Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 15:11   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Considering a 320 D, requires inputs on ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post

I have been using the 320d for the last couple of months and have done around 3000 kms including an out station trip. I have been pretty satisfied with the ride quality.
Does the baseline come with cruise control? Its not mentioned as a feature in the specification sheet at all.
Old 6th November 2013, 15:52   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Does the baseline come with cruise control? Its not mentioned as a feature in the specification sheet at all.
There is no cruise control. I don't think it is there in luxury or sports line either. It is probably just on the 328i.
Old 6th November 2013, 18:38   #333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post
There is no cruise control. I don't think it is there in luxury or sports line either. It is probably just on the 328i.
No 3 series sedan isold in India currently has cruise control.
Old 7th November 2013, 13:37   #334
BHPian

Quote:
The F30 doesn't have cruise control. Instead it has a speed limiter, with which you can set a speed limit and no matter how much you press on the pedal, the speed won't go above the set limit.

I've found this to be much better than cruise control in places where you need to follow speed limits (chandigarh). I find it safer too, as you're more involved with driving the car. You rest the foot on the peddle. My civic has cruise control and i've found myself wandering off when its on cruise control as my foot is on the footrest. Sudden breaking can startle the driver sometimes.

On the other hand, for highway drives, a traditional cruise control is much better.
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 21:06   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post

The F30 doesn't have cruise control. Instead it has a speed limiter, with which you can set a speed limit and no matter how much you press on the pedal, the speed won't go above the set limit.
This limiter, as I found out yesterday, also does get activated in case of sudden braking. I was driving on 60kmph and suddenly braked after which my limiter @ 30kmph got activated. Maybe very useful in case of sudden panic reactions on highways.
Old 8th November 2013, 14:59   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Would really appreciate some information about the Secure packages. From what I understand it works just like any other 0% depreciation insurance. So can I buy any regular insurance and give a miss to secure?

Also what would be your pick amongst Havana and Imperial blue for the 3 series?
Doc, may I ask which trim/color are you buying?

In any case, I would strongly advise you to not skimp on the BSI. It is immensely beneficial in the long run for a car of that value especially if it is going to be self-maintained.
Old 8th November 2013, 19:01   #337
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan1 View Post
This limiter, as I found out yesterday, also does get activated in case of sudden braking. I was driving on 60kmph and suddenly braked after which my limiter @ 30kmph got activated. Maybe very useful in case of sudden panic reactions on highways.
Don't think there is any such feature. You may have pressed the button by mistake while braking. If I remember correctly 30kmph is the minimum speed for the limiter so it would have got set to that if you were below that speed when the button got pressed.
Old 8th November 2013, 19:14   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Don't think there is any such feature. You may have pressed the button by mistake while braking. If I remember correctly 30kmph is the minimum speed for the limiter so it would have got set to that if you were below that speed when the button got pressed.
Actually that was my first thought too so i did deliberately try sudden braking to see if it works and it did again. Will try and find a secluded stretch and see if it works today.
rohan1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 09:37   #339
BHPian

Just happened to come across this F30 320D for sale in Bangalore. Probably the first of the F30 to go on sale in the used car market. Run 8k Kms only.

Thought ill post it here. Cheers.

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...eries-S432262/
Old 10th November 2013, 09:52   #340
BHPian

What surprises me about this car : It's done 8000+ Km on temporary plates? Why did the seller not get the car registered, instead chose to drive it for 8k km before disposing it. Something fishy about it?

Quote price + road tax will be a little less than what we will pay for a new car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Just happened to come across this F30 320D for sale in Bangalore. Probably the first of the F30 to go on sale in the used car market. Run 8k Kms only.

Old 10th November 2013, 09:55   #341
BHPian

Guys please suggest which BSI should I go for?
option 1 Year: 5 KM:60K Money: 3Lac
Option 2 Year: 5 KM:100K Money: 4.43Lac
Option 3 Year: 6 KM:120K Money: 5.63Lac
Old 10th November 2013, 09:59   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
What surprises me about this car : It's done 8000+ Km on temporary plates? Why did the seller not get the car registered, instead chose to drive it for 8k km before disposing it. Something fishy about it?

Quote price + road tax will be a little less than what we will pay for a new car!
Yeah. I noticed it too.

Thinking out loud, it might be possible that the seller does not have any recent pictures and these were shot when he actually got the new car?
Old 10th November 2013, 10:13   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah. I noticed it too.

Thinking out loud, it might be possible that the seller does not have any recent pictures and these were shot when he actually got the new car?

The seller has mentioned it has not been registered:

http://bangalore.olx.in/2013-model-b...-iid-564397617

I wouldn't touch this car, never know what history is has of own and the owner!
aditbelw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 10:33   #344
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah. I noticed it too.

Quote:
The seller has mentioned it has not been registered:

http://bangalore.olx.in/2013-model-b...-iid-564397617

I wouldn't touch this car, never know what history is has of own and the owner!
Guys cool down if I am not mistaken, I know this car, its a demo owned by Navnit motors (BMW Dealer in Bangalore), initially they quoted 37L for this and nobody touched it. Even at this price I doubt it.
Old 10th November 2013, 11:33   #345
BHPian

Need some suggestions from fellow BHPians.

After a lot of rational thinking, came to a decision to buy used 3 series (E90 ofcourse). Purely to enjoy the depreciation benefits offered by pre-worshipped cars.

Went to check BMW premium selection outlets to check out available options. Following are worth considering:

1. 320d Highline 2010: 56k on odo, White with beige interiors, single owner, in good condition. Price: 21.5L

2. 320d Highline 2009: 48k on odo, Silver with beige interiors, second owner, in decent condition, iDrive not completely working (some lag between button press and response on screen). Price: 19.5L

3. 330i Highline 2012: 12k on odo, white with black and brown interiors, single owner, in good condition. Price: 27L

What do you guys think about the prices? I am sure the 330i is not worth for more than 20-21L but I am not sure about the other options. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

4. 520d Highline 2011: 30k on odo, blue with beige interiors, single owner, in good condition. Price: 33L

Mods: Just realised that this may not be the right place for asking the used car prices. However I think I will get quick responses here. If you think it's not a right place then please move it to appropriate thread. Thanks!

Last edited by the_skyliner : 10th November 2013 at 11:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks