Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 09:41   #841
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
does anyone own a 320i Petrol. Any idea how much approx should the Basic First Service cost
Recently mine 530-D went for first service and total bill for oil change and some filters & wipers was less than 20 K of which 7 K was towards wipers which probably were Ok but they replaced due to BSI conditions . You are looking at sub 15 K in my opinion
Old 16th October 2015, 12:57   #842
Senior - BHPian

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-12087687_10152979311625876_1151030505698487416_o.jpg

Aganju came home last night, and oh man its quick! Going from my brothers 3cy Polo Diesel to this is daunting. I need to take it easy and spend sometime getting used to the power and dynamics. Will put up the ownership and buying review in a week or two once I've spent sometime with the car.
quickdraw is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 13:35   #843
BHPian

Congratulations, enjoy the machine. It is a treat. Drive safe don't go too fast. It's yours for a long time. Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Recently mine 530-D went for first service and total bill for oil change and some filters & wipers was less than 20 K of which 7 K was towards wipers which probably were Ok but they replaced due to BSI conditions . You are looking at sub 15 K in my opinion
That's correct first service for 320d was 21000 with fuel additives and lots of extras. If I had been prudent it would be 17 k. The second service was for 29000 rs without front brake pads which are due in another 3000 kms and set to cost 25 k.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th October 2015 at 13:52. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 16th October 2015, 20:25   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Going from my brothers 3cy Polo Diesel to this is daunting. I need to take it easy and spend sometime getting used to the power and dynamics. Will put up the ownership and buying review in a week or two once I've spent sometime with the car.
Congratulations brother, it is a lovely car and am sure you must have got a sweet deal on it. How much has the car clocked? Did you opt for the extended warranty or BSI pack?
Do drive slow initially, it is impossible to judge speed in this car until you glance at the speedometer and i also got carried away once but then not pushing it until i clock atleast 1500 kms to get the hang of it, mine is a diesel and the acceleration is brutal, can only imaging how the 328i would be
Old 16th October 2015, 20:59   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congratulations brother, it is a lovely car and am sure you must have got a sweet deal on it. How much has the car clocked? Did you opt for the extended warranty or BSI pack?
Do drive slow initially, it is impossible to judge speed in this car until you glance at the speedometer and i also got carried away once but then not pushing it until i clock atleast 1500 kms to get the hang of it, mine is a diesel and the acceleration is brutal, can only imaging how the 328i would be
I purchased 1 year of warranty for 1 lakh, next year i'll have to pay 50k more to extend it for another year. And not sure how much I need to pay for the 3rd year. Beyond that they will not be offering warranty. Its a Feb 2013 car so I think its only fair. I'll be looking into a upgrade then, or maybe keep it till the 4th year. Only worry is what will I upgrade to!

The car had done 20032 kms when I got it. Service is not due till 26k or 02/2016 according to the iDrive. I actually feel that the sensation of speed feels much more in this car then say my Polo. At 120 it feels much faster than my Polo. I guess its just because of the urgency at which this accelerates.

I recently read this while looking for some info about the 328i

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-n20dyno.jpg

"This F30 328i was tested on EAS (European Auto Source)'s Dynojet 224xLC and put down an impressive 226hp / 230lb-ft torque (at the wheels), with just 91 octane gasoline.

What does this equal to at the crank (for comparison to BMW's factory quoted power figures for the 2012 328i)? Assuming a 15-17% drivetrain loss, this dyno result translates to approximately 265-272hp / 270-277lb-ft torque at the crank, or +25-32hp and +15-22lb-ft torque more than the factory figures!"

Source - http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=646824

This is the exact same car as mine, with Auto transmission and running regular 91 octane fuel. Its absolutely bonkers that this car is making over 270hp at the crank. Unfortunately there are no dynos in Delhi that I know of, or would have loved to get it checked. I couldn't have even imagined this. Also it has a few options that the Indian F30 didn't come with. My dealer says my car has the adaptive suspension, and it has the comfort access system where I can just walk to the car and open it with the ribbed part on the door handle.

I plan to finish the review and ownership thread by next week and will share lot of small interesting things about the car.
Old 18th October 2015, 16:23   #846
Distinguished - BHPian

Which floor mats are you guys using? I have still not found the perfect/ideal mats for the 3 series. The OEM carpet mats get dirty very fast being all beige in colour. Tried using those plastic transparent mats but they slip a lot and tend to all fold up, making it unsafe and cumbersome to use.
Old 18th October 2015, 16:53   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Which floor mats are you guys using? I have still not found the perfect/ideal mats for the 3 series. The OEM carpet mats get dirty very fast being all beige in colour. Tried using those plastic transparent mats but they slip a lot and tend to all fold up, making it unsafe and cumbersome to use.
You can either go for 3D mats or the noodle ones.
These are the best 3D ones, though they cost a fortune:
http://www.autofresh.in/3d/3d-car-mats-royal-kagu-bmw/p-11420-59647034832-cat.html#variant_id=11420-97585700856

Regards,
Shreyak
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 21:27   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can take a look at - http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/su...ryId=4018.html or the all weather floor mats (but they are black in color). The prices I'm seeing online are cheaper than the 3D mats. I'd rather replace them for that price. If ever traveling abroad these can be picked up.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 21:30   #849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can take a look at - http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/su...ryId=4018.html or the all weather floor mats (but they are black in color). The prices I'm seeing online are cheaper than the 3D mats. I'd rather replace them for that price. If ever traveling abroad these can be picked up.
Black would not go with my car. Its all beige interiors. I am thinking of opting for either noodle mats or the star car 3D mats which are a bit cheaper than Kagu. The noodle mats look decent but the 3M ones are quite costly. Thinking of exploring DIY route like some BHPians have documented on the forum before.
Old 18th October 2015, 22:02   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The noodle mats look decent but the 3M ones are quite costly. Thinking of exploring DIY route like some BHPians have documented on the forum before.
Mohit, am using beige Star 3D mats in my car and would vouch for their effectiveness and looks. Wonder how you are using stock mats for so long as mine got soiled within a week of owning. The star mats fit well and have a velcro like substance at the back which totally grip the floor area and they do not move.

Will try clicking some pics tomorrow in daylight if you wish, the quality is good as am using the same type of mats in all my cars and the ones in Vento have lasted over 3 years now.
Old 19th October 2015, 12:09   #851
BHPian

Hey folks!!
Please welcome me to the Beemer Brigade as I've just brought home an F30 320d sportsline (melbourne red) The car is all I ever imagined and much much more....
anyway the main point is that presently the offers on 3-series are phenomenal as the LCI is just around the corner and BMW/dealers are looking to clear all their stocks.
Anyone looking to buy the ultimat3 -- this is the time!!
I will try an post an ownership thread soon...
sanj947 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:04   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Black would not go with my car. Its all beige interiors. I am thinking of opting for either noodle mats or the star car 3D mats which are a bit cheaper than Kagu. The noodle mats look decent but the 3M ones are quite costly. Thinking of exploring DIY route like some BHPians have documented on the forum before.
The Black ones are all weather, and there is also a set which has beige accenting. Personally I feel I'd rather spend 6k and change it every year or so rather than put aftermarket mats that don't fit well. But I'd love to see what they look like in person. My car has beige interiors too, and its the biggest problem for me to keep it clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanj947 View Post
Hey folks!!
Please welcome me to the Beemer Brigade as I've just brought home an F30 320d sportsline (melbourne red) The car is all I ever imagined and much much more....
anyway the main point is that presently the offers on 3-series are phenomenal as the LCI is just around the corner and BMW/dealers are looking to clear all their stocks.
Anyone looking to buy the ultimat3 -- this is the time!!
I will try an post an ownership thread soon...
Welcome! You should share the deal/offer you got which should help fellow TBhpian's bargain with their dealers and get the best deal.

Last edited by quickdraw : 19th October 2015 at 13:06.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:10   #853
BHPian

I would also like to request opinions on purchasing BSI plus repair inclusive package. Presently it is quoted at 1.37L for 3 years/40,000 km & 3.53L for 5 years/60,000km.
My sales advisor has recommended that i should buy it only when first service is due - probably in a year.
My average running is around 10,000km per year and I intend to keep the car for minimum 3 years + (probably 5)
However, the SA also opined that for my kind of mileage, BSI plus doesn't make sense.
I feel extended warranty is a must.

Even though Ive been told the price is fixed - is it possible to negotiate and get discounts on this?

Quote:
Welcome! You should share the deal/offer you got which should help fellow TBhpian's bargain with their dealers and get the best deal.
Discounts are in range of 9-10L on the on-road cost

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th October 2015 at 16:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 19th October 2015, 14:13   #854
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanj947 View Post
Hey folks!!
Did you buy this from Navnit Andheri by any chance and collected yesterday / today? Just asking since I saw a red 320d standing outside Navnit with a TC plate on sunday afternoon.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 15:53   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Did you buy this from Navnit Andheri by any chance and collected yesterday / today? Just asking since I saw a red 320d standing outside Navnit with a TC plate on sunday afternoon.
hi Axe77 - Actually i picked it up from Navnit Malad - delivered on Thursday last week.
The funny part is that both Navnit showrooms were competing with each other to close the deal and offer better discounts -- sometimes customer is actually the KING!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks