Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2017, 12:21   #5716
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Good for replacement of parts under warranty, the technicians are poor at diagnosis! The location of the service center is not convenient at Indiranagar.

Last edited by deehunk : 16th November 2017 at 12:23.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 16:32   #5717
BHPian

Whitefield ASC lost its shine after the earlier SM decided to move out of India for personal reasons..silk board has had many horror stories amongst the Duster community I was part of.
Mysore road ASC has few specific service advisor's like Vinay S and Padmesh G and are genuine and worth a try..if you are not adverse to the distance..
This week you also have the Winter camp going on with freebies and discounts on offer..so it should be just the right time!

Last edited by soumobakshi : 16th November 2017 at 16:34.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 08:34   #5718
BHPian

Hi All

I recently bought a used 2015 Duster RxL DCI (O). I am still exploring the vehicle and trying to understand its dynamics.

Today morning when I started the duster and was idling for around 30-45 seconds like always, suddenly all the lights flickered once. After that I observed that the trip meter had set to zero and touch screen was not getting switched on.

I will check the fuse for the touch screen, but what I found amusing is that the trip meters setting to zero, any idea why it did so?

Regards
Old 20th November 2017, 10:32   #5719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I recently bought a used 2015 Duster RxL DCI (O). I am still exploring the vehicle and trying to understand its dynamics.
Congrats on your purchase. How old is your batter?

If the battery is new, and meter still resetting, get it checked.
I had a similar problem where my trip meter used to rest every 40kms and it was resolved after replacing the cluster meter, thankfully in warranty.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd November 2017 at 20:40. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 20th November 2017, 13:49   #5720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Congrats on your purchase. How old is your batter?

If the battery is new, and meter still resetting, get it checked.
Thanks,

The car is January 2015 and the battery has not been replaced. I was planning to take the car to the service center, will get the battery also checked.

Regards
Old 22nd November 2017, 00:33   #5721
BHPian

Quote:
The car is January 2015 and the battery has not been replaced. I was planning to take the car to the service center, will get the battery also checked.
Check the battery terminals, clean and tight the terminals and apply some petroleum jelly.

Last edited by ampere : 29th November 2017 at 11:14.
::CMS:: is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 12:03   #5722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
check the battery terminals, clean and tight the terminals and apply some petroleum jelly
Yesterday I checked the fuse of the MediaNav System. The fuse were all working and still the MediaNav system wouldn't switch on. Disconnected the battery terminals and reconnected after 5 minutes.

MediaNav started working, but the trip meter reset to zero again. Not sure what was the issue, but for now i am fine that its working.

I will clean the terminals and apply petroleum jelly in the weekend and also check all the connections.

Regards
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:44   #5723
BHPian

Hi fellow members

Please suggest me a good quality Polish/Wax for Duster.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like.... this....

Last edited by ampere : 23rd November 2017 at 20:40. Reason: dotty post
Old 26th November 2017, 09:02   #5724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
Hi fellow members

Please suggest me a good quality Polish/Wax for Duster.
You can try Jopasu AOCC053 Spray Wax with Microfiber. It comes at Rs 449/- in a 500 ml container with a microfiber cloth free.

Renault Duster : Official Review-jopasu-spray-wax.jpg

How to use
  1. Dust off or wash your car with Jopasu Car Shampoo to get rid of any dirt or dust particles.
  2. Do not wipe dry.
  3. Following steps to be done starting from the roof, proceeding to the hood, trunk and sides.
  4. Spray Jopasu Spray Wax onto a 2ft X 2ft wet surface.
  5. Buff with a complete dry Microfiber in a circular motion to generate an excellent depth of gloss.
Notes
  1. Ensure vehicle is not under direct sunlight while polishing.
  2. If the Microfiber cloth becomes wet, fold and use other sides of the cloth. Wipe dry.
  3. Do NOT use Jopasu Spray Wax on warm/hot surfaces.
Company website --> http://jopasu.com/products/exterior-...ants/spray-wax

Here is the link on Amazon --> https://www.amazon.in/Jopasu-AOCC053...VC8EPP4ZG19T6G

I am using this for 2 years now with excellent results. I use it on my TUV3OO once a month. Gives wet glossy finish to the paint. Car looks new even after 2 years. Other advantages:
  1. Dust can be wiped off the surface very easily with duster
  2. You can feel the smooth surface when you hold the handles for opening doors
  3. Water can be wiped easily from the wax coated surface
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 17:01   #5725
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All

Regards
The used duster which I bought had run 42K KMS and I have used it for 800 KMS after buying it. The 40K service was done at 39.5K KMS by the previous owner and engine oil changed. As per the bill, the engine oil is elf fully synthetic oil.

Today, when I was generally checking the engine through the dip stick. The engine oil appeared to be black and thick. Does a fully synthetic engine oil get so black and thick in 3300 KMS?

When compared to my palio engine oil which is on Shell semi synthetic has run for 4K after engine oil. The engine oil still has golden transparent color.

Also, how do I open the air filter box. Do I have to unscrew filter box? I can't see any clamps like other cars and can only see around 6 screws.

Regards
Old 27th November 2017, 19:41   #5726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
You can try Jopasu AOCC053 Spray Wax with Microfiber. It comes at Rs 449/- in a 500 ml container with a microfiber cloth free.
Thanks for posting such a detailed response. I need to follow monthly routine of polishing as the car has been polished only thrice in last 11 months.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding.

Last edited by ampere : 29th November 2017 at 11:15.
Old 29th November 2017, 09:20   #5727
BHPian

Quote:
Also, how do I open the air filter box. Do I have to unscrew filter box? I can't see any clamps like other cars and can only see around 6 screws.

Regards
Only the AWDs have the clamp type air filter box. The normal 110/85 don't have that. I believe the new gen 110 have the clamp on as well. But since your car is pre-owned, it must be the pre-facelift one. You will have t unscrew to replace air filter.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 07:14   #5728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
But since your car is pre-owned, it must be the pre-facelift one. You will have t unscrew to replace air filter.

That's not very convenient isn't it. So i can't do a quick DIY air filter cleaning before long drives.

Regards
Old 30th November 2017, 09:43   #5729
BHPian

If it is really an issue, may be you could see if you can upgrade to the one available in the newer version? That may let you clean it out easier.
Old 30th November 2017, 09:53   #5730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi View Post
If it is really an issue, may be you could see if you can upgrade to the one available in the newer version? That may let you clean it out easier.
Not an real issue, but an inconvenience to say. Every weekend I have the habit of cleaning the air filter, checking coolant/oil levels and carrying out DIY on the car to keep it in shape.

Also, I am teaching my 9 year old son about the nitty-gritty of maintaining the car and preparing the car for a long drive. So I have to be aware before showing him, don't want my son to pull up his tab to show me how its done.

Regards

Most Viewed