Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 21:22   #1306
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

What if I want to buy the UK Dacia version? How do I go about it? I think those models are more evenly spec'd. These are made right here in India so I guess the possibility of buying one is there. Plus there would be less crazier waiting periods on these
Old 31st October 2012, 23:42   #1307
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr
What if I want to buy the UK Dacia version? How do I go about it? I think those models are more evenly spec'd. These are made right here in India so I guess the possibility of buying one is there. Plus there would be less crazier waiting periods on these
Sadly, you can't buy them in India.
They won't be homologated to be sold in India. and i don't think Renault would even offer it here.
Old 1st November 2012, 00:29   #1308
Senior - BHPian

I have not seen a single Duster on road till date with Goa regn plates.
Have seen one with GJ, MH and KA plates though.
Strange.
Car looks really good with No non-sense type stance.
Old 1st November 2012, 10:02   #1309
BHPian

Is there no way for any of the bhpians to get inside information from Renault manufacturing unit to know if there are drastic mechanical differences between the two versions of Duster?
Old 1st November 2012, 10:50   #1310
BHPian

New to the Forum.

Long time, only followed the threads. Decided to register. First attempt, rejected. Second attempt, successful.

Booked a Duster at West Delhi on Sept 07 (85PS RXL OPTION PACK). Not in a hurry as Old Chevrolet Aveo is going strong, and a month here or there does not make any difference.

Anyone can suggest, in today's world taking delivery in Nov -Dec of the year has any major disadvantages? Asking this because, gone are those days of limited choice of cars and one used to feel happy for such non-scientific advantage.

In a market today, where anyway most of second hand cars are sold at peanuts, does it make any sense to get the car delivery in Jan, instead of Dec?

ramesh
Old 1st November 2012, 11:10   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post
In a market today, where anyway most of second hand cars are sold at peanuts, does it make any sense to get the car delivery in Jan, instead of Dec?
Welcome to the forum Ramesh!

Well I am not sure about other's but as per my experience it made no difference due to year end purchase.

I bought Alto Lx in Dec 2005 and was offered a discount of a total of 20k due to year end purchase. (Remember, Alto was hot selling and had not discounts otherwise). I sold the car in 2010 to Maruti True Value. Before selling, I checked with all local as well as branded dealers and found out that i would have got 5-10 thousand more if it would have been Jan 2006 purchase. So overall, it made more sense for me to buy in December instead of January.
Old 1st November 2012, 11:37   #1312
BHPian

Dear Fellow BHPians

I rue to acknowledge that market dynamics in Indian Automobile space have changed dramatically and those revered petrolheads have either transformed into diesel junkies or have just become silent spectators of this dieselisation of their beloved car scene.
I belong to this dying and almsot extinct breed , I did get carried away a bit with the market forces and test drove diesel dusters few times but then was supremely put off by 110PS turbo lag and less powered 85ps( I am not a sedate driver and only time I prefer sedation is possibly when someone is nagging me ).

I would still buy a diesel SUV if it comes with an advanced AT setup and that rules out almost all current offerings due to prohibitive costs( I am not a cricketer , film star or industrialist) or half baked AT options ( endeavour, fortuner).

So , my friends , I am waiting for a petrol duster( manual should be fine in petrol) and I really have no idea whether it is ever going to see light of the day from Renault chennai production line , whether anyone has ever seen it , test driven it , bought it , owning it , enjoying it ?

All you dusterholics on this thread , shall you please throw some light on my questions ?

Looking forward.
Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 12:01   #1313
BHPian

I was also one like you, die-hard petrol fan, ridiculing everyone who buys Diesel car for personal use till recently. But the price advantage + Fuel Average of Diesel Cars exceeding Petrol ones have made me to rethink and today I am awakened and booked a Duster Diesel 85PS. Well, Unless one has a home & office bang on expressways or speedways, more than 80% of the time you would not feel the lack of power in 85 PS, why not save some hard-earned money. This is the logic I applied to book 85 instead of 110.

I doubt Petrol Duster will ever come, looking at all other mfrs. discontinuing petrol models.
Old 1st November 2012, 14:15   #1314
Team-BHP Support

If Renault's service-network improves in the coming months, I believe the Duster might command a premium even in the used-car-market. Provided it's a diesel, mind you.

Dealer delivery is taken into account but the date of manufacture is considered more important. You could mention the delivery was taken in 2013. Not sure if it would boost resale much, but resale value should be decent even then. My policy is once you've made up your mind about a car and booked it, don't give too much importance to depreciation. It should serve you well as it is a robust little number.

Hearty congratulations srameshdelhi and welcome to the forum!
Old 1st November 2012, 14:24   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post
New to the Forum.

Long time, only followed the threads. Decided to register. First attempt, rejected. Second attempt, successful.

Booked a Duster at West Delhi on Sept 07 (85PS RXL OPTION PACK). Not in a hurry as Old Chevrolet Aveo is going strong, and a month here or there does not make any difference.

Anyone can suggest, in today's world taking delivery in Nov -Dec of the year has any major disadvantages? Asking this because, gone are those days of limited choice of cars and one used to feel happy for such non-scientific advantage.

ramesh
Welcome to the forum Ramesh.

Well, I don't think it makes much of a difference. Unless something really goes wrong with Renault in India, the Duster is already a fast selling product and so should command a premium even when you want to sell it.
Old 1st November 2012, 15:15   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
Dear Fellow BHPians

So , my friends , I am waiting for a petrol duster( manual should be fine in petrol) and I really have no idea whether it is ever going to see light of the day from Renault chennai production line , whether anyone has ever seen it , test driven it , bought it , owning it , enjoying it ?

All you dusterholics on this thread , shall you please throw some light on my questions ?

Looking forward.
Thanks
I checked with 2 Renault dealers in Delhi. Both have not sold even a single petrol Duster. One of them mentioned that they had 3 bookings for the petrol version but were later moved to diesel versions by the customer.

The Dealer is willing to book the vehicle i.e the Petrol Duster. But absolutely no commitment on the delivery date. The sales person casually mentioned that Renault is manufacturing 1 petrol version for every 100 diesel versions.

There are no test drive vehicles available for the same either. (Amongst all 4 dealers)

Has anyone on the forum test driven a Petrol Duster? Or has anyone booked it/got it delivered?
Old 1st November 2012, 15:55   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
I am also being actively discouraged by a friend not to fit front bull-bars on my Duster. His argument was in the remote eventuality of a frontal collision, the air bags may not deploy correctly. He was also saying in such instances, the insurance guys may also raise some objections regarding disbursement.

Would appreciate if a senior BHP-ian can throw some light on this matter.

Thank you in advance.
I had been looking around for an aftermarket bullbar and came across this :
http://www.renault.com.br/Veiculos/c.../kit-aventura/
This is the same as the one fitted on the car that Neil had seen in August. I fail to understand that if this is available as an accessory in other parts of the world then why not India. And if this was available in August on 1 car then why is it that it has not been made available across all the dealers in India.

As for the sensors not going off in case a Bull bar has been fitted the how is it that it is available as an accessory from Renault???

I so dearly wish, Renault picks up their game.
Old 1st November 2012, 17:22   #1318
BHPian

Need some advice. I am taking delivery of my duster (rxz minus leather) tomorrow, this would be in chennai.

Guys who have taken in chennai, can you let me know if you opted for or were offered any accessories from the dealer. Also, did you get any coating (paint / underbody) done at the dealer's?

If you didnt go for accessories / coatings at the dealer's then which other place in chennai?

I enquired about mud flaps and was told its Rs 1,700 and the 3D floor mats were about Rs 5,500.

I am leaving the HU as is and gonna go for speaker+amp+sub at soundworks (based on positive reviews here)
Old 1st November 2012, 17:51   #1319
BHPian

Another update -

Booking has been stopped for (in Delhi) -
  • Diesel RXE 85
  • Diesel RXL 110 (Opt)
One Dealer claims that this is coz production for these versions has been discontinued. Another says that these models are the most popular and Renault wants to deliver the current bookings before taking any more orders. Quite contrasting views!!

Also, Renault is probably hiking the ex-showroom price of the Duster again. (expected in Jan 2013). Looks like Renault wants to squeeze maximum margin from the Duster which is the only vehicle in its stable selling like hot cakes!!!

TBHPians... any update/news on petrol Duster will be really helpful.

Thanks!
Old 1st November 2012, 18:08   #1320

I was in Pondicherry last week, and my 110PS was parked in the open. With all the heavy rains, I did not observe any water ingress in to the cabin. The only precaution taken was to keep the water channel below the windscreen clear of accumulated leaves. Now, for the better part....

Left Puducherry Yesterday Afternoon, and drove to Bangalore, Along with CYCLONE NILAM, via Thindivanam-Vanadavasi-Vellore-Krishnagiri-Hosur-Bangalore, clocking just less than 400 KM, all in heavy wind, torrential downpour, and poor visibility. The handling was excellent on wet roads, and even at speeds of 100+ on wet roads, never once did I feel uncomfortable. Excellent grip on the road, and the wipers (front and rear) working at full speed, for all the eight hours or so. When one did hit big puddles of water(1 ft plus), especially at high speeds, the water had a tendency to come on the windscreen.

On reaching Bangalore, An Inspection of the Engine compartment revealed a spic and span engine, not a single drop of water ingress / spray. Extremely happy and satisfied
Karthi1509 is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks