Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 12:59   #316
BHPian

Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review

I had sent my Chevrolet Cruze to the service center with a problem that the boot door does not shut, they carried out all sorts of diagnosis and reached to a conclusion that the B.C.M of the car is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. With the B.C.M malfunctioning most of the electronics have stopped working including headlights and taillights.

The B.C.M is located under the passenger seat and perhaps got corrupt cause of water entering into the cabin last year. The company is asking for Rs.50000 for replacing the B.C.M. Is there any way the B.C.M can be repaired or a new B.C.M can be sourced from at a more economical price.
Old 10th August 2014, 18:05   #317
BANNED

Just checked the Chevy Website, it seems the torque has been bumped down from 380 to 360.

I was looking at selling my Optra and going for the Cruze, but this comes in as a rude shock.

Anyone with a clue as to why GM has done this ?
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:24   #318
BHPian

Just received a call from Triumph Motors, Peeragarhi, Delhi for a pro-active recall of sorts to check the PCB bracket in the Engine of Chevrolet Cruze LTZ MT and it will be changed if found to be broken or faulty.

Just wanted to confirm whether any body else has faced such scenareo, received any call as such or has got it changed and what can be the consequences of running on a broken PCB Bracket in the engine.

FYI going in to get it checked on the coming sunday and will report accordingly.
Old 3rd November 2014, 22:04   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
Just received a call from Triumph Motors, Peeragarhi, Delhi for a pro-active recall of sorts to check the PCB bracket in the Engine of Chevrolet Cruze LTZ MT and it will be changed if found to be broken or faulty.

Just wanted to confirm whether any body else has faced such scenareo, received any call as such or has got it changed and what can be the consequences of running on a broken PCB Bracket in the engine.

FYI going in to get it checked on the coming sunday and will report accordingly.

Haven't received any calls, but good to know about this. I will be planning to give my car for servicing for 17500Kms, i will probably ask them explicitly
Old 24th November 2014, 16:50   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Haven't received any calls, but good to know about this. I will be planning to give my car for servicing for 17500Kms, i will probably ask them explicitly

Went for the re-call to Triumph Motors yesterday, they just trimmed a little plastic on the LHS of the engine cover as according to them it sometimes touched with the pipe assembly and led to wear and rupture of pipe.

They also said that there was a campaign going on for certain cruze vehicles under which they surprisingly changed the RHS axle drive shaft costing 22,8xx plus labour FOC.
luvtandon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 17:01   #321
BHPian

Can anybody confirm what is the price of the Radiator Fan of Cruze LTZ 2010 model. Some kind of foam stuck into the radiator fan and it is now not running on the slow speed. The Chevy ASC has quoted an amount of INR 17,500/-
Old 28th November 2014, 17:04   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
Went for the re-call to Triumph Motors yesterday, they just trimmed a little plastic on the LHS of the engine cover as according to them it sometimes touched with the pipe assembly and led to wear and rupture of pipe.

They also said that there was a campaign going on for certain cruze vehicles under which they surprisingly changed the RHS axle drive shaft costing 22,8xx plus labour FOC.
I got a call from Chevy requesting me to visit the ASC for a minor check up

So they chaned the RHS axle drive shaft free of charge?

If yes, thanks to them !!!
Old 20th March 2015, 17:58   #323
BHPian

Hi Fellow BHPians!
does it make sense to still go for a New Cruze (i'm almost on the cusp of buying it actually)
Despite the new launches in pipelines, and the current options...nothing excites me as much as this Rocket!
do let me know if there's anything specific that i can take into consideration while squeezing the final price...!
thanks in Advance
ameet.
Old 20th March 2015, 21:27   #324
BHPian

What other cars are you considering when you state new launches in pipeline .
Cruze for sure is rocket n the boost you get from 0 to 60-100 I doubt any other car can give in this range
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 22:15   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
What other cars are you considering when you state new launches in pipeline .
Cruze for sure is rocket n the boost you get from 0 to 60-100 I doubt any other car can give in this range
Hi RishiSuri...well in the order of latest test drives -

- Jetta (got the rocket feel with the new DSG Auto tranny, but with the pricing of 23+ it's not really what i'm keen on)

(With due respect to the owners, not wanting to get into anything from Skoda, though i'm really enticed by the New Octavia)

- XUV 500 - It's me and Wifey only, and we're not a huge fan of SUV's purely cus of the bargain of ride/drive quality, still Tried XUV 500 (had a pathetic experience of test-drive, that in fact sealed our belief that it's surely not the product we both would prefer, more about that in a different post though maybe.)

- Elantra - the one that surely made us think about it, but not sure of it's performance on Highways....and after having own a Civic, I'd surely want to not miss on the handling characteristics on 'rockety' speeds!

- Tried even a Polo GT TSI , though loved the car, but we're sure of a 3box as a replacement to Civic.

- Happen to check altis in the showroom...but that's surely not in my mind cus of the preference of a torquey car....

The thing that actually is playing on my mind is that what if the car gets discontinued looking at the dismal sales figures.

In the new launches, I'm really having High Hopes from ix25, though that'd be another compact SUV, I feel, that'll have the ride quality similar to a Sedan, with interior fit and finish that's going to be in line with the current offerings of Hyundai, which is great.. I should mention that I tried Ecosport too...and found it too cramped (again, spoilt by the great elbow room you get in Civic).

I think all i Need is a FAST car, with Great interior fit n finish, with no blot over customer service, and which fits into a budget of 16-18 Lacks. And preferably in March to avail depreciation benefits...

(I've been offered a discount of almost a lac from chevy dealerships which makes it just over 19 for the top end LTZ AT...)

Guys please help!
Old 22nd March 2015, 13:17   #326
BHPian

Having driven my CRUZE LTZ AT for more than 4.5 years now, all that I can say is that this car even today doesn't have true competition if you are looking for speed thrills.

You can never go wrong with this car. Trouble free maintenance. Good interiors, good ride and handling. There is nothing in this car that will ever upset you.

Go ahead and bring the Rocket home..

Inv

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
Hi RishiSuri...well in the order of latest test drives -

- Jetta (got the rocket feel with the new DSG Auto tranny, but with the pricing of 23+ it's not really what i'm keen on)

(With due respect to the owners, not wanting to get into anything from Skoda, though i'm really enticed by the New Octavia)

- XUV 500 - It's me and Wifey only, and we're not a huge fan of SUV's purely cus of the bargain of ride/drive quality, still Tried XUV 500 (had a pathetic experience of test-drive, that in fact sealed our belief that it's surely not the product we both would prefer, more about that in a different post though maybe.)

- Elantra - the one that surely made us think about it, but not sure of it's performance on Highways....and after having own a Civic, I'd surely want to not miss on the handling characteristics on 'rockety' speeds!

- Tried even a Polo GT TSI , though loved the car, but we're sure of a 3box as a replacement to Civic.

- Happen to check altis in the showroom...but that's surely not in my mind cus of the preference of a torquey car....

The thing that actually is playing on my mind is that what if the car gets discontinued looking at the dismal sales figures.

In the new launches, I'm really having High Hopes from ix25, though that'd be another compact SUV, I feel, that'll have the ride quality similar to a Sedan, with interior fit and finish that's going to be in line with the current offerings of Hyundai, which is great.. I should mention that I tried Ecosport too...and found it too cramped (again, spoilt by the great elbow room you get in Civic).

I think all i Need is a FAST car, with Great interior fit n finish, with no blot over customer service, and which fits into a budget of 16-18 Lacks. And preferably in March to avail depreciation benefits...

(I've been offered a discount of almost a lac from chevy dealerships which makes it just over 19 for the top end LTZ AT...)

Guys please help!

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2015 at 22:58. Reason: Language
i_nv is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd March 2015, 13:47   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Cruze LT with 3 1/2 years and 60k km owner here: nothing available in this range. Go for it!!!!
Old 24th May 2015, 16:32   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post

Guys please help!
In my opinion the CRUZE AT is the best option given the price point, power and features. I have driven it 2 times (test drives) and both times brought in a smile! Also recent ads are claiming 3 years free maintenance which is great!!

So go for it if your heart says so and don't bother too much about the car being discontinued etc as there have been no confirmed news on that front.

All the best for the new rocket!

Cheers!
Old 26th June 2015, 21:07   #329
BHPian

My 2011 Cruze has some starting issues.Every time the car starts the check light comes on and the engine is killed automatically while in idle.Some times it wont even crank, just the tick sound will come like it happens when the battery is dead.A.S.S people is telling its related to engine (only 30 k done) and overhaul might be needed.I know Cruze is expensive but still,anyone has any idea how much it will come to.The symptoms are loss of power/ vibration on start/check light blinking/Missing.

Mods please move it to another thread if its not appropriate here.
Old 26th June 2015, 21:13   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
My 2011 Cruze has some starting issues.Every time the car starts the check light comes on and the engine is killed automatically while in idle.Some times it wont even crank, just the tick sound will come like it happens when the battery is dead.
Did you check the glow plugs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks