Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2019, 14:47   #1801
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Hello,
Need some guidance
I知 planning to move to Noida due to a job change-
1. Any feedback on the local BMW service in Noida/NCR?

2. As my car is MH registered- is it an issue to drive it in Noida Delhi Gurgaon as I frequently see MH cops harassing out of state registered cars here - ?

3. Lastly I知 tempted to drive down from Mumbai to Noida but my employers have offered to get the car transported - would welcome tips/ suggestions on both options.
Old 3rd March 2019, 16:02   #1802
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanj947 View Post
Hello,
Need some guidance
I知 planning to move to Noida due to a job change-
1. Any feedback on the local BMW service in Noida/NCR?

2. As my car is MH registered- is it an issue to drive it in Noida Delhi Gurgaon as I frequently see MH cops harassing out of state registered cars here - ?

3. Lastly I知 tempted to drive down from Mumbai to Noida but my employers have offered to get the car transported - would welcome tips/ suggestions on both options.
BMW service is pretty consistent in the NCR.

NCR cops never bother looking at registration plates, simply too many out of state cars there.

It's an easy peasy drive, if you Co can reimburse the costs, else, have them transport it if the costs hurt.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 09:47   #1803
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Finally took the plunge and bought a mediterranean blue 320D luxury line. It was a 2018 manufacture (The dealership received it in September 2018) and had run 3000 kms as a showroom demo car.

Car was delivered in mint condition with the new car smell intact.

Hope to learn and contribute to this post and forum about my ownership experience.

Regards

Vineet
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 09:56   #1804
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Finally took the plunge and bought a mediterranean blue 320D luxury line. It was a 2018 manufacture (The dealership received it in September 2018) and had run 3000 kms as a showroom demo car.
Congratulations on the new car. Wishing you tens of thousands of miles and smiles.

Post some pictures of your car.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 10:46   #1805

In view of great discounts on the 320 D Luxary Line, should I take the plunge and go for it or would I regret this after seeing the next gen 320D that is due to be out soon? I know that the Audi A4 new model is out already but its a lot more expensive when compared to the present 320D P.s; I am only able to afford this because of the discount. Can anyone advise?
Old 7th March 2019, 11:39   #1806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajneesh29 View Post
In view of great discounts on the 320 D Luxary Line, should I take the plunge and go for it or would I regret this after seeing the next gen 320D that is due to be out soon? I know that the Audi A4 new model is out already but its a lot more expensive when compared to the present 320D P.s; I am only able to afford this because of the discount. Can anyone advise?
I went for the 330i recently in view of the discounts. I like the looks of the current (F30 LCI) 3 series and had my eyes on it for last 2 years. Hope this helps
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 11:39   #1807
Senior - BHPian

How much discount are you getting, for a new model there might not be a lot of discounts for a year at least so it depends on your budget

These cars age quite well so looks wont be a issue but you may miss out if some features like connectivity / car play / reverse cam are missing
Old 7th March 2019, 13:15   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajneesh29 View Post
Hi,
I also went in because of the discounts on 320D LL. If i wait for the next gen, the discounts will be reduced significantly, along with a higher pricepoint for it. So it would have gone way out of my budget. I would have ended up with no BMW.

Assuming 12L discount minimum on the 320D luxury line now, and with the new version coming in with say 1L higher price, and maybe a discount of 5L, if any, you will end up paying 8L extra at a minimum.
If you are willing to afford it, then you can wait.

I decided to buy it, knowing that the new gen was around the corner but the same engine and gearbox continues, and the exterior is not radically different.

Yes, the interior of the new gen is significantly different, but the current one is also pretty good looking, inside and outside.

Rgds

Vineet
Old 7th March 2019, 13:18   #1809

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
How much discount are you getting, for a new model there might not be a lot of discounts for a year at least so it depends on your budget

These cars age quite well so looks wont be a issue but you may miss out if some features like connectivity / car play / reverse cam are missing
The discount offered is almost 13 lacs on the Luxary line 320D. The on-road price will come to appox 40 lacs including the service pack etc (which itself is apex 1.75 lacs)

Quote:
Hi,
I also went in because of the discounts on 320D LL. If i wait for the next gen, the discounts will be reduced significantly, along with a higher pricepoint for it. So it would have gone way out of my budget. I would have ended up with no BMW.

Assuming 12L discount minimum on the 320D luxury line now, and with the new version coming in with say 1L higher price, and maybe a discount of 5L, if any, you will end up paying 8L extra at a minimum.
If you are willing to afford it, then you can wait.

I decided to buy it, knowing that the new gen was around the corner but the same engine and gearbox continues, and the exterior is not radically different.

Yes, the interior of the new gen is significantly different, but the current one is also pretty good looking, inside and outside.

Rgds

Vineet
I agree with you. I won't be able to afford the latest model at all. Just needed a bit of reassurance that I am not alone in thinking on these line I am almost convinced about buying the 320D LL. Just had a look at the Volvo S60 AWD as well. the 190 bhp and the novelty of the brand is quite appealing there too. what's your take on the Volvo S60 AWD (diesel) guys?

Last edited by bblost : 7th March 2019 at 13:24. Reason: back to back
Old 30th March 2019, 00:27   #1810
BHPian

Hi Everyone , I have a 2.5 years old 320i which has done 40k Kms . I recently sent my car for service and I was told that the front brake pads and discs both are worn out and need replacement. When I asked the status of the existing pads , advisor told me that I can drive the car for 1000 Kms more with the same Brake pads but he says after 1000 kms I would need to replace the front discs as well along with the pads .

Now I have a question that since there is some life still left in the brake pads , how can the discs worn out at the same time as I have always heard that the discs have much more life than pads and the only reason discs can wear out quickly is when we keep driving with worn out brake pads ?

Is there is a possibility of worn out discs in my case ?
ddndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 11:24   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I also went in because of the discounts on 320D LL. If i wait for the next gen, the discounts will be reduced significantly, along with a higher pricepoint for it.
Can you share the approx. discount you were offered because the dealer I am in touch with is not offering beyond 7 lakhs for Sportline.
Old 30th March 2019, 15:56   #1812
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddndrive View Post
Now I have a question that since there is some life still left in the brake pads , how can the discs worn out at the same time as I have always heard that the discs have much more life than pads and the only reason discs can wear out quickly is when we keep driving with worn out brake pads ?

Is there is a possibility of worn out discs in my case ?
Usually discs are changed every second set of pads. So it is surprising that your discs are worn out along with the pads. It would be good to take a second opinion from an independent garage or another dealer. Also, if the pads have only 1000km life left, you should be getting a warning in the instrument cluster. Are you seeing this warning?
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:57   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Can you share the approx. discount you were offered because the dealer I am in touch with is not offering beyond 7 lakhs for Sportline.
Hi,
For the 320D luxury line, 12L was the discount on offer.

Rgds

Vineet
Old 3rd April 2019, 21:19   #1814
BHPian

Hi folks,

I had purchased my 320d on 31/3/17 and did my first year service on 4/4/18 with 4000+ kms left because iDrive & km reading turned amber starting 03/18. I asked the SA whether I can do the service in Apr 18 since March is a busy month for me. He said it was fine.

Now I extended my warranty for 2 addl yrs and one of the clauses under customer responsibility states "whereby the calculated CBS oil service value (mileage or time) has been adhered to or exceeded up to a max of 10% of the calculated value". When I asked the SA whether last year's service in Apr instead of Mar will affect any future warranty claim (on engine) he said couple of days should not matter but he can't confirm in writing. He also said engine failure in 4-5 yrs in unheard of whereas warranty covers other items too.

I have 4 weeks to cancel my warranty. Am I reading too much into this clause? I wish mileage was given more importance because this year too I have 6K kms left and service is due in Apr 19. If I don't extend warranty then I need not bother about month and can service the car in June/July.

Is it ok to service when balance km drops below 1k or should I stick to month based cut off and go with extd warranty and hope engine based warranty claim, if any in future, will not be rejected by BMW?

Note: I also learnt that 5th/6th year warranty extn can be taken before end of 4th yr warranty i.e. if you take 2 yrs addl now.
Old 3rd April 2019, 21:34   #1815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly66 View Post
I had purchased my 320d on 31/3/17 and did my first year service on 4/4/18 with 4000+ kms left because iDrive & km reading turned amber starting 03/18. I asked the SA whether I can do the service in Apr 18 since March is a busy month for me. He said it was fine.

"whereby the calculated CBS oil service value (mileage or time) has been adhered to or exceeded up to a max of 10% of the calculated value".

Am I reading too much into this clause? I wish mileage was given more importance because this year too I have 6K kms left and service is due in Apr 19. If I don't extend warranty then I need not bother about month and can service the car in June/July.

Is it ok to service when balance km drops below 1k or should I stick to month based cut off and go with extd warranty and hope engine based warranty claim, if any in future, will not be rejected by BMW?
By your purchase date, you had exceeded the first service only by 5 days. Even if you consider a month, a month in a year is still less than 10%. So, I don't think you have to worry anything about BMW not honoring your warranty.

Another way of looking at this: BMW should be aware of your service in April and if they still issue the warranty, I don't think they can refuse warranty in the future unless they add an exclusion on certain parts because you did not get your service in time. If they have not added such an exclusion, and if they refuse warranty because of your late service, then they have actually wrongfully taken money from you for warranty, which they would never do.

So, go ahead with your extended warranty and have peace of mind.

They have CBS for a reason. Even if you do not drive the distance, oil loses it's characteristics like viscocity over time. That is why they have time as one of the parameters for oil change. So, stick to the service schedule as notified by the CBS.

Last edited by graaja : 3rd April 2019 at 21:36.
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks