Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 10:31   #5701
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Have you checked the nozzle holes for the front windshield? If it is blocked, clear it by blowing air. Do not use any pointed objects like needle, pin etc.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 09:38   #5702
BHPian

Wanted to share a recent issue and resolution with my OE LG Media NAV of my Duster 85PS (option) 2013 model:

While starting the vehicle, there was no audio on the system. Then, I restart the engine, sometimes more than once, after a pause of a few seconds, and the audio resumes. The frequency of this issue increased progressively and at times repeated attempts of restarts helped. The service guys checked and could not detect any issue. Meanwhile I realised that the battery was also due for a change after 4 years usage and there was little drag while kick starting the engine. On Replacing the battery, the issue was resolved and its back to normal.

While on the topic, I also have this queer issue with OE bluetooth never working reliably. While the bluetooth connection is established which is seen by the battery indicator on the display, nothing else seems to works i.e.. phone, media, etc. This was also demonstrated to the service guy right at the beginning during warranty and they even replaced the head unit. The issue remains as on date. On some days, it all runs fine. I have tried this with different phones as well. Hence, now I use a Jabra carphone instead and it work smooth as ever. Renault doesn't have a clue to date.

Any experiences /suggestions would help. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
I have had a couple of problems with my Duster.

First off, there is a difficulty (sometimes) in shifting from first to second gear. I am glad that DieselLover has mentioned in his post that this is a known issue. So, I will need to pay a visit to the service centre since my Duster is still under extended warranty.

Lately, the front windscreen washer is not throwing water on the screen. Infact, there is no water being sprayed on the front windscreen, while the rear screen washer works absolutely fine and the water spray works fine too. Would anyone have a clue as to what may be causing this unusual behaviour?
---
I have had the same issue in gear shift. Post several visits and escalations, it was finally replaced the relevant parts (not the entire gear assembly) an the problem was resolved. It was covered under warranty.

Last edited by SDP : 6th November 2017 at 14:20. Reason: Please use EDIT instead of posting back to back.
sunny13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 12:32   #5703
BHPian

My duster has run 44k kms in 4.5 years. It has been mostly start stop traffic of Delhi - Gurgaon. Lately I have observed that while releasing clutch from 1st gear, there is some shuddering. This is not faced in any other gear and there is not observable change in acceleration and the vehicle speed wrt rpm is similar to earlier observation (80 kmpr ~ 2k rpm).

I took it to Renault service center in Delhi for diagnosis. SA took a short test drive and their diagnosis is that clutch assembly and flywheel needs replacement.

Estimated Costs -

Clutch - 23k
Flywheel - 13k
Labour - 7k

I have tried doing clutch slip test from one of the videos from google where 3rd gear is engaged and clutch is slowly released. If the car stalls, its sign of good clutch. My car also stalled.

Does my car actually require new clutch & flywheel ? I am thinking of taking car to FNG if they can sort it out reliably and in a comparatively less expensive way.
Old 7th November 2017, 13:43   #5704
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Does my car actually require new clutch & flywheel ? I am thinking of taking car to FNG if they can sort it out reliably and in a comparatively less expensive way.
I am guessing your's is the 110. My friend had the exact same issue and ran it for about 70K kms before clutch replacement. My suggestion is to just keep using until it gets really bad. The expense is huge and the new one will last only for another 60K to 70K
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 14:54   #5705
Senior - BHPian

My BIL's Duster AMT is plagued by the Oil leak and smoke issue. The dealer once replaced the turbo hoses under warranty but after a couple of months, oil found its way out. The service centre lacks competency to fix the problem. Then there is the smoke issue evident from initial run-in period to 12.5K km's till date.

Renault Duster : Official Review-oil_leak_01.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-oil_leak_02.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-oil_leak_03.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-smoke_04.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 7th November 2017 at 19:05. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 15:39   #5706
BHPian

Yikes and thanks for sharing. Looks like I'll have to pop the lid and look at the exhaust once in a while on mine.
Old 7th November 2017, 20:34   #5707
BHPian

Hi,

I have installed a 2din GPS Navigation TouchScreen Car DVD Player with reverse camera which was bought from USA.

1. The GPS SD card has US maps, how do I get India maps loaded? Should I contact Map My India?
2. I need to buy a different reverse camera as the one which came with the unit is not suitable for bumper mounting. Any suggestions for reverse camera brand, price and a good shop at Bangalore to fix it?

Thank you.
Old 8th November 2017, 11:49   #5708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I am guessing your's is the 110. My friend had the exact same issue and ran it for about 70K kms before clutch replacement. My suggestion is to just keep using until it gets really bad. The expense is huge and the new one will last only for another 60K to 70K
Sorry, I forgot to mention, its a 85.
Old 9th November 2017, 10:59   #5709
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot to mention, its a 85.
85 bhp doesn't require fly wheel change. The 110 requires since it is dual mass flywheel. They maybe trying to take your for a ride. My brother in laws 85 ps ran about 150K on the original clutch. The problem that I was referring to is specific to 110 ps.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 18:37   #5710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Any idea why the dash clock time would change when I had not given for any servicing recently? Anything I need to be checking? The model RxZ 110 PS Diesel. Thanks n cheers
Weak battery cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
I have had a couple of problems with my Duster.

First off, there is a difficulty (sometimes) in shifting from first to second gear. I am glad that DieselLover has mentioned in his post that this is a known issue. So, I will need to pay a visit to the service centre since my Duster is still under extended warranty.
In 85PS, the random gear stuck (1 - 2) is a known issue. If you were following the duster club in fb, you would have known about this and the issue is with the master - slave cylinder for most of the cars and in a very few with synchroniser. Usually they will start with a clutch bleeding and if persists, they will take all the measurements and based on that they will suggest a solution from either of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Just wanted to share this information for other duster owners having problem with blue tooth clarity in the OE system.

I coudln't use my OE blue tooth as the mic was inaudible to the person on the other end. It was so bad, that I stopped using my OE blue tooth and started using ear phones. In my 40K service, I complained and they applied some patch to the system which made it much better and I am finally able to use my OE blue tooth.
Renault have some patches for that, however its not completely solved as it has no active noise cancellation. However there is an effective solution. If you do the sound proofing, its been observed that the voice been crisp and clear at the other side (based on the reviews from the users) eventhough its a side benefit of that. Its due to the proper sound absorbtion and cutting down the external noise inside the cabin. Many cars in our duster forum have done the sound proofing and all have the same response.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 9th November 2017 at 18:38.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 22:21   #5711
BHPian

Quote:
I had similar issues with my 85 Ps at 70k. I was told the clutch is gone and might need replacement in another 20k kms. I continued using and surprisingly the problem self rectified in another 10k kms. Now I'm at 116k kms and guess the clutch will last me another 20-30k kms easy.
I suggest to delay the replacement of you can live with the slight shuddering. It might go away on it's own.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 10:25   #5712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
My BIL's Duster AMT is plagued by the Oil leak and smoke issue. The dealer once replaced the turbo hoses under warranty but after a couple of months, oil found its way out. The service centre lacks competency to fix the problem.
I had the same problem in my now sold Lodgy. The oil leak from the turbo plumbing couldn't be solved by the service centre. Attaching pictures of the same. I reckon this happens with reckless fixing of those hoses during service. I remember this phenomenon begin after few 100 kms of my 20k service. Although I don't have the Lodgy, would love to hear if its been solved.

EDIT: I remember a private mechanic telling me it was fuel leak due to faulty fuel pump. He took some of that grime and had a smell and told me it was diesel. Sadly, until I sold my car, I couldn't get to the bottom of that.
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_0835.jpg
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_0834.jpg

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 14th November 2017 at 10:27.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 17:01   #5713
BHPian

My Duster is due for 40K service. Which would be the best ASC in Bangalore? Have been going to the KR Puram one for the previous ones. Thinking of changing due to the distance. Is the Indiranagar one good? What about the Silk Board one?
Old 15th November 2017, 17:18   #5714
Senior - BHPian

The service center at Hosur is less crowded and good, my BIL was happy with the quality of work during the last service. Check this link,

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...olDmwQ_BIIeDAK
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 11:16   #5715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The service center at Hosur is less crowded and good, my BIL was happy with the quality of work during the last service. Check this link,

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...olDmwQ_BIIeDAK
Hmm that might be a little too far for me, the Silk Board one will be closer. Any feedback on that one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks