Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 09:29   #1531
Distinguished - BHPian

I would ask them for a detailed history. Who was the first owner and were there any subsequent owners? Is it registered in the name of a company? Did the BMW dealer sell it or is it own d by BMW Chennai factory? Please do a thorough inspection of ownership records. Also they mentioned it was a different colour which was warped, but not quite able to remember this part. I would start with an inspection of all documents, invoice, RC Book, insurance etc. Also ask your hem point blank if they will provide at least one years warranty from BMW since h car is 5 years old.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 13:17   #1532
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I would ask them for a detailed history. Who was the first owner and were there any subsequent owners? Is it registered in the name of a company? Did the BMW dealer sell it or is it own d by BMW Chennai factory? Please do a thorough inspection of ownership records. Also they mentioned it was a different colour which was warped, but not quite able to remember this part. I would start with an inspection of all documents, invoice, RC Book, insurance etc. Also ask your hem point blank if they will provide at least one years warranty from BMW since h car is 5 years old.
Thanks for the detailed information. When I visit the the showroom, I will make sure that I do a thorough inspection on the points that you have mentioned.
As far as I know, bmw provides 1 year warranty if we buy from their premium selection. Corrrect me if I am wrong.
Old 24th September 2017, 22:45   #1533
BHPian

The car is a 328i alright, but a CBU ! Hence the specs/ options are different from the CKD 328i Sportline that was sold in 2013-14.
This car has been with BMW India first and then sitting at the dealer in Chennai for a while.
ecclipse78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 01:08   #1534
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Ramb,

Check this link : BHPian Turbonator had almost picked a used M5 - but the pics helped to identify it as the dealership car which was handed out to journalists / press to use / abuse.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...-driven-5.html (BMW M5 : Driven)

I would suggest you post some details or pics of the car. Am sure some BHPian would have spotted it somewhere or would have some knowledge on its usage by the showroom for the year that it's been around with her.

A quick search resulted in the following :

https://www.cardekho.com/used-car-de...ai_1379974.htm

https://m.cartrade.com/buy-used-cars....html#detailed

And from the dealers official website :
https://www.bmwusedcars.in/kun-exclu...eries/776.html

Last edited by v12 : 25th September 2017 at 01:27.
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 03:11   #1535
BANNED

I think the model for sale is similar in spec to the 328i that Bhpian quickdraw picked up from the BMW pre owned division. Refer to his thread for more info
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 23:05   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
The car is a 328i alright, but a CBU ! Hence the specs/ options are different from the CKD 328i Sportline that was sold in 2013-14.
This car has been with BMW India first and then sitting at the dealer in Chennai for a while.
I am guessing the same thing. Thats why a gap of 2 years from production to registration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hello Ramb,

Check this link : BHPian Turbonator had almost picked a used M5 - but the pics helped to identify it as the dealership car which was handed out to journalists / press to use / abuse.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...-driven-5.html (BMW M5 : Driven)

I would suggest you post some details or pics of the car. Am sure some BHPian would have spotted it somewhere or would have some knowledge on its usage by the showroom for the year that it's been around with her.

A quick search resulted in the following :

https://www.cardekho.com/used-car-de...ai_1379974.htm

https://m.cartrade.com/buy-used-cars....html#detailed

And from the dealers official website :
https://www.bmwusedcars.in/kun-exclu...eries/776.html
Thanks a lot for the information. Its the same car that you have mentioned in the above link. Would be visiting the dealer next week since my home town is around 300 kms from chennai. Will td the car and update the pics. Also planning to see the details of previous ownership,vin, registration, service records and then base my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I think the model for sale is similar in spec to the 328i that Bhpian quickdraw picked up from the BMW pre owned division. Refer to his thread for more info
Thanks mate. I will refer to his thread.

Last edited by ramb : 25th September 2017 at 23:12.
ramb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 14:08   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
I am guessing the same thing. Thats why a gap of 2 years from production to registration.
Is your's a Nov 2012 manufacture? Usually, cars take a few months to get here when they are imported via the CBU route. And possibility car was not being used on the road hence not registered. Not uncommon.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 15:21   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Is your's a Nov 2012 manufacture? Usually, cars take a few months to get here when they are imported via the CBU route. And possibility car was not being used on the road hence not registered. Not uncommon.
Thanks for a valid point. I was actually confused and your point makes sense. When they had locally assemebld 328i, why did bmw import these cars.? Any suggestions?
Old 26th September 2017, 16:04   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
Thanks for a valid point. I was actually confused and your point makes sense. When they had locally assemebld 328i, why did bmw import these cars.? Any suggestions?
CKD kits were different. CBU Luxury lines all of them have a manufacture of late 2012 and registration of Mid 2013 to Mid 2014. I think there are 8-10 cars max which were here in this trim.

These cars were imported for press, dealers and corporate use. This was done to gauge intrest and garner bookings and accordingly decide the amount of CKD kits that will be needed to be imported into the country.

My car was also owned by BMW and sold to me by my dealer on their behalf. You can PM me and I'll share my contact number if you have any questions regarding the 328i. I've covered most common issues I had in my thread here
Old 27th September 2017, 09:15   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
CKD kits were different. CBU Luxury lines all of them have a manufacture of late 2012 and registration of Mid 2013 to Mid 2014. I think there are 8-10 cars max which were here in this trim.

These cars were imported for press, dealers and corporate use. This was done to gauge intrest and garner bookings and accordingly decide the amount of CKD kits that will be needed to be imported into the country.

My car was also owned by BMW and sold to me by my dealer on their behalf. You can PM me and I'll share my contact number if you have any questions regarding the 328i. I've covered most common issues I had in my thread here
Thanks quickdraw for all the information. Your ownership thread was really useful. I will PM you.
ramb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 20:01   #1541
BHPian

Hello folks,

This is just to share an excellent after sales service received from BMW India (2nd time).

Left Delhi NCR on early AM of 29th Sep, headed for Katra & planned a visit to Mata Vaisno Devi on 30th.

Just after passing Ludhiana, suddenly there was a Diwali on my iDrive & MID, showing multiple failures of: Dynamic Stability Control, ABS, Rear Spoiler (it’s a GT), parking brake & Run Flat Tire monitoring system. iDrive instruction reads: “ Car is unsafe to drive at higher speed, drive moderately, avoid sudden acceleration & hard braking. Head to BMW service station immediately.

Initially was at bay on what to do? As my JMD online Yatra Parchi booked for 30th, wife & kid were travelling with me and I still had 330 odd KMs to cover.

Rang up BMW road-side assistance, they took details of the car registration no & all alarm details and informed me that they will call me up very soon. With-in 3-4 min received a call from them & they assured that since the car is in drivable condition, I should head for BMW Ludhiana very carefully ( to my luck it was just 9 kms behind). In-between I receive a call from BMW Ludhiana technical expert too, asking for the details on the problems.

We greeted by BMW Ludhiana in a way, which is far above my expectations (point to be noted, I did not purchase the car from them, neither I stay there). To my surprise they diagnosed the problem very quickly & pointed out that the faulty rear right tire sensor caused all trouble. (This type of issues takes ages to identify & solve). Unfortunately there was no spare sensor with them, neither BMW Chandigarh, which is nearby.

In-between I called up BMW customer service & explained my problem in hand & what is their advice, if I should drop the car and go ahead with my journey in a cab.

They had a couple of GTs standing in the showroom for sale. On specific instruction from BMW India, they removed that particular sensor from one of the GT & fixed to my car. And all problems solved, she was all good to go.

Safely completed the Darshan & came back with-out any further issues.
I have BSI+BRI with the car, once again those were ‘money well spent’. Not a single penny spent from my pocket. Received couple of call from BMW Ludhiana on the car’s health.

That was an excellent gesture from BMW India on replacing the spare from a new (unsold car). They easily could have made me wait till the spare part arrives & spoil my holy holiday.

Total time spent at BMW Ludhiana: 5.5 hrs.

Cheers
Sail
Sail is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 20:49   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post

That was an excellent gesture from BMW India on replacing the spare from a new (unsold car). They easily could have made me wait till the spare part arrives & spoil my holy holiday.

Total time spent at BMW Ludhiana: 5.5 hrs.
Great to hear a happy experience, I think it depends on your dealer really. I know @Turbanator has good things to say about the Chandigarh or Ludhiana dealer (don't remember).

Even I faced a completely different experience this time with Bird Auto, the purchase and delivery were excellent. The showroom and service centre was much better than the Faridabad Dealer (Deutsche).
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 21:39   #1543
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On specific instruction from BMW India, they removed that particular sensor from one of the GT & fixed to my car
I am not sure if BMW India will get involved to that levels but if they are doing, its great. Most likely this decision could have been well taken at dealership level, I remember sometime in 2010, Bird Auto took one 20 Inch Tyre from a BMW owned X6 car, those days that size was pretty hard to find ( even today) and helped me in shipping to Ahmedabad, I was travelling to Kandla and tyre burst on way.

Quote:
good things to say about the Chandigarh or Ludhiana dealer
Both are owned by the same guy and the owner is really passionate how things are run at his place. He gets actively involved in the day to day operations and such setup is far better than what we have in Delhi where 2 dealerships are owned by large corporate houses and senior management changes every couple of months or so.

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th October 2017 at 21:44.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 18:54   #1544
BHPian

hi

took a test drive of the x1 x line followed by the 320 d luxury edition. the ride was over reasonable roads in mumbai.

I could feel the road bumps/uneven patches much more in the x1 than the 320 d. Of course the driving experience in the 320 was a different level altogether with the acceleration and the ability to weave in and out of traffic.

Anyone aware of the current discounts being offered on the 320 d. The on-road price in mumbai is 48.84 L (edition sport) and (52.8) luxury.

Need to buy a drivers car for myself. Should I be looking at either the C class or the A4. Looking forward for inputs .
Old 15th October 2017, 19:35   #1545
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Need to buy a drivers car for myself. Should I be looking at either the C class or the A4. Looking forward for inputs .
Neither will give you the driving pleasure of the 320d, period. Also, I'd strongly recommend you look at the Sport + variant since it has it all the features you would expect from a sedan of this price.

Also, the one thing that I miss is the cruise control, that can be added as a kit if you wish to.

Ongoing discounts are in the range of 2.5-3 lac depending on the color and the variant, however, you should be able to negotiate for more, take along one of our veteran BMW customers from the forum.

Last edited by n.devdath : 15th October 2017 at 19:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks