Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 22:05   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

Any reason for shortlisting these 2 variants? Couldn't understand the 320i selection as it is a really stripped down variant. You would probably be better of with a 320d baseline.
The reason behind 320i is that my wife prefers petrol engine over diesel due to less vibrations and noise in cabin. However I am sure she won't complain about the 320d as I have driven it and nothing filters in. Still will TD the 320i.

Also have no idea about which features are missing on 320i, will go deep during my next visit.
Old 12th November 2013, 11:58   #362
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Also have no idea about which features are missing on 320i, will go deep during my next visit.
I was quite keen on 320i as well as I do less than 600 kms a month. Apparently the engine is as powerful as 320d and a lot more refined. It can also be tuned to a higher output.

The features in 320i and 320d are the same. No difference in interiors or exteriors.

The reason I did not take the 320i is lack of discounts. There was no discount on 320i as most dealers did not have the car. They usually order it once the customer confirms, whereas 320d baseline gets a big discount. Also, the dealer told me that in India, the resale value of 320d is a lot more than that of 320i.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Sunnysm : 12th November 2013 at 12:01. Reason: Spelling error
Old 12th November 2013, 12:27   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post

I was quite keen on 320i as well as I do less than 600 kms a month. Apparently the engine is as powerful as 320d and a lot more refined. It can also be tuned to a higher output.

The features in 320i and 320d are the same. No difference in interiors or exteriors.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the insight, Sunnysm.

First will TD it and see if I like it after that if dealer has anything in stock on which a discount is being offered then might consider it.

My experience when I visited them last time is that the SA wasn't interested in promoting 320i. Reason might be what you already mentioned.

Is the ex-showroom same for 320d baseline and 320i?

Expecting some discounts on it as they say "presently it's a buyer's market"
Old 13th November 2013, 18:31   #364
BHPian

Guys, latest update on the price. The max discount for baseline 320d with Xenons is now 2.75 lakhs. This is after lot of haggling, exchange bonus, and if you take finance from them.

For one with Halogens, the discount can go upto 4.5 lakhs.
Sunnysm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 19:22   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post
Guys, latest update on the price. The max discount for baseline 320d with Xenons is now 2.75 lakhs. This is after lot of haggling, exchange bonus, and if you take finance from them.

For one with Halogens, the discount can go upto 4.5 lakhs.
Hey sunny thanks alot buddy for all the help, really appreciate this

You're due for a treat, once the car comes home, or should I say we both are in for a treat once mohit gets the delivery.

And just to mention the 4.5 discount available on old one is 2012 chassis, they have a few cars with them still available and for with Xenons the best you can extract is 2.75, I don't think anyone can get even a penny more on this, atleast here in Delhi.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 09:27   #366
BHPian

yesterday my 320d baseline with xenon had arrived in the workshop. went for a PDI. everything looked ok. but on enquiry when they said that mud flaps don't come with the car and mud flaps cost rs8000, I felt dizzy for few moments.
Old 14th November 2013, 09:52   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
yesterday my 320d baseline with xenon had arrived in the workshop. went for a PDI. everything looked ok. but on enquiry when they said that mud flaps don't come with the car and mud flaps cost rs8000, I felt dizzy for few moments.
Welcome to the world of expensive maintenance. I would rather buy cheap aftermarket mud flaps than spend 8000 on the ones being given by the dealer. The accessories in general are priced insanely high. Black colour regular floor mats were apparently around 12k Rs.
Old 14th November 2013, 10:09   #368
BHPian

Guys, I have been hunting for 328i sports line covering almost every dealership. But "there is none in production" seems to be the answer from everyone. There is one(CBU unit) in imperial blue but it's luxury line 2012 model, this car misses out on key features like paddle shifts, head up display and sunroof. Dealer is offering a discount of 5 lakh something. Should I consider this deal?
Old 14th November 2013, 10:17   #369
BHPian

Quote:

Welcome to the world of expensive maintenance. I would rather buy cheap aftermarket mud flaps than spend 8000 on the ones being given by the dealer. The accessories in general are priced insanely high. Black colour regular floor mats were apparently around 12k Rs.
Options of importing OE parts on net must be much cheaper?
Old 14th November 2013, 10:17   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The mats were costing some 16.5k for whole set. Mudflaps were around 8k, but the sa there suggested that, you don't buy them as they are placed quite low and are prone to scrapping even on breakers, you may end up loosing one of them in few weeks time. Rather don't buy them.
Old 14th November 2013, 12:05   #371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Considering a 320 D, requires inputs on ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
The fortuner is not ideal for highway runs. There are lots of instances even in this forum where the fortuner has toppled. I am not sure, but i believe that the fortuner sold in India does not have Body(Vehicle) Stability Control, while the fortuner sold elsewhere has this.

In my opinion, the Pajero sports is more suitable with its car like driving experience.
The Fortuner is extremely suitable for highway runs if you know what you are doing. Quite a few owners - including me - have been doing X000 kms of roadtrips in all sorts of roads. I recently cruised from Bangalore to Nagzira (Hyd - Nagpur - Nagzira) driving through the night and maintaining steady 3 digit speeds in the good stretches. Last year I drove to Uttarakhand from Bangalore. Not all roads are good - and a tough vehicle such as the Fortuner makes life easier for the driver. Especially the 4x4 version that is built a lot more robustly. Typically I do a canonball run to the initial destination - whether the Himalayas or some forest - and then start offroading there. Not many vehicles can do that keeping the passengers in comfort.

In India, the new 4x4 MT version comes with VSC, the others don't.
nilanjanray is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 17:53   #372
BHPian

Quote:
The rubber mats cost Rs. 4800 from BMW. Those are the ones you should buy. No use buying carpet mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswant View Post
Guys, I have been hunting for 328i sports line covering almost every dealership. But "there is none in production" seems to be the answer from everyone. There is one(CBU unit) in imperial blue but it's luxury line 2012 model, this car misses out on key features like paddle shifts, head up display and sunroof. Dealer is offering a discount of 5 lakh something. Should I consider this deal?
2012 Model isn't worth considering. except the alloys, its same as the 2013 baseline.

i Believe there's only 50 328i units allocated for india each year. I think realistically a good thing to do would be to put down a small deposit with a dependable dealer (they're hard to find) and ask them to give you one as soon as they're allocated in the coming year. The 328i is worth the wait !
Old 15th November 2013, 23:28   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
2012 Model isn't worth considering. except the alloys, its same as the 2013 baseline.
Thanks bro for the inputs. I did a one by one comparison in the spec sheet given by the dealer today. This particular car matches exactly with the luxury line plus model, except for the sunroof. It has larger idrive screen with navigation and rear view camera. I am only concerned with the fact that it's brought to india in early 2012, which means it's probably 2011 model. Reason for interest is obviously it being 328i and also saddle brown interior.
Old 16th November 2013, 00:43   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro for the inputs. I did a one by one comparison in the spec sheet given by the dealer today. This particular car matches exactly with the luxury line plus model, except for the sunroof. It has larger idrive screen with navigation and rear view camera. I am only concerned with the fact that it's brought to india in early 2012, which means it's probably 2011 model. Reason for interest is obviously it being 328i and also saddle brown interior.
Do keep in mind that even a new 328i probably will carry some discounts. So in reality if there is not a considerable price difference then I would suggest you opt for a 2014 make car and place an order for the same. Navnit motors is one of the bigger dealers and is sure to be allotted stock of the 328i whenever it comes.
Old 16th November 2013, 09:19   #375
BHPian

Quote:
As long as they give you the warranty, and you opt for BSI, you don't have to bother about the history of the car. The 3 Series was launched in India in Late 2012, thats when it would've been brought down here. The larger drive screen is hard to find. And imperial Blue with Saddle Brown is by far the best interior available. If i were you, i'd go for it.

Btw if i may ask, whats the price being offered to you? The luxury Line was priced at approx 32.25 lacs ex showroom in October 2012. So a 5 lacs discount should translate into a price of approx 27 lacs ex showroom.

Quote:
Do keep in mind that even a new 328i probably will carry some discounts. So in reality if there is not a considerable price difference then I would suggest you opt for a 2014 make car and place an order for the same. Navnit motors is one of the bigger dealers and is sure to be allotted stock of the 328i whenever it comes.
I don't think so. The car is limited to 50 cars a year for India and as you can see there may be many many others in the market like Jaswant looking for a 328i. I wouldn't expect any material discounts on this one. Especially not if I'm booking one in advance !

Last edited by Bluebeem : 16th November 2013 at 09:21.
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks