Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2015, 20:44   #781
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
328i's are hard to come by, and the chances of finding one under warranty or BSI is very slim .
This maybe a stupid question, since you can buy BSI and warranty up to 3-5 years anytime. Does it really matter whether the used BMW has BSI, can't you negotiate the cost into the deal?
Old 17th September 2015, 22:12   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
This maybe a stupid question, since you can buy BSI and warranty up to 3-5 years anytime. Does it really matter whether the used BMW has BSI, can't you negotiate the cost into the deal?
You can only buy it till the car is under warranty, or if it is under extended coverage and if you'd want to extend it further.

Most of the 328i's were sold mid 2012 to early 2013. I didn't find any late 2013 or 2014 models even mentioned anywhere, so chance of finding a car under factory warranty are almost nil. The warranty cost for used cars is much higher than what it would cost normally when new (I'd reckon its almost twice as much) and only BMW Premium Selection cars come with an option to extend the warranty regardless if the car's factory coverage has lapsed.

I have been quoted INR 1 lakh for the first year, 1.5 for the second and 2.5 for the third year. And you cannot purchase this if you take your car, it has to be clubbed with the car purchase. And they don't negotiate much on these prices. I'm trying to get some freebies thrown in, lets see.

Biggest uphill task is to get a good loan deal. My experince so far with BMW Financial Services has been terrible, according to their calculations borrowing 17.85lac at a 12% interest rate turns out that I'll be paying 5,70,795 in interest over 48 months with a 5lac balloon payment on the 48th month. Absolutely absurd! (That translates to approx 32%)

Last edited by quickdraw : 17th September 2015 at 22:23. Reason: Added some stuff. Corrected numbers.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 14:14   #783
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Posted this in the F30 thread as-well:

I'm being offered a 2012 CBU 328i Luxury Line with 20k on the Odo for 20l. The car is in scratchless condition, but sadly the beige interior does have a few dark spots in places (nothing that a 3M session can't fix). The dealer has also offered extended 1 year warranty for 1 lakh extra. I'm buying this from Deustche Moteren this was their dealer car, and is a CBU.

Surprisingly this doesn't have the rear blinds. It also makes do without the paddle shift steering, sunroof or HUD like the Sport Line. There are some little niggles here and there (no badge in rear, one of the rear light is loose etc) but nothing out of the ordinary. I have booked the car and waiting for loan approval. What do you guys think?

I'm attaching some pictures and a VIN report:
There wont be many takers for this car Since its Petrol.
I would suggest that you can try and squeeze like 1-2L more from 20.
What was the OTR price in 2012?
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 13:46   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
There wont be many takers for this car Since its Petrol.
I would suggest that you can try and squeeze like 1-2L more from 20.
What was the OTR price in 2012?
Yeah I know, I'm estimating in next three years I can look at a resell price of 16, 14 and 12 lakhs for 2016,17 & 18 respectively (correct me if I am wrong).

The OTR price for a 328i was around 45-46 lakhs for a Sport Line, but this being a Luxury Line was never sold at retail. The dealer invoice for the car for 2012 is around 30 lakhs ex-showroom. It was registered in Feb 2013 though. But definitely a food for thought, I should negotiate hard on this or say i'll walk away. I'm sure getting rid of petrol 3 series is hard for them as it is. They are offering some freebis though.

There was another problem, HDFC Bank Valuation for the car turned out to be 15 lakhs! They have 27/30 for car condition but calculated it on a 30 lakh invoice value. I'm trying to see if this can be changed.
Old 21st September 2015, 14:05   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I know, I'm estimating in next three years I can look at a resell price of 16, 14 and 12 lakhs for 2016,17 & 18 respectively (correct me if I am wrong).

The OTR price for a 328i was around 45-46 lakhs for a Sport Line, but this being a Luxury Line was never sold at retail. The dealer invoice for the car for 2012 is around 30 lakhs ex-showroom. It was registered in Feb 2013 though. But definitely a food for thought, I should negotiate hard on this or say i'll walk away. I'm sure getting rid of petrol 3 series is hard for them as it is. They are offering some freebis though.

There was another problem, HDFC Bank Valuation for the car turned out to be 15 lakhs! They have 27/30 for car condition but calculated it on a 30 lakh invoice value. I'm trying to see if this can be changed.
Yeah, you can expect that kind of depreciation, since its the first owner that takes the maximum hit.
If you are sold on this particular car, then go for it.
But i would suggest, that you look around a bit, who knows you may end up with a sportsline.
Things like Sunroof and all are a glaring omission on this car.
Old 21st September 2015, 14:21   #786
Senior - BHPian

The 328i sportsline was fully loaded with all of the goodies, some of them available only on the 530d! So the price of the 328i sportsline was unreasonably high for a 3 series petrol.

That being said, the 328i engine and gearbox combo is certainly worth looking at even if at a luxury line (Besides other goodies it won't have the sports gearbox/paddle shifts, variable sports steering, 18" alloys and sports seats of the sportsline) as the engine / GB is a superb package.

Even if paying a bit more, try and get a decent 328i sportsline - very few were sold - and it really is a great car which will be quite exclusive.
Old 21st September 2015, 14:34   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Yeah, you can expect that kind of depreciation, since its the first owner that takes the maximum hit.
If you are sold on this particular car, then go for it.
But i would suggest, that you look around a bit, who knows you may end up with a sportsline.
Things like Sunroof and all are a glaring omission on this car.
Yeah, there are loads of options in this price range. Some dealers have brand new fully loaded unregistered Mini Coopers they are selling for 25-27 range. And all kinds of 320D deals. Just makes it more difficult, thats why I narrowed down on this car and wanted to close my hunt. Let me see if I can squeeze some more money as discount it makes sense as this is a long term investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
The 328i sportsline was fully loaded with all of the goodies, some of them available only on the 530d! So the price of the 328i sportsline was unreasonably high for a 3 series petrol.

That being said, the 328i engine and gearbox combo is certainly worth looking at even if at a luxury line (Besides other goodies it won't have the sports gearbox/paddle shifts, variable sports steering, 18" alloys and sports seats of the sportsline) as the engine / GB is a superb package.

Even if paying a bit more, try and get a decent 328i sportsline - very few were sold - and it really is a great car which will be quite exclusive.
The 328i that we are discussing just doesn't have the Sunroof, HUD and Paddle Shift. I can't find much difference between Sports gearbox and the one on this car online, this does have Sport + mode, 18' wheels. But no lumbar support sport seats.
Old 26th September 2015, 13:48   #788
BHPian

Quote:

The 328i that we are discussing just doesn't have the Sunroof, HUD and Paddle Shift. I can't find much difference between Sports gearbox and the one on this car online, this does have Sport + mode, 18' wheels. But no lumbar support sport seats.
If are looking at short term resale for this car, honestly speaking, you will have a hard time finding buyers offering you prices you listed for a 2 owner(by then) petrol BMW.

No sunroof is the biggest deterrent for someone who'd be looking at a true "upgrade" to used BMW.Not everybody will be lured by the engine/GB combo alone.

Look around for a sportsline, if you are looking for short term (1-2 years down the line) resale, I still say. A good option would be to keep the car long-term( say 4+ years) to enjoy the value as the depreciation starts flattening out 4th year onwards(counting from MY) onwards for most used luxury options.
Old 26th September 2015, 20:31   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
If are looking at short term resale for this car, honestly speaking, you will have a hard time finding buyers offering you prices you listed for a 2 owner(by then) petrol BMW.

No sunroof is the biggest deterrent for someone who'd be looking at a true "upgrade" to used BMW.Not everybody will be lured by the engine/GB combo alone.

Look around for a sportsline, if you are looking for short term (1-2 years down the line) resale, I still say. A good option would be to keep the car long-term( say 4+ years) to enjoy the value as the depreciation starts flattening out 4th year onwards(counting from MY) onwards for most used luxury options.

I do agree with you on all fronts. But I'm not going to make a decision based on the resale value simply because I know what happens when you try and sell your call. Dealers are low balling scumbags and chance of finding a direct buyer will be difficult. I'd rather enjoy the car and keep it in excellent shape (all our cars/bikes are cared for and loved). Will try and sell back to BMW only to get best resale in either case. Unfortunately unlike Bikes you cannot keep cars for life, I would have loved to. And I am planning to keep the car for min 3 years. Will check if getting some good offer then I'll take otherwise use for 1 more year.

I test drove the Octavia today, although it has decent punch. Driving dynamics are sad. Steering to soft and the gearbox is confused. The sport mode doesn't upshift automatically.
Old 26th September 2015, 20:42   #790
BHPian

Quote:
And I am planning to keep the car for min 3 years. Will check if getting some good offer then I'll take otherwise use for 1 more year.

I test drove the Octavia today, although it has decent punch. Driving dynamics are sad. Steering to soft and the gearbox is confused. The sport mode doesn't upshift automatically.
In case you're looking to keep the car 3 years, go ahead.

The deal you're getting is stellar.Not the dealer's fault that the car doesn't have a sunroof, but he's compensated you with the pricing and goodies + BSI.Pick it up before someone else comes along.20L is sheer value sunroof or no sunroof.
Old 27th September 2015, 22:01   #791
BHPian

Any news about the LCI launch date ? Any inside information on the features and whether the rear suspension & steering tuning have been considered on the India LCI ?
Old 28th September 2015, 10:58   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
Any news about the LCI launch date ? Any inside information on the features and whether the rear suspension & steering tuning have been considered on the India LCI ?
India already has the rough road suspension package so doubtful if any further suspension improvements may be there in India LCI. Steering being same globally, the India LCI should have the improved steering.
Old 28th September 2015, 12:31   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
In case you're looking to keep the car 3 years, go ahead.

The deal you're getting is stellar.Not the dealer's fault that the car doesn't have a sunroof, but he's compensated you with the pricing and goodies + BSI.Pick it up before someone else comes along.20L is sheer value sunroof or no sunroof.
I don't really care much about the sunroof TBH. The Paddle Shift steering can be installed. The HUD would be nice, but I personally like minimal distractions while driving and usually switch off iDrive or additional screens (part of the reason that I love the BMW instrument console so much).

I've already booked it weeks ago, waiting for the loan to get disbursed, unfortunately because of shrad I cannot take delivery for 15 more days
Old 28th September 2015, 18:27   #794
Senior - BHPian

Can any one clear my confusion regarding the BSI packs being offered by BMW right now? The pack offered to me is BSI plus + extended warranty for 5 years/60,000 kms at 3.5 lacs and this takes care of all service related jobs like oil, filters, brake pads, clutch etc and full warranty coverage till 5 years.

Earlier BMW used to give some thing as BSI ultimate which even used to cover battery replacements, suspension components etc but do they cover battery replacements in this new BSI PLUS pack or this new pack only covers the brake, oil and filters. What is the deal?

I called the workshop to ask what all is changed during first service and he said that it is the iDrive that will tell you what all needs to be changed. I used to think that iDriver tells when your oil change service is due but it does not tell if AC filter or air filter needs replacements, i think these should be automatically changed when oil change service is done but the workshop guy said that they will do replacement for filters if iDrive tells them to, if not then only oil change service is done. Does iDrive give individual replacement parameters?

I have noted that in some cases, if the workshop guys know that you have not taken BSI, then they push everything like new air filter, ac filters etc but if they know you have BSI, then they avoid the replacements of filters until you push them to.
Old 28th September 2015, 20:38   #795
Senior - BHPian

[quote=coolboy007;3813203

I have noted that in some cases, if the workshop guys know that you have not taken BSI, then they push everything like new air filter, ac filters etc but if they know you have BSI, then they avoid the replacements of filters until you push them to.[/QUOTE]

There is a BSI Brochure on the BMW India website which clearly lists out everything. You can ask your dealer to send you the .pdf if you want. I'm on mobile otherwise would have found it for you.

I've noticed the newer BMW's have iDrives that tell you much more like brake pads and other things that are due for replacement. Not sure if same is true for Air Filter too. And I doubt that would skimp on filter replacements, they get compensated for it from BMW India I'm sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks