Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2012, 19:21   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Urajkumar

It appears that the success of the Duster has gotten to their heads. And it's rather sad. I'm sure it's not just the price-hike that made you cancel your booking. The price hike is something we could have dealt with and I'm sure you would have too. But the lack of safety-features has put us off completely so we'll just have to wait for the EcoSport too, even though I really like the Renault.
You said it exactly right. I am have put off by their methods from the start. They let people book lower versions and later push them to higher versions saying we have a cancellations which looked fishy to me. When I went to book too, pushed me for diesel but later told me base version is no longer available for booking. So many reported about premiums being asked (Including me though it was only 5k). Their way of doing business shows utter lack of integrity and no service mindset. The 30k was never a issue but their attitude towards its customer definetely is. I still doubt if people who booked earlier would get protection but hopefully some more cancellations, they will tread carefully and give the poor customers who have been waiting from aug a break. Its a good vehicle no doubt, but couple more moves like this they will lose more customers in the long term and remain a small player in india

Last edited by urajkumar : 30th September 2012 at 19:23.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 21:42   #1037
BHPian

Renault India digging its own grave with price hike of the Duster.
I am also awaiting delivery of Duster 85Ps,booked on 8th of July.
If no price protection is given, then i am certainly going for cancellation.
Has any Duster owner gone for Head Unit change.Is center console plate available for Duster?
Old 1st October 2012, 00:03   #1038
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quick highway update: Took my Duster for a long drive Bangalore -> Chikkmaglur -> Dharmasthala -> Bangalore (around 700 Kms). Sufficient power. Absolutely no issues with 5 adults, 1 toddler and lots of luggage with AC in ghat sections around Sakleshpur. Amazing in gear acceleration, easy to overtake even in 4/5th gear. Even if sticking to run-in instructions (<2500 rpm) vehicles like Indica, Sumo, Force Traveler were soon becoming miniscule objects in rear view mirror. Vehicles like Scorpio, Innova, Safari were of respectful size but still in rear view mirror. Only vehicles I saw through the windshield were the Swifts Mileage reported as per MID was 14.9 where as my Android app FuelLog reported 16.2.

And about the latest price hike news, its really sad to hear, especially for people who had booked early enough. While the price hike itself is probably understandable, not giving a price protection to people who booked but did not get it yet because of manufacturing issues on Renault's part, is inexcusable.
suchit23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 09:29   #1039
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault India has crossed a sum total of 20,000 Duster bookings since the time of its launch

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/r...#ixzz2815CRHfR
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 10:37   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
A good endorsement from you.
I think all the power hungry out there would do well to take your point of view on board.
Given the sate of our roads, it is rare that one gets long stretches of road unmarred by traffic where one can unleash the vehicle.
And even then, one must be mindful of the speed limits mustnt one?
Come on Shankar - given that this is an enthusiast forum, you will find a higher percentage of power-hungry folks here compared to the general population. Why remind us to be more practical?

What about stretches such as Bangalore - Hyderabad, NH4 etc.? Roads seem to be becoming better everyday - e.g. I was reading about a travelogue that talked about some fantastic roads in Jharkand.

For those who like doing cross-country trips and are always starved for holidays, the ability to crunch miles fast matters.

Of course, subject to speed limits and not driving like a speed demon.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 10:43   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Renault India has crossed a sum total of 20,000 Duster bookings since the time of its launch

No wonder Renault has hiked the Duster prices by 30-40K. Is this success gone to head too early. More details in the link below.

http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report...s40000_1746912
Old 1st October 2012, 12:06   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
[/left]

No wonder Renault has hiked the Duster prices by 30-40K. Is this success gone to head too early. More details in the link below.

http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report...s40000_1746912
I think the success has definitely has gone to their head. A 30-40K hike within 2 months of launch, that too stating rupee depreciation is pure BS. Rupee has appreciated about 5% in the last month and they are stating that as a reason is ridiculous. Considering Road tax and insurance, the end user will have to shell out almost 50K .
I hope Ford launches the EcoSport quickly at a good price point. We need more options in this category!
Old 1st October 2012, 13:45   #1043
BHPian

Just confirmed from the dealer about price protection for bookings made in August or earlier. They said such bookings are shielded from the price rise.

To all those who have made their bookings in August or earlier - don't let the dealers take you for a ride.
Old 1st October 2012, 19:46   #1044
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray

Come on Shankar - given that this is an enthusiast forum, you will find a higher percentage of power-hungry folks here compared to the general population. Why remind us to be more practical?

What about stretches such as Bangalore - Hyderabad, NH4 etc.? Roads seem to be becoming better everyday - e.g. I was reading about a travelogue that talked about some fantastic roads in Jharkand.

For those who like doing cross-country trips and are always starved for holidays, the ability to crunch miles fast matters.

Of course, subject to speed limits and not driving like a speed demon.
I agree Nilanjan which is why I bought me a LittleBigFoot!
However, since around 90% of our driving in general is in the city,I guess that I hardly ever use the 140BHP available to me on tap!
Old 1st October 2012, 21:02   #1045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
To all those who have made their bookings in August or earlier - dont let the dealers take you for a ride.
As much as the terms of booking state that "prices at the time of delivery shall be applicable", it would have been good if Renault had been consistent and protected all those who had booked upto the point the hike was announced.
Old 1st October 2012, 22:48   #1046
Senior - BHPian

It is very possible that "they may not charge that extra amount"to those who have made the booking prior to August, but can come up with funda that the "roadtax" is gona go up as they will need to invoice on the current ex showroom price, so kindly check this aspect aswel.
Old 1st October 2012, 22:49   #1047
BHPian

Duster on 20 Inchers..
Exterior accessory package costs 35K.
Three things
1. Front Guard
2. Side Cladding
3. Door Beeding
Renault Duster : Official Review-28092012002.jpg
Renault Duster : Official Review-28092012004.jpg
Renault Duster : Official Review-28092012003.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-28092012001.jpg  

h.s.r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 23:28   #1048
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Duster on 20 Inchers..
Exterior accessory package costs 35K.
Three things
1. Front Guard
2. Side Cladding
3. Door Beeding
That cladding doesn't look like a genuine Renault accessory. Another member had taken pictures of another Duster parked in the stock-yard with similar cladding, but definitely not the same. The 'Duster' font looks different on this one and the bumper-guard looks curvier too.

Those wheels look ungainly. I much rather prefer smaller-diameter wheels (wearing higher-profile & chunky / knobby tires) on a SUV like the Duster. Large wheels and low-profile tires don't look good on SUVs IMO.
Old 1st October 2012, 23:33   #1049
BHPian

h.s.r - thanks for the pics. I know some people may disagree and this is purely my personal opinion with no offense meant to anyone, but this is the thing. The Duster cannot be made to look good; acceptable, maybe, but trying to make it look good is a futile effort. The wheel well claddings are ok, but the rest look overkill.

Its just quirky and weird. The design is not modern, it comes across as a practical workhouse so these kind of embellishments somehow seem like someone is trying too hard. Its like doing up your garden lawnmower.
raul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 02:59   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I much rather prefer smaller-diameter wheels (wearing higher-profile & chunky / knobby tires) on a SUV like the Duster. Large wheels and low-profile tires don't look good on SUVs IMO.
+1 to that!! SUV need those high profile tires to get that huge / tough look rather than giving them a skinny tires like this.

r-six
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks