Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:07   #721
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunrajk81 View Post
I booked RXE diesel Woodland Brown on July 7th in Bangalore and till now no response call from Dealer as well as Renault
I keep calling Renault and showroom twice or thrice a week and no update is coming

- To cancel and go for another car – To compromise an SUV with a sedan
- To cancel 85 RXE in Bangalore and book RXL 110 diesel from Kerala ( ~1.4L extra compared to RXE price in Blore so that I will get safety features too )
If you reside in Bangalore, how safe and hassle free to buy it from Kerala and use it in Bangalore?
The reason i ask is, a lot of people (in Bangalore/Chennai) like you can save a lot of money if they buy a from Kerala.
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:50   #722
BHPian

I am not a regular car user in Bangalore
Mostly used in Blr-Kerala drives and some long drives..
Thats why I thought in that way..

My main concern here is the delay in getting the vehicle which I opted
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:16   #723
BANNED

i have seen people getting RXE 85 diesel in hyderabad.but not that colour. i too booked for woodland brown.no idea about that late thing...even showroom guys are not telling any thing.hope i will come to know in 1 r 2 days time about my Car .

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd August 2012 at 15:33. Reason: Fixing quote.
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:46   #724
BHPian

Hi Guys

After waiting for almost two months and getting no response for my booking from Renault, I have decided to cancel my booking. I had booked 85 ps RXL option pack. But dealer kept on pushing 110 ps in RXL or RXZ variants for which I was not interested in. So now opting for a sedan , Sunny diesel to be precise.

Will hope to buy a SUV as my next change

CHEERS
Old 23rd August 2012, 00:21   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Even I got a call from my Dealer abt the 85 RxL Option Pack.
They say its being loaded at Chennai and I need to confirm my booking.
I am thoroughly confused.
When did you book your Duster? Which showroom in Delhi?
Old 23rd August 2012, 09:54   #726
Senior - BHPian

Saw one at Trivandrum today. I guess Duster looks ok in real life;not photogenic though.
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:54   #727
BHPian

Same here, finally saw a Duster on the road today morning. Was a 110PS RXE White, on the Inner Ring Road ~ 10.30.
I wonder how much longer it will take to see the 85PS on road.
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:46   #728
BHPian

There really is something strange going on about the 85PS Duster. I/my wife have been trying to get Renault India to respond, but they have been avoiding answering our emails. Phone queries I feel are not as effective as there is no record of what went on in the conversation.

Plus there seems to be a collusion among Renault India and the dealers as no queries are satisfactorily answered by the dealers. There is also some foul-play going on - please see my previous posts regarding how the dealer has been withholding information / misrepresenting facts. Add to this the fact that when I booked the Duster, the money receipt I was given was post-dated by a month (28/08/2012 instead of 28/07/2012)! I am willing to consider that it could have been an honest human error, but my experience with the dealer tells me otherwise.
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:54   #729
BANNED

Today me too saw White Duster in Thyagrajanagar while going to my Bank. I was driving on the oppositie side when Duster crossed.

but I could not check on the Model ?
Old 23rd August 2012, 16:19   #730
BHPian

Its been almost 3 months since I pre booked my Rxl85 option black color and still waiting for my vehicle delivery. 100 vehicles as per SA was dispatched by Renault last Monday and it consisted of only one white Rxl85(O) now the SA is saying they have been told to say 7 months waiting period of 85 optional as there is some problem with Renault in sending them.

He further requests me to take 110Rxl saying both of them cost same and I can add alloys outside but I refused saying I need airbags.

Another batch is supposed to be received on this month end as per SA if I don't get it even then I am planning to cancel my booking as i sincerely now doubt Renault efficiency and I am afraid of future services.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 23rd August 2012 at 16:24.
Old 23rd August 2012, 23:22   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Even I got a call from my Dealer abt the 85 RxL Option Pack.
They say its being loaded at Chennai and I need to confirm my booking.
I am thoroughly confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinz View Post
Hi Guys

After waiting for almost two months and getting no response for my booking from Renault, I have decided to cancel my booking. I had booked 85 ps RXL option pack. But dealer kept on pushing 110 ps in RXL or RXZ variants for which I was not interested in. So now opting for a sedan , Sunny diesel to be precise.

Will hope to buy a SUV as my next change
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Its been almost 3 months since I pre booked my Rxl85 option black color and still waiting for my vehicle delivery.

Another batch is supposed to be received on this month end as per SA if I don't get it even then I am planning to cancel my booking as i sincerely now doubt Renault efficiency and I am afraid of future services.
I guess we all are in same boat.
All are pretty confused, frustated by the Renault lousy response.
It seems no 85 Ps has been delivered anywhere in India, which shows something is not right with Renault.
I am seriously considering my booking with Duster.
My booking is with Renault Delhi West.
I am already looking for other options.
Old 24th August 2012, 00:26   #732
BHPian

Sorry if it sounds off topic but, For all those who are already in love with duster (booked it already) and now frustrated by Renault with seemingly endless waiting (mainly because of lack of information), there is an option coming soon - I am referring all new 'Mahindra Quanto'.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...mini-xylo.html

I guess the problem is with 85ps Duster deliveries and all those opting for it can definitely think of this alternative. At least for the fact that it is an alternative from same segment.
Old 24th August 2012, 23:29   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_L View Post
Sorry if it sounds off topic but, For all those who are already in love with duster (booked it already) and now frustrated by Renault with seemingly endless waiting (mainly because of lack of information), there is an option coming soon - I am referring all new 'Mahindra Quanto'.

I guess the problem is with 85ps Duster deliveries and all those opting for it can definitely think of this alternative. At least for the fact that it is an alternative from same segment.
Alternative no way.
Upcoming Quanto is just plain ugly,more uglier than Xylo IMO.
I would rather go for sedan rather than buying Mini Xylo instead of Duster.
Old 25th August 2012, 00:34   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
If you reside in Bangalore, how safe and hassle free to buy it from Kerala and use it in Bangalore?
The reason i ask is, a lot of people (in Bangalore/Chennai) like you can save a lot of money if they buy a from Kerala.
Not much savings as of now! The tax slabs were revised this financial year and now anything costs above 10L will attract a 10% tax & 15L, a 12% compared to 14% in Bangalore. Previously it was 6% flat across all segments. I say 40,000/- is a very small price to pay [especially for those who can afford to spend 10L on a car] for peace of mind if anyone intends to use it in Bangalore.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th August 2012 at 00:38.
Old 25th August 2012, 07:54   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Not much savings as of now! The tax slabs were revised this financial year and now anything costs above 10L will attract a 10% tax & 15L, a 12% compared to 14% in Bangalore. Previously it was 6% flat across all segments. I say 40,000/- is a very small price to pay [especially for those who can afford to spend 10L on a car] for peace of mind if anyone intends to use it in Bangalore.
Hey swift,

The tax in k'taka is 15.5% for cars costing 5-10 L & it is ~19% for cars above 10L. Agree with you that its much better to pay the tax and have peace of mind rather than live with a constant fear of the RTO folks.
naut is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks