Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2016, 14:03   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review

Good move but only formalizes the discounts they were anyways offering. For someone not particular about resale or gadgetry, the Cruze is still a pretty solid performer.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 21:51   #347
BHPian

Can anyone here guide me how to get the driver side power window module.My power window went kaput last week and there is no chevrolet service centre as the old one closed around 6 months ago.Only the driver side buttons are not working,rest three doors are working.when i showed it to my roadside garage they told me the module is gone,Buttons are working.And for the module i can only get through the authorised service centre.Please let me know the price and availability.
Old 18th June 2016, 22:03   #348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Can anyone here guide me how to get the driver side power window module.
Check with any authorised service centre. If they've the stock you can get it done within couple of hours. I don't know where you stay but Kropex is right behind Leela Palace on old airport road.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 20:10   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Check with any authorised service centre. If they've the stock you can get it done within couple of hours. I don't know where you stay but Kropex is right behind Leela Palace on old airport road.
Finally I managed to check the issue with the new service center and the culprit was the switch unlike the motor with the module which the local garage people had told me.On top of that they had charged me 500/- just to check that. If it helps any Cruze owners here, the front power window switch costs 3800+ Tax.Have just placed the order(will take 10 days) so Im yet to fix it.

(By the way i relocated from Bangalore for a little while,hence the issue to find a proper authorized service center )

Last edited by lancer_maniac : 29th July 2016 at 20:11.
Old 31st July 2016, 20:41   #350
BHPian

Can fellow Cruze owners help me with this.I saw a HUD direct plug and play in Amazon. Here is the Link http://www.amazon.in/Vheelocityin-He...hevrolet+cruze

Now my question is whether this will show mileage information too on the HUD as it is claiming on my Cruze which is a 2011 LT version that does not have MID for Mileage information.But since this product is directly taking the information from the OBD will the mileage information also be displayed alongside other information's ,if not is there any way,like for VAG cars we can go and activate some of the features with the vcds cable.Please bear me if this is a stupid question .
Old 1st August 2016, 00:19   #351
BHPian

Hi everyone,which according to you all will be the best upgrade for a hu upgrade to my 2012 ltz?Android ones(on Ebay) or the mapmyIndia indash system or any other?
Old 1st August 2016, 07:35   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can fellow Cruze owners help me with this.I saw a HUD direct plug and play in Amazon. Here is the Link http://www.amazon.in/Vheelocityin-He...hevrolet+cruze

Now my question is whether this will show mileage information too on the HUD as it is claiming on my Cruze which is a 2011 LT version that does not have MID for Mileage information.But since this product is directly taking the information from the OBD will the mileage information also be displayed alongside other information's ,if not is there any way,like for VAG cars we can go and activate some of the features with the vcds cable.Please bear me if this is a stupid question .
Yes, mileage will certainly be displayed. I use the Android app Torque Pro in my Note 4 and there are more than 50 parameters which can be selected and displayed.

Nopes, VCDS cable is only for VAG cars. I am unaware of any easily available similar cable for Chevrolets in general.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 18:57   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Yes, mileage will certainly be displayed. I use the Android app Torque Pro in my Note 4 and there are more than 50 parameters which can be selected and displayed.

Nopes, VCDS cable is only for VAG cars. I am unaware of any easily available similar cable for Chevrolets in general.
Thanks for the Information mate .So for this APP which OBD Bluetooth adapter did you use?
Old 2nd August 2016, 11:22   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the Information mate .So for this APP which OBD Bluetooth adapter did you use?
A generic adapter bought off Aliexpress for 22$ if I remember correctly. Any adapter compatible with ELM327 will work seamlessly.

I usually pair them with my Note 4 or Note 10.1. If you also use your Android as a video recorder the you can try DailyRoads Voyager that even overlays the video with a moving map as well as engine stats sourced from the OBD adapter to provide a integrated picture! This last option does suck up battery though.
Old 20th August 2016, 11:31   #355
BHPian

Hello everyone!! Got a call from dealership that the car has to be send for some injectors with fuel line recall worth around 25 thousand for some fire safety. Job offcourse will be foc. Does anyone have any information about this?
On a diff note got my cars cabin filter changed for the first time in 27000 Kms. They were not prepared to do it every time I asked for it in earlier services saying it was ok so was cleaned and put back. Was horrified to see only a simple mesh filter like in split Ac systems in our house costing 300 Rs. Shouldn't it be having a more robust filter like in air purifiers??
Old 6th September 2016, 20:56   #356
BHPian

How to distinguish 2011 version from 2012 and later by exterior and/or interior ?
Old 6th September 2016, 21:10   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Hello everyone!! Got a call from dealership that the car has to be send for some injectors with fuel line recall worth around 25 thousand for some fire safety. Job offcourse will be foc. Does anyone have any information about this?
Yup, was a news-splash a couple of days back:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/53961838.cms

Check on the Chevrolet India Recall site with your complete VIN: http://www.chevrolet.co.in/complete-care/recall.html

Mine is a June 2011 LT and seems to be part of the recall. See screenshot below:
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review-cruze.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2017, 15:40   #358
BHPian

Reviving a dormant thread!
I have a 2015 Cruze LTZ and am facing terrible fuel economy. When I was in Bangalore and doing the ORR route I was getting around 8-9 (80% city 20% highway 100%)
Now I am in Mumbai and I am getting 6.5! in ~90% city on really bad traffic roads (~7kms in 40 mins, idling and the like).
I dont think its normal- is there something which influences the FE. I also notice on the MID even the slightest press of the A pedal from 1-2-3 gears shows 3-4-5-6kmpl which I find very odd.
Any thoughts?
Old 22nd November 2017, 19:55   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Reviving a dormant thread!
I have a 2015 Cruze LTZ and am facing terrible fuel economy. When I was in Bangalore and doing the ORR route I was getting around 8-9 (80% city 20% highway 100%)
Now I am in Mumbai and I am getting 6.5! in ~90% city on really bad traffic roads (~7kms in 40 mins, idling and the like).
I dont think its normal- is there something which influences the FE. I also notice on the MID even the slightest press of the A pedal from 1-2-3 gears shows 3-4-5-6kmpl which I find very odd.
Any thoughts?
Well, I have the 2011 147/320 engine so can only comment generically. I get 11 km/Lt in BLR with roughly 50:50 usage and 100% AC. I suggest you get basics checked like engine oil condition, air filter and the clutch. Your mileage does seem lower than the norm.

Also suggest you ignore the instant mileage readings asb you drive. It's not worth it in any Indian metro. Track the medium to long term mileage using the tank full method.
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:26   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Well, I have the 2011 147/320 engine so can only comment generically. I get 11 km/Lt in BLR with roughly 50:50 usage and 100% AC. I suggest you get basics checked like engine oil condition, air filter and the clutch. Your mileage does seem lower than the norm.

Also suggest you ignore the instant mileage readings asb you drive. It's not worth it in any Indian metro. Track the medium to long term mileage using the tank full method.
Ya true, the Instantaneous readings are not worth looking at but I was just surprised at the readings that I was getting. In fact I notice that almost flooring it showed the same Inst FE as a gentle tap.

Will be getting the servicing done to check if it makes a difference (the last was done ~6 months back)

Can anyone recommend the best Chevy service center in Mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks