Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 10:24   #211
BHPian

The sales guy is offering me a car with 2012 make for 3 lacs less. Just like in your case bluebeem.
But he is saying that the model and features are all the same as that of 2013. He even showed me both the cars and they exactly the same apart from the year of manufacture. But he says the billing will be in 2013 since am buying it now.
Strictly thinking in my benefit will it make a difference in the year of manufacture ? Like in re-sale or something ? And if the models, features and saddle brown interior options are available same as that of the 2013 manufactured car then why is the company giving discounts on 2012 make ??
Old 28th May 2013, 11:27   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
The sales guy is offering me a car with 2012 make for 3 lacs less. Just like in your case bluebeem.
But he is saying that the model and features are all the same as that of 2013. He even showed me both the cars and they exactly the same apart from the year of manufacture. But he says the billing will be in 2013 since am buying it now.
Strictly thinking in my benefit will it make a difference in the year of manufacture ? Like in re-sale or something ? And if the models, features and saddle brown interior options are available same as that of the 2013 manufactured car then why is the company giving discounts on 2012 make ??
Hi Deep

Couple of things to consider.
1. The luxury Line cost about 32.25 lacs e showroom till 31st Dec 2012. Then the prices were increased to 34.25 lacs from 1st jan 2013 onwards. So if he is giving you 3 lacs discount on 32.25 - I.e 29.25 lacs for luxury line, that's a great deal.
2. I presume he has jacked up the price of 2012 make to 34.25 and then giving 3 lacs discount I.e final price 31.25 lacs. That translates into 1 lac discount effectively. In this case I would urge you to go to a dealer in delhi or mumbai as those guys are offering 2.5 - 3 lacs discount on 2013 models. Mine was the first 2013 model car in the country and they still gave me 2 lacs discount.

The year of manufacture does make a difference. Apart from little features here n there the resale values are affected by date of manufacture. Even though your billing will be in 2013, your date of manufacture will be printed on the registration. It's also clearly mentioned on the form 21&22 you'll get. I reckon you would fetch about 50k - 1 lac less when reselling a previous years model. Kind of negates the extra discount you get.

There are few updates in the 2013 model that you will notice only post buying the car. The company is giving discounts for this same reason. The car has been standing with the dealer for at least 7 months. The dealer will do everything to offload that first. And there is a feature difference. One noticeable thing would be to check if Bluetooth music streaming is available. Also the 2013 model gets a 10 speaker hifi speaker system with 2 woofers. While the 2012 model has a very average sounding music system.

In a nutshell. If you are getting the 2012 car for under 30 lacs, it's an amazing deal.
For a price of about 31 lacs you will find many dealers offering you the 2013 model.

Last edited by Bluebeem : 28th May 2013 at 11:33.
Old 29th May 2013, 16:33   #213
BHPian

Just heard some rumours that BMW BSI is planning to remove some components covered in their BSI ULTIMATE program by mid June. Can anybody confirm this ?
Old 29th May 2013, 17:46   #214
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Just heard some rumours that BMW BSI is planning to remove some components covered in their BSI ULTIMATE program by mid June. Can anybody confirm this ?
Nope haven't heard anything of that. Did u take a pic of the space saver by any chance ?
Old 29th May 2013, 18:00   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post

Nope haven't heard anything of that. Did u take a pic of the space saver by any chance ?
Hi Deep

Here's the pics. Sorry for the bad quality. It's 45 degrees outside. The only 2 options are to click them in the dark or click them in extremely bright daylight. I chose the latter.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-image1240303489.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-image1795176646.jpg  

Old 29th May 2013, 19:03   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Deep

Here's the pics. Sorry for the bad quality. It's 45 degrees outside. The only 2 options are to click them in the dark or click them in extremely bright daylight. I chose the latter.
Guys I'm confused what exactly is the space saving feature in the above picture?
All I can see is a tyre with cover and cables across in it the dickie. Sorry for my ignorance : )
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 20:30   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

Guys I'm confused what exactly is the space saving feature in the above picture?
All I can see is a tyre with cover and cables across in it the dickie. Sorry for my ignorance : )
Hahaha that's exactly the question that came to my mind when I got it. Naming it "Space Saver" Is BMW's way of laughing at us. It's a relative term. It takes up much less space than the actual alloy wheel would. Hence "space saver"
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 00:32   #218
BHPian

Guys, i had a test drive of 3 series in Kun BMW chennai today of the basic 320d.. The sales person said this doesnt come with the angel eyes.. Is that true.. ?
Old 24th June 2013, 00:42   #219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
Guys, i had a test drive of 3 series in Kun BMW chennai today of the basic 320d.. The sales person said this doesnt come with the angel eyes.. Is that true.. ?
Yes, it is very much true. Only the Xenon lights come with angel eyes on the F30.

P.S. On a BMW, they are called "Corona Rings"
Old 24th June 2013, 10:09   #220
BHPian

Queries on the BMW 3 (F30)

So last year me and my parents came to the wonderful conclusion that we would be one of the first to acquire the BMW 3, right as it launched. We booked it before the official launch actually, so we weren't really given all the information we wanted to know, partly because even the dealerships didn't have the information to give. One of the biggest annoyances was the weird package deals that separated the different type of F30's they offered. For some reason no modern line was released. What was offered was the Sports line, the luxury line, and the luxury plus, and the 328 V6. This was fine by all means because our aim was to get a vehicle that both suited my fathers tastes and mine, and we agreed the luxury was apt. We really did want a sun roof and the larger screen, but what was of absolute necessity to me and my family was the HIFI sound system, which was only featured in the Luxury plus, which was a good 5 Lachs more expensive. We decided $10,000 was really not worth the addition we wanted so we settled for the luxury and agreed that we would get an aftermarket system. So my first question then is where would I go get a system that would blow me away. I did make some inquires with the dealership and they said that if I put in my own system, my car's warranty would be void. I thought this was ridiculous. Can they really tie my sound system to any fault the car naturally encounters? Are they allowed to do this?

Secondly, something that really frustrated me was the fact that 3 months after the car was released, BMW got rid of the luxury plus nonsense and now offer only one version, the luxury, with the aforementioned features of the luxury plus included, even though the only increased the price of the car by a bit. Isn't this decision made in bad faith and can't I do something about it? I emailed a sales executive but I didn't get a response. I'm not sure if this was them ignoring me or if it was them not recieving the email. Who could I contact about this?

Thirdly, buying a bimmer for me has always been a dream, even though, technically its my father's, I definetly would like to soup it up and make it look more athletic than it already is, similar to the B3 Bi-turbo I guess. BMW's website does not feature any information on where I can purchase side skirts, M performance kits, or anything of that sort at all. On top of that, are they the only people who I can buy from or can I go 3rd party with this and will it affect my warranty? If not, where in the city of Chennai can I go to do this or if I have it shipped from other cities in India, anyone have any suggestions?

Fourthly, I've done a lot of reading about the BSI package that BMW offers and a lot of members in this forum rave about its necessity however, we have not opted for it, partly because my parents don't use the car nearly as much as I do and the dealership gave us the option of adding it up to one year after purchasing the car. What does the BSI package include and do I need it? We have subscribed to the BMW Secure package however, which covers all dents and fender benders of sorts.

Lastly, apart from the KUN BMW dealership in Chennai, where would be an appropriate place that other Bimmer or luxury car owners here take their cars in the city of Chennai to have it; detailed and cleaned and fitted for aftermarket products.

Sorry if some of these questions seem naive but it would be great help if I can clear a lot of this up.
Old 24th June 2013, 11:23   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Queries on the BMW 3 (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harusadu View Post
What was offered was the Sports line, the luxury line, and the luxury plus, and the 328 V6.
^ 328i is a straight 4 cyl not a V6

Quote:
This was fine by all means because our aim was to get a vehicle that both suited my fathers tastes and mine, and we agreed the luxury was apt. We really did want a sun roof and the larger screen, but what was of absolute necessity to me and my family was the HIFI sound system, which was only featured in the Luxury plus, which was a good 5 Lachs more expensive. We decided $10,000 was really not worth the addition we wanted so we settled for the luxury and agreed that we would get an aftermarket system. So my first question then is where would I go get a system that would blow me away. I did make some inquires with the dealership and they said that if I put in my own system, my car's warranty would be void. I thought this was ridiculous. Can they really tie my sound system to any fault the car naturally encounters? Are they allowed to do this?
I Guess the best bet would be changing to more premium speakers, this will give you a much better sound experience than the stock & will keep the warranty of the stock head unit in-tact.

Quote:
Secondly, something that really frustrated me was the fact that 3 months after the car was released, BMW got rid of the luxury plus nonsense and now offer only one version, the luxury, with the aforementioned features of the luxury plus included, even though the only increased the price of the car by a bit. Isn't this decision made in bad faith and can't I do something about it? I emailed a sales executive but I didn't get a response. I'm not sure if this was them ignoring me or if it was them not recieving the email. Who could I contact about this?
You may speak to BMW India (Press & Corporate Affairs) about this. Not sure if there would be much of response from them either.

Quote:
Thirdly, buying a bimmer for me has always been a dream, even though, technically its my father's, I definetly would like to soup it up and make it look more athletic than it already is, similar to the B3 Bi-turbo I guess. BMW's website does not feature any information on where I can purchase side skirts, M performance kits, or anything of that sort at all. On top of that, are they the only people who I can buy from or can I go 3rd party with this and will it affect my warranty? If not, where in the city of Chennai can I go to do this or if I have it shipped from other cities in India, anyone have any suggestions?
IMO owning a luxury line i suggest you should be more looking at Alipna than the M_Performance kits.
You may directly order the kits online or may contact people like Racetech or Autopsyche for the same.

Quote:
Fourthly, I've done a lot of reading about the BSI package that BMW offers and a lot of members in this forum rave about its necessity however, we have not opted for it, partly because my parents don't use the car nearly as much as I do and the dealership gave us the option of adding it up to one year after purchasing the car. What does the BSI package include and do I need it? We have subscribed to the BMW Secure package however, which covers all dents and fender benders of sorts.
BSI isnt necessary if your running is less than 10k/year.
BSI includes all your service costs (From oil,fluids to brake pads) for 3 years - 5 years, depending on the package

PS- I dont have a BSI package myself

Last edited by karan561 : 24th June 2013 at 11:46.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 11:41   #222
BHPian

Re: Queries on the BMW 3 (F30)

Oops, I thought that was the primary difference between the 328 and the 320. If its the same engine, maybe I should get mine tuned . The thing is I ran by changing the speakers for my car to a sales associate at the KUN showroom and they said that I would void my warranty by touching the speakers. But I didn't get the logic in that at all. Wouldn't I just lose the warranty pertaining to the speakers themselves? How do I contact corporate affairs? Where can I view and buy Alpina kits online? I can't find it on their website. In the case of BSI, I drive the hell out of the bimmer when I'm home and I rack of kms on it like nothing. I take it out for the sake of taking it out and feeling the drive. Its epic. I think BSI is borderline for me and my family. Also, if I want to make trips to Bangalore or Goa in my car and I don't want to carry a spare because we have the new generation run flats, is there a tyre repair kit I can take a look at that would be worth investing in? I know there are companies that make speakers particularly to fit bimmers's stock layout, but are these the best and are they worth the investment? Thanks a lot Karan!
Old 24th June 2013, 13:01   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
Both base models 320i and 320d don't have the bi-xenon lamps. This is the main price differentiator as the headlight assembly alone costs approx 3.5 lacs.
Old 24th June 2013, 15:49   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both base models 320i and 320d don't have the bi-xenon lamps. This is the main price differentiator as the headlight assembly alone costs approx 3.5 lacs.
So is that 3.5l an optional extra for the 320d? or not offered at all.
I'm very surprised, I was expecting tens of thousands not lacs for those to be honest o.O
Old 24th June 2013, 15:58   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
So is that 3.5l an optional extra for the 320d? or not offered at all.
I'm very surprised, I was expecting tens of thousands not lacs for those to be honest o.O
It's not an option. It comes in the luxury and sports line along with some other additional features like sunroof, window blinds, upgraded music system etc for an extra cost of about 4 lacs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks