Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 16:52   #1351
BANNED

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Moderator, please delete this post if it is not appropriate to post.

I've been allocated 85PS RXL with Option Pack (Woodland Brown Metallic - Booked on 16th July, 2012). Car has been allocated and delivery is scheduled next week before Diwali. For some personal reason I won't be able to take the delivery of the Car for which I was waiting for a long time.

If anyone is willing to get it immediately in Bangalore then he can PM me.

I've checked with the dealer and they told that Vehicle can be directly registered in anyone's name.

Regards

Rakesh

Last edited by GTO : 9th November 2012 at 15:41. Reason: Trust me, you don't want your personal details out on a large public forum
micrographics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 17:53   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesmith View Post
Hi Duster Mates

The central locking switch does not lock all the four doors, the driver and the co passenger locks can be opened from inside .No, they are not speed locking, it did check it out. GTO mentioned that it can be activated via the ECU , but Renault Trivandrum guys have no clue about it. Any help is appreciated. Has any body got it done ?.
The same issue was with my Scorpio (Nippon OEM system), however some settings were changed by the service person in the security system (not the ECU) and now the passenger doors cannot be opened from inside if the system is armed. I guess it would be similar technology in the Duster.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 00:02   #1353

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesmith View Post
Hi Duster Mates

The central locking switch does not lock all the four doors, the driver and the co passenger locks can be opened from inside .No, they are not speed locking, it did check it out. GTO mentioned that it can be activated via the ECU , but Renault Trivandrum guys have no clue about it. Any help is appreciated. Has any body got it done ?

Else enjoying the ride, RXL 110 , clocked 1000 Kms, Max Speed of 120 at 2.5K RPM,Yes there is a bit of lag, but surely not a deal breaker.No rattles as of now.
Hi Bonesmith, The central locking do lock all the doors. Infact that's an added feature of duster that you open the navigator and driver's doors from inside without using the central locking switch everytime (very useful when u want get out of the car quickly)
jsing3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 01:23   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead1981 View Post
I have got ICE upgrade done for my brown beast. Got the front speakers changed to focal components, back to focal co-axials and added a cerwin vega 4 channel amplifier. Got these done aftermarket at RM car decors Coimbatore. Now the sound quality is much better.
Can you provide more details like the size of speakers and how well they fit in doors, how is vibration of doors.

I will be getting my duster soon and already getting 5 channel amp from US.

I will be using Infinity speakers from my existing cars which are components 6030CS (front) and rear 9633i (oval shape). Any idea, will they fit in duster.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:27   #1355
BHPian

Breaking news. Renault has launched a light blue color for Duster! Just kidding . This is how a grey Duster looks when exposed to extreme sunlight. Source: A friend's facebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-68087_454032984659456_1525239564_n.jpg  

suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 13:44   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26

Can you provide more details like the size of speakers and how well they fit in doors, how is vibration of doors.

I will be using Infinity speakers from my existing cars which are components 6030CS (front) and rear 9633i (oval shape). Any idea, will they fit in duster.
Hi

The size I think is 5 and half inches, the guy who did it said that is the only one that fits. Mine was the fourth duster he was ICEING. He is pretty good at what he does and got his reference from fellow bhpians

I had asked him regarding damping of doors considering how tinny the doors of my TD vehicle were sounding. He was convinced that it is not necessary and after using ICE for few days now I don't find the doors vibrating at all.

Regarding your speakers, I think himadri had infinity speakers put in his duster maybe he can answer that one

Cheers
motorhead1981 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 14:03   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandy1981

Hey motorhead, i looking to do a similar setup on mine, could you please post on how much this costed.

Thanks!
Hi

The front focal components 10K
Back focal co-axials 8K
Cerwin vega 4 channel amp 17K
CONNECTION wires 3.5 K
Fitting around 2 K
Left the HU as such

Total around 40 K

Hope this helps

Cheers
motorhead1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 16:01   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post

Hello Niv, as Motorhead1981 had mentioned, the original speakers are 5.5 inches.
But 6 in speakers do go in.
I had the Primus PR 6500cs Infinity component fitted in the same space but after clipping off the screw holes on the speakers.
You can then put the car's original speaker cover or fit the new cover as I did
here.

Renault Duster : Official Review-speaker.jpg

But your choice is Infinity Reference 6030cs 6.5-Inch.
To get this fitted, you need to add a adapter brackets below the speaker.
My dealer initially suggested these but I found out simple clipping does my job.
I would suggest to go for the 6 inches, as adding brackets would make the top head heavy
(since front speakers are fitted sideways) and with jerks, in due time play will develop around the screws that hold the speakers and brackets.

How to get the ovals fitted in the rear, you will get that in my thread too.
I choose those rear places as I need the entire boot for my trips.

Get the fittings done by one single person, supervise the entire work at all times and try to do the fittings at an odd time.
Frequent flying customers may make your mech loose his patients.

Trust me, there will be no door noise if all the fittings are done correctly.
himadrimondal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 18:40   #1359

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Dusty. Yes you are correct. That is me and my car except it was my dad's home. Where is your home?

My feedback was overall positive and mainly complained about the rattles that I was hearing in the trunk, wiper leaving traces of water, not able to see switches in dark (suggested it should be backlit always), no rear vents for other trims than top trim. not so comfortable driver seat for long drives (firm and no lower back support and does not feel snug, and bluetooth phone connectivity has echo on the other side occasionally. For each of my complain they asked if this is a deal breaker and I told them that it was not
They didn't ask for dealer feedback though.
@Thalavoy: My home is in Ganesh Avenue, Porur .

@ I am really frustrated to the core with the dealer. They told me that the vehicle would be delivered by 1st or 2nd of November. I made my balance payment and also gave the DD from Bank to them last week itself believing their word that the vehicle would be delivered in 1 or 2 days.

It is now 1 week since i made my full payment, and everyday am calling them to get the status and they are dragging saying tomorrow. Yesterday they told me that the vehicle has come and said registration would be done today. I gave all the docs yesterday and today they are saying that the sale date is the same day or some nonsense and so they cant register the vehicle. They did not show me the vehicle yet and said it is in their yard which is out of city.

Am really frustrated to the core now and suspect if they really got the vehicle or they are just playing with me. This after i made a payment of 10.5 Lakhs to them. And as today is missed, even if the vehicle is there, the registration cant happen till next wednesday.

Is there any option for me now ? Can a dealer take 10 days or more to deliver vehicle after getting the full payment. Please provide me some options. Am really low as i feel very bad about my first buying experience of a car. Even thinking of going to consumer court against these useless people who are spoiling the brand here. Am sure they are going to go down very soon. They can't establish a brand with an experience like this.
Old 9th November 2012, 22:23   #1360
BHPian

thanks for details, How it is looking in person. It seems they are little odd.

Isn't suppose to be tweeter fit in the corner of this place?
Old 10th November 2012, 07:25   #1361
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
@Thalavoy: My home is in Ganesh Avenue, Porur .

@ I am really frustrated to the core with the dealer. They told me that the vehicle would be delivered by 1st or 2nd of November. I made my balance payment and also gave the DD from Bank to them last week itself believing their word that the vehicle would be delivered in 1 or 2 days.

It is now 1 week since i made my full payment, and everyday am calling them to get the status and they are dragging saying tomorrow. Yesterday they told me that the vehicle has come and said registration would be done today. I gave all the docs yesterday and today they are saying that the sale date is the same day or some nonsense and so they cant register the vehicle. They did not show me the vehicle yet and said it is in their yard which is out of city.

Am really frustrated to the core now and suspect if they really got the vehicle or they are just playing with me. This after i made a payment of 10.5 Lakhs to them. And as today is missed, even if the vehicle is there, the registration cant happen till next wednesday.

Is there any option for me now ? Can a dealer take 10 days or more to deliver vehicle after getting the full payment. Please provide me some options. Am really low as i feel very bad about my first buying experience of a car. Even thinking of going to consumer court against these useless people who are spoiling the brand here. Am sure they are going to go down very soon. They can't establish a brand with an experience like this.
@Dusty

Yesterday, when I'd chat with my dealer he told that once the vehicle arrives in their yard, they have 5-6 days to complete all the work including registration.

If dealer is saying that vehicle has already arrived in their yard, then you just collect VIN No. from him and can go directly to their yard to inspect the vehicle. He can't refuse.
Old 10th November 2012, 08:11   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Thanks, will stick with the Wanderers. I am more concerned about the Alignment/Balancing issues in a new car.
I was a early bird, booked in March..

Any one knows of a place where I can get a good rear biker guard for the Duster? or Some Chrome bling bling for the ORVMs?
For rear guard you can go with brand "Welcome".Their products are of good quality.
Other place is Gurgaon, a shop there who specialize in guards for almost all vehices.I don't have the name or address.
I will collect more information on this.
About bling OVRMs, i guess accessory shops must have these, if they are made for DUSTER yet.
I have seen OVRMs fitted with side repeaters on Duster at showroom.
But the quality was not up to the mark.
So i would stick with the OEM's or you can get wrap on chromed plastic plates, which are fixed with Double tape,but again are they made for Duster yet, i am not sure.
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 17:18   #1363

Hi Rakesh,

I am very interested. How can I contact you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Moderator, please delete this post if it is not appropriate to post.

I've been allocated 85PS RXL with Option Pack (Woodland Brown Metallic - Booked on 16th July, 2012). Car has been allocated and delivery is scheduled next week before Diwali. For some personal reason I won't be able to take the delivery of the Car for which I was waiting for a long time.

If anyone is willing to get it immediately in Bangalore then he can PM me.

I've checked with the dealer and they told that Vehicle can be directly registered in anyone's name.

Regards

Rakesh
Old 10th November 2012, 21:42   #1364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearmusiclover View Post
Hi Rakesh,

I am very interested. How can I contact you?
clearmusiclover

Sorry to inform, that I've surrendered my booking.
Old 12th November 2012, 01:05   #1365
BHPian

Hi Fellow Duster Owners,

I went for the first service (which is more of an inspection) to Renault Thane on 10th Nov and the whole experience was very smooth and the staff was very friendly and eager to resolve my queries . Also lot of people have reported poor FM reception to them and they are in touch with Renault for the same (SA showed me the email exchange).

Has anyone on this forum had this issue resolved? They were however not aware of the BT issue, but i insisted that they report the same to Renault as well. I also pointed out to external odours, they checked the possibilities but were not able to offer any concrete clue on this. Any solution on this one, anyone??

Overall, the car has given an FE of 16 for first 2000 KM with mostly city driving.

Planning to upgrade ICE and add seat covers. Can anyone suggest a good car decor guy in Thane (Preferably GB road). Also saw this fabulous Tiara Alloy at a dealer in Thane. What's the feedback..?
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-t126-1665-hs.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks