Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 10:33   #526
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Hi Guys, I have come across a 2008 320i HL run 44K kms in Bangalore. Need advice on this one, first, is the 320i worth buying irrespective of the price (will i get that real BMW feel), i have never driven a 320i. Driven 320d and it does have that X factor. Second, if it is worth buying then at what price, this is through a dealer but on commission, owner is asking 13.5 L before negotiating. I personally feel i should not pay anything more than 9, what say.
Its not that powerful, honestly you wont really enjoy it. Rather look for a 320d, its more expensive but more fun.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 11:35   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, I have come across a 2008 320i HL run 44K kms in Bangalore. Need advice on this one, first, is the 320i worth buying irrespective of the price (will i get that real BMW feel), i have never driven a 320i. Driven 320d and it does have that X factor. Second, if it is worth buying then at what price, this is through a dealer but on commission, owner is asking 13.5 L before negotiating. I personally feel i should not pay anything more than 9, what say.
I have seen 325i's that old going for about 12-13 lakhs, so a 320i is definitely not worth 13.5l. 9 lakhs sounds about right. Also, very clearly, the owner is selling it after his BSI plan has expired. It may be cheap for a BMW but its going to cost a lot to maintain.

Last edited by StarScream : 10th January 2014 at 11:36.
Old 10th January 2014, 11:56   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post

I have seen 325i's that old going for about 12-13 lakhs, so a 320i is definitely not worth 13.5l. 9 lakhs sounds about right. Also, very clearly, the owner is selling it after his BSI plan has expired. It may be cheap for a BMW but its going to cost a lot to maintain.
I'd happily buy a 325i for 12-13L if i get one in Bangalore but nothing seems to be right in the used car market here in Bangalore.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:37   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
The issue with my car is that it's black. Even minor scratches will be visible hence thinking of getting it done.
I believe you would be taking the delivery of your 3'er now, congrats

Being a black car you may want to get the paint protection done, so go ahead
Old 10th January 2014, 13:38   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd happily buy a 325i for 12-13L if i get one in Bangalore but nothing seems to be right in the used car market here in Bangalore.
That is right, I was talking about prices in Delhi/NCR. I have no idea about Bangalore. However, the Indian Blue Book price reckoner also throws up a price b/w 9l and 10l for a car of that age in BLR.

Last edited by StarScream : 10th January 2014 at 13:43.
Old 10th January 2014, 14:02   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
The issue with my car is that it's black. Even minor scratches will be visible hence thinking of getting it done.
Please do let me know the cost of the same. i am a little apprehensive about the film and what it claims to achieve. The Imperial blue shade is also amazingly prone for scratches. Won't the film reduce the natural shine of the paint and give it a uniform glaze?
Old 10th January 2014, 18:20   #532
BHPian

So let me just ask this question. Which is the easiest color to maintain in the 3 series.

My experience tells me that darker colors tend to look unpleasing in the long run with the added effect of scratches and small dents.

I do like the Imperial Blue but most people are suggesting it would be difficult to maintain in the long run.

As I mentioned earlier that for some reason the Mineral Grey is available with an extra discount on the 320d.

In all my earlier purchases I have been very clear about my color preference but somehow in case of the 3 series, am unable to make up my mind.

How about Havana, Red and White. Would these look as good 5 years down the line.

Last edited by wingsoffires : 10th January 2014 at 18:23.
Old 10th January 2014, 19:33   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
How about Havana, Red and White. Would these look as good 5 years down the line.
Well car colors are a very personal thing so you may not agree with my choice. But to me Imperial blue looks the best on BMW. The car itself is costly to own and maintain. So then when you are buying one why shy away from the color you love must because it will require a little extra attention. Having said that my choice amongst the colors you have listed will be in the order of :
1. Havana
2. Mineral grey
3. White
4. Melbourne red
Old 10th January 2014, 20:07   #534
BHPian

Presently I do not have a color preference as such.

The BMW logo is enough for getting any kind of attention on the road :-)

Most importantly I just do not want that the car starts looking dull and old 4-5 years down the line. So want to invest in a shade that looks good a few years later.

I do feel that the 3 looks sportier and quite awesome in the RED color. Only that on some occasions you just might get more than the required attention. Also that Red color might fetch the lowest resale values down the line. I experienced this while selling my 5 year old Red SX4 Zxi a few days ago. Most people were avoiding the car because of the color.
Old 10th January 2014, 20:15   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Presently I do not have a color preference as such.

The BMW logo is enough for getting any kind of attention on the road :-).
Don't buy the color that will get you attention. Buy the color that looks best to you. The red color will ofcourse fetch little low probably during resale. I didn't like the rear design in red as the tail lights merge with body color. Other than that red looks hot.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 20:42   #536
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Please do let me know the cost of the same. i am a little apprehensive about the film and what it claims to achieve. The Imperial blue shade is also amazingly prone for scratches. Won't the film reduce the natural shine of the paint and give it a uniform glaze?
Mohit you can get the PPF on the bumper corners and places like the inside of the door handles, etc. But personally small scratches are going to happen, don't lose your mind over it. Just get the car polished twice a year and it will look like new, believe me.

Quote:
So let me just ask this question. Which is the easiest color to maintain in the 3 series.

My experience tells me that darker colors tend to look unpleasing in the long run with the added effect of scratches and small dents.

I do like the Imperial Blue but most people are suggesting it would be difficult to maintain in the long run.

As I mentioned earlier that for some reason the Mineral Grey is available with an extra discount on the 320d.

In all my earlier purchases I have been very clear about my color preference but somehow in case of the 3 series, am unable to make up my mind.

Grey would be the easiest to maintain. It doesn't show dirt, swirls, or scratches too easily. But then I'm talking about space grey, while mineral grey is a bit darker. Either way forget about maintenance, just buy the colour you like best. Follow some good habits when the car is being washed (like only using microfibers, making sure it is wiped dry), and give it a good detail twice a year and it will look like the day you got it from the showroom even 5 years down the line.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 23:06   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...In all my earlier purchases I have been very clear about my color preference but somehow in case of the 3 series, am unable to make up my mind.

My rule is; buy the color which looks the BEST on the car. And I love the white the most, on a F30. There is one in my office and I just can't take my eyes off it, whenever I see it. Bl**dy thing even brings a smile unknowingly.

As said, take the one which makes you go mad and makes you smile everytime you look at it. Don't worry about what others think.

Quote:
...Also that Red color might fetch the lowest resale values down the line. I experienced this while selling my 5 year old Red SX4 Zxi a few days ago. Most people were avoiding the car because of the color.
If it had been a Swift, it would have moved off like a hot cake. Personally I never liked the red on a Dzire or SX4. I felt SX4 was better off in silver and black and all other colors were bad on the car.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th January 2014 at 23:11.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 23:25   #538
BHPian

@drmohitg, @karan561, took the delivery of my 320d today. Have not called 3M people so far. Will call them tomorrow and then decide about which parts to get protected.

Will keep you posted.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 00:54   #539
Senior - BHPian

Did BMW increase prices? Any idea whats the current ex showroom for the 320D Baseline?
Old 13th January 2014, 08:00   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Did BMW increase prices? Any idea whats the current ex showroom for the 320D Baseline?
Haven't seen the pricelist myself but its Rs. 33.75L for the baseline with xenons from what I have heard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks