhauling charges - 1750/-

There were 3 brands available in market. I don't remember names. But I went for the brand that is Renault OE suspension supplier.
I have to check as I cannot log into my renault app anymore. But My dad recently was in the same dilemma. The FNG in Jaipur suggested some brand other than Monroe, and total estimate was not much different from yours.

Eventually, I guess it cost 30,000 for the whole job at Renault. New suspension on al four corners. In the past, Ive also got aftermarket rear shocks replaced at ASC when we owned the 2WD.

The only reason I go to Renault ASC still, is that this is an AWD. I don’t trust the FNGs who say they can do suspension work and only have access to a 2 wheel alignment machine.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 21:53   #6261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
it cost 30,000 for the whole job at Renault. New suspension on al four corners.

The only reason I go to Renault ASC still, is that this is an AWD.
Hi Tgo, thanks for responding.

I bit the bullet finally and went the FNG route for the first time in my 7th year of owning the AWD. This particular garage is a trusted one of my office MT personnel who all spoke very high of him. I got the entire work done in front of me and it was executed satisfactorily.

Purchased 4 OEM Monroe struts alongwith bushing kit and mountings from the authorised Monroe distributor who caters for about 15 districs of Vidarbha. Total job cost about 23k (parts about 20k, labour 3k). Got alignment done from the most reputed one in city under AMC and that was about all. Have been driving for last 4 days, everything seems fine so far. However, first long trip (about 2000 kms, up and down) is scheduled in coming days and that will be the litmus test of FNG job. Fingers crossed.

I would also like to mention that the aforesaid bill also includes repair of a master window switch (co-driver window) for which Renault ASS had quoted INR 2250 and replacing the Horn change which ASS quoted for INR 2000. The mechanic simply disassembled the window switch, cleaned the carbon, re-fitted it and that's all

That was also when I realised how much ASS people are fleecing the customers. Moreover, getting the job done in front of my own eyes also revealed that it is no rocket science and any decently qualified and experienced mechanic can do it with proper tools. The same holds good for suspension as well, be it 2WD or AWD. There is hardly any difference in the mounting pattern which I saw myself. Only that opening the rear mountings was a bit cumbersome as they had to open the fibre panels in the boot area as well as the rear seat. The mechanic remarked that in other vehicles it is not that complicated for rear shocks. Maybe a design issue with Duster.

All in all, despite being my first FNG experience, I was satisfied with the work done and tools utilised by the mechanic who did it pretty professionally.

Will be updating after returning from my scheduled trip.

Cheers
agt7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 21:55   #6262
BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion would be if you are having confusion, go with OE, always in pairs.
Changing in pairs was exactly what I thought and ultimately did too. Opted for FNG route though.

Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 14:02   #6263
BHPian

Dear Members

Need an advice for the below problem, although the model I am referring is bit different:

Model : Renault Duster PE (2020) - 4x4 - 2L Petrol - GCC Spec
Renault Duster : Official Review-tbhp.jpg

Mileage : 158,000km
Usage : Both on road (cruise) at 140kmph and in 4x4 in sand dunes for work purpose.

Problem : Recently, I am encountering a strange problem. While driving without cruise control (cruise control is ON but not set on any Speed), it suddenly shows notification on MID display "Cruise Control ON" (like the button is being pressed automatically - ON-OFF) and vehicle gives a jerk.
Renault Duster : Official Review-image-5.jpeg
(Located behind the gear level - between two seats)

Service center checked via computer and did not find any issue and even the error log is empty.
Renault Duster : Official Review-photo20230411131007.jpg

Request your kind opinion based on your experience.
Old 25th May 2023, 16:15   #6264
BHPian

Hi All,

I faced a peculiar problem with my Duster keys and central locking. I own a 2018 RXS (D) model, and last night after coming back home, when I tried locking I realized the key battery (CR 2032 - 3V) has completely died and it was not working. I tried locking the car through physical key hole, and to my surprise and unawareness, only the driver side door got locked and rest all remained opened. I had a understanding it would centrally lock all the doors.

Second issue, that even after changing the battery the key is still not working.

Anyone faced this issue and have a resolution?

Cheers!
DB
Old 26th May 2023, 08:24   #6265
Senior - BHPian

Check your car battery, does it have sufficient charge left? If it is discharged central locking may not work.
Old 8th July 2023, 23:52   #6266
BHPian

Just for everyone's information, this got resolved. After changing the battery of the key, unlock the car and start ignition and have it idle for 30-40 seconds, the key gets re-synced! So everytime if the key battery is changed, this process has to follow.

Cheers!
-DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeast View Post
Hi All,

I faced a peculiar problem with my Duster keys and central locking. I own a 2018 RXS (D) model, and last night after coming back home, when I tried locking I realized the key battery (CR 2032 - 3V) has completely died and it was not working. I tried locking the car through physical key hole, and to my surprise and unawareness, only the driver side door got locked and rest all remained opened. I had a understanding it would centrally lock all the doors.

Second issue, that even after changing the battery the key is still not working.

Anyone faced this issue and have a resolution?

Cheers!
DB
Old 10th August 2023, 09:20   #6267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

There is this humming noise which has cropped up. In the 40-60 kmph range it is really noticeable and above these speeds it goes away or is masked by the wind noise. The sound changes with speed (accelerating/decelerating). It is not originating from the transmission as the noise is present while coasting in that range in neutral. And there are no vibrations noticed in the steering/gear knob/ABC pedals anywhere.
Hey, I know the humming noise from your wheels vanished after you had the tires changed, but did it ever come back?

My family owns a Duster 110 AWD, and we have had the humming noise from the rear wheels for a long time and over multiple brand new sets of tyres.

The sound starts being noticeable above 60kmph, and is very irritating on highways. We have the car serviced from the original dealership without missing an interval, and wheel balancing and alignment is done regularly, as we go offroad quite often.
Old 4th September 2023, 10:34   #6268
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know how to order a new HSRP and color sticker for Renault cars which are registered before AUgust 2019? Karnataka government has imposed law stating all cars before 1st August 2019 should have HSRP number plates by Nov 1st Week. This is a mandatory rule and lead to penalties if not done by Nov.

I tried booking HSRP via SIAM website where they redirected me to BookMyHSRP website, BookMyHSRP website threw an error popup saying they are not the authorized vendors for Renault.

I searched through internet and found that there is another website called MakeMyHSRP which is also authorized HSRP vendor but when I tried to place an order, they too mentioned that they are not the authorized vendors for R.N.A.I.P.LTD (Renault Nissan Alliance India Private Limited)

Has anyone been successful in placing an HSRP order for their Renault vehicles?
Old 5th September 2023, 09:47   #6269
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thallipolivandi View Post
Hey, I know the humming noise from your wheels vanished after you had the tires changed, but did it ever come back?

My family owns a Duster 110 AWD, and we have had the humming noise from the rear wheels for a long time and over multiple brand new sets of tyres.
Humming from the rear wheels is new.

We never had issues with any other tyre brand on the same car or even the AWD that was bought later.

Do you also notice uneven wear on the tyres?
Old 5th September 2023, 15:59   #6270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyWanderer View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know how to order a new HSRP and color sticker for Renault cars which are registered before AUgust 2019? Karnataka government has imposed law stating all cars before 1st August 2019 should have HSRP number plates by Nov 1st Week. This is a mandatory rule and lead to penalties if not done by Nov.

I tried booking HSRP via SIAM website where they redirected me to BookMyHSRP website, BookMyHSRP website threw an error popup saying they are not the authorized vendors for Renault.
I was able to schedule an appointment for 15th on bookmyhsrp for my duster at Trident Renault SJP road, was re-directed to book my HSRP from SIAM website. I will update how it goes.
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed