Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2012, 13:42   #226
BHPian

Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwalker View Post
I got my delivery of my White Steed today - the Cruze LTZ AT. Sweet car, and as KINI put it, the 2012 AT is way balanced car. I took delivery in Worli, drove to Thane in almost peak hour in Mumbai.
Hearty congrats to a new Cruze owner May each day of your ownership experience be as exhilarating as the day you laid hands on her! Can we all see some pics of your new beauty?

Also, how long did it take for delivery from the date of booking?
Vivek Jayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 19:49   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Jayan View Post
Hearty congrats to a new Cruze owner May each day of your ownership experience be as exhilarating as the day you laid hands on her! Can we all see some pics of your new beauty?

Also, how long did it take for delivery from the date of booking?
Thanks Vivek! Every KM I am clocking, I am enjoying the experience! I will put up some pictures this weekend, as I am a bit caught up at work.

Regarding delivery, the approach I followed was to get quotes from different dealers, and check on the stock availability. The dealers who have stock already at their depot, will usually offer better discounts (Due to increasing inventory costs). Even otherwise, the delivery time promised from the dealers is 1 week to 10 days max in Mumbai.

I chose to go with the stocked one since this dealer had the White and AT too. I got good discount too (Nearly 40k) and I got a zero dep comprehensive insurance done from HDFC Ergo for 37k instead of 56k of dealer, so in all saved a lot over the entire deal. Nett on road cost of the vehicle for me was 17.9L, considering a ex-showroom cost of 15.6L.

I booked on Oct 2nd and wanted delivery in Navaratri period anyways. There were delays in the disbursement from bank, but nevertheless my required delivery date of 23rd was honored effortlessly by the dealer.

The quicker availability of the car might be considering its Mumbai (The cars are manufactured in the Halol plant in Gujarat) and might vary for Trivandrum as logistics might be the key.

I hope the above info helps.
highwalker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 09:18   #228
BHPian

Congratulations @highwalker. Can't wait to see some pictures. I can see you smile each time you go out for a spin. It must feel amazing. Looking forward to your ownership thread with lots and lots of details. Until then, drive carefully and take care of that White Steed of yours.
Old 30th October 2012, 20:34   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vivek! Every KM I am clocking, I am enjoying the experience! I will put up some pictures this weekend, as I am a bit caught up at work.

Regarding delivery, the approach I followed was to get quotes from different dealers, and check on the stock availability. The dealers who have stock already at their depot, will usually offer better discounts (Due to increasing inventory costs). Even otherwise, the delivery time promised from the dealers is 1 week to 10 days max in Mumbai.

I chose to go with the stocked one since this dealer had the White and AT too. I got good discount too (Nearly 40k) and I got a zero dep comprehensive insurance done from HDFC Ergo for 37k instead of 56k of dealer, so in all saved a lot over the entire deal. Nett on road cost of the vehicle for me was 17.9L, considering a ex-showroom cost of 15.6L.

I booked on Oct 2nd and wanted delivery in Navaratri period anyways. There were delays in the disbursement from bank, but nevertheless my required delivery date of 23rd was honored effortlessly by the dealer.

The quicker availability of the car might be considering its Mumbai (The cars are manufactured in the Halol plant in Gujarat) and might vary for Trivandrum as logistics might be the key.

Thanks alot for the info Right now we're perplexed as to from which segment will we choose our long term highway machine from: C or D segment! So your experience is will definitely be taken into account. Do take your time to post some beautiful snaps of your new beast.

Regards.
Old 30th October 2012, 20:44   #230
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your new car. Cruze is a leaque of its own when it comes to power and anyone who loves driving will surely love the car. Like you rightly said - "Every km .." This is so true.

By the way a question, is your stepney alloy disc or steel disc.
Old 30th October 2012, 21:19   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Jayan View Post
Thanks alot for the info Right now we're perplexed as to from which segment will we choose our long term highway machine from: C or D segment! So your experience is will definitely be taken into account. Do take your time to post some beautiful snaps of your new beast.

Regards.
My apologies, for not posting my ownership review and snaps yet, work and especially the White Steed® has kept me busy!

If I were your adviser, I would advise you to go for the Cruze AT, and while I am not drag racing anymore as before (manual quick shifts), AT is giving me enough happiness in zipping past dull drivers who hang on the right most lanes, with a G-force which imprints the spinal formation on the back of the seat! AT is enough fun in itself without the clutch and the gears to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Congrats on your new car. Cruze is a leaque of its own when it comes to power and anyone who loves driving will surely love the car. Like you rightly said - "Every km .." This is so true.

By the way a question, is your stepney alloy disc or steel disc.
I have your previous question pending, and since the car is in the running-in period (I don't exceed 100kmph or sudden accelerations), I am getting 10 based on the MID long term avg display. This may be because of long stretches of the drive I usually encounter as a part of my drive to work (Thane to Bandra-Kurla Complex on the Eastern Express), but I still think its good since I am expecting it to go up after the first service (reassurance check) by atleast a few kmpl.

I have attached a pic taken today on my return drive back home (Sorry for slightly shaken pic, I was also driving at the time!):
2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review-img2012103000036.jpg

Regarding the current query, the spare wheel is a full spare with alloy and full profile tyre - simple jack up and replace kind.
highwalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 21:45   #232
BHPian

Thanks a lot for answering both my queries and I am impressed with the mileage that you have been able to get from your cruze AT. By the way do you drive the car in drive mode or triptronic to achieve this kind of FE. I tried it in D mode but could not go beyond 9. In triptronic though I could achieve around 9.6 (still few numbers shy of what you are achieveing.)

Edit: Sorry just saw the D mode for your FE. Mighty impressive.
Old 1st November 2012, 09:17   #233

Hey Cruze owners,

I have a few queries about the Cruze:
1. LTZ owners, the black leather, is it true leather or really faux leather? Does it need a seat cover? What have you done with yours?
2. Which fuel are you filling? Premium or regular diesel? Any additives like System-D, etc?
3. Tyre pressure: Chevy recommends 32psi for comfort and upto 39psi for Eco mode. What pressure do you run on and what is the mileage you are getting vs suspension hardness you are feeling? (At Premji's I got nitrogen filled to 32 as the technician said anything more will make the car bouncy and hurt the suspension)

While some of these points have been discussed in various ownership threads, and some are not, I just put these together to be at one place. These seem to be basic queries for a new owner, which might help other soon to be or just new owners of Cruze babe.
Old 1st November 2012, 11:35   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Cruze owners,

I have a few queries about the Cruze:
1. LTZ owners, the black leather, is it true leather or really faux leather? Does it need a seat cover? What have you done with yours?
2. Which fuel are you filling? Premium or regular diesel? Any additives like System-D, etc?
3. Tyre pressure: Chevy recommends 32psi for comfort and upto 39psi for Eco mode. What pressure do you run on and what is the mileage you are getting vs suspension hardness you are feeling? (At Premji's I got nitrogen filled to 32 as the technician said anything more will make the car bouncy and hurt the suspension)

While some of these points have been discussed in various ownership threads, and some are not, I just put these together to be at one place. These seem to be basic queries for a new owner, which might help other soon to be or just new owners of Cruze babe.
I have no clue whether it is leather or leatherette.But they are fine and very comfortable.There is no need for seat covers.If you still want one please go for all black.Use regular diesel.No premium please it can harm your car.I use 33psi on all four wheels and I'm fine with it.I drive 112 kms a day and I get somewhere between 11 and 12.That is fine because I touch high speeds!!

PS:Mine is 2011 LTZ MT
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 22:22   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I have no clue whether it is leather or leatherette.But they are fine and very comfortable.There is no need for seat covers.If you still want one please go for all black.Use regular diesel.No premium please it can harm your car.I use 33psi on all four wheels and I'm fine with it.I drive 112 kms a day and I get somewhere between 11 and 12.That is fine because I touch high speeds!!

PS:Mine is 2011 LTZ MT
Kini,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, much appreciated. I was suspecting it is faux leather, but will make some more tests to be sure. Seats are, of course, very comfortable, although my wife thinks the hard seats give direct feedback from the suspension!

Regarding fuel, I topped up with premium diesel as I took the White Steed out of the showroom, thought, it might do well with some horse gram (premium food other than hay) for the first feasting! I am not sure how premium could harm the engine since it contains additives rather than change in the fuel grade itself. I have read of other guys using System-D with regular fuel so I am not sure of the premium diesel being bad for the car. I am not sure Indian Cruze has DPF either (I checked the service manual and the user manual for DPF indication). So can you please elucidate why premium fuel will harm? My second refill was regular diesel and I see absolutely no difference in performance of the car! That can probably be attributed to the engine's excellent build quality.

I will keep you updated of the mileage after the first reassurance check, due to my long stretches, I think with AT I will be able to manage the 11~12kmpl.
I am still stuck with 9.9 to 10.2 kmpl currently and I have clocked about 600 odd km on the odo.

I use an app on my android which is called aCar, which allows me to maintain a vehicle log, calculates the tank to tank refill mileage, service costs, reminders for service, etc. It also produces statistics of usage, fuel cost changes wrt to fueling stations, and finally the cost per km considering all costs put together (fuel, service, etc). I will publish this periodically in my ownership review post my first service experience with Chevy.
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:49   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Kini,

Regarding fuel, I topped up with premium diesel as I took the White Steed out of the showroom, thought, it might do well with some horse gram (premium food other than hay) for the first feasting! I am not sure how premium could harm the engine since it contains additives rather than change in the fuel grade itself. I have read of other guys using System-D with regular fuel so I am not sure of the premium diesel being bad for the car. I am not sure Indian Cruze has DPF either (I checked the service manual and the user manual for DPF indication). So can you please elucidate why premium fuel will harm? My second refill was regular diesel and I see absolutely no difference in performance of the car! That can probably be attributed to the engine's excellent build quality.
Check out this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-diesel-6.html
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:12   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. When Chevy says its leather, why doubt then?

2. Always fill normal diesel. Most manafacturers themselves advice normal fue. Till date my Cruze didnt even go through a single tank of premium diesel and stay away from thos additives as they dont up any performance. Go through the link that KINI provided which has extensive info on its differences

3. I always top-up 32PSI for all tyres which itself makes the car bouncy but, i choose this PSI because i normally top up the nitrogen once every 2 months and notice a drop of 4-5 PSI in each tyre which isnt bad. But, i feel the perfect setting is either 30PSI or 31PSI but, i stick to one additional as over a week or two i get the perfect ride as i think 1-2 PSI drops
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:43   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. When Chevy says its leather, why doubt then?
Because it's not always leather. When they say leather, they sometimes mean that only the parts that are in contact with the body are leather i.e. bottom and back support. All other areas like the back of front seats and sides are faux leather. This will be advertised as Pure leather upholstery. Very common practice.
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:55   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Because it's not always leather. When they say leather, they sometimes mean that only the parts that are in contact with the body are leather i.e. bottom and back support. All other areas like the back of front seats and sides are faux leather. This will be advertised as Pure leather upholstery. Very common practice.
I agree. But, if real leather covers the body contact points then no need for a seat cover (which itself is surprising thought for seats already covered with leather/faux leather) as per OP's post
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:09   #240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I agree. But, if real leather covers the body contact points then no need for a seat cover (which itself is surprising thought for seats already covered with leather/faux leather) as per OP's post
Seat covers you definitely don't need. I was just saying that manufacturers adopt this a lot. Infact you will see this even on Sofas.

The problem occurs over a long term. The faux leather wears out differently than the pure leather and end result is 2 different shades of the same seats in the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks