Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2013, 17:28   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
here is the link from official Chevy USA site. It will be in Summer not right now.
Yeah, I know that. But, your previous post indicated that it will NOT be launched.

When I meant already launched. It's officially announced and will be made available to customers in summer
Old 15th February 2013, 16:11   #287
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
The displacement is 1956 cc whereas the one that we get in India (Z-Family) is 1998 cc and older 150-BHP engine was 1991 cc. So I think it must be an all new engine developed specifically for USA due to being a different capacity engine as well as having to comply with US emission standards.
Chevrolet has three 2.0 L diesel engines.
  • 1991cc engine from VM Motori
  • 1998cc Z series engine
  • 1956cc JTD engine from Fiat

Since this is a 1956cc engine, this must be the Fiat diesel engine, not the engines which are offered in India,
anb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 06:49   #288
BHPian

any fuel averages available for the automatics in Bangalore. As of now I am torn between the elantra and cruze. Basically I am a city drive find the elantra very comfortable, but upgrading from the civic confused terribly
Old 4th August 2013, 17:51   #289
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

Just helping a cousin finalise his next car. And Cruze is one of the shortlisted one. He had a few queries which I am posting here. He is eyeing the Cruze MT.

1. What is the real world mileage of cruze? City? Highway?

2. The most imp missing feature compared to LTZ is park assist. According to his requirements. How easy? Difficult? It is to have an after market one fitted? He is not keen on other features offered on LTZ such has cruise control, sun roof, leather etc. Also LTZ will shoot up his budget by almost 1L.

3. What is the maintainence like for this beast? I read somewhere that Chevy promises 36K for 3 yrs or something like that with service intervals at every 10K kms.

4. We plan to go to the showroom sometime this week for a detailed TD and getting the exact OTR / deals details. What sort of deals should we expect?

He plans to retain this car for atleast 4 yrs with avg running of 15-17K kms per year. With 60% city and 40% highway useage. Ofcourse which may vary over a period of time. Other car he considered is Elantra but didn't really enjoy the diesel drive. Laura is NO NO due to Skoda horror stories. He is almost sure he wants the Cruze.

Thanks to all in advance.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 4th August 2013 at 17:54.
Old 11th August 2013, 12:03   #290

1. Average mileage is about 11.8 Kms/lt includes city and Highway driving. About 30-40% highway and 60-70% city driving. Only in the city(Bangalore) it may be about 9.5-10.5.
2. Parking is quite easy with the already given park assist. But do please try it out to check your comfort level. Showroom had quoted about 14k to fit a new one with camera. May be you ask ask this to be given along with any other money discount.
3. Service interval is 7.5k. Oil etc changes every 15k. 15k service bill for my car was about 8.5k. All oil changes + Wheel Balancing, Alinement etc.
4. Don't know for sure. 20k was about we could get.
5. Well about the service don't expect much, Chevrolet is equally bad if not horrible. May be just better than Skoda. 2 out 3 service experiences for me has been bad to horrible. Cruze LTZ as a car is very good/fabulous. Service will make you feel i should have purchased a Toyota Car. Every time my friend and I give the car for servicing we offer a silent prayer to God "Please take care of our car".

Hope this helps.
AlokSuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 12:43   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSuman View Post
1. Average mileage is about 11.8 Kms/lt includes city and Highway driving. About 30-40% highway and 60-70% city driving. Only in the city(Bangalore) it may be about 9.5-10.5.
2. Parking is quite easy with the already given park assist. But do please try it out to check your comfort level. Showroom had quoted about 14k to fit a new one with camera. May be you ask ask this to be given along with any other money discount.
3. Service interval is 7.5k. Oil etc changes every 15k. 15k service bill for my car was about 8.5k. All oil changes + Wheel Balancing, Alinement etc.
4. Don't know for sure. 20k was about we could get.
5. Well about the service don't expect much, Chevrolet is equally bad if not horrible. May be just better than Skoda. 2 out 3 service experiences for me has been bad to horrible. Cruze LTZ as a car is very good/fabulous. Service will make you feel i should have purchased a Toyota Car. Every time my friend and I give the car for servicing we offer a silent prayer to God "Please take care of our car".

Hope this helps.

I believe the figures are of Manual. If you opt for Automatic and the traffic is as bad as Mumbai where the average speed is just 20km/hr the average you can get will be as low as 7.5Km/L (That's what I am getting currently) with peak traffic driving in suburbs
Old 11th August 2013, 12:53   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
1. What is the real world mileage of cruze? City? Highway?

2. The most imp missing feature compared to LTZ is park assist. According to his requirements. How easy? Difficult? It is to have an after market one fitted? He is not keen on other features offered on LTZ such has cruise control, sun roof, leather etc. Also LTZ will shoot up his budget by almost 1L.

3. What is the maintainence like for this beast? I read somewhere that Chevy promises 36K for 3 yrs or something like that with service intervals at every 10K kms.

4. We plan to go to the showroom sometime this week for a detailed TD and getting the exact OTR / deals details. What sort of deals should we expect?
Hi there, Iam using the Cruze now for exactly 3 years and have clocked 43,000kms

My response to your queries

1. City FE ( Before Installing RD Box) : Never below 11kmpl
City FE ( After Installing RD Box) : Never below 12kmpl

Highway FE ( Before Installing RD Box) : Never below 13kmpl
Highway FE ( After installing RD Box) : Never below nor above 14kmpl

2, Parking it is a breeze once you get used to the size, I dont even use the reverse camera anymore and do it with my instincts and never went wrong

3. Maintenance till date of Cruze ( Including service, wheel alignment and balance and front brake pad replacement) has been roughly 0.75 Paise per km which is extremely economical considering the segment of this car

Also, I got fantastic experience from the dealership and ASC and never had an issue with them at all

4. As far as i know there are no deals except a 15K corporate discount and discount on insurance. You can try for free insurance and if you get it it will be a great deal.

For further details you can check out my ownership report here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...amics-box.html
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 13:00   #293

Yes. It is for LTZ MT. It's the 166 PS model. My friend's car average mileage for the same model and approx same distance is about 10.5 kms/lt. It will vary depending on traffic and driving style.
Old 5th October 2013, 19:35   #294
BHPian

I went to enquire about the Cruze LT with a Chevy dealer.
He told me about a white model in transit from the factory, which I wasn't interested in.
Then he said that he can't deliver the LT in any other color since production of LT has been stopped.
On further prodding, he revealed that GM is going to launch a stripped down version of the Cruze LT at around the 10lakh price point (down from the current 14.xx mark)!
He didn't know if it'd have the same 2.0L diesel mill, but he did confirm that it'd have some sort of a diesel engine.
GM wants to take the fight to the Ventos/Rapids/Vernas of the world with the price cut.
Anyone else heard any rumblings about this cut-price Cruze LT?
If they retain the 2.0 motor, it's going to generate a massive amount of interest!
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 17:17   #295
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Tweet from the BSMotoring guy.

Name:  cruze.png
Views: 5401
Size:  66.2 KB
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 17:44   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
He didn't know if it'd have the same 2.0L diesel mill, but he did confirm that it'd have some sort of a diesel engine.

If they retain the 2.0 motor, it's going to generate a massive amount of interest!
In the UK, the Cruze is offered with a smaller diesel as well. A 128bhp 1.7 vcdi unit that is found in some Opels.

But the 1.7 motor has been around for a while and is being replaced by a brand spanking new gen 1.6 in some Opels, so I dunno what they plan to do

http://www.chevrolet.co.uk/cars/cruz...and-specs.html

Last edited by Mpower : 13th October 2013 at 18:02.
Old 13th October 2013, 18:32   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
In the UK, the Cruze is offered with a smaller diesel as well. A 128bhp 1.7 vcdi unit that is found in some Opels.

But the 1.7 motor has been around for a while and is being replaced by a brand spanking new gen 1.6 in some Opels, so I dunno what they plan to do
The older 1.7 is from Isuzu IIRC. The new one is their own. I feel that older 1.7 can be cost effective to our market than the new 1.6, though I am not sure about licensing/royalties. The Isuzu 1.7 will be removed across the range in EU line up and 1.6 will be replacement. 1.6 has 136 bhp and 320 Nm torque in one application. 1.6 is Euro-6 ready where as 1.7, to the best of my knowledge, could not be made Euro-6 complaint without losing out on power and efficiency.

Cruze needs a cheaper variant as now its lost in the crowd as compared to Skoda and Jetta. Price of Cruze also needs to get reduced for it to compete in tough market.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 07:36   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Had heard this cheaper Cruze rumour more than 2 years back when I bought my Cruze LT. Probably makes sense to retain the current look at a cheaper price and introduce a top end LTZ+ with DRLs, HID and the works.

From the engine options point of view, everything will depend upon the availability of kits for the Cruze. Its a SKD vehicle if I understand correctly from South East Asia, mostly South Korea and Thailand.

Like the Civic being discontinued due to lack of kits from Honda Thailand, the Cruze is completely dependent on GM's overall strategy in Asia.
Old 24th October 2013, 12:43   #299
BHPian

Chevrolet Cruze facelift has been launched in India.

Cruze is now available in three variants,

1.Chevrolet Cruze 2.0L LT MT – INR 13.75 lakhs
2.Chevrolet Cruze 2.0L LTZ MT – INR 15.25 lakhs
3.Chevrolet Cruze 2.0L LTZ AT – INR 16.15 lakhs

[Note: Prices are ex-Showroom, New Delhi.]

Source:- IAB
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review-2013chevroletcruzefaceliftindiafront.jpg  

MaxTorque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 17:17   #300
BHPian

Has anyone bought the face lifted version of the Cruze (2013)? If yes, please do share a few pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks