Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:03   #241
BHPian

Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review

I drive on 36psi with Nitrogen. The car is rarely loaded up and I don't mind a hard ride in favor of firm precise handling.
Old 5th November 2012, 13:04   #242

Horrible Car and Service at Kropex Bangalore

Hi,
For those of you who are planning to buy a Cruze I would seriously not recommend the car at all. Just to give you a hint why read below:

I bought a Cruze in December 2010 and have done 16616 Km. Last tuesday (Aayudh Pooja Day) I was driving back form the factory near Bommasandra Bangalore when suddenly the clutch pedal failed to come up. I had to stop the car by the side and wait for the tow truck to arrive. The car was stuck in gear as well. After 1 hour the tow truck did NOT arrive. I somehow managed to get the clutch pedal back on top and managed to drive the car to Kropex Chevorlet near Electronics City. Once there I showed it to them and they said that the clutch plate is gone. What surprises me is that I have an Innova done 80000 Kms and everything's fine in the car. The Cruze with only 14616kms the clutch plate is gone. To make things worse, they said they don't have it in stock and its gonna take a while to order it and get it in. 2 weeks later finally the car is ready. And as though that wasn't bad enough the repair bill is a whopping Rs 60000.00 and they said there is not warranty. As though this wasn't bad enough, the AC wasn't working, the car charger wasn't working either and the boot lid opener wasn't working as well. How the hell does a car which has done only 14616kms (Still new relatively) have so many problems. I posted it on Chevorlet India Facebook and they have not even got back to me. Seriously, they need to fire there quality department and hire some Japanese guys....hahaha....

To summarize, the car is not worth the money with reliability problems and the service is even worse. I think Chevorlet, just like Ford (American Cars) are the worst. Japanese cars are far superior.
racedriver82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 15:11   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedriver82
Hi,
For those of you who are planning to buy a Cruze I would seriously not recommend the car at all. Just to give you a hint why read below:

I bought a Cruze in December 2010 and have done 16616 Km. Last tuesday (Aayudh Pooja Day) I was driving back form the factory near Bommasandra Bangalore when suddenly the clutch pedal failed to come up.
Clutch not coming up, same happened in my accent too, replaced clutch cylinder, problem solved, costed me 800/-.

And 60,000/- for changing clutch plate, is way too high. I request you to post the copy of invoice please.

And clutch giving away at 16000kms is doubtful, unless you ride clutch while driving.

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th November 2012 at 13:24. Reason: Please avoid quoting large or full posts
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 15:16   #244

Hi Sameer,
Thanks for your reply. Please find below the Proforma Invoice sent to me:

PROFORMA INVOICE

CUSTOMER : MS. PRANAV INVOICE NO. :
(P0001618) : HOSUR ROAD Date : 05/Nov/2012
SINGASANDARA JOB NO. : 008413
BANGALORE Model : CHEVROLET CRUZE
KARNATAKA - 560000 MILEAGE : 11622
PHONE : 09972XXXXXX MOBILE : 96111XXXXX REGN NO. : KA01MG2628
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
SNO. PART NO. REQUISITION. DESCRIPTION TAX % QUANTITY RATE TAXABLE TAXPAID/ LABOR
CHRG. HRS. NON-TAXABLE
1 BR4 0008610 BRAKE OIL DOT4 (250 ML) 14.50 2.00 103.28 206.56
2 J96829734 0008600 CYLINDER,CLU ACTR 14.50 1.00 4782.53 4782.53
3 J96878202 0008600 PLATE-CLU PRESS 14.50 1.00 6497.82 6497.82
4 J96933672 0008600 PLATE,CLU DRVN 14.50 1.00 4786.90 4786.90
5 J96941104 0008600 FLYWHEEL 14.50 1.00 29495.20 29495.20
Labour & Job Work
1 RUNNING REPAIR
2 YB06 TOTAL LABOUR CHARGE 16.71 5850.00

__________________________________________________ ___________________________
clutch o/h-5500,washinh-350 |TOTAL : 45769.01 5850.00
__________________________________________________ _________________|TAXABLE AMT. : 45769.01 5850.00
Total Items: 5 Total Qty. : 6 |VAT : 6636.50 0.00
Ready Dt. & Time : Serv.Tax + E. Cess : 723.06
FOR KROPEX INDIA LIMITED |SUB TOTAL : 52405.51 6573.06
|BILL AMT : 58978.57 ROUND OFF : (+.43)
|BILL TOTAL : 58979.00
BY CASH
Fifty Eight Thousand Nine Hundred Seventy Nine
IPO - 0008600,0008610 LABOR SLIP - 006908

#Page1 of1#

FOr got to add, I've been driving many cars for over 14 years. I was a racecar driver as well. Have raced gokarts as well as F3 cars in Sriperambadur. So with regards do driving with ride clutch or half clutch thats nearly impossible....haha... wonder who does that though.... And hey just to add I have never faced this problem in any of my older cars which range from Maruti Suzuki 800, Esteem, Mitsubishi Lancer, Toyota Innova, Corolla, Hyundai Getz CRDI, I20 or any other car that I have previously owned. So I'm puzzled as to how this could happen for a mere 14000kms....I'm suspecting quality.

PJ

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th November 2012 at 15:53. Reason: removing your personal information like mobile number and merging posts.
racedriver82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 15:40   #245
Senior - BHPian

Re: Horrible Car and Service at Kropex Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedriver82 View Post
Hi,For those of you who are planning to buy a Cruze I would seriously not recommend the car at all. Just to give you a hint why read below:

I bought a Cruze in December 2010 and have done 16616 Km. Last tuesday (Aayudh Pooja Day) I was driving back form the factory near Bommasandra Bangalore when suddenly the clutch pedal failed to come up. I had to stop the car by the side and wait for the tow truck to arrive. .
60k for just the clutch ?? Doesnt sound genuine. I am sure there was something else wrong with the car as well. Can you post a copy of invoice here ?

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th November 2012 at 13:23. Reason: Please DONT quote an entire long post for a one line reply
Old 5th November 2012, 17:51   #246
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pranav, thanks for sharing your nightmare. You being a race driver, I have no doubt that you would be last person to ride on clutch. This is surely a quality issue. The part must have been defective in first place. But were there no warning signs (any light glowing on dashboard, or the clutch pedal mis-behaving, or difficulty in changing gears)? Your story gives me jitters.

Though it could be a bit over here, I would like to share that I replaced the clutch assembly of my Indica @ 1,10,000 kms & that too not because it was giving me any kind of problem, but as a preventive maintenance. The assembly itself cost me Rs 3.4K & the labor for replacement just Rs 0.6K (though I must mention that it was from a private garage & not authorized service centre). So total cost of replacing clutch assembly, Rs 4K only. The point I want to make here is that clutch plates can last at least one lakh kms, if driven sedately. The flywheel, which has costed you a bomb (30K), what is that meant for? Is it part of the clutch assembly? Why is it costing so much?
Old 5th November 2012, 19:38   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedriver82 View Post
when suddenly the clutch pedal failed to come up.

Once there I showed it to them and they said that the clutch plate is gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
But were there no warning signs (any light glowing on dashboard, or the clutch pedal mis-behaving, or difficulty in changing gears)?
^^^ This was the first question that came to my mind. A clutch plate does not fail suddenly. It fades. Hence giving tell-tale signs of failure. I think you know this better than me. So I think the dealership is fleecing you seeing that you couldn't possibly move your car to another dealership. A clutch plate simply cannot fail at such low mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Clutch not coming up, same happened in my accent too, replaced clutch cylinder, problem solved, costed me 800/-
This would be my guess. Clutch lever not rising, in most of the old cars' cases, would be the result of clutch cable failing and in modern cars, the above would make sense.

In any case, this is sad to see for prospective chevy customers. I hope the issue is resolved soon.

Last edited by rangakishen : 5th November 2012 at 19:40.
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 15:30   #248
BHPian

Does anyone have any updates on whether there will be a newer version of the Cruze coming in 2013? I have been trying to get some information about this but without success. The last I heard was March 2013 but am sure if there is any truth to that rumour. Was watching Overdrive this Sunday and they talked about the new cars expected in 2013, including a few rumours but there was no mention of the Cruze or any upgrades.

Am beginning to wonder if this is going to be an endless wait but then one look at the dropping sales figures of the Cruze each month and you wonder if Chevy will bring in a few updates just to freshen things up, or maybe that's just me thinking wishfully.
Old 16th November 2012, 00:26   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Does anyone have any updates on whether there will be a newer version of the Cruze coming in 2013?

Am beginning to wonder if this is going to be an endless wait but then one look at the dropping sales figures of the Cruze each month and you wonder if Chevy will bring in a few updates just to freshen things up, or maybe that's just me thinking wishfully.
I'm also keen on knowing this since we are considering a Cruze as our next family vehicle. Chevrolet does seem to be increasing their marketing efforts of the Cruze all of a suddent with new advertisements! Don't know if this is to start selling off the current version for a fresh start for the next model or it's just because of dwindling sales That said, current news is such that the upcoming Cruze will most likely have the same engine as the current model and changes will mostly be cosmetic. This should prove to be interesting for prospective buyers if Chevrolet starts offering discounts for the current version!
Old 17th November 2012, 20:48   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Jayan View Post
I'm also keen on knowing this since we are considering a Cruze as our next family vehicle. Chevrolet does seem to be increasing their marketing efforts of the Cruze all of a suddent with new advertisements! Don't know if this is to start selling off the current version for a fresh start for the next model or it's just because of dwindling sales That said, current news is such that the upcoming Cruze will most likely have the same engine as the current model and changes will mostly be cosmetic. This should prove to be interesting for prospective buyers if Chevrolet starts offering discounts for the current version!
Am not expecting an engine update as they just did that a few months back. As for the facelift, I don't care too much for it cause I love the current look of the car and I think the facelift kind of ruined the look a bit. What I am expecting and this is based on a few rumours I have read is that there will be a few upgrades on the inside like the MyLink infotainment system, power adjustable seats for the front passenger and a few more. What i would love is the Stabilitrak system that Chevy offers in Europe and America. I know the price will go up by 1.5 lacs or more and I don't mind that. Just feel the the current car lacks a bit on the safety features with the 2 air bags and ABS with no EBD. Such a powerful car at the very least needs EBD and EPS, even if we are to live with the 2 air bags.

@kch82, can I bother you to check with your source on whether there is any news on the new cruze, is it even going to come any time soon? Thanks in advance.
Old 21st November 2012, 23:40   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Am not expecting an engine update as they just did that a few months back. As for the facelift, I don't care too much for it cause I love the current look of the car and I think the facelift kind of ruined the look a bit. What I am expecting and this is based on a few rumours I have read is that there will be a few upgrades on the inside like the MyLink infotainment system, power adjustable seats for the front passenger and a few more. What i would love is the Stabilitrak system that Chevy offers in Europe and America. I know the price will go up by 1.5 lacs or more and I don't mind that. Just feel the the current car lacks a bit on the safety features with the 2 air bags and ABS with no EBD. Such a powerful car at the very least needs EBD and EPS, even if we are to live with the 2 air bags.

@kch82, can I bother you to check with your source on whether there is any news on the new cruze, is it even going to come any time soon? Thanks in advance.
I honestly stopped following up on the new Cruze launch. But my guess is that it will be launched only by mid next year. The only change that I am expecting is the broader grill (as already on the new Spark now) and probably a modified centre console with a touch screen system. IMO what the car really needs is EBS and something that can make the car corner better. It makes me a little nervousness driving through a sharp curve at high speed.

I have been noticing that whenever the car is stationed or at a low speed and I turn the steering wheel - I can feel some kind of movement under my feet/below the body. As if there is some mind of a friction or obstruction under body on turning the wheel. Anyone else noticed this ?

Also if someone can explain me how exactly do the the defoggers work - rear; windscreen and the heated OVRM. As in what button or combination of buttons do I press for using the defoggers and heated OVRM together or individually ? I tried a few buttons andy though the windscreen defogger seemed to work but it eventually started cooling the car as well I will be taking the Cruze on its maiden highway drive this weekend to Jaipur and hope to be a smooth and safe drive.

Another stupid question- does the Cruze have a manual ignition option or is it just the push button ? If at anytime the push button were to stop functioning or the keyless sensors were to malfunction then is there a way to manually start/stop the engine

Till now I am just loving the car... The automatic is a blessing and the engine just does not compromise on the power. It's truly a beast.....
kch82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 00:03   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch82 View Post
Till now I am just loving the car... The automatic is a blessing and the engine just does not compromise on the power. It's truly a beast.....
Hi, how is the automatic transmission wrt power delivery, pick-up, fun to drive? Would you miss the manual transmission?
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:30   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch82 View Post
I honestly stopped following up on the new Cruze launch. But my guess is that it will be launched only by mid next year. The only change that I am expecting is the broader grill (as already on the new Spark now) and probably a modified centre console with a touch screen system. IMO what the car really needs is EBS and something that can make the car corner better. It makes me a little nervousness driving through a sharp curve at high speed.

Don't expect you to follow up on the new Cruze mate but if you do speak to your guy in Chevy sometime, please do ask him about this.

And am glad you are enjoying the automatic as I too plan to buy the AT as my wife will also be driving it.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:48   #254
BHPian

@kch82 yes the cruze has a manual engine start facility beneath the front cup holder - enjoy your drive.
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:13   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
@kch82 yes the cruze has a manual engine start facility beneath the front cup holder - enjoy your drive.
Thanks Dr. Any info that you can share with me on the defoggers and heated OVRMs ? Also the slight obstruction under the body while turning the wheel is bothering me ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks