Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2017, 05:37   #1501
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
My guess is this is going to change quickly. My 530i gives almost 9 -10kmpl in city driving, and runs on normal petrol, which is not so much more expensive than diesel ( maybe 10 Rs. More per litre). I get an incredibly smooth and quiet drive, exceptional acceleration and high speed manners. Finally, I don't have to worry about the emissions related issues and the potential of the vehicle being made end of life after say 10 years by an act of government, resulting in steep fall in value.

That's impressive FE. I've been curious about the FE of petrol Germans. A friend who owns a 2-3 year old last gen petrol C class told me it gives him only 5-6 kmpl. Has there been so much improvements in last few years? Also I find many petrol engines as they get older (my experience with my civic and city ATs), progressively gave lower mileage. I don't know if I did something wrong or is this a general trend with petrols. I haven't ever owned a diesel more than 3 years to know but wondering what's the trend with petrol Germans.

Personally if I could get 9-10 FE via normal petrol for a 7-9 year lifespan Id only go petrol. But I'm sceptical whether that's the case.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 19:30   #1502
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Fastag:

Hi,

Has anyone activated the RFID (Fastag equivalent) on the 320d windscreen to support Fastag at toll gates? I understand Fastag app has been launched by NHAI on Google play store but we need the Fastag "Partner" app to activate the RFID on the car to support Fastag. I am checking through my sources too, but thought I will post it here to check if anyone has done this!

Thanks.
Old 11th September 2017, 17:39   #1503
BHPian

I am looking to buy a pre owned 3 series. Contacted kun bmw dealer in chennai. They have 2012 manafactured but 2014 registered 328i and they are quoting 29 lakhs(negotiable). The car has done 36000 kms. I have quoted 20 lakhs for the car.
It would be helpful if someone gives some information on the market value for this car.
Also the sales executive told me the owner upgraded to M3 and the car has been in their showroom for a year and used internally.
Enquired for extended warranty and the sales executive quoted 2lakhs for 1 year.

Is this a good deal or shall i just skip this deal?
Old 11th September 2017, 17:47   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
I am looking to buy a pre owned 3 series. Contacted kun bmw dealer in chennai. They have 2012 manafactured but 2014 registered 328i and they are quoting 29 lakhs(negotiable). The car has done 36000 kms. I have quoted 20 lakhs for the car.
It would be helpful if someone gives some information on the market value for this car.
Also the sales executive told me the owner upgraded to M3 and the car has been in their showroom for a year and used internally.
Enquired for extended warranty and the sales executive quoted 2lakhs for 1 year.

It's an atrocious deal. I would not pay anything more than 16 lakhs for it. At such prices it will never be sold. 20 lakhs would be fair.

1. Petrol BMWs have poor resale.
2.The car would have only costed 36 lakhs new (a guess), considering the vast discount that BMW offers . The maximum price the car would have been sold at would be 40 lakhs.
3. It's a 5 year old car model wise
4. Even considering the price of a new 328 at 40 lakhs in 2014, 33% depreciation is laughably low.
5. You could get much newer diesel models for similar price of 29 lakhs.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2017 at 09:14. Reason: typo
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 17:57   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
If you can pull off 20L including one year warranty, that would be a good deal to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
2.The car would have only coated 36 lakhs new (a guess), considering the vast discount that BMW offers . The maximum price the car would have been sold at would be 40 lakhs.
No way it was 40L OTR when new. 328i was very rare and there were no discounts on it what so ever. It must have been invoiced at around 45L or so.
the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 18:24   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
It's an atrocious deal. I would not pay anything more than 16 lakhs for it. At such prices it will never be sold.20 lakhs would be fair.

1. Petrol BMWs have poor resale.
2.The car would have only coated 36 lakhs new (a guess), considering the vast discount that BMW offers . The maximum price the car would have been sold at would be 40 lakhs.
3. It's a 5 year old car model wise
4. Even considering the price of a new 328 was 40 lakhs in 2014, 33% depreciation is laughably low.
5. You could get much newer diesel models for similar price of 29 lakhs.
Thanks Ragav for the information. I told them my quote is not more thank 20 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
If you can pull off 20L including one year warranty, that would be a good deal to make.

No way it was 40L OTR when new. 328i was very rare and there were no discounts on it what so ever. It must have been invoiced at around 45L or so.
Thanks mate for the information.
I have told them my offer of not more than 20 lakhs. Also the premium selection , they are offering standard one year warranty.
Have to inspect the car and then make my decision

Last edited by theMAG : 11th September 2017 at 19:56. Reason: Back-back posts < 20 mins. Please EDIT moving forward.
ramb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 11:59   #1507
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

This price is a bit high. I think 20-23 lacs max depending on the condition is a good price. Being an enthusiast car, and available in such limited quantities we can't really find a market price for this.

Quote:
It's an atrocious deal. I would not pay anything more than 16 lakhs for it. At such prices it will never be sold. 20 lakhs would be fair.
Cmon, 16 lacs is a joke. My previous generation 320d sold for way more than that last year. And its not just a petrol car, its an enthusiasts car.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 13:01   #1508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Are you serious? How did you miss this all this while.
Start stop on petrol BMW is way smoother than Diesel ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Hi EP,

Appreciate your valued feedback. How it is ageing ?

Due to my recent shift to Delhi-NCR, now I have access to both Cermaic Pro & Opti-coat ceramic coatings franchise shops. Will seat with them & discuss on application process/product/packages/cost/warranty. You have first hand experience, so requesting your help.

Cheers
Sail.
Will not recommend the Rs 30k ++ OptiCoat, not worth it. It needs to be redone every 8 months to keep the gloss finish intact.

Quote:
20 Lakhs is fine, it depends on how long you intend to keep the car. 2 Lakhs/year for an extended warranty is insane. For reference, I sold mine for 23.5 which was in showroom condition and done around 30k km's with a year and a half of warranty left. It's a great car and 30k isn't much milage, to be honest.

Quote:
I sold my 2013 for 23.5, it cost 45+ new. You can't put a price on rare enthusiast cars. It depends on supply and demand. Also don't make such comments without due research on how much car cost, etc. before making blanket statements. It causes unnecessary distress to owners like us who are trying to sell our vehicles since others read it and treat it as fact.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 13:34   #1509
BHPian

Quote:

I am selling mine 320D in Hyderabad, Self driven with BMW warranty till 2018. If interested please let me know @16.5 (Fixed)

Quote:

The Quote is Quite Expensive. If you are ready for this kind of pricing better buy it from BMW Seconds itself

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 12th September 2017 at 22:28. Reason: Merging back to back posts
manne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 08:23   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
This price is a bit high. I think 20-23 lacs max depending on the condition is a good price. Being an enthusiast car, and available in such limited quantities we can't really find a market price for this.

Yes Akshay. I quoted 20 lakhs for the car. But they are not coming below 24 lakhs.
One more problem is the showroom people had the car for more than a year and used it internally, so my guess is it could have been abused.
Is the service and parts cost for 328i more than 320d? Also I cant opt for Bsi since the car is 5 years old.
As of now I am geeting good deal on a Mercedes cla 2014 car sports edition with odo reading of 12000 kms for 22 lakhs. I am tempted into this deal. Now I have to decide between power(328i) vs looks(cla)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post

20 Lakhs is fine, it depends on how long you intend to keep the car. 2 Lakhs/year for an extended warranty is insane. For reference, I sold mine for 23.5 which was in showroom condition and done around 30k km's with a year and a half of warranty left. It's a great car and 30k isn't much milage, to be honest.

I sold my 2013 for 23.5, it cost 45+ new. You can't put a price on rare enthusiast cars. It depends on supply and demand. Also don't make such comments without due research on how much car cost, etc. before making blanket statements. It causes unnecessary distress to owners like us who are trying to sell our vehicles since others read it and treat it as fact.
The only reference is that the car has done 36k kms. Thats why i looked into this deal. 2 years down the line, not sure what is the annual cost of maintaining the car would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manne View Post
I am selling mine 320D in Hyderabad, Self driven with BMW warranty till 2018. If interested please let me know @16.5 (Fixed)

The Quote is Quite Expensive. If you are ready for this kind of pricing better buy it from BMW Seconds itself
Thanks. I have pm ed you. Could you please reply to it?

The problem is if I dont go with showroom, i do not get the warranty. I had bad experience on my polo when it went out of warranty.
Old 13th September 2017, 13:17   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only reference is that the car has done 36k kms. Thats why i looked into this deal. 2 years down the line, not sure what is the annual cost of maintaining the car would be.
Try connecting with the senior sales manager at the dealership. They will be keen to let go of the car for sure as petrol BMW's don't attract too many buyers. Also, unfortunately, post-GST used cars have become dearer so the tax component must be around 1.5 lakh in this deal.

Regular usage won't be too expensive servicing wise. Maybe a lakh a year if you're using the car 10-15k in 365 days including oil changes and brake-pad/wiper changes.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 14:28   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Try connecting with the senior sales manager at the dealership. They will be keen to let go of the car for sure as petrol BMW's don't attract too many buyers. Also, unfortunately, post-GST used cars have become dearer so the tax component must be around 1.5 lakh in this deal.

Regular usage won't be too expensive servicing wise. Maybe a lakh a year if you're using the car 10-15k in 365 days including oil changes and brake-pad/wiper changes.
Thanks mate for the information on the maintenence part.
I am trying to contact the permium selection manager and talk with him directly. Now the Audi guys are trying to push me A3 premium plus (new) for 31 on road. Really confused in making a decision.If the 328i comes for 20 l , i will go with bmw deal.
Old 13th September 2017, 14:36   #1513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now I have to decide between power(328i) vs looks(cla)!
328i is great but as a buyer it's better not to be a victim of demand vs supply equation. Leaving the price aside, 328i is 5+years old, has been used by staff for a year, etc. You should drop it from your list.

Try to look for a common enough car that has sufficient supply in the market. You will not only get a better price, but can also expect a very clean car.

BMW might be a bit cheaper to own if usage is limited due to its condition based servicing model. Also BMWs tend to look good even after their replacements start plying on the road.

If you are keen on buying a petrol, check new BMW itself. Don't look at the initial cost alone, but compare cost of ownership per year.

Otherwise 320d is a good bet

Edit: CLA over A3 any day.

Last edited by androdev : 13th September 2017 at 14:39.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 15:28   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
328i is great but as a buyer it's better not to be a victim of demand vs supply equation. Leaving the price aside, 328i is 5+years old, has been used by staff for a year, etc. You should drop it from your list.

Try to look for a common enough car that has sufficient supply in the market. You will not only get a better price, but can also expect a very clean car.

BMW might be a bit cheaper to own if usage is limited due to its condition based servicing model. Also BMWs tend to look good even after their replacements start plying on the road.

If you are keen on buying a petrol, check new BMW itself. Don't look at the initial cost alone, but compare cost of ownership per year.

Otherwise 320d is a good bet

Edit: CLA over A3 any day.
Thanks Androdev for your inputs. The chennai bmw dealer do not have much diesel 3series. They have a lot of 5 series.
Maybe I have to postpone my purchase for a month and if any 320d comes in, will have make the purchase.
In the mean time planning to test drive cla from preowned mercedez and see how it goes.
Old 13th September 2017, 15:37   #1515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Androdev for your inputs. The chennai bmw dealer do not have much diesel 3series. They have a lot of 5 series.
Maybe I have to postpone my purchase for a month and if any 320d comes in, will have make the purchase.
In the mean time planning to test drive cla from preowned mercedez and see how it goes.
I don't think you have a lot to gain by buying directly from the dealer. Whatever checks they do to buy a car, you can also do the same. The cash you save will make up for the warranty they offer.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks