Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 16:48   #226
Team-BHP Support

Re: Updated Nissan Evalia : Now launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I think captain.torque has a point here.

Like you said, the loops did exist earlier (for folding up the seats), but i think Nissan has modified them to be dual-purpose now and also double up as a handle. Note the difference :

Originally (small loops)

Now (like a hanging bus/train handle)

cya
R
I did see that Rehaan but I figured they cleaned up the straps hanging from everywhere to just one from the pillar.

Also, the long straps are fine when you're standing in bur or train but no point in the car at all. The fingers will keep hitting the glass and you'll still be moving with a flexible strap during hard cornering.
Old 17th October 2013, 20:31   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Evalia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Agreed. This is nothing but a half hearted job. They didn't seem interested to do these changes but were forced to.

A wonderful package spoilt by silly pricing and even sillier marketing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post

I would have expected much better quality in a Nissan.
  • The glovebox looks like its about to fall off. Look the the huge panel gaps.
  • The middle row a/c unit looks so much after-market (read that cheap) with very uneven fittings. I am sure Nissan could have come up with a better unit rather than a dealer fitted one (especially for their launch car).
  • As mentioned by a lot - why not sliding windows for the mid row. Even a MAruti Eeco with bigger windows and sliding doors has sliding windows. This looks more like a sliding peephole on a house door.
The facelift is truly a half hearted job. The Evalia has many USP's up its sleeves but the package by Nissan ain't going anywhere, even after the so-called facelift.

The Evalia was also aimed at the taxi segment, but here too its not taking off. The frugal 1.5 L diesel could have surely scared competitors, but this one won't take off, unless Nissan seriously sits and offers more changes.

For this price, in India, one expects macho and aggressive looks (look at the Duster) from the front, but the very thin and docile front grille gives it an Omni like look. No private MPV buyer will ever want this one - guess it hardly sells as a privately owned MPV.

About its interiors and its drawbacks, I had stated in an earlier post here (post # 200) and don't find anything significantly done by Nissan as a part of its facelift exercise.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 17th October 2013 at 20:33.
Old 13th December 2013, 18:36   #228

Hey rehaan

I know you TD'd the Evalia in aug12 (great review). I bought one last november and have been meaning to ask you for a while - why you drove the van over 100 kmh did the steering feel very very light and floaty? Very scary and non confidence inspiring. Somewhat like a verna? I always step off the gas when that happens. Please do let me know.

Thanks

Varun

PS - Also i havent yet upgraded to wider tires yet, but am putting on something like a 195/65 R 14 next month. Maybe the steering feel is horriblw cos of the.skinny tyres?
Old 13th December 2013, 19:46   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunnaidu View Post
Hey rehaan

I know you TD'd the Evalia in aug12 (great review). I bought one last november and have been meaning to ask you for a while - why you drove the van over 100 kmh did the steering feel very very light and floaty? Very scary and non confidence inspiring. Somewhat like a verna? I always step off the gas when that happens. Please do let me know.

Thanks

Varun

PS - Also i havent yet upgraded to wider tires yet, but am putting on something like a 195/65 R 14 next month. Maybe the steering feel is horriblw cos of the.skinny tyres?
I drove the Evalia along with Rehaan and didn't notice a floaty feeling above 100Kmph. It wasn't so bad but the skinny tyres are pretty useless.

If you read our review of the similar Ashok Leyland Stile you will notice that it had 15" alloys shod with 185/65-15 tyres. These were much better and looked better with the thicker rubber.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...al-review.html (Ashok Leyland Stile : Official Review)
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 10:03   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunnaidu View Post
why you drove the van over 100 kmh did the steering feel very very light and floaty? Very scary and non confidence inspiring. Somewhat like a verna?
Steering suddenly feeling disconnected beyond a certain speed could mean a wheel balancing issue. Get wheel balancing and wheel alignment done at a local tyre shop, and see if the problem persists.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 19:13   #231

Thanks smartcat. Ill have to give the nissan dealership a skip then as they had done it last.
Old 14th December 2013, 19:13   #232
Senior - BHPian

Heavy discounts on Nissan Evalia as a part of GOSF (Great online shopping festival)?

http://www.nissan-gosf.in/index.php/...alia-e-4e.html
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-1.jpg  

Last edited by HammerHead : 14th December 2013 at 19:15.
HammerHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 04:32   #233
Senior - BHPian

The versatility of the Evalia is such that there is now a 'retro look' variant that is proposed as an replacement/alternative to the venerable London Cab

http://www.motor-talk.de/news/taxi-please-t4801793.html
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 10:27   #234
BANNED

See what i found out at the chevy' USA website!?
A (badge engineered?) nissan evalia evalia sold as chevrolet city expres.
Not sure what arrangements nissan has with GM, but this platform is very popular worldwide. Pity, it became a dud in Indian market.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-capture.png  

chaudh2s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 12:47   #235
Senior - BHPian

Evalia Refresh in unveiled at the Auto Expo 2014. Here is ODI's report on the same:

http://overdrive.in/news/auto-expo-2...iled-in-india/

Quote:
On the outside, the grille has been tweaked and the tail gate now has a chrome garnish. Inside, there is a new wooden cluster, new carpets and third row reading maps. The sliding doors have split open Euro windows and there is also a rear wiper and defogger. As part of standard features in the safety department are ABS, EBD, BA and engine immobilizer. Except for the base trim, all other variants receive airbags as well. There are seven colours of the Nissan Evalia to choose from. The Japanese company has four variants on offer for sale, however, Nissan hasn’t announced any prices or when the updated Evalia will be on sale.
Pics:

Nissan Evalia : Official Review-evalia.jpg

Nissan Evalia : Official Review-evalia3.jpg

Last edited by CARDEEP : 11th February 2014 at 12:51.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 18:32   #236
Team-BHP Support

Nissan Motor India is planning to introduce a redesigned Evalia MUV in the market by the end of 2014. The company claims that the vehicle has been revamped after taking consumer feedback into consideration.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 19:49   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Evalias are quite a rare sight on the streets. Sighted this one in Kolkata:

Nissan Evalia : Official Review-a2014-095.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 11:47   #238
Senior - BHPian

Are they serious? Its a complete flop in the Indian market. One of the most flops India has ever seen, specially in the UV segment. Actually this car had lot of potential in Taxi market as it is more economic & spacious than market leader Innova. But they failed miserably to market it. Also they made few very basic mistakes like not providing cover for glove box, non open-able rear windscreen, etc. These are basic things but customers run away due to this. And once customers are away, its very difficult to get them back
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 19:56   #239
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Evalia Special Variant launched

Not much news value on a market dud (just 250 nos in the last 6 months!), yet I was thinking how exactly the customer feels 'special'?

Quote:
The new Evalia Special variant gets all the features of the top-end Evalia V (O) trim, and in addition gets revised exterior styling cues.

Exteriorwise, the grill now gets chrome finish; the front bumper is all new with a much larger air dam and revised fog-lamp housings with chrome strips around them. The alloy wheels are new 10-spoke units and there is a rear spoiler as well.

The Evalia Special Variant also gets features also available on the Evalia V (O) such as AC vents both for the second and third row passengers, a 2-DIN audio system, rear wiper and defogger, and wood trim on the dashboard.
Source
1:www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/nissan-evalia-special-variant-launched-391224.aspx
2:www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/nissan-rolls-out-new-premium-version-evalia-114102200792_1.html
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:57   #240
Team-BHP Support

Nissan Motor India has launched the Evalian Special Variant. Priced at Rs. 11,61,930 (ex-showroom, New Delhi), the new variant is positioned above the XV (O) variant and sits at the top of the Evalia variant line-up.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Nissan Evalia : Official Review-evalia.jpg
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks