Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 15:14   #916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
My 320d is now 2 years and 20k kms.
It has opened up really well.
One non bmwish quality cropped up. With some of those sensible family trip and usage of speed limiter at 110 kmph i am constantly getting 22 kmpl. Range is extended to 1150 / 1200 km.
It is becoming more efficient than my dzire.
22kmpl? Seriously? Wow. That's an unbelievable and mindblowing FE for that beast. I should seriously consider exchanging my swift for a used 320d now LOL.

But, how is that possible? Did you ever come out of that eco-pro mode?
Old 19th November 2015, 12:14   #917
BHPian

Recently all the time eco pro. On highway speed limiter set @ 100 or 110. Then keep the accelerator pressed little more than necessary for that speed to allow limiter to play. And voila. Try yourself.
Old 19th November 2015, 14:43   #918
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

I had a question regarding BMW support. Suppose I buy a car from Mumbai dealer (I live in Bangalore), will I get support from the local dealer in case of any failure? I am getting a better deal from the Mumbai dealer than the local one. But the local dealer says they will not support me incase, say the car stalls. I believe that is untrue. Irrespective of the dealer, BMW has to support me. Please put forth your thoughts. There is a huge difference between their offers and hence this predicament.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 17:29   #919
BHPian

Just test drove the 320d. Now to put things into perspective, I've been driving the Fluidic Elantra so far but the 320d felt like a tank literally.

The drivers seat is pretty low and makes you feel slightly fearful at first, however, the front is clearly visible unlike the Elantra, which means you can see where the nose is.

But the magic happened when I put the foot hard down. I didn't even notice but the car hit 120 kms in no time.

That was some brutal acceleration (I'm sure it's commonplace to most of the veterans here, but coming from an Elantra, this felt like something else to me).

For some reason the car felt a lot bigger and tank like from the inside than it looks on the outside. Now I'm hoping for the dealer to finalize a good deal for me and hopefully I'll have a nice black 320d soon. Fingers crossed.
Old 19th November 2015, 20:47   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I believe that is untrue. Irrespective of the dealer, BMW has to support me. Please put forth your thoughts. There is a huge difference between their offers and hence this predicament.
Your Bangalore dealer is bluffing, there is just no way that they can deny you support of any kind. You should complain to BMW India about it, tell them you have a residence in bangalore as well and you want to purchase the car from there. I bought my car from Chandigarh, had alignment issues and the Delhi dealership (my deal with them did not work out) promptly attended to my concerns. This Mumbai dealership wants to scare you, do complain about such a cheap dealer once you get your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
The drivers seat is pretty low and makes you feel slightly fearful at first, however, the front is clearly visible unlike the Elantra, which means you can see where the nose is.
But the magic happened when I put the foot hard down. I didn't even notice but the car hit 120 kms in no time.
All the best and hope you close the deal soon. The frontal visibility in 320D is fantastic, have driven so many sedans but it is only the bmw where you can see the whole bonnet, makes driving it so easy. The acceleration is brutal and so is the handling.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 20:51   #921
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had a question regarding BMW support. Suppose I buy a car from Mumbai dealer (I live in Bangalore), will I get support from the local dealer in case of any failure? I am getting a better deal from the Mumbai dealer than the local one. But the local dealer says they will not support me incase, say the car stalls. I believe that is untrue. Irrespective of the dealer, BMW has to support me. Please put forth your thoughts. There is a huge difference between their offers and hence this predicament.
What a joke. It doesn't matter where you buy it from, the warranty is valid all over India. So your local salesman is just trying to scare you. Ignore him, and purchase the car from Mumbai if it is a better deal.
Akshay1234 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 21:23   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

All the best and hope you close the deal soon. The frontal visibility in 320D is fantastic, have driven so many sedans but it is only the bmw where you can see the whole bonnet, makes driving it so easy. The acceleration is brutal and so is the handling.
Thank you so much. Yeah, I'll try to keep my right foot light for the first few days to get used to the brutality at which it picks up speed.

The rep from BMW told me that he could possibly come close to 34.5 lacs on road. Let's see if I can push him further. I am only a few steps away from finally owning my first ever German beast.
rahul_jo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 13:15   #923
BHPian

Hi. I recently upgraded my audio system and got the alpine hi fi one for my 320d from the dealer. I ve been using it for about 15 days now. There is a definite improvement in the clarity. I usually prefer low bass and treble so a sub woofer is not needed. But I was not satisfied with the stock system in which all the instruments playing in the background and the finer aspects of the vocals were not appreciable. That issue now seems resolved.👍🏻
Old 21st November 2015, 13:18   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much. Yeah, I'll try to keep my right foot light for the first few days to get used to the brutality at which it picks up speed.

The rep from BMW told me that he could possibly come close to 34.5 lacs on road. Let's see if I can push him further. I am only a few steps away from finally owning my first ever German beast.
34.5L is a real sweet deal. This is for which variant?
Old 21st November 2015, 18:38   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
34.5L is a real sweet deal. This is for which variant?
The prestige variant.
Old 22nd November 2015, 14:42   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
Recently all the time eco pro. On highway speed limiter set @ 100 or 110. Then keep the accelerator pressed little more than necessary for that speed to allow limiter to play. And voila. Try yourself.
My take on ECO PRO-
Though there are no major issues in drivability in traffic when in Eco -pro mode but the AC cooling is clearly affected. Tried deselecting the climate control option in Idrive and total km gained over a tankful was around 5km which equals approx 25 bucks on 2500/- so around 1%.
Didn't seem worth the effort - possibly may be feasible when weather improves
Old 22nd November 2015, 23:44   #927
BHPian

Alright guys! I've finally taken the plunge and have booked my first ever German horse (320d prestige class). She will be dressed in black and should arrive soon.
Old 23rd November 2015, 07:37   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Alright guys! I've finally taken the plunge and have booked my first ever German horse (320d prestige class). She will be dressed in black and should arrive soon.
Whats the discount you got? I am also currently negotiating for a 3 series.

Last edited by shivasuma : 23rd November 2015 at 07:43.
Old 23rd November 2015, 07:50   #929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. What was the final deal? You finally bought it from whom and which dealership?
Old 23rd November 2015, 08:09   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Whats the discount you got? I am also currently negotiating for a 3 series.
I got a discount of approx 6.5 lacs and since I am exchanging my old verna, they gave me an added 75k exchange bonus. So all in all approx 7 lacs+ in discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congratulations. What was the final deal? You finally bought it from whom and which dealership?
Thank you so much. I strongly appreciate your help along the way. I bought it from the same dealer you recommended (Bird Automotive Gurgoan).

They couldn't match the deal they give to professionals/Corporates but they got pretty damn close to it. So all in all, I am one happy camper at the moment.

Once again, thanks a ton for the support.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks