Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2012, 12:49   #256
BHPian

Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review

Could some please inform me of the turning radius of the Cruze. Also, what is the boot capacity in liters? Both of these inputs have have been missed out in the Chevrolet website.
Old 24th November 2012, 15:10   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Could some please inform me of the turning radius of the Cruze. Also, what is the boot capacity in liters? Both of these inputs have have been missed out in the Chevrolet website.
Turning radius is 5.32m.
Boot capacity is 450Lts.
rangakishen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 14:06   #258
BHPian

A couple of months back, when I had the TD for the Cruze, I had told the sales manager that there were rumours of a newer version of the car expected in a few months and I had asked him to call me if he hears anything about it. I got a call this past Saturday (24th November) from the sales manager with news that the face-lifted Cruze is expected in January. He obviously wanted to know if I was interested. I asked him to give me more details on the expected changes but he didn't know much more than the few things we already know (changes to the grill, the fog lamps etc). As for changes to the interiors or any new features, he wasn't sure but said there could be a few minor changes. I told him to call me back when he has more details and immediately go online and googled for new on the face-lifted Cruze.

I found that on Friday (23rd November), the face-lifted Cruze was launched in Malaysia. Am not sure if there is any connection to this and the SM calling me. Anyway, the Malaysian version, apart from the face-lift, gets newer tones to the interior, the MyLink infotainment system, USB port, Bluetooth connectivity and a few other things. Whether we will get the same here in India remains to be seen but this is certainly very interesting news.

More on this in the below links
http://motoring.malaysia.msn.com/201...-gets-facelift

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...aysia-9241.htm
sunny310c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 22:14   #259
BHPian

I found that on Friday (23rd November), the face-lifted Cruze was launched in Malaysia. Am not sure if there is any connection to this and the SM calling me. Anyway, the Malaysian version, apart from the face-lift, gets newer tones to the interior, the MyLink infotainment system, USB port, Bluetooth connectivity and a few other things. Whether we will get the same here in India remains to be seen but this is certainly very interesting news.

More on this in the below links
http://motoring.malaysia.msn.com/201...-gets-facelift
[/url][/quote]

According to the link you've shared, the 2013 Cruze is having a 1.8 litre, 140 bhp engine churning out a meager 176 torques. Isn't that considerably lower than the current beast of an engine? I'm guessing the one 1.8 motor released in Malaysia is a petrol unit. Hope we don't see any of that here! I hope we get ESP as standard in the new version though. Thanks for sharing the info good sir
Old 28th November 2012, 09:40   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Jayan View Post

According to the link you've shared, the 2013 Cruze is having a 1.8 litre, 140 bhp engine churning out a meager 176 torques. Isn't that considerably lower than the current beast of an engine? I'm guessing the one 1.8 motor released in Malaysia is a petrol unit. Hope we don't see any of that here! I hope we get ESP as standard in the new version though. Thanks for sharing the info good sir
Don't worry about the petrol motor. The Malaysian version always had the 1.8 litre petrol motor generating 140 bhp. The face-lift did not involve any upgrades to the engine. So, if and when we get the face-lifted version here in India, you can rest assured that the engine will be the current 2 litre diesel motor. In fact, the SM confirmed the same. As for ESP, well, from what I have read, the existing model in Malaysia already had that and so that is not part of the face-lift. What is part is the MyLink infotainment system and a few other things like start/stop button which we already have here. So it's quite possible that we get a few features that the Malaysian version always had, like ESP.

Having said that, it is more than likely that we just get the face-lift with no additional features. We might get a few minor things like USB port and Bluetooth but am not really expecting anything major other than that. Hope I am wrong though. Realistically, features like EBD, ESP, more air bags etc will only be available in 2014 in the next generation Cruze.
Old 28th November 2012, 15:36   #261
BHPian

The latest cruze price OTR Chennai : LTZ AT-19;36;000. LTZ- 18;27;783.

I am now completely confused if I should spend 20 lakhs on a chevy or just stretch myself to the Propellor or 3 point Star.
Old 28th November 2012, 17:54   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post

I am now completely confused if I should spend 20 lakhs on a chevy or just stretch myself to the Propellor or 3 point Star.
I myself was in the same situation 4 months ago. I had booked a Jetta but kept thinking about the old 3 series which had a very good discount. And then I realised that its not just buying one but also maintaining it. I had to buy the BSI (think I got it right) but then I would have to shell out more. My budget was getting stretched to almost 70% more. Decided against it and bought the Jetta. Do think about other factors also when deciding to go for the next higher or 2 segments.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 18:16   #263
BHPian

Quote:

Don't those cars start at close to 30 lakhs ex-showroom? Am talking about the C Class & the 3 series. That's one hell of a stretch but hey, if you can afford it, why even look at the Cruze. Wish I could stretch that much.
Old 28th November 2012, 20:38   #264
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked a Jetta but kept thinking about the old 3 series which had a very good discount.
At the moment I hardly have any commitments, even if I end up with a D segment vehicle, as you promptly said, My heart will still be looking at the Propeller or Tri-Star.

Quote:
Do think about other factors also when deciding to go for the next higher or 2 segments.
As such, I was going to go for a 3 year loan for the cruze with a 20 lakh OTR budget. But lets say if I end up at 26 or 28 L (X1 or B Class or Accord 2.4 AT) then I would probably make the term 4 or 5 years. Technically the EMI wouldnt drastically differ. I can definitely last 4-5 years on a Bimmer or Tri-Star.

Quote:
That's one hell of a stretch but hey, if you can afford it, why even look at the Cruze.
IMHO, stretching would mean paying almost 20L for a cruze. No offence, cruze is one of the best D Segmenters in India but If I can stretch a lil for a bmw or merc why go for cruze ? AGAIN IMHO I would have bought cruze LTZ AT for a max of 17 L OTR.
Old 28th November 2012, 21:46   #265
BHPian

Quote:

I paid close to 16L for the LTZ MT variant one year two months ago.Honestly over the last year,I feel the Cruze has gone from well-priced to overpirced!!

If you can stretch go for a base/mid-range 3 series

Last edited by KINI : 28th November 2012 at 22:03.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 22:02   #266
BHPian

Not to belittle anyone or any brand. Why not took at superb, that offers more than cruze, Beemer and Mercs, but for lesser price.
Old 28th November 2012, 22:47   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Not to belittle anyone or any brand. Why not took at superb, that offers more than cruze, Beemer and Mercs, but for lesser price.
Superb is honestly superb except the fact that its manufacturer and *** scares me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I paid close to 16L for the LTZ MT variant one year two months ago.Honestly over the last year,I feel the Cruze has gone from well-priced to overpirced!!

If you can stretch go for a base/mid-range 3 series
You spoke my mind out bud. Precisely my point. Since, my usage is going to be
pretty less I could even flirt with an petrol heart. Accord 2.4 may be ??
Old 8th December 2012, 08:16   #268
BHPian

Quote:

You spoke my mind out bud. Precisely my point. Since, my usage is going to be
pretty less I could even flirt with an petrol heart. Accord 2.4 may be ??
The Accord isn't a great handler now is it??What car have you decided on anyway??

Guys I need your help here.I have a 2011 Cruze LTZ.My right RVM was damaged by a trucker on Diwali eve.The motors are functional but the mirror part starts shaking at speeds higher than 100kmph.A.S.S says the whole assembly has to be changed.

1.Has anybody faced this problem before??Is there a solution??
2.If there is no solution I'm planning to get the assembly changed in Jan.Is it possible to fit the 2012 Cruze's RVMs which has the heating feature??
Old 10th December 2012, 09:48   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
The Accord isn't a great handler now is it??What car have you decided on anyway??

Guys I need your help here.I have a 2011 Cruze LTZ.My right RVM was damaged by a trucker on Diwali eve.The motors are functional but the mirror part starts shaking at speeds higher than 100kmph.A.S.S says the whole assembly has to be changed.

1.Has anybody faced this problem before??Is there a solution??
2.If there is no solution I'm planning to get the assembly changed in Jan.Is it possible to fit the 2012 Cruze's RVMs which has the heating feature??
1. Yes. Exact problem. Car was hit when parked. My mirror was just fine with all motors and everything working. Only the white cover was broken off the mirror. Had to replace the whole assemble. As the cover is not manufactured alone. Cost me close to 11k.

Solution can be to ask your *** to completely remove the mirror and re attach it. You might discover the reason for shaking and then think of a way to stop it.

2. No clue!! Sorry.
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 23:43   #270
BHPian

Guys, any news on the 2013 Cruze launch?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks