Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2014, 16:47   #511
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Congratulations! Though I think Sportline would have made more sense considering the awesome sports seats.

When is the delivery? And if you don't mind, could you share the deal you got?
Thanks skyliner! As I said earlier I wasn't flexible on my colour preference hence opted for this. The beautiful saddle brown itself makes up for the absence of sports seats. The accessories costed me 3.51L and the car would be delivered in a fortnight. I'll inbox you the deal I got.
Old 1st January 2014, 19:05   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post

Thanks skyliner! As I said earlier I wasn't flexible on my colour preference hence opted for this. The beautiful saddle brown itself makes up for the absence of sports seats. The accessories costed me 3.51L and the car would be delivered in a fortnight. I'll inbox you the deal I got.
Saddle brown is indeed a good choice over the beige one. When I was looking for Sportline, that time also there were limited exterior color options available. I think there was one black, one grey and one blue. But I was sure on getting those seats hence opted for the black one.

Looking forward to a detailed ownership report. Especially review of M sport suspension.
Old 2nd January 2014, 02:25   #513
BHPian

Today got a call and email from BMW about the BSI pack after almost 30-40 days of booking a 520d. Weird is the only word that comes to mind since they not only cancelled my 520d pre-facelift but also sent a 320d BSI package details instead of a 520d.

Submitting here for 320d BSI price reference :

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Greetings for the day!

We thank you for sparing some of your valuable time over telephone & discuss BSI repair package for your BMW 320d, it was our pleasure to update on the package contents.

As discussed with BMW service inclusive, your car can be serviced as often as necessary with in the inclusive period, and avoid the inconvenience of discussing cost estimates and undertaking financial transactions at every workshop visit. The scope of service will apply to the entire term of validity regardless of the maintenance interval.

You can rest assured that only Original BMW parts are used, and your BMW is in the experts hands of BMW trained professionals using state of the art technology for diagnosis & repairing the vehicle. All Original parts carry a standard 2 year unlimited mileage warranty.

With the range of BMW service inclusive packages available, you have the option to cover up to 6 years or 120000 Kilometers of all servicing and regular maintenance cost of your BMW.

Further, when the time comes to upgrade the vehicle with a new BMW, you can expect your carefully maintained BMW to be a more attractive proposition for a prospective buyer and could also benefit from a higher resale value.

The Basic Package Cover – Engine Oil / Oil Filter / Air Filter / Fuel Filter / Ac Filter.

The Basic Plus Cover – (All benefits of Basic ) & – Front Brake Pads / Front Brake Rotors / Rear Brake Pads / Rear Brake Rotors / Wiper Blade.

The Plus and extended warranty Package Cover – (All Benefits Of Basic & Basic Plus) & - Front Suspension / Rear Suspension / All Shock Absorber / Major Assemblies / Repairs Beyond Warranty Limits.

Please find mention below investment & time frame details for your kind reference and perusal.

BASIC/BASIC PLUS/PLUS & EXTENDED WARRANTY

3 Year – 60000 Km - Basic 97866 / Basic Plus – 214271 / Plus & Extended warranty – 233035/-

4 Year – 80000 Km - Basic 117641 / Basic Plus – 262585 / Plus & Extended warranty – 327417/-

5 Year – 60000 Km - Basic 103259 / Basic Plus – 220900 / Plus & Extended warranty – 303372/-

5 Year – 100000 Km - Basic 160450 / Basic Plus – 348316 / Plus & Extended warranty – 443934/-

6 Year – 120000 Km - Basic 200001 / Basic Plus – 409777 / Plus & Extended warranty – 565845/-

Note :
1) BSI package does not cover Tyres / Wheel balancing / alignment / vehicle washing / accidental damages & hydrostatic lock.
2) The cost of package would be applicable as on the date of purchase.
3) The package validity would be counted from 0Km and from the date of vehicle purchase.
4) The package price mention are applicable today & can change in future without any prior information.

In case of any further details required please feel free to contact undersign.

Last edited by Brishti : 2nd January 2014 at 02:27.
Brishti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 23:23   #514
BHPian

Today out of curiosity, I happen to check the C Class. Have to say that on closer look I found the car to be quite awesome. Till now I had my eyes stuck on the new 3 series and was afraid that Mercedes would soon launch the new C Class and the present generation car would look out of place by next year.

A little bird (Carwale.com) had told me that the cheapest Diesel C Class costs 40 lacs on road in Delhi. Screenshot below.
{Have lost trust in the site as of now}.

On visiting the showroom, I found this to be false. The basic version of the car C220 actually costs 36 lakhs OTR in Delhi. The SA offered a discount of 3 lacs. So the car is actually available for 33 lakhs after discounts without any negotiations.

With my visit to the Merc showroom I have included the C Class in my hunt for a new car along with the 3 Series.

Friends – I am sure that the C Class would never be able match the beamer from an engine performance point of view. But somehow I have forever had this love for a Mercedes since childhood and have always dreamt of owning a Merc.

I am putting up this question in a 3 Series forum.
Do you guys think it makes sense to buy the C Class with the fact that the new model of the car is due by next year ?

Also the 3 Series has been launched only in 2012 and would remain refreshed for the next couple of years at the minimum.

Any idea about what should be the max discount available on a C Class. The SA is offering 3 lakhs till now without any negotiations. I would be pushing for more in the next couple of days. Lets see how this goes.

Please do advise if anyone has recently got a new C Class and with how much discounts ? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-benz-quotes.jpg  

wingsoffires is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 08:46   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
With my visit to the Merc showroom I have included the C Class in my hunt for a new car along with the 3 Series.

I am putting up this question in a 3 Series forum.
Do you guys think it makes sense to buy the C Class with the fact that the new model of the car is due by next year ?

Also the 3 Series has been launched only in 2012 and would remain refreshed for the next couple of years at the minimum.
A C over the 3? Thats like committing hara-kiri right there !

As per your query per se, No the C would really depreciate once the new model comes in. More than that after paying so much to own that luxury car, I would rather have the feeling that its the latest edition rather than seeing a newer edition roll out within a year.

But even more than that how can you live with the C after driving the 320d?
The discounts seem alright. Thats what I got offered. A friend picked up the Avantgarde edition for around 36L with HR plates a couple of months back.

Also remember the Mercedes service pack is not as comprehensive as BSI and its offered for lesser number of years too. BTW in this case why don't you wait for the Audi A3 sedan then? How much are the BMW people offering you finally?

Last edited by drmohitg : 5th January 2014 at 08:48.
Old 5th January 2014, 11:48   #516
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Friends – I am sure that the C Class would never be able match the beamer from an engine performance point of view. But somehow I have forever had this love for a Mercedes since childhood and have always dreamt of owning a Merc.
That answers the question doesn't it? The C is a great car too - its good a great ride, its built well, the Avantgarde is loaded in terms of features. The only area it misses out is the engine. Even the 250 isn't as fun to drive as the Bimmer, the 220 is worse than that. But power and driving involvement may not be your priorities.

If you get a good enough discount I don't think it should be an issue even with the new C coming soon.
Old 5th January 2014, 16:10   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Today out of curiosity, I happen to check the C Class. Have to say that on closer look I found the car to be quite awesome.
I like the C quite a bit and had tried it when I had decided to buy a car in that segment. I thought the interiors are much better than that of the 3 series. In my opinion, the 3 looks a lot better. It is not a bad car to buy. You should get better discounts now that the new model is almost out.
Old 9th January 2014, 15:10   #518
BHPian

Has anyone opt for paint protection flim from 3M for the entire car? If yes, then I would be interested in the feedback and costing.

Will be taking delivery tomorrow. Need to decide on this immediately.
Old 9th January 2014, 15:26   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone opt for paint protection flim from 3M for the entire car? If yes, then I would be interested in the feedback and costing.

No need at all.

Just get it detailed after 3 months (around pre monsoon)
Old 9th January 2014, 15:34   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone opt for paint protection flim from 3M for the entire car? If yes, then I would be interested in the feedback and costing. Will be taking delivery tomorrow. Need to decide on this immediately.
I would strongly recommend you get it done. My car has developed so many little Knicks here n there including few on the bonnet due to small stones hitting on high speed highway driving.

Bumpers get few Knicks when parked In public or driving in traffic.

I wish this facility was available near me
Old 9th January 2014, 15:43   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Entire car??? That would be an overkill. It would anywhere be close to a 50K or more. The max you may need is to put it on the bumpers / door handle well / OVRM and may be running boards too.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 17:08   #522
BHPian

Quote:

I believe 3M would be very expensive but they might offer a good deal for the entire car so shop around. It is a smart decision to opt for paint protection film right after delivery not only for small chips or scratches but to prevent natural paint fading.
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 17:41   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
No need at all.

Just get it detailed after 3 months (around pre monsoon)
The issue with my car is that it's black. Even minor scratches will be visible hence thinking of getting it done.
Old 10th January 2014, 09:26   #524
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have come across a 2008 320i HL run 44K kms in Bangalore. Need advice on this one, first, is the 320i worth buying irrespective of the price (will i get that real BMW feel), i have never driven a 320i. Driven 320d and it does have that X factor. Second, if it is worth buying then at what price, this is through a dealer but on commission, owner is asking 13.5 L before negotiating. I personally feel i should not pay anything more than 9, what say.
Old 10th January 2014, 10:31   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Hi Guys, I have come across a 2008 320i HL run 44K kms in Bangalore. Need advice on this one, first, is the 320i worth buying irrespective of the price (will i get that real BMW feel), i have never driven a 320i. Driven 320d and it does have that X factor. Second, if it is worth buying then at what price, this is through a dealer but on commission, owner is asking 13.5 L before negotiating. I personally feel i should not pay anything more than 9, what say.
I don't think your post qualifies for this particular thread but since it's a question I could relate to I'll just answer it.

Came across a similar 2008 320i HL run 50k in Ahmedabad. Offer was via a dealer for 11L and was negotiable. The condition of the car was best termed as OK. So as an answer to your second question, Yes. You should negotiate and bring down the price to below 10 depending on the condition of the vehicle! Good luck.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 10th January 2014 at 10:32.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks