Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2013, 11:00   #2686
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Well just noticed that Ironman have released a suspension upgrade (Lift Kit) for the Duster

Renault Duster : Official Review-1000838_496389363764781_606039854_n.jpg

@ Renault , Nissan - Launch the 4x4 now
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 11:06   #2687
Senior - BHPian

How is the Ecosport impacting duster now ?
Does anyone know the waiting periods in Bangalore any news about offers/discounts ?
Old 11th July 2013, 14:48   #2688

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Requesting all 110 PS Duster owners to check for a faint whine like sound coming from the engine area after the ignition key is turned on but engine not running.
I hear a whine like sound, is anyone hearing the same?

Edit: Called up my service advisor, he mentioned its the power steering relay getting activated.
Nothing to worry.
Your Service Advisor is right. It is the Power Steering Pump circuit. Put your Key in the second click position to avoid this and the battery drain associated with it.

I am having a creeking sound from the Body (RxE), if the vehicle moves slowly over rough roads.Is it normal? Vehicle Purchased: August 2012.

Mod Note : Posts merged and edited.

Please avoid typing with excessive dots....like....this. Also, please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 11th July 2013 at 15:01. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 11th July 2013, 15:25   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_duster View Post
I am having a creeking sound from the Body (RxE), if the vehicle moves slowly over rough roads.Is it normal? Vehicle Purchased: August 2012.
Good to know you are August batch too, I too belong to the same batch.
I guess the creaking sound is more due to dirt sticking to the suspension.
This generally happens when the car is subjected to a lot of rain water and dirt with subsequent drying.
Try to give your car a good wash, specially the suspension areas and underneath. Check thereafter.
I clean my car every time its subjected to rains.
Old 11th July 2013, 15:44   #2690

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Good to know you are August batch too, I too belong to the same batch.
I guess the creaking sound is more due to dirt sticking to the suspension.
This generally happens when the car is subjected to a lot of rain water and dirt with subsequent drying.
Try to give your car a good wash, specially the suspension areas and underneath. Check thereafter.
I clean my car every time its subjected to rains.
Thanks HM...The creaking sound appears to come from the B-Pillar and the panel between the doors...Also I have upgraded to Alloys so the wheels are now much lighter. Done: 16,790 Kms...getting an average of around 15 kml in the city. Hyderabad.
Old 11th July 2013, 17:30   #2691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I some how remember you (not sure, if it was some else) posting a snap. Does it not take away the functionality of the bottle holder?

No not, only if you want to open the console box fully you need to be careful to not place an tall bottle in the holder otherwise everything is ok.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 18:39   #2692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
As i was discussing on TBHP, i got a good deal from true value for my swift which is matching the prices from private parties. But that is including the exchange bonus.

This will save me the hassles and i get to walk in with old car and walkout with new Ertiga in about 10 days or so. So giving it a serious thought now. I am tired of hunting for new cars and posting in almost every thread. Mods might be very happy that i will go silent now.
Thats a good one! As long as it satisfies what you want !

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Darn! I think we should never discuss a car purchase until we've bought one.

Moved our discussion to the Duster thread.

I was in the same predicament when I got my Duster last year. I have the 85 RXL (O). I looked at Jazz too. And we felt it would be claustrophobic for long drives and 1.2 was a bit too low. With the 1.5 iDtech it might be good. But thats another year to go.

I TDed the Ertiga too! Found the diesel to be very good. As you said, even I was not looking for 7 seats but comfy 5 + luggage. Fusion had this going for me. But some how the Ertiga looks were shot down. at home. As per me, its the best offering for the price out there.

Since I was looking at C-segment, the top end 85 was right there with its introductory pricing. Agreed even the introductory pricing is a lakh above top end Ecosport. But my logic was when I was not wanting to buy an Ecsosport, why compare the price with it ! Hence from that point of view, it did not matter to me. I think that is how you should look at it as well. The moment you take a vehicle out of the equation for your purchase, its pricing part should also be eradicated from your consideration.

I had already realised a year back before the release of Ecosport that it wont work out for me thanks to rear space. Hence went with Duster. Its good see vehicles like Ecosport coming up in the market. But all said and done, we also need to be pragmatic with our approach to what our requirements are, and decide accordingly.

Last edited by ampere : 11th July 2013 at 18:46.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 21:28   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was in the same predicament when I got my Duster last year. I have the 85 RXL (O). I looked at Jazz too. And we felt it would be claustrophobic for long drives and 1.2 was a bit too low. With the 1.5 iDtech it might be good. But thats another year to go.

I TDed the Ertiga too! Found the diesel to be very good. As you said, even I was not looking for 7 seats but comfy 5 + luggage. Fusion had this going for me. But some how the Ertiga looks were shot down. at home. As per me, its the best offering for the price out there.

Since I was looking at C-segment, the top end 85 was right there with its introductory pricing. Agreed even the introductory pricing is a lakh above top end Ecosport. But my logic was when I was not wanting to buy an Ecsosport, why compare the price with it ! Hence from that point of view, it did not matter to me. I think that is how you should look at it as well. The moment you take a vehicle out of the equation for your purchase, its pricing part should also be eradicated from your consideration.

I had already realised a year back before the release of Ecosport that it wont work out for me thanks to rear space. Hence went with Duster. Its good see vehicles like Ecosport coming up in the market. But all said and done, we also need to be pragmatic with our approach to what our requirements are, and decide accordingly.
I'm still not ruling out the EcoSport because it hasn't ceased to make sense for my requirements yet. So the car and its pricing are still very much in consideration. As of right now, I simply cannot bring myself to plonk 2+ lakhs for 5-10cms more of seat width (not trying to offend the owners here), because that is a lot of money for me.

But I do get your point and if EcoSport ceases to not make sense for my requirements, I'll have no qualms ignoring it. Good vehicles will come keep coming and going, but I can only choose the best that will give me the most for my money. Never thought I'd even look at the Ertiga (given the segment it is in) but it's now a thought (even though I'm least fond of Maruti's dull and drab interiors - IMO only).

The refreshed Jazz seems to have more space (it was already spacious) and will get the 1.5 diesel that's in the Amaze. Will be interesting to see what Nissan does with the Terrano (more than any other segment's prospective customers, the ones waiting for Duster are those that will keenly wait for it, I'm guessing).

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2013 at 21:30.
Old 11th July 2013, 21:44   #2694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As of right now, I simply cannot bring myself to plonk 2+ lakhs for 5-10cms more of seat width (not trying to offend the owners here), because that is a lot of money for me.
Oh very much! The pricing is atrocious. Hope some sense prevails. Not at all worth at the current levels. The introductory pricing stood at about 12.5L OTR Bangalore for 85 top end. Out of which 40-45K was an extra tax to govt just because ex-BLR price just caused 10L thanks to VAT and others!

I had the same thoughts about Ertiga. But when I tried it, realized that its a fantastic package for its utility and VFM. But then it got shot down thanks to its looks.

But I am sure of one thing: Nissan cannot make a Terrano better than Duster in terms of interiors and sell it at a cheaper price. At best I have been guessing that, Duster would come to introductory price and Terrano come in at the point of current Duster pricing.

Last edited by ampere : 11th July 2013 at 21:47.
Old 11th July 2013, 22:15   #2695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had the same thoughts about Ertiga. But when I tried it, realized that its a fantastic package for its utility and VFM. But then it got shot down thanks to its looks.

But I am sure of one thing: Nissan cannot make a Terrano better than Duster in terms of interiors and sell it at a cheaper price. At best I have been guessing that, Duster would come to introductory price and Terrano come in at the point of current Duster pricing.
Yup, Ertiga definitely not a looker considering better vehicles around (but design is subjective and all that blah...).

If Duster reduces prices back to levels prevailing at the time of launch, nothing would piss the most recent customers off than that, don't you think? It might set a bad reputation for the Renault brand itself, I would guess.. I remember the 1.3+L price cut Honda announced on the Jazz didn't go down well with all customers and how Jazz suffered is there for all to see (I know memories of initial pricing were the major cause but a bad word of mouth publicity also hampered their future chances)..

Not to mention it may also hurt Renault's profits and ego badly. Will surely be interesting to see what happens. That both Renault and Nissan won't offer anymore badge engineered products in India must be a secret sigh of relief for both companies.

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2013 at 22:21.
Old 11th July 2013, 23:27   #2696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Y
If Duster reduces prices back to levels prevailing at the time of launch, nothing would piss the most recent customers off than that, don't you think?
+1. Very much like the Jazz. From a business point it makes sense. But market dynamics and customer point of view, it sucks.

But if Nissan sells the same build quality as Duster (which is what it is) with changes to interiors, I dont think its worth the premium.

It would good to see how Renault-Nissan come out of this hole.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 10:01   #2697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But if Nissan sells the same build quality as Duster (which is what it is) with changes to interiors, I dont think its worth the premium.

It would good to see how Renault-Nissan come out of this hole.
Yeah, very few individuals might pay more for design asthetics on a car that people have already called out loud as pricey.

If Nissan's 16th July launch is a credible date, then we just need to wait 4 days to find out.
Old 12th July 2013, 11:01   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
For those not particular about brand but keen to protect the Duster boot space/carpet; I have a RxZ 110; I use the Verna's boot rubber mat, not the Fluidic Verna but old Verna. Fits perfectly. Cheers
Thanks I am looking for a rubber boot mat. But the dealerships do not have any. Can you post a photo of what the Verna mat looks like inside the Duster?
Old 12th July 2013, 11:37   #2699
BHPian

there is an "Elegant" branded rubber mat for the Duster boot.. Just got it recently .. 300 odd bucks.. Light weight and looks very cleanable.. I got the guy to attach some velcro strip to all the corners so that it doesnt move abt and easy to take out when I wanna clean it
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 11:42   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
there is an "Elegant" branded rubber mat for the Duster boot.. Just got it recently .. 300 odd bucks.. Light weight and looks very cleanable.. I got the guy to attach some velcro strip to all the corners so that it doesnt move abt and easy to take out when I wanna clean it
Can you please share the place from where did you it?

Most Viewed