Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2013, 13:59   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
The previous gen E90 3-Series had corona rings whereas in the new F30 it was missing (probably a feature they wanna preserve until they come out with LCI/Facelift).
The corona rings are very much present in the F30 too right from the start. Just see the 1st page of this official review itself.
Old 15th October 2013, 14:19   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The corona rings are very much present in the F30 too right from the start. Just see the 1st page of this official review itself.
I thought we were talking about the baseline? I should have been more specific... My fault lol!
Old 15th October 2013, 20:05   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Xenon headlights have become standard across the range now according to the brochure on there website. Also at the risk of sounding stupid, aren't corona rings also there even if your car has halogens? I have seen so many BMWs with yellow rings which I presumed to be halogens and some other with white ones which must be Xenons.
Yup they are standard now. Makes the base line so much more attractive. The halogens looked horrible.
Old 15th October 2013, 20:35   #259
Senior - BHPian

Just choose your cars carefully if anyone is buying the base 3. Some here had similar issues getting E90's without navigation.
Old 15th October 2013, 20:39   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Just choose your cars carefully if anyone is buying the base 3. Some here had similar issues getting E90's without navigation.
Can you please elaborate. The base 3 doesn't come with navigation I believe.
Old 15th October 2013, 20:41   #261
Senior - BHPian

I'm Sorry, I mean when you are buying the new F30 Base line, try chose the car with Xenons as most dealers will push out the cars without Xenons.

I suppose one might get some extra discount but in the long run the Xenons help, and they really really REALLY add a lot of positive appeal.

Quote:
Can you please elaborate. The base 3 doesn't come with navigation I believe.
S350L-E240 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 00:10   #262
BHPian

My baseline has the Halogens. No corona rings. It is a good move by BMW to introduce this in the baseline. This is the only feature I miss.

My car has bluetooth connectivity as well as powered rear windscreen. The interiors of baseline and luxury models are almost the same if you are looking at Beige interiors.

Quote:
Old 16th October 2013, 01:02   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post
My baseline has the Halogens. No corona rings. It is a good move by BMW to introduce this in the baseline. This is the only feature I miss.
Hey I deleted the invoice mail you had sent me. It would be really helpful if you can Email me on dr.mohitg@yahoo.com so that I can contact you if I have any queries. Or just give me your mail id here. Unable to still PM you.
Also if possible would be really interested in checking your car's interiors incase they don't have a base 3 for me to check. Have a host of other questions which would be more appropriate to be taken off this thread.
Old 16th October 2013, 19:44   #264
BHPian

Sure. Will do that. You can test drive mine and see. The sports mode is awesome. Happy to give you any info that may want.

Quote:
Hey I deleted the invoice mail you had sent me. It would be really helpful if you can Email me on dr.mohitg@yahoo.com so that I can contact you if I have any queries. Or just give me your mail id here. Unable to still PM you.
Also if possible would be really interested in checking your car's interiors incase they don't have a base 3 for me to check. Have a host of other questions which would be more appropriate to be taken off this thread.
Old 18th October 2013, 00:24   #265
BHPian

I really hope BMW India updates the Sport Line and Luxury Line as well. I'm not saying that they lack any equipment but being the 'top-end' diesel 3er on sale, they surely deserve the bigger iDrive screen with navigation and connected drive that is there in the 328i. The sunroof, dakota leather, HiFi audio system, 17" alloys may not be enough to charge customers a premium of 4.5L over the baseline now.
Old 18th October 2013, 00:32   #266
BHPian

Is it confirmed that the baseline comes with Xenons? Because I just downloaded the specifications sheet and there it is not marked for baseline. Please let me know if this news is confirmed. If Xenons are really there then baseline suddenly looks VFM proposition especially with 3.5L discount. Only thing I would then miss is the sports seats from Sport Line. But can live with that for a savings of 5L!
Old 18th October 2013, 00:41   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Is it confirmed that the baseline comes with Xenons? Because I just downloaded the specifications sheet and there it is not marked for baseline. Please let me know if this news is confirmed. If Xenons are really there then baseline suddenly looks VFM proposition especially with 3.5L discount. Only thing I would then miss is the sports seats from Sport Line. But can live with that for a savings of 5L!
Xenon are marked as standard on all three trims including baseline. Only absent in base petrol model according to brochure.

Where did you get the 3.5L discount? If that on base model. Please let me know the details on that.
Old 18th October 2013, 00:48   #268
BHPian

Quote:

Xenon are marked as standard on all three trims including baseline. Only absent in base petrol model according to brochure.
Thanks for the info. The specifications sheet I have doesn't show it. Will call the SA tomorrow for more details. Anyhow, it's a very good news indeed. Time for another TD to feel the car. Last time didn't pay attention to the baseline but now need to check out throughly. Financially it makes great sense compared to Sport Line. I hope dealer has a baseline for display/demo. Let's see.

Sunnysm mentioned 3.5L discount on baseline few posts ago in this very same thread.

Last edited by the_skyliner : 18th October 2013 at 00:51.
Old 19th October 2013, 09:46   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
I really hope BMW India updates the Sport Line and Luxury Line as well. I'm not saying that they lack any equipment but being the 'top-end' diesel 3er on sale, they surely deserve the bigger iDrive screen with navigation and connected drive that is there in the 328i. The sunroof, dakota leather, HiFi audio system, 17" alloys may not be enough to charge customers a premium of 4.5L over the baseline now.
I presume The bigger idrive screen(along with its features) will be reserved for a mid-life upgrade on the 3 series.

The Baseline does suddenly sound like more VFM. Though my dealer is yet to confirm on the corona rings on the baseline, Don't you think there would be a marginal price increase in the baseline. The Corona Bi Xenon Headlamps cost a bomb!

The premiums being charged on the Luxury/Sport are merely on paper now. The discounts are so huge now that It solely depends on what the dealer has in stock. Most dealers have the sports/luxury in stock hence offering a way higher discount on the luxury/sport line than the baseline, effectively reducing the price difference to 2-3 lacs or even less. Of course it may be the opposite too !
Old 19th October 2013, 10:23   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
I presume The bigger idrive screen(along with its features) will be reserved for a mid-life upgrade on the 3 series.

The Baseline does suddenly sound like more VFM. Though my dealer is yet to confirm on the corona rings on the baseline, Don't you think there would be a marginal price increase in the baseline. The Corona Bi Xenon Headlamps cost a bomb!

The premiums being charged on the Luxury/Sport are merely on paper. The discounts are so huge now that It solely depends on what the dealer has in stock. Most dealers have the sports/luxury in stock hence offering a way higher discount on the luxury/sport line than the baseline, effectively reducing the price difference to 2-3 lacs or even less. Of course it may be the opposite too !
For the mid-life upgrade we will get the LCI with minor changes all over like the new iDrive, LED turn indicators and slightly reworked bumpers. So, I really hope that come January "14 they upgrade the iDrive on the Sports/Luxury Line 320d with the bigger one. Even if this would mean a marginal increase in price by say a lakh people would gladly go for it (from my point of view). And you're right that the price difference between the variants is merely on paper if we consider the practical scenario and once the baselines equipped with xenons come this difference will decrease further (Less discount on the baseline in comparison to it's premium counterparts)

Most Viewed