Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2012, 14:45   #616

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Guess I have a long wait......

vasisht
they have taken 51k check but have not deposited yet,perhaps they will start depositing once delivery starts.

Last edited by GTO : 14th August 2012 at 16:02. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 13th August 2012, 16:11   #617
BHPian

Here is a pic of the dealer accessory seat. Apparently you can just fit one at a time, and from the pics it certainly doesn't look like you can fit 2. So its a 'six seater' in the loosest sense of the term rather than a 7 seater.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-timage001.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-timage003.jpg  

raul is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 16:23   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Here is a pic of the dealer accessory seat. Apparently you can just fit one at a time, and from the pics it certainly doesn't look like you can fit 2. So its a 'six seater' in the loosest sense of the term rather than a 7 seater.
Thank you for the images. Yes you are correct, the Duster is 6 seater at best, & the sixth seat is pretty useless too as the under thigh support goes for a toss if you sit an average adult in that seat. Even if he/she keeps his legs straight, he would be more uncomfortable in stop-go traffic & absence of seat belts (IMO seat belts are the basic safety feature that should be available in any vehicle seat).

Important is that your car... are they readily endorsing the additional seats on RC?
Old 13th August 2012, 16:32   #619
BHPian

cardeep - Nope, these were the pics I clicked on Saturday at Renault Pune while test driving the 85 and 110 back to back. There were a number of cars and this was one of them. This is not a delivery car, its the test drive vehicle.
Old 13th August 2012, 17:23   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does it fold up/collapse? Or, is removing the seat the only way, when you don't need it?
It is funny that they are displaying the seat on a car with the parcel tray
Old 13th August 2012, 17:34   #621
BHPian

Guna - not sure, the seat seemed to be fitted to the floor, it was certainly firm. I don't think you can remove it without unscrewing something.

From my reading online I was under the impression you could fit 2 of these jump seats, but clearly from the pics you can see only one will fit.

On the whole it looks risky, uncomfortable and completely not worth the effort and I honestly don't know what Renault was thinking. Instead of doing sensible stuff like adding armrests and losing the rear ac they go and get these silly seats.

The dealer also had one model fitted with a sunroof as an accessory and wanted some silly amount for it! Clearly the demand has gone to their head.
Old 13th August 2012, 18:55   #622
BHPian

Quote:
From my reading online I was under the impression you could fit 2 of these jump seats, but clearly from the pics you can see only one will fit.
From the pictures it seems that only one seat will fit. But then it looks like the seat is intended for two small petite humans to sit next to each other! It would be a very tight fit thought. Extremely tight.
Old 13th August 2012, 19:22   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Here is a pic of the dealer accessory seat. ..
That's a very useful set of pics Raul!
Besides the limited space, notice how the fixed edge of the parcel tray guide
is likely to dig into back of the occupants necks, when seated.
Downright jugaad, on similar lines or perhaps a bit worse than that rear ac fixture!
Old 13th August 2012, 19:38   #624
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer also had one model fitted with a sunroof as an accessory and wanted some silly amount for it! Clearly the demand has gone to their head.
Sunroof?? as in have they made a cut on the roof and put a glass top?Is that even okay to do after market?I mean structurally they might ve to strengthen the coaming around the cut if strength of the roof is to be maintained?

I wonder.
Old 13th August 2012, 20:27   #625
BHPian

Saw a white duster today! It has awesome road presence in a sea of sedans, bolero,innovas! It even looks better than the endeavour!!
Old 13th August 2012, 20:37   #626
BHPian

Generally speaking, an after market sunroof is a big NO. They used to do it in US back in the days but have completely stopped. Mechanical issues, wind noise and the worst part, water leak.
Old 13th August 2012, 21:09   #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Ok. Was/is on the same road as you are, with the minor difference that I sold my existing ride. Anyways, I think the wait is over. For the first time since I confirmed my booking, dealer accessories department called me for getting their list of accessories to be fitted, manager(not the SA) called me and sent me my form 20 for registration. In fact just now the manager called to enquire when I'll submit my attested form 20. So you will get your 110 pretty soon, if your choice of color is readily available.
same to MOTORHEAD1981, the wait has already killed me. I'm just hoping that tmachinhe DUSTER in hand will make for the incompetence of all concerned, manufacturer and/or dealer.
That is good news from your end, I have some updates on this haphazard dealership they are offering us to take a white color, where in we have booked a brown and they absolutely have no idea on when the brown would be available. Poor treatment of customers, who already are paying a premium to get this overpriced machine
Old 13th August 2012, 21:22   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
I got my ICE setup at Evo Bangalore,The setup sounds incredible compared to the stock speakers.
Can you share stock HU details, I was told 'Pioneer' make. Any idea how many pre-amp/RCA connections it has and what kind of controls it has.

Did you go for comp speakers and amplifier setup? if so, what make.

Thanks.
Old 13th August 2012, 21:49   #629
BHPian

Look at the damage on the plastics on the right side. I wonder if this happen when people tested the jump seat or the mechanics did it while installing the seat.
Either ways, not confidence inspiring.
Old 13th August 2012, 23:11   #630
BHPian

Quote:
I believe Renault top management & Renault R&D guys should be made to sit on this jump seat with lollypop in their hand.
This shows the attitude of these phoren companies towards india,who assume India mein sab chalta hai.
h.s.r is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks