Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 14:06   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r
Went to Renault showroom yesterday, where i have booked Duster.
Dealer earlier refused to entertain price protection for those who booked before 31 Aug 12, now agreed in the form of 40K discount.
The discount will be only on ex showroom price that means i have to pay registration and insurance as per new rates.I still have to shell out 8K more as compared to older rates.
Any one else in the same situation.
I had decided if dealer would pay price protection only then i would go for Duster.
So now i am now waiting for delivery.
Unfortunately now i cannot go for variant change, which i wanted to do,but that's not a deal broker i guess.
Hi there

There is no way that he can refuse price protection if you have booked on August 12. I booked on the 7th of August and am protected. I guess you should take it up with Renault administration.
Old 24th October 2012, 15:40   #1247
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Went to Renault showroom yesterday, where i have booked Duster.
That's impossible, which one was it? When I went to cancel mine at EOK one, he happily mentioned about the price increase post 31st Aug.
Old 24th October 2012, 18:08   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead1981

Hi there

There is no way that he can refuse price protection if you have booked on August 12. I booked on the 7th of August and am protected. I guess you should take it up with Renault administration.
Renault administration. Is there anything like it. I really don't think so. I have registered numerous complaints regarding the registration issue of my car, but to no avail. I even got a call from Renault saying that they will look into the matter, but still nothing. The success of duster has gone to there heads.

Regarding the fuel fill up issue, I have clocked around 5000 km's so far and every time have the same amount of fuel going in, 45-50 litres. So no concerns there.
Old 24th October 2012, 18:37   #1249
BHPian

I filled in fuel today within 1 km of the low fuel light coming on. At the first click 44.5 liters of fuel went in, and that time the fuel indicator was still showing the large block at the bottom lighted up. Will be trying this a couple of times and then see how much fuel actually this tank can take.
Old 24th October 2012, 18:48   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer earlier refused to entertain price protection
Hi,

I booked on july 5th and had the same problem. I got hold of renault customer care and they confirmed that i'll be protected from the hike, they even asked me to give them a call when am in the showroom so that they can talk to dealer in case of any problems.

Post this, instead of talking to the SA, i got hold of the Sales Manager and stated my case. The solution i was given was to make full payment to avoid the hike. I eventually did, but still haven't got delivery of vehicle, so fingers crossed.

Though the solution to me is not what renault guaranteed i opted for it, i.e. make payment and get it invoiced. You can try getting in touch with renault customer care and get them involved, next time you talk to dealer.

Cheers!
Old 24th October 2012, 21:14   #1251
BHPian

Yippee.! I just got the call from the dealer. My brown 110RXZ has been despatched today and should be available sometime next week :-)
motorhead1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 09:58   #1252

I have got delivery of my 110 RXZ and with the car i have received 3 Booklets:

1. Car Manual
2. Radio Manual
3. Quick Guide

Surprisingly i have found Service Booklet Lacking and have no Idea of Service Interval.

Can someone please help me on whether 4th Booklet with service requirement has been given with vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
The '100' looks to be the number of dealerships. Link

However, with a 10000 km / 1yr service interval, the number of visits would be lesser. And by that time (a year before first real service @ 10 K, a 2 K free service was mentioned), {and with another sedan up their sleeve}, Renault is bound to get the act together.
deltadriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 10:50   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadriver View Post
Surprisingly i have found Service Booklet Lacking and have no Idea of Service Interval.

Can someone please help me on whether 4th Booklet with service requirement has been given with vehicle.
Yes, I can confirm, surprisingly there is no separate service manual nor is there a section in the main manual which speaks about the service intervals and what should be done in which service. Even the typical table to record the maintenance history is missing.
suchit23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 12:02   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
I filled in fuel today within 1 km of the low fuel light coming on. At the first click 44.5 liters of fuel went in, and that time the fuel indicator was still showing the large block at the bottom lighted up. Will be trying this a couple of times and then see how much fuel actually this tank can take.
You need to switch off the car while filling up fuel.
Some may raise an issue over this but its a good practice.
Switch on the car and you will have the perfect readings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadriver View Post

1. Car Manual
2. Radio Manual
3. Quick Guide

There is no 4th booklet, means no service required. (joking)
Not to worry, after the first service (at 2000km), they will give you a tag
where the next service/km date is mentioned. A service book would have been much handy though.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 25th October 2012 at 12:05. Reason: added a word.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 14:17   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead1981 View Post
Hi there

I was refused price protection earlier, but now dealer agreed o give 40K discount on OTR price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kobane View Post
That's impossible, which one was it? When I went to cancel mine at EOK one, he happily mentioned about the price increase post 31st Aug.
I have booked with Renault Delhi West.

@Shandy1981:
I made my booking on 8th of July.
I have been assured by sales manager that i will be getting 40K as price protection discount,
but the catch is i have to pay registration charges as per new rates.
Old 25th October 2012, 14:24   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadriver

I had purchased Fluence last year. I got the service details of things that would be done on each particular service and also the warranty particulars by post after a month or so. So, you all would be receiving too,I suppose.
Old 25th October 2012, 17:44   #1257
BHPian

There is no specific service booklet but a 10 page document that the dealer will print out and give to the owner. It also has the coupons for the regular services. What I have been told is that there is a problem with the software which is made for this service schedule and that is the reason we have not been given the service manual as yet. We should be getting it in November (Most probably).
8th of July and the vehicle still not delivered, that is really strange. A friend of mine booked it after me ie. after the 12th of July and he has the vehicle for the last 40 days. He had also booked it from the Delhi west dealer. @h.s.r Pls looks into the matter and if need be have a very strong word with the manager. I have a feeling that u are being taken for a ride for ur mild manners. (Pun unintended ;-) )
Docster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 21:31   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
I was refused price protection earlier, but now dealer agreed o give 40K discount on OTR price...
I have been assured by sales manager that i will be getting 40K as price protection discount.
I booked my Duster on the same day - 08 July (RXZ-110 (Option- leather) and took delivery of my vehicle on 5th October (dealer - TVS Trivandrum). So it would appear that there's something the dealer is keeping back from you. The dealer is supposed to give you a week-wise estimate of delivery and in my case, it was right on the estimate. Perhaps you need to take it up more aggressively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
- Switch OFF the ignition when refueling.
- Reset the MID
- Use the fuel consumed value displayed on the MID for your calculations and estimate - its fairly accurate. Co-relate that value with the fuel amount input as shown by the pump meter.
- I have seen a total capacity of around 50 litres. Anything more and one is probably intruding into the expansion space provided.

Re- maintenance coupons - I have been told that the vehicle information is in the Renault database, hence minimal reliance on a printed record.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 25th October 2012 at 21:36.
Old 25th October 2012, 21:39   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
I was refused price protection earlier, but now dealer agreed o give 40K discount on OTR price.

I have booked with Renault Delhi West.

@Shandy1981:
I have been assured by sales manager that i will be getting 40K as price protection discount,
but the catch is i have to pay registration charges as per new rates.
Dont let the dealer mess around with you, tell him to stop BSing... Its illegal to do something like this.

Why dont you tape it on video or something like that, and send it to Renault and share it around. Will fix a lot of things for others too

Renault needs to tighten its network of greedy dealers.
Old 26th October 2012, 00:58   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
I booked my Duster on the same day - 08 July (RXZ-110 (Option- leather) and took delivery of my vehicle on 5th October (dealer - TVS Trivandrum). So it would appear that there's something the dealer is keeping back from you. The dealer is supposed to give you a week-wise estimate of delivery and in my case, it was right on the estimate. Perhaps you need to take it up more aggressively?
Mine is 85 PS RXL, i have been told by the dealer that 85PS production is lesser as compared to 110 PS,hence the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kobane View Post
Dont let the dealer mess around with you, tell him to stop BSing... Its illegal to do something like this.

Why dont you tape it on video or something like that, and send it to Renault and share it around. Will fix a lot of things for others too

Renault needs to tighten its network of greedy dealers.
Actually dealer agreed to give price protection,which he was refusing earlier.
I did some comparo in old & new Rates.

Model Ex Showroom Registration Insurance Logistics OTR
Old 85 PS RXL 8,99,000 83832 26467 8000 1017299
New 85 PS RXL 9,39,000 87332 28224 7000 1061556

Now the difference between old & new price is Rs 44,257.
After 40K price protection discount its Rs 4257.
I ain't aggressive as of now.
I am not pushing dealer for delivery either,because i am occupied with something else as of now,
but i have given instructions to dealer that i need vehicle on or before 20 Nov 12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks