Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 12:34   #1186
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
While searching for OEM system for Duster found this
http://www.megaaudio.co.uk/renaultduster.html
Looks like similar to Caska found in Duster.
one of the accessories shop guy mentioned about this brand and told that it would be less than 20k.
Old 17th October 2012, 13:16   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
one of the accessories shop guy mentioned about this brand and told that it would be less than 20k.
Renault Duster : Official Review-untitled.jpg
If its under 20K, then its looks tempting,i have seen similar unit installed in Duster at showroom,not sure about the brand.
The unit is available with original harness, therefore no chance of warranty geeting void.
Old 17th October 2012, 14:47   #1188
BHPian

Hi Fellow members,

This is my first post on this thread after my registration got accepted (on the fourth attempt). I had booked Duster 85 RXL (White) on 12th July and has been gobbling up each and every word said about the vehicle on this forum since then, infact even earlier than that.

I finally got the delivery of my car on 27th September (well in time to avoid any tussle with dealer on price rise). Have driven around 1100 Km since then including one trip to Lonavla. To sum up the experience:

Dealership (Renault - Thane): Very consistent with rest of the country. They are indeed useless, helpless, and headless (as their branch manager left within a week of duster launch and no one has joined since then).

Driving Experience: Awesome. really enjoying the driving pleasure and the comfort that seats are providing my 6 ft 1.5 in frame. Particularly so as I have upgraded from a Santro. Average FE i am getting on office commute is 15.5. This entails bumper to bumper traffic and highway driving as well.

Repellents: Well, deal with the switches and buttons with a baby touch. Anything firmer and they would be in your hand. The complete phone book is not downloading. The call lists are empty. Echo to the receiver over BT.

Overall me and my family are thoroughly enjoying our new ride which has become a subject of envy in our society.
engrohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 17:30   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
This is my first post on this thread after my registration got accepted (on the fourth attempt). I had booked Duster 85 RXL (White) on 12th July and has been gobbling up each and every word said about the vehicle on this forum since then, infact even earlier than that.
Welcome to TBHP & congratulations on getting your Duster . Which colour? Please do share a lot of pictures. Also start your ownership thread asap.
Old 17th October 2012, 23:44   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Welcome to TBHP & congratulations on getting your Duster . Which colour? Please do share a lot of pictures. Also start your ownership thread asap.
Thanks AutoIndian! It's a Classic White Beauty. Well didn't post any pics as it isn't much different from the white one's posted already. Will definitely start an ownership thread after 1500 KM.
Old 18th October 2012, 09:45   #1191
BHPian

Those who got Duster delivery, please help me out with the following queries..
1) Other than the extended warranty certificate , did Renault provide warranty certificate for Battery or tyres?
2) Any additional charges for high security number plates ?
3) Around 3000 is charged additionally by Renault Whitefield for accessories. What all they are providing .(Specific to those who took delivery in Bangalore).
4) Other than the PDI checklist Team BHP has ,any additional stuffs to be taken care in case of Duster ?
Old 18th October 2012, 11:05   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm
1) Other than the extended warranty certificate , did Renault provide warranty certificate for Battery or tyres?
3) Around 3000 is charged additionally by Renault Whitefield for accessories. What all they are providing .(Specific to those who took delivery in Bangalore).
4) Other than the PDI checklist Team BHP has ,any additional stuffs to be taken care in case of Duster ?
1) Just the warranty certificate 'stapled' to 'printed' copies of the service coupons.
2) High security plates are not available in my side of the country, I opted for the 'standard' IND' plates.
3) The three grand you shell out is for the mud magnet 'beige' floor mats which the dealer wouldn't have the adequate inventory and for the mud flaps.
4) Read the manual on how to run-in the engine, amendments to this point shall be made upon further exploration.
Cheers
coolkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 17:28   #1193
BHPian

Hey Guys!

I just cancelled the booking of RXL 85 (O) due to my decision of going for Elantra, right now, and buy Duster 4x4 when it launches next year (estimated).

Now the fun part, I asked the dealer after cancelling the booking, what is the current number of delivery, he said 349, mine was 747... And he agreed the delivery will take place in November-December. I sensed he meant January-mid!

Its sad that even after committing and reconfirming that the car would arrive in Mid-October, revving up their production, increasing their price... Renault is still not able to stick to its commitments! I hope the situation becomes better before they launch the YUM 4X4! I'm definitely gonna buy it, 'cos I loved this car regardless of the issues. But just felt, if I'm going for such a vehicle it should definitely be a 4X4 off-roading monster ...

Last edited by zen kobane : 18th October 2012 at 17:31.
Old 18th October 2012, 19:19   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
1) ...The three grand you shell out is for the mud magnet 'beige' floor mats which the dealer wouldn't have the adequate inventory....Cheers
@Pradeep, to answer your Qs -
1. No they did not -although I forgot to check, I assume these are covered under at least a one-year warranty.
2. Yes - mine asked for 1K - I opted for regular run-of-mill ones instead.
3. As Coolkid so aptly put - its for those "mud-magnet" mats and mudflaps, including installation charges. I asked for Black mats (also of the same "mud-magnet" variety) and they had those in-stock, these are easier on the eye and also easier to keep clean than the Beige ones. The material of the mats appear to be fairly tough and they have some sort of Velcro fastener to hold on to the floor carpet. Incidentally, there is a warning in the Manual to use only mats that properly adapted to the vehicle (driver's side)- for risk of jamming of pedals with loosely or ill fitted mats.

4. I would suggest you ensure the following:-

a) That the spare tyre is placed with its outer face pointing down and the refill nozzle positioned towards the rear - so as to ensure that the periodic task of tyre-pressure checks do not require the aid of a contortionist.

b) All the glasses, especially the windshield, are cleaned properly, including from the inside. Mine had large suction cup marks and a few greasy prints on the inside on the windshield, possibly when the windshield was fixed onto the vehicle in the factory.

c) Those tyres are all over-inflated to 40+ psi for the truck journey. Ensure the tyre pressure is brought down to the appropriate value (29 psi), before driving out.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 18th October 2012 at 19:25.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 23:32   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
Pradeep, did we meet today @ Renault Whitefield? If that was not you then it is too much of a coincidence that I met a Pradeep who knew about TBHP and was taking delivery of his Duster.

Anyways some feedback here:
1) I didnt even get any extended warranty certificate now any service coupons. They said its all implicit, did you get one today?
2) No high security in Karnataka yet, but they charged me Rs 900 for the IND plates, which I figured was probably on the higher side.
3) They didnt charge me anything for the default accessories (Mud Flaps, Carpet mats)
4) Yeah the tyre pressure thing is important as someone pointed out.

And for people who had been discussing the possible HUs, Renault dealer is selling both Caska and Megaaudio, however they are priced to give you heart attacks! Caska - Rs 67,000 Megaaudio - Rs 53,000. No, I didnt type an extra 0 there. And if you trade in your OE unit, you get back 8K
suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 01:23   #1196
BHPian

Finally after 6 attempts at becoming a member on Team-BHP, membership finally accepted.
So here goes: I took the delivery of a white RXL (O) on the 27th of Sept after having to fight with my dealer here. I was being told that I would be getting the delivery some time in October and had to really pile on the pressure to get it before the 30th of September.
I've done about 600 Kms with just 1 run of a 100 kms on the highway, and am getting an average of 15.3 at present.
I wanted to know as to how much diesel fills up in the tank? The manual says it is a 50 liter tank, but on getting a full tank I had to fill up 70 liters and that too with at least 4 liters in the tank. Now the best part, the reading is 600 Kms, the fuel gauge shows more than 1/2 tank and fuel used is showing 37.5 liters. STRANGE.
Old 19th October 2012, 10:31   #1197

If you really top it up to the brim, yes,the capacity is about 65-70 Liters, but it is not safe as you are not leaving any expansion space / vapour space. It happened once with me and after a drive of almost 300 KM on the highway the fuel gauge reading still showed full. Normally, there is a electro-mechanical float in the fuel tank, which gives out the input signal for fuel level.

Based on my queries and discussions with the service engineer durng my first service, I understand that the other parameters like fuel average, fuel consumed etc are calculated from a sensor that gives an input of the fuel injection rate. Hence, technically, all the values you have got is correct.
Old 19th October 2012, 10:43   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Pradeep, did we meet today @ Renault Whitefield? If that was not you then it is too much of a coincidence that I met a Pradeep who knew about TBHP and was taking delivery of his Duster.

Anyways some feedback here:
1) I didnt even get any extended warranty certificate now any service coupons. They said its all implicit, did you get one today?
2) No high security in Karnataka yet, but they charged me Rs 900 for the IND plates, which I figured was probably on the higher side.
3) They didnt charge me anything for the default accessories (Mud Flaps, Carpet mats)
4) Yeah the tyre pressure thing is important as someone pointed out.

And for people who had been discussing the possible HUs, Renault dealer is selling both Caska and Megaaudio, however they are priced to give you heart attacks! Caska - Rs 67,000 Megaaudio - Rs 53,000. No, I didnt type an extra 0 there. And if you trade in your OE unit, you get back 8K
Hey Suchit ,I am the same Pradeep you met at Renault Whitefield.
Thanks all for your valuable feedback.
Renault charged me 3K for mudflaps, 4 Beige fabric mats , an idol , number plates and a perfume.
Took delivery of Duster 110 BHP RXZ (Woodland brown) yesterday. Will come up with an ownership thread soon.
Insurance I took from outside( b2b )- 31K
7K they took for handling charges . Was inquiring with the dealer about replacing the HU and that is when I met Mr Suchit.
Old 19th October 2012, 10:50   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
I wanted to know as to how much diesel fills up in the tank? The manual says it is a 50 liter tank, but on getting a full tank I had to fill up 70 liters and that too with at least 4 liters in the tank. Now the best part, the reading is 600 Kms, the fuel gauge shows more than 1/2 tank and fuel used is showing 37.5 liters. STRANGE.
Hi Docster, Welcome to the Forum. Many Congratulations on your buy.Regarding tank capacity I have filled my tank twice since getting the delivery and it is indeed 50 ltrs. What you are reporting is strange and needs to be checked at fuel indicator level in car but i doubt more of an issue with the petrol pump playing foul. Get in indicator checked at dealer and fill next time from a different pump, preferably company owned.
Old 19th October 2012, 10:52   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally after 6 attempts at becoming a member on Team-BHP, membership finally accepted. So here goes: I took the delivery of a white RXL (O) on the 27th of Sept
Congratulations to you for getting both, TBHP membership & your Duster
Getting TBHP membership is never an easy task, it needs perseverance & a lot of determination, but in the end its worth all the efforts.

Quote:
Is the fuel bunk, that you filled from, a reliable one? Its seems the attendant has royally screwed you for more than 20 litres of fuel. The Duster brochure clearly mentions the fuel tank capacity of 50 litres. In no way it can take more than 50 litres (owners please share your experience on this. Has anyone ever filled more than 50 litres in their Duster?).

A snap shot of the Duster brochure.
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-fuel-tank-capacity.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks