Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 16:48   #151
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Finally booked 320D Luxury Line. Delivery time 2.5 Months.
So now the wait begins.
The Showroom guys said that the new Luxury line will have to be assembled with new kits which will arrive in India by December end so the delivery will be made by January.
If anyone has more information on this, please share.
Old 10th November 2012, 15:29   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
I have been researching about the F30. Today when I spoke to the Sales Representative in Kolkata OSL Prestige, he told me BMW has discontinued the Luxury Plus Variant. And yes the 320i is available at an ex-showroom of 28,50,000.

The other changes include Hifi Loudspeaker System in the Sports line and the Luxury Line along with electrical glass roof.

The sport line and the luxury line remain at the same price point 32,90,000 ex-showroom.

I am attaching the October Specification sheet also.
Pratik, I think something has been overlooked on the pricing front, because although the 320d Sport and Luxury Line now come with the extra features of a glass sunroof and the upgraded hifi sound system, they are at an additional cost of Rs.1.4 lakhs ex-showroom coz the earlier launch variants were priced at 31.5 lakhs ex-showroom and now stand at 32.9 lakhs. Post registration and other charges like Octroi the increase for the on-road price works out to 1.8 lakhs, which means BMW is basically charging you for the 2 extra options and not including them in the original price.
Old 13th November 2012, 17:14   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadwolf View Post
Pratik, I think something has been overlooked on the pricing front, because although the 320d Sport and Luxury Line now come with the extra features of a glass sunroof and the upgraded hifi sound system, they are at an additional cost of Rs.1.4 lakhs ex-showroom coz the earlier launch variants were priced at 31.5 lakhs ex-showroom and now stand at 32.9 lakhs. Post registration and other charges like Octroi the increase for the on-road price works out to 1.8 lakhs, which means BMW is basically charging you for the 2 extra options and not including them in the original price.
I agree - the luxury line and sports line with the sunroof and hifi sound system has a price increase in the ex-showroom price.
The dealers in Bombay are taking orders for the new versions at the higher price
Old 19th November 2012, 08:15   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You should send out a mail to BMW folks stating your displeasure. Even if they decide to compensate you by giving a 50% discount on doable stuffs, you are good. Have a try please. With plug n play, warranty will be intact.
Whom would I email. I sent an email to the rep who sold me my car in the dealership. He said the prices of the cars will go up for sure. But I feel like I should take this matter further up. All I want other than the car I already have, are beautiful sounding speakers.
Old 19th November 2012, 09:42   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harusadu

Whom would I email. I sent an email to the rep who sold me my car in the dealership. He said the prices of the cars will go up for sure. But I feel like I should take this matter further up. All I want other than the car I already have, are beautiful sounding speakers.
You could try some one in BMW India management. Dealerships will not bother for sure. I don't know any ids, any current owners could help?
Old 19th November 2012, 22:14   #156
BHPian

You can try and send an email to Contact.india@bmw.in
I had some issues and they were handled within two working days by BMW India.
pratiksinhal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 13:56   #157
PPS
Senior - BHPian

The base petrol variant 320i to be sold at Rs 28.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/323...l-variant.aspx
Old 4th December 2012, 10:06   #158
BHPian

Does BMW give the option to upgrade the 320d sport line with the navigation system present in the 328i ?
Old 4th December 2012, 12:23   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju
Does BMW give the option to upgrade the 320d sport line with the navigation system present in the 328i ?
No, they dont. The navigation system present in the 328i is not supported in the 320d sportline, mainly because the 320d comes with a smaller idrive screen.
Old 5th December 2012, 22:51   #160
BHPian

Yes now they do. BMW has launched another variant 320D Sportline Plus. Its got reverse camera with the larger screen and display.
I am attaching the specification file sent to me by my dealer. He wanted me to change my booking to Sportline Plus as they would supply is faster.
Then , today evening I got a call from them saying Alpine White with Saddle Brown interior can be delivered by December last week. My first preference was Alpine White with Beige interiors, but they are unsure about the delivery period. Please suggest whether I should go for Alpine white with Saddle Brown interior for the 320D Luxury Line?
Old 5th December 2012, 23:13   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
Today evening I got a call from them saying Alpine White with Saddle Brown interior can be delivered by December last week. My first preference was Alpine White with Beige interiors, but they are unsure about the delivery period. Please suggest whether I should go for Alpine white with Saddle Brown interior for the 320D Luxury Line?
Believe me, Saddle Brown Interiors do justice to BMW a lot more than beige. Frankly, BMW beige is too light and doesn't give me the same feeling. Plus, every other car in India is beige.

My 525i too is alpine white with saddle brown and even after 3 years, it feels so much better than plain jane black or dirt magnet beige.

And, Congrats on your purchase.
akhilesh51 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 23:21   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Believe me, Saddle Brown Interiors do justice to BMW a lot more than beige. Frankly, BMW beige is too light and doesn't give me the same feeling. Plus, every other car in India is beige.

My 525i too is alpine white with saddle brown and even after 3 years, it feels so much better than plain jane black or dirt magnet beige.

And, Congrats on your purchase.
Thanks Akhilesh. Even I have been going through the international forums about the interior options and everyone seems to be very satisfied in the long run with the saddle brown interiors.
Moreover the new 3 has beige flooring as well in the beige interior which would become very difficult to maintain. My friend has a 330i with beige interiors and after seeing his interior's condition after usage of 2 years I feel I should go ahead and confirm the Saddle Brown.
Old 3rd January 2013, 00:50   #163
BHPian

I really like the alloys of the 328i and the 320d sport line. But I love the saddle brown interiors of the 320d luxury line. Can I get the best of both worlds from the dealer ? Does BMW give the option of configuring cars in that much detail ?
Old 3rd January 2013, 10:55   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
I really like the alloys of the 328i and the 320d sport line. But I love the saddle brown interiors of the 320d luxury line. Can I get the best of both worlds from the dealer ? Does BMW give the option of configuring cars in that much detail ?
Deepjaju, sadly BMWs sold here are in fixed configurations and interior colour combinations with no customisation on options, so the 328i is only in the Sportline trim and with black, red or grey interiors and similar for the 320d Sportline. The 320d Luxuryline has a choice of black, beige or brown interiors. Even if the customer is willing to pay, the 320d Sportline cannot be customised for some of the features available on the 328i like the HUD, reverse camera, larger screen (now available for a limited time in a variant called Sportline Plus at an absurd premium of 1.5 lakhs), sport transmission, larger 18" wheels, steering wheel paddle shifters, etc. Infact I enquired whether I could get the wheels of the 328i for the 320 Sportline here and was told it "might" be possible but at a heavy premium of around Rs. 3 lakhs, which is absolutely ridiculous considering they are a GBP 540 option (less than Rs.50,000) on a new 320d Sportline abroad. Since BMWs are now being sold as mass produced cars in fixed configurations there is no special feeling of customisation for an owner in India unless he imports one of the more expensive CBU variants at a hefty premium and relentlessly long waiting period.

Last edited by bigbadwolf : 3rd January 2013 at 11:01.
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:31   #165
BHPian

Read in Economictimes that BMW has increased prices by 5-6% apparently to maintain premium positioning! Atleast the other car makers would give some excuses like increase in raw material cost, exchange rate fluctation etc, but BMW seems quite brazen.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/17860514.cms

Most Viewed