Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 18:33   #151
BHPian

Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
You are most welcome,and I am pleasantly surprised that you were given a new car.Maybe because your car wasn't registered.

Anyway,all that matters is the issue was resolved.

CPC2 is highly recommended for Cruze,suggest you stick to stock size.Even with stock tyres my car has scraped a dozen times.

Mine is a Sand-drift Grey Cruze too.Despite our car being registered GM agreed to replace the car if they couldn't resolve the issue.
I did not quite understand what did you mean by - scraped a dozen times

I checked with a few reliable tyre dealers in Delhi and none of them carry Continenetals due low demand and poor after sales. My cousin who is car enthusiast has an opinion that until and unless you go at least one change in size - it's not worth changing the stock tyres. Again, are the JK's that bad that they need to be changed. Now when I think of it I am not too sure whether I could really appreciate the diference in drive on the Yokos on the sand drift Cruze.

Also the dealership and service centre highly recommend Bridgestones.
Old 23rd September 2012, 18:40   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch82 View Post

I checked with a few reliable tyre dealers in Delhi and none of them carry Continenetals due low demand and poor after sales. My cousin who is car enthusiast has an opinion that until and unless you go at least one change in size - it's not worth changing the stock tyres. Again, are the JK's that bad that they need to be changed. Now when I think of it I am not too sure whether I could really appreciate the diference in drive on the Yokos on the sand drift Cruze.

I have scraped the underbelly quite a few times under heavy load thanks to gigantic speed breakers.

Regarding the tyres honestly I have experience only with stock tyres.All I can say is they last long if one takes care while driving.I have bridgestones on my SX4 ZXI and they have lasted pretty well.But road noise is slightly on the higher side.

Maybe other members here could help you if u mentioned what sort of roads you drive on.

Last edited by KINI : 23rd September 2012 at 18:42.
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:53   #153
BHPian

Quote:

Difference is substantial. Especially if you even a bit of an enthusiast. The chassis begs for better rubber. When traveling at decent speeds on expressways you will have to slow down substantially to take those long curves. Not so if you change to import rubber. Cruze will take those curves with aplomb.

And about michelins not suiting india. Frankly its a load of crap. I've put my Michelin PLC through horrible non-roads and have covered 9000Kms without a single puncture (touchwood).
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:41   #154

I agree with Rangakishen about the Michelin. I have Michelins on my current Swift and it was only 20k+ that I got a errant nail removed in a puncture!

Anyways, I am fast spiraling down the path towards booking my Cruze AT - Olympic White soon (Loan approved, arranging finances)... And all I dream is parking my bottom in the driver's seat soon!

I might stick with Michelin's, haven't made my choice yet on the shoes for my soon to be GF ;-)
Old 23rd September 2012, 22:47   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwalker View Post
I agree with Rangakishen about the Michelin. I have Michelins on my current Swift and it was only 20k+ that I got a errant nail removed in a puncture!

Anyways, I am fast spiraling down the path towards booking my Cruze AT - Olympic White soon (Loan approved, arranging finances)... And all I dream is parking my bottom in the driver's seat soon!

I might stick with Michelin's, haven't made my choice yet on the shoes for my soon to be GF ;-)
Congratulations on your soon to be Cruze purchase! AT would be my choice too if I had a chance to buy again.

My CPC2s at the front are wearing out pretty fast superficially being as they are silicos.
Old 23rd September 2012, 23:49   #156
BHPian

Thank you all for the wishes. From a combined reading of all your inputs and elsewhere on the world wide web, I think I will not go in for CPC2 due to considerable negative feedbacks. I think my choice will build down to Yokos A series or maybe Bridgestones. I do not want to spend so much for the Michelins.

Also I require bluetooth phone connectivity for my work schedule and maybe I am not to keen on spending 50k for Caska due to the lack of positive reviews on the Internet. I read that a lot of navigation systems such as MMI and TomTom offer Bluetooth connectivity for cell phones. Does anyone have any experience using this feature on these systems ? Is the voice reception and clear enough and compared to the more expensive Bluetooth systems in the market ?

I will post my experience with the Cruze sometime this week.
Old 23rd September 2012, 23:53   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for the wishes. From a combined reading of all your inputs and elsewhere on the world wide web, I think I will not go in for CPC2 due to considerable negative feedbacks. I think my choice will build down to Yokos A series or maybe Bridgestones. I do not want to spend so much for the Michelins.

Also I require bluetooth phone connectivity for my work schedule and maybe I am not to keen on spending 50k for Caska due to the lack of positive reviews on the Internet. I read that a lot of navigation systems such as MMI and TomTom offer Bluetooth connectivity for cell phones. Does anyone have any experience using this feature on these systems ? Is the voice reception and clear enough and compared to the more expensive Bluetooth systems in the market ?

You can consider Jabra Bluetooth kit. See the review by fellow BHPian.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...er-review.html

Proper VFM product

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 24th September 2012, 12:54   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Kch82, So all the drama finally ends in a replacement car

I am glad to note the responsiveness of GM and dealership. It gives confidence for prospective buyers to go for the Cruze.

Quote:
Thank you all for the wishes. From a combined reading of all your inputs and elsewhere on the world wide web, I think I will not go in for CPC2 due to considerable negative feedbacks.
Care to point where you read the negative reviews of CPC2's? I am totally in love with them and feel they are perfect for the Cruze.

Quote:
Hope to see a full blown ownership review on the forum soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
My CPC2s at the front are wearing out pretty fast superficially being as they are silicos.
How much have you driven? My CPC2's at 32,000kms look almost new and there is not much wear at all. By the looks of it, I can use it easily for another 20,000kms.

My spare tyre is used only for 500kms and returned back into the boot. So its almost new.
Old 24th September 2012, 15:23   #159
BHPian

I have been following thie thread closely since last 1 month. And finally feel happy for Kch82 . I intend to book my LTZ in the next 6 months or so. Depending on the finance arrangements and family approval.

I have test driven Jetta, Cruze and Elantra. But by far, I feel Cruze offers best VFM for the product its offering. The "Features" loaded Elantra was eliminated 1st and then the Jetta - becoz of its obscene pricing. Finally CRUZE it is... But it will take sometime... And I am ready to wait for it...

Everyday, I check this thread and was tempted to write / scribble something. But now that Kch82's issue is resolved. I am happy for him. Kudos to Chevvy team I hope my experience of buying the car remains smooth. Though there is 6 months time, I am excited for the car from now itself. Hopefully the upgrade / facelift is launched by then. Enjoy your drive Kch82. Have a good one!!!
Old 24th September 2012, 15:35   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
How much have you driven? My CPC2's at 32,000kms look almost new and there is not much wear at all. By the looks of it, I can use it easily for another 20,000kms.

My spare tyre is used only for 500kms and returned back into the boot. So its almost new.
I have driven 21,000 Km and the front tires will last another 5,000 Km max. I guess it depends a lot on the roads in your area/city. 90% of my driving has been in Chennai. Although I have not noticed similar wear on other 2009/10 Cruze tires that mostly had JKs at the service center.
Old 24th September 2012, 16:33   #161
BHPian

Congrats kch82. Glad to know that everything got resolved without further problems and that you got a new car.

As for what you said about the car still pulling to the left, can other Cruze owners confirm if they have the same problem? It's almost as if this car was meant to be used in NASCAR .
Old 24th September 2012, 22:22   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Congrats kch82. Glad to know that everything got resolved without further problems and that you got a new car.

As for what you said about the car still pulling to the left, can other Cruze owners confirm if they have the same problem? It's almost as if this car was meant to be used in NASCAR .
Just a hunch here. The cruze has a particularly strong correcting action. I.E it straightens up after a turn pretty strongly. This leads me to believe that on surface even slightly banked tot he left, it will pull to the left. I say this because on most roads when I'm on the left lane (banked to left by a bit) my Cruze pull to the left. If I drive on the opposite lane (banked to the right slightly), it pulls to the right.

Don't know if this theory is right. Just a thought.
Old 24th September 2012, 23:55   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Just a hunch here. The cruze has a particularly strong correcting action. I.E it straightens up after a turn pretty strongly. This leads me to believe that on surface even slightly banked tot he left, it will pull to the left. I say this because on most roads when I'm on the left lane (banked to left by a bit) my Cruze pull to the left. If I drive on the opposite lane (banked to the right slightly), it pulls to the right.

Don't know if this theory is right. Just a thought.
I like the theory. But I definitely believe that this car is left side biased, which can be a bit of a concern if you are holding when very lightly or in a rare cruise control moment in India

I think I will go for the tyre change tomorrow. Still unsure of whether the stick to stock size or go for 215/55 R16. The short listed are the tried Yokos, CPC2 (hardly available in Delhi) or Michelins. I am just a little nervous that what if a size change or a particular make doesn't suit the car and makes it push more to the left (as I felt with the Yokos on the sand drift grey). But to be honest I really have not been able to appreciate much of a difference between the Yokos I tries earlier and the stock JKs. I drove on both of them on fairly open roads at speeds upto 110-120 km/hr and just found the JKs to be a bit noisier than the Yokos.

By the ways I am loving the blue on my Cruze. Gives it a very retro shade which I love.

I still have not figured to quote from various replies of members in one reply from my end - multi quote that will help me respond to all replies in one space.
Old 25th September 2012, 08:58   #164
BHPian

My Cruze heads straight. The only time it pulls to the side is when turbo kicks in and you experience torque steer. After 2 years, had an issue with uneven wear on tires which caused a slight pull to the right, which was fixed with switching the tire with the rear ones.
Old 25th September 2012, 12:18   #165
BHPian

I was driving the Cruze on the NH8 highway yesterday with a colleague and passed a Elantra Fluidic test drive car from quite close by.

My colleague immediately commented that the moment my Cruze drove past the Elantra from the right - it felt as if the Elantra just picked itself and shifted to the left... I just felt like one of those big bullys in school and got my money's worth at that moment.

Elantra is a good feature loaded car, but when it comes to the muscle under the hood...it's Cruze all the way !!!
kch82 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks