Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:49   #241
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Those Alpina wheels are sensational! The tyre-pressure nozzle's location make Alpina wheels a very trick bit of kit! I wonder if these wheels are available in a less-comical size though..
Old 13th October 2013, 23:38   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone enumerate the features that are missing on the 320d ( i.e. the base model)? I am unable to google and find a brochure of any kind detailing the same.
Old 14th October 2013, 00:00   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can anyone enumerate the features that are missing on the 320d ( i.e. the base model)? I am unable to google and find a brochure of any kind detailing the same.
From my buying research done in 2012 dec end, the features missing were Corona rings & xenon headlights(not 100% sure about the xenons), base has 16 inch wheels of a different design as opposed to the 17s on sport & luxury, No sunroof, it doesn't have the rear windscreen blinds & also has just beige interior or maybe black also, not sure, but definitely no red & saddle brown. You'd be happy to know it has the idrive but still I wouldn't suggest baseline, because you will regret not getting those beautiful corona rings. Seriously, go for the baseline only if you really really need to save that extra money. Any more info on the features & stuff on the 320d, please ask.
Veelubai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 00:04   #244
BHPian

Quote:
The specification sheet for 3 series in the 'Downloads' section at http://www.bmw.in/in/en/newvehicles/...oom/index.html has all the features details for base 320d vis-a-vis higher trims.
Tats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 00:06   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here you go, from the website -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW_3_Series.pdf (1.66 MB, 505 views)
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 20:39   #246
BHPian

Hi Veelu,

I just got a baseline in September - Black with beige interiors. The differences are:

1) Sunroof
2) xenon headlights and corona rings
3) hifi music system
4) 16" wheels on baseline. 17" on others.
5) leather seats. My car seats look like leather but I don't think it is real leather

My car has the rear windscreen blinds. I think some old models did not have that.

I did not need the sunroof or hifi system. The thing I really miss in my car are the corona rings. So, if you can stretch your budget, the luxury line is good.

The difference in price is around 3.5 Lakhs. However, the discount on base line is around 1.5lakhs more than the discount on luxury and sport line. I had a tight budget so did not want to pay additional 5L.

All the best.

Whe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
From my buying research done in 2012 dec end, the features missing were Corona rings & xenon headlights(not 100% sure about the xenons), base has 16 inch wheels of a different design as opposed to the 17s on sport & luxury, No sunroof, it doesn't have the rear windscreen blinds & also has just beige interior or maybe black also, not sure, but definitely no red & saddle brown. You'd be happy to know it has the idrive but still I wouldn't suggest baseline, because you will regret not getting those beautiful corona rings. Seriously, go for the baseline only if you really really need to save that extra money. Any more info on the features & stuff on the 320d, please ask.
Old 14th October 2013, 20:58   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post

The difference in price is around 3.5 Lakhs. However, the discount on base line is around 1.5lakhs more than the discount on luxury and sport line. I had a tight budget so did not want to pay additional 5L.
Hi Sunnysm,

Any idea on discount on Sport Line? Is it even less than 1.5L?
Old 14th October 2013, 21:15   #248
BHPian

In NCR, it is around 2L on the sports/luxury line and 3.5 on baseline. If you can get a 2012 chassis, you can negotiate for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Hi Sunnysm,

Any idea on discount on Sport Line? Is it even less than 1.5L?
Sunnysm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 21:18   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Veelu,

I just got a baseline in September - Black with beige interiors. The differences are:

1) Sunroof
3) hifi music system
5) leather seats. My car seats look like leather but I don't think it is real leather
Can you please give me your email id or phone number? I cannot PM you because of your newbie status. Need to ask you a few other details. I was planning to pick up a new fortuner and suddenly from somewhere Dad suggested we can go for a german luxury sedan with the budget pecked at 30L. So can consider the 320d which has been a dream car and shortlisted a few others including the Volvo V4, S60, BMW X1.

Your car's final OTR price came to 30L right? Are there still similar deals available in Delhi?
Old 14th October 2013, 21:31   #250
BHPian

Yes, was around 30. I had asked for the invoice to be emailed to you. Did you get it? You can email me your number on the same id. I will call you.

I can put you in touch with the sales person I dealt with. He was quite good.

Quote:
Can you please give me your email id or phone number? I cannot PM you because of your newbie status. Need to ask you a few other details. I was planning to pick up a new fortuner and suddenly from somewhere Dad suggested we can go for a german luxury sedan with the budget pecked at 30L. So can consider the 320d which has been a dream car and shortlisted a few others including the Volvo V4, S60, BMW X1.

Your car's final OTR price came to 30L right? Are there still similar deals available in Delhi?
Old 14th October 2013, 22:48   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Veelu,

1) Sunroof
3) hifi music system

My car has the rear windscreen blinds. I think some old models did not have that.

I did not need the sunroof or hifi system. The thing I really miss in my car are the corona rings. So, if you can stretch your budget, the luxury line is good.

All the best.

Whe
That's nice. HiFi is unnecessary(for me too). Sunroof also can be missed(its just a good to have but not essential feature). But Corona Rings are a must have. During last week of december when I was about to get my car, my dealer was willing to give me a baseline from their stock with corona rings installed for free. A really sensible deal, I'd suggest you get in touch with your dealer and try to work out something. Also drMohitG can also look out for such an option. with the kind of money you are saving, i'd suggest you can get a wheel upgrade to a higher model's design or atleast get reps of good design wheels.
Old 14th October 2013, 23:56   #252
BHPian

Quote:
That's nice. HiFi is unnecessary(for me too). Sunroof also can be missed(its just a good to have but not essential feature). But Corona Rings are a must have. During last week of december 2012 when I was about to get my car, my dealer was willing to give me a baseline from their stock with corona rings installed for free. A really sensible deal, I'd suggest you get in touch with your dealer and try to work out something. Also drMohitG can also look out for such an option.
Going by my extensive research on the F30, I highly doubt that the dealer will install the corona rings xenons headlamps for free. I even doubt that they will install the same from the factory as a hell of a lot more things needs to be changed then just the headlamps. The list includes complex stuffs like complete replacement of wiring, etc. The xenons need headlamp washers as well which is not present in the baseline. Please check on it again as the dealers in Delhi NCR and Mumbai says a strict no to this.

Here is a little technical explanation on the difference in the wiring module;
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-xenon1.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-xen2.jpg
Old 15th October 2013, 06:21   #253
BHPian

Quote:
That's nice. HiFi is unnecessary(for me too). Sunroof also can be missed(its just a good to have but not essential feature). But Corona Rings are a must have. During last week of december when I was about to get my car, my dealer was willing to give me a baseline from their stock with corona rings installed for free. A really sensible deal, I'd suggest you get in touch with your dealer and try to work out something. Also drMohitG can also look out for such an option. with the kind of money you are saving, i'd suggest you can get a wheel upgrade to a higher model's design or atleast get reps of good design wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Going by my extensive research on the F30, I highly doubt that the dealer will install the corona rings xenons headlamps for free. I even doubt that they will install the same from the factory as a hell of a lot more things needs to be changed then just the headlamps. The list includes complex stuffs like complete replacement of wiring, etc. The xenons need headlamp washers as well which is not present in the baseline. Please check on it again as the dealers in Delhi NCR and Mumbai says a strict no to this.

Here is a little technical explanation on the difference in the wiring module;
Attachment 1152861

Attachment 1152862
Most 2012 F30s were direct imports.

If I remember correctly, The difference between the Baseline & Luxury Line in 2012 imports was The headlamps (Corona Rings) , Wheels and Chrome accents on the exteriors.
I cant recollect if there was any other difference between the 2. Even the luxury line had no sunroof, no bluetooth music streaming and the option of Saddle brown interior, sunroof and bluetooth streaming was only available in the top spec Luxury Plus/328i.

The major differences came in once the car started assembly in India. So Veelubai the instance you mention could simply be a case of the dealer taking you for a ride to clear his stock offering you the 2012 luxury line (without sunroof) and passing it off as a baseline with corona rings. (Thats what it really was !). My Experience with BMW dealers is whats driving me to think of this

The second explanation could be that the car was imported as is.
Many features were skipped or additional features given to lucky customers on these 2012 imports.
For instance most 2012 Luxury/Sport Lines got a 4 speaker music system while 2013 india assembled ones got the 9 speaker. Similarly many initial 2012 buyers got rear door window curtains even in the base variant which were skipped in the 2013. Bluetooth streaming was missing in some 2012 cars.

Adi you're right, the bi-xenon headlamp assembly costs a bomb (i think approx 3 lacs - not sure) besides the complicated fitting procedure. No dealer in his right mind would specially fit the car with Bi-Xenons just to close a sale, they'd rather offer that much more discount.
Old 15th October 2013, 09:17   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The Xenon headlights have become standard across the range now according to the brochure on there website. Also at the risk of sounding stupid, aren't corona rings also there even if your car has halogens? I have seen so many BMWs with yellow rings which I presumed to be halogens and some other with white ones which must be Xenons.
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 09:45   #255
BHPian

Quote:
The Xenon headlights have become standard across the range now according to the brochure on there website. Also at the risk of sounding stupid, aren't corona rings also there even if your car has halogens? I have seen so many BMWs with yellow rings which I presumed to be halogens and some other with white ones which must be Xenons.
The previous gen E90 3-Series had corona rings whereas in the new F30 it was missing (probably a feature they wanna preserve until they come out with LCI/Facelift). And just checked the brochure where it actually says that even the baseline 3-Series now comes with the xenons headlamp! That's a welcome move! I see a lot of potential buyers now moving towards the baseline. Good observation!

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 15th October 2013 at 09:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks