Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2018, 15:30   #1711
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanj947 View Post
It has proven to be very poor VFM considering that I have done only 25,000 km so far.
It really isn't VFM unless the running is very high (>25000kms per year).

Quote:
Status of Brake pad/disks as seen on Idrive shows replacement due at 40-42,000 km. No way i can cover this in next 1 month!
Can anyone advise me if the reading as per Idrive is accurate ?
iDrive is quite accurate so I would trust the numbers there.
Quote:
Is there anyway i can insist on brake pads/disks replacement even if it doesn't show up in the service notifications?
I doubt that it can be done under BSI.

Quote:
I am not planning to purchase an extension package for the BSI but will probably go in for extended warranty of 2 years.
Any pointers on expected cost of the extended warranty?
Good decision of not extending BSI. Extended warranty is a must though. I am not aware of the current prices but it is definitely way cheaper than BSI.
the_skyliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 17:25   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks,

Any pointers on expected cost of the extended warranty?
This is what I was quoted in Dec 17 when my I opted for extended warranty.

3rd year/200km Rs.31970
4th year/200km Rs.71070
5th year/200km Rs.139035
6th year/200km Rs.281069

200km I think is 200000 kms. I opted for 5 year warranty as my car does less than 6K per year. For your case it might be less as you had BSI for 3 years. Probably they might take out 3rd year warranty cost from the 5 year warranty, so effectively around a lakh for 2 more years of extended warranty.

Last edited by shivasuma : 20th August 2018 at 17:28.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 21:11   #1713
BHPian

Hi guys, I had a question on apple carplay. I have a 2015 luxury line which doesn't come with carplay. How much does it cost to enable carplay and where can I get it? Thanks in advance.
Old 20th September 2018, 21:34   #1714
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Hi guys, I had a question on apple carplay. I have a 2015 luxury line which doesn't come with carplay. How much does it cost to enable carplay and where can I get it? Thanks in advance.
Check this thread. Details on activating CarPlay is documented here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...eries-g30.html
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 22:33   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Check this thread. Details on activating CarPlay is documented here.

Looks like the store link in this thread is not working anymore.
Old 21st September 2018, 07:10   #1716
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Looks like the store link in this thread is not working anymore.
Yes. It is not working anymore. There is another post in the later part of the thread where a user has mentioned that the store has moved to a different location.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4448261

Even this new link does not work. Maybe BMW is acting on these websites and closing them down. So, in case there is any problem in the update, there is absolutely no way to get any form of support. That is risky!

PS: This looks like the AliExpress stores that sell VCDS cables for VAG cars with cracked software. These stores exist only for a short window. After sometime they close shop and move to a different name.
Old 28th September 2018, 22:12   #1717
BHPian

Hi guys/akshay/karan,

I suffered a major disaster two days back. My car 320d got flooded here in Bangalore due to heavy rains and overflow of drains. It was parked in the basement. The water had risen to above the wheel arch (approx 2 feet). We immediately pumped out the water. However water had entered the cabin upto the lower part of the seat but not the back rest. I was lucky enough to have platinum grade comprehensive insurance from HDFC ergo and am claiming full damages.

Navnit bangalore has assured me that water has not entered the engine however all the electrical components on the floor are affected. They said that according to their policy, everything including seats, floor mats, headlight assemblies, etc. will be replaced and not fixed. This was a relieving for me to hear as I loved her too much!

Any advice/similar horror stories from you guys who have gone thru similar incidents? Please advice. They said it will take 4 to 6 weeks for delivery of the car. Since its a current F30 LCI variant, I dont think they should have any issues sourcing the parts.
kiranjoshy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 23:43   #1718
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
Hi guys/akshay/karan,

I suffered a major disaster two days back. My car 320d got flooded here in Bangalore due to heavy rains and overflow of drains. It was parked in the basement. The water had risen to above the wheel arch (approx 2 feet). We immediately pumped out the water. However water had entered the cabin upto the lower part of the seat but not the back rest. I was lucky enough to have platinum grade comprehensive insurance from HDFC ergo and am claiming full damages.

Navnit bangalore has assured me that water has not entered the engine however all the electrical components on the floor are affected. They said that according to their policy, everything including seats, floor mats, headlight assemblies, etc. will be replaced and not fixed. This was a relieving for me to hear as I loved her too much!

Any advice/similar horror stories from you guys who have gone thru similar incidents? Please advice. They said it will take 4 to 6 weeks for delivery of the car. Since its a current F30 LCI variant, I dont think they should have any issues sourcing the parts.
Well since your insurance has it covered, nothing much to really worry about. Also its not gone into the engine, so that's a relief.

Don't worry about it, and I'm sure your car will come back just like new.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 15:25   #1719
BHPian

Hi

I have iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 12. For some time the name of the person calling does not show on the 320 d i drive. While the numbers used to be saved earlier now every time the i drive shows there are no numbers/ names . Hence when i need to call I have to do it on the phone only and then talk through the I drive/ mic ect. The Bluetooth connection is okay and no issue about streaming music ect
Old 15th October 2018, 13:57   #1720
BHPian

Not sure if this question has been asked before, but is it possible to enable andrioid auto on the F30 (LCI). I have the 320d sportsline - MY17. After using android auto in my newly acquired Ecosport , the lack of Android auto is a bit of an annoyance
Old 15th October 2018, 15:49   #1721
Senior - BHPian

Android Auto (AA) is not an official feature of any BMW sold to date. AFAIK BMW is sticking with CarPlay only since a long time now. Its one of the few brands that offers wireless CarPlay support too. The main attraction to use AA used to be the GMaps on the iDrive. Since iOS 12 supports third party maps to be displayed on the screen, it affirms BMW's decision to not introduce AA.
Old 15th October 2018, 16:04   #1722
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea if BMW changes the brake pads and discs together or are they changed separately? The iDrive mentions only brake pads with no mention of the discs. My 5 year/60k km BSI package is going to expire in 2 months and I was wondering if my discs were changed or not along with the brake pads which were changed once during these 5 years. Psychological may be but I am feel the brake bite had gone down quite a bit. Can this also be due to the change of tyres from the Bridgestone RFTs to Michelin PS3?
Old 15th October 2018, 16:59   #1723
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Not sure if this question has been asked before, but is it possible to enable andrioid auto on the F30 (LCI). I have the 320d sportsline - MY17. After using android auto in my newly acquired Ecosport , the lack of Android auto is a bit of an annoyance
As Adi mentioned, BMW only supports CarPlay. If your head unit has the supporting hardware, it is possible to enable CarPlay. Check out the below thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Any idea if BMW changes the brake pads and discs together or are they changed separately? The iDrive mentions only brake pads with no mention of the discs. My 5 year/60k km BSI package is going to expire in 2 months and I was wondering if my discs were changed or not along with the brake pads which were changed once during these 5 years. Psychological may be but I am feel the brake bite had gone down quite a bit. Can this also be due to the change of tyres from the Bridgestone RFTs to Michelin PS3?
How many kilometers has the car done and when were the brake pads changed?

The discs are changed only if required. Usually, it would be a disc change during every other brake pad change. If you already have one set of pads changed, and if you are getting information on iDrive for brake pad change, they may change the pads and discs this time. As your BSI is going to be over in 2 months, why don't you take the car to the service center and have them check the pads and discs and see if they can replace them both before the BSI is over?
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 17:02   #1724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
A
How many kilometers has the car done and when were the brake pads changed?
As your BSI is going to be over in 2 months, why don't you take the car to the service center and have them check the pads and discs and see if they can replace them both before the BSI is over?
Yes the engine oil service is anyways due so will be taking the car to them. The first set was changed around the 30-40k kms mark ( front first and then rear ones later). The second set is still atleast a 30k kms away from change.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 17:58   #1725
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Any idea if BMW changes the brake pads and discs together or are they changed separately? Psychological may be but I am feel the brake bite had gone down quite a bit. Can this also be due to the change of tyres from the Bridgestone RFTs to Michelin PS3?
They change the pads and discs separately, depending on their condition. The iDrive doesnt not indicate disc wear separately, since the wear sensors are on the pads and not the discs.

Brake feel cannot be different due to a tire change, infact, new tires, after the first 500km or so actually feel grippier.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed