Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 15:03   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post
Hi guys!

I've got an offer for a June 2018 320d Sport Shadow edition, around 12k on the odo, for around 34L (registration inclusive). It's from a BMW Premium Selection dealer. Sound like a good deal? Or should I push for a bargain considering the kind of discounts that BMW was pushing in the final phase of the outgoing model? Honestly my budget is around 30L, so trying to get it down to as close to that as possible. Thoughts?

Your budget is bang on if you're looking for this kind of deal. 34 is steep, 30 is reasonable, but 27-28 would be the best deal IMO. 12000km is a good amount of mileage in a year and it means you'll be spending up soon on first service and tyres. Think about it, also check if it comes with insurance renewed or not.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 01:54   #1877
ais
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I honestly never considered B12's or anything which would further lower the car.
Does the warranty get affected on replacement of dampers?
Old 28th July 2019, 11:25   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post
I got this mail too. My car was inspected and they determined that it required an EGR replacement. Apparently most cars are fine with servicing, however about 50 cars in Mumbai need an EGR replacement (incl. mine).

I recommend that you send your car for a check up. The EGR components are imported from Germany so there may be a lag if it requires replacement.

Hope this helps
They were trying to say they will inspect and replace only if necessary. I sent an email stating:

"If it is not replaced I will need a letter from BMW stating that "BMW has done a thorough check of Exhaust-gas recirculation cooler of vehicle no. KA xx xx xxxx and found that there is no need for any replacement. In future, if any leak develops in the Exhaust-gas recirculation cooler over the service life of the vehicle leading to any localized scorching on the intake system or to a vehicle fire, BMW will take full responsibility and compensate for any loss."

They ordered the part (without any inspection) and I got it replaced yesterday.
Kelly66 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 15:01   #1879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
Does the warranty get affected on replacement of dampers?
Yes it does, the moment you put on after marker dampers like Bilstein's, your suspension warranty would get void. BMW would not honour any other claim related to suspension parts like mounts, control arms, steering column etc. My car was 4 years old and only had 1 year warranty left so i took the plunge.

Warranty would be void only on suspension and not other parts of the car like engine, transmission etc.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 20:13   #1880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post
I got this mail too. My car was inspected and they determined that it required an EGR replacement. Apparently most cars are fine with servicing, however about 50 cars in Mumbai need an EGR replacement (incl. mine).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly66 View Post
They ordered the part (without any inspection) and I got it replaced yesterday.
My 320d's EGR cooler was also replaced today under this recall campaign.

I had proactively reached BMW a few months ago (since I felt this is a very serious matter with a small chance of potential fire, and I was keen to get this fixed ASAP), and that time they inspected my car's EGR system and told me everything is fine. They told me I could continue driving without worrying about the fire risk. However, at the same time, they told me that BMW had asked them to replace all affected cars' EGR coolers anyways, just to be safe, and they would call me when the parts were available.

Accordingly, I received an official email about this recall a couple of weeks ago asking me to visit their service center. I visited yesterday, and under this campaign, they replaced the EGR Cooler assembly. Since they can work on the EGR system only when the engine is cold, I had to leave my car there for a day. I left my car there yesterday and today I promptly got a call back from the Service Advisor updating me that the replacement has been done, and the car was given to me well within promised time. Everything was handled very smoothly and professionally, and I am super happy with BMW service experience.
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 21:32   #1881
BHPian

Hi guys, just got my hands on a Garmin Dash Cam 55. I've just recently purchased a used 320d from Infinity Motors, awaiting delivery after the technical checks on the car. Was wondering if the BMW service centres help in the installation of non-BMW accessories that require more complicated wiring (like dash cam to fuse box). I'm sure their fit and finish would be better than doing it outside. Any thoughts?
Old 2nd August 2019, 21:35   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Your budget is bang on if you're looking for this kind of deal. 34 is steep, 30 is reasonable, but 27-28 would be the best deal IMO. 12000km is a good amount of mileage in a year and it means you'll be spending up soon on first service and tyres. Think about it, also check if it comes with insurance renewed or not.
Just thought I'd let you know, the Sport Shadow edition got sold while I was haggling with them, BUT got an early 2018 320d Luxury Line on road with 3 years extended warranty for 32.2L. Could have brought it down more, but didn't want to stall and make the same mistake twice. Very happy with the deal, and hopefully an ownership review coming soon!
Old 2nd August 2019, 22:23   #1883
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
B6
I'll be getting the B6 installed by BMW workshop. Getting them through KS Motorsport, Mumbai.

Did you do the same? Was wheel alignment done after installation?
Old 4th August 2019, 11:41   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
I'll be getting the B6 installed by BMW workshop. Getting them through KS Motorsport, Mumbai.

Did you do the same? Was wheel alignment done after installation?
Would the BMW workshop indulge in installing aftermarket dampers? I too would like to install Bilstein B6s on my 320i but am not aware of any reliable workshops in Jaipur that could undertake such a project. If BMW allows such installations at their dealership I would be very happy
Old 5th August 2019, 18:18   #1885
BHPian

Been wondering if anyone around here has added any M performance parts to their 3ers of late. I've been asking at Infinity for a price list for the black grill, M performance exhaust and side skirts for a while (want to add them to my incoming 2018 320d Luxury Line) but no answers so far. Would anyone have any details about this? And also, are the M Performance Power kits back and officially available?
Old 6th August 2019, 11:59   #1886
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
Would the BMW workshop indulge in installing aftermarket dampers? I too would like to install Bilstein B6s on my 320i but am not aware of any reliable workshops in Jaipur that could undertake such a project. If BMW allows such installations at their dealership I would be very happy
Yes, it does. I have confirmed. Cost is also reasonable.

In case of difficulty, please message me, and we will find an expert who will do the job.
Old 6th August 2019, 12:04   #1887
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Been wondering if anyone around here has added any M performance parts to their 3ers of late. I've been asking at Infinity for a price list for the black grill, M performance exhaust
I have heard the M performance exhaust at Navneet Motors Andheri on the display 330i. It got me to make up my mind to buy the 330i. Mine did not come supplied with the exhaust, but I will go for it eventually. It's about Rs. 1.2 lakhs.

There are apps on the internet using which you can hear the sound difference.

Last edited by ais : 6th August 2019 at 12:06. Reason: Spelling
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:13   #1888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Been wondering if anyone around here has added any M performance parts to their 3ers of late. I've been asking at Infinity for a price list for the black grill, M performance exhaust and side skirts for a while (want to add them to my incoming 2018 320d Luxury Line) but no answers so far. Would anyone have any details about this? And also, are the M Performance Power kits back and officially available?
M performance exhaust is available only for petrol engines, and not for diesel engines, I believe.
Old 6th August 2019, 19:51   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
M performance exhaust is available only for petrol engines, and not for diesel engines, I believe.
Are you talking about current availability, or in general?

My interest was piqued by this thread (BMW Performance Power Kit and Exhaust for the 320D) (albeit from 2012, when the PPKs were officially available)
zebanaff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 20:01   #1890
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Are you talking about current availability, or in general?

My interest was piqued by this thread (BMW Performance Power Kit and Exhaust for the 320D) (albeit from 2012, when the PPKs were officially available)
Based on many websites that I had looked into (while looking for performance exhaust for my 330i GT), I was under the impression that performance exhausts were only for petrol. Seems like I am wrong and diesels also have these performance exhausts. Apologies for the mistake.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks