Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 07:43   #616
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokJain View Post
i havent been able to figure out a blue sign in the drivers display screen showing fuel sign and kms....any idea?
If it is at the bottom RHS of the display, it will appear when you are driving in the Eco Pro mode. Use the tips for Hyper Miling.

You get symbols as tips for efficiency oriented driving. The tips include, reduce speed with a speedometer sign, slow acceleration with foot on pedal sign, gear in auto mode and not in manual mode shown by an image of the gear stick.

The little blue sign helps you to go back into the 'eco' zone. For me, it helps me cool down and not race other cars on the express way.
Old 8th April 2014, 10:08   #617
BHPian

In eco pro the blue km sign with sign of fuel shows the kms saved by efficient dynamic for the current tank of fuel.
Old 8th April 2014, 11:32   #618
BHPian

Reposting from another thread. I know it is a month too late to buy a 2013 model. We are working in a budget of 30L and looking at the 320d base with xenon's and Q3 2.0 177ps TDI. Need help as to how much discount I can extract at this time on either model. Car will be registered in NCR! Many thanks 
Old 8th April 2014, 13:05   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Reposting from another thread. I know it is a month too late to buy a 2013 model. We are working in a budget of 30L and looking at the 320d base with xenon's and Q3 2.0 177ps TDI. Need help as to how much discount I can extract at this time on either model. Car will be registered in NCR! Many thanks 
Till the last week of February- Mid March, Audi was offering a discount of INR 3 lacs on the Q3. BMW's discount depends on dealership to dealership, but should be between INR 2.5-3 lacs.
However despite discounts, neither is available for INR 30l, which is your budget. You would need to stretch it by INR 3-4 lacs minimum. The cost of service/maintenance packs would be extra.

Cheers
Rohan
Old 25th April 2014, 16:54   #620
BHPian

Performed tests on the Agra Delhi expressway recently.

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img20140414wa0009.jpg

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th April 2014 at 11:19. Reason: Removing picture
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:04   #621
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to post pictures of my friend's 328i, Modern Line here: Its not available in India on the 328i, I am not sure though it comes with features shown in the pic that's a bigger iDrive screen: Also note the fine matte textured wood grain on the dash
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-idrive-screen.jpg
L-R Active Blindspot, Anti Collision Braking, Lane Departure Warning:
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-bls-button.jpg
Note, the modern line does not offer paddle shifts even on the 328!
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-steering-1.jpg
Ahh the tasty wood grain textured elements:
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-idrive-knob.jpg
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:38   #622
BHPian

After doing some research on entry level luxury cars(mainly lurking teambhp threads), I have decided to go for BMW 320d sport line. I really like Imperial blue on a BMW but for the sport line I think red and black looks best. I am kind of confused on which colour combo to go for: Melbourne Red with Black interior, Melbourne red with red interior or black sapphire with red interior. I am inclined for Melbourne red with red interior. What are your opinions?
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:06   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseenar View Post
After doing some research on entry level luxury cars(mainly lurking teambhp threads), I have decided to go for BMW 320d sport line. I really like Imperial blue on a BMW but for the sport line I think red and black looks best. I am kind of confused on which colour combo to go for: Melbourne Red with Black interior, Melbourne red with red interior or black sapphire with red interior. I am inclined for Melbourne red with red interior. What are your opinions?
If I were you, I would go for black on black, or white exterior with red interiors. In the white car one can get the black colored sporty diffusers and orvms.
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:16   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
If I were you, I would go for black on black, or white exterior with red interiors. In the white car one can get the black colored sporty diffusers and orvms.
Thank you for the suggestions! I own a white Accent now and my Honda city is sparkling brown which is very similar to black so red would be a change! May be red with black interior would be a safer bet than red with red interiors.. Even though my family has visited the showroom and checked out the cars, I am yet to visit the showroom or take it for a test drive as I am out of station.
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:25   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestions! I own a white Accent now and my Honda city is sparkling brown which is very similar to black so red would be a change! May be red with black interior would be a safer bet than red with red interiors.. Even though my family has visited the showroom and checked out the cars, I am yet to visit the showroom or take it for a test drive as I am out of station.
I am sure your Accent won't mind the White BMW I am not a fan of red, if it suits your style, what the heck just go for it! but obviously with a black interior.
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:53   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Good decision!

But I am not sure that you can get red interiors in 320d sport line or any 320d variant for that matter. Red interiors are only available in 328i AFAIK.

If they have introduced red interiors in 320d in 2014 then it could be possible as I am talking about cars till December-2013.

Please confirm with the dealer.

However, I would recommend a red car with black interiors. I have a black on black which I like but red would be even better combination.

The red sticking on black leather looks great!
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:57   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to post pictures of my friend's 328i, Modern Line here: Its not available in India on the 328i, I am not sure though it comes with features shown in the pic that's a bigger iDrive screen: Also note the fine matte textured wood grain on the dash
Congratulations to your friend!

My personal opinion is that beige interiors just kills the sporty feeling of a car. And especially bimmers (and that too a 328i) and beige interiors don't go well together.

Mods, just realized that I posted back to back. Please merge the posts. Sorry for inconvenience!

Last edited by the_skyliner : 22nd May 2014 at 16:58. Reason: Note for Mods
Old 22nd May 2014, 17:00   #628
BHPian

Moderator note: Please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of back to back posts. Thanks.

Quote:
I am sure your Accent won't mind the White BMW I am not a fan of red, if it suits your style, what the heck just go for it! but obviously with a black interior.
Yeah! I am going give the accent away anyway! I guess I need to see the cars in the showroom to decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Good decision!

But I am not sure that you can get red interiors in 320d sport line or any 320d variant for that matter. Red interiors are only available in 328i AFAIK.

If they have introduced red interiors in 320d in 2014 then it could be possible as I am talking about cars till December-2013.

Please confirm with the dealer.

However, I would recommend a red car with black interiors. I have a black on black which I like but red would be even better combination.

The red sticking on black leather looks great!

Well, I could get red interiors for 320d in the BMW India website's configuration centre page. Yeah! black with red on the inside will look good but I think a red car looks sporty(which is my type)! For now it is red on the outside and black leather with red sticking on the inside!

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd May 2014 at 18:48.
Old 23rd May 2014, 16:06   #629
BHPian

Quote:

Well, I could get red interiors for 320d in the BMW India website's configuration centre page.
Don't trust the website. Not everything mentioned there matches with the reality. I am pretty sure there is no 320d with red interiors available as I asked the same things yesterday to my SA and got a negative response.

It is only offered in 328i. In 320d, beige, saddle brown & black interiors options are available.
Old 23rd May 2014, 16:24   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Don't trust the website. Not everything mentioned there matches with the reality. I am pretty sure there is no 320d with red interiors available as I asked the same things yesterday to my SA and got a negative response.

It is only offered in 328i. In 320d, beige, saddle brown & black interiors options are available.
My family in Kerala test drove the BMW 320d today.. It was a white car with red interiors! Unless they brought a 328i for test drive when we are buying a 320d which is highly unlikely!
yaseenar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed